Hate To Paint

Founded 2016 • With Angi since October 2016

Hate To Paint? inc. is a full service residential and commercial painting company servicing all of King County and beyond. We specialize in both interior and exterior painting, skilled in prep and repair on a multitude of substrates. Hate To Paint strives daily to provide great value and great results. We guarantee our work, and your satisfaction. We offer firm bids with no surprise up-charges. We are fully, licensed, bonded and insured. Call us at 206-482-8564 for a complimentary estimate....

A Service Provider's profile image

+29 more images

interior painting (24)house painting (19)general contractors (3)decks & porches (2)epoxy flooring (1)pressure washing (1)wallpaper removal (1)drywall (1)

09/25/2021

Marcella W.

The new color was matched perfectly to the old ...but their rates are great 😊 M Washington

Description of Work
Ketchen painted

Category contractors, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/13/2021

10/10/2019

Jordan R.

Had an amazing experience with this company. I would recommend their services to anyone! Love the job they did in my house. They were very efficient and got things done in a timely manner as promised!

Description of Work
Paint the deck paint the outside doors paint inside walls and trim and some handy work

Category decks, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

02/02/2019

David M.

Uma and the crew did a great job. They were efficient, pleasant, and very professional. We recommend them highly and would use this company again.

Description of Work
Painted the kitchen and hallway.

Work Completed On 02/02/2019

10/03/2018

Marci T.

Hate to Paint ? had previously painted the exterior of the house and the job went perfectly so we hired them for the interior painting too! Chris and his team are excellent and made the house look amazing - in fact it sold in 48hours!! I highly recommend Hate To Paint? !!!

Description of Work
Interior house painting

Work Completed On 09/13/2018

Review for Hate To Paint - 13760 Aurora Avenue North, Seattle, WA - 37443818

08/12/2018

Emilie G.

Hate to Paint has a great business model for their size. One partner, Chris, handles the bidding so responsiveness is good and you don't feel like you're holding up the painter who would rather be working during a the busy season. The partner, Una, supervises the paint crews. The crews are Mongolian and admittedly ours did not speak English. But that's OK because Una does and he is there at the beginning of , end of, and at times during the job in addition to being readily available by phone. The crews worked very hard and it appears their work is excellent. It was a difficult job with a very high climb. But what was most gratifying, is that Una discovered a situation where a siding board was bulging out. A less scrupulous painter, or an unsupervised crew, would have just painted it and been done. But Una brought it to my attention and offered to take a few boards out so we could investigate. One of our support straps had not been installed properly. I did a couple weeks of research and when it was time to put it back, Una came out himself and for a reasonable fee, fixed the strap, installed new siding and closed up the hole. That conscientiousness is what I would most recommend.

Description of Work
Seal and paint fascia board, paint one (weather side) wall of two story house

Work Completed On 06/12/2018

07/18/2018

GUY T.

Work needed was not a complete exterior house painting but specific trim areas, chimney and deck facia boards and detailed railings. Estimator was prompt and very straight-forward and specific about the various areas that needed painting. Also gave us option to have some areas painted and others not at our choice. Two painters were diligent and kept not painting surfaces and plants protected. Painters asked questions when they needed to do so. They initially omitted one railing area but came back and painted into the evening to get it completed.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

06/12/2018

Renee J.

We did a lot of research prior to selecting Hate to Paint? Inc and we were so happy with the exterior paint job we had done on our primary home that we hired them again for the interior of another property we own. Same great team and results. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Paint in interior and exterior

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

06/07/2018

Claire L.

Chris came out on short notice and gave me a reasonable estimate and was able to come back to do the work on my required dates, after a tenant had moved out and while getting the property ready for sale. He and his company came back, did the work, did a great job, and I was very pleased that he could do it on short notice and according to my schedule. It was a big help to me to find someone so reliable and professional. Thank you!

Description of Work
Interior painting to prepare condo for sale.

Work Completed On 05/18/2018

03/16/2018

Miya F.

We had a wonderful experience with Chris, Una and their crew. They are all fast and efficient, tidy, respectful of the space they are working in and everyone is very professional and thorough. In addition to paint they did some drywall repair (expertly done, I might add) along with light carpentry. There were a few spots that needed to be revisited but they didn't leave until we were 100% satisfied. Their pricing is very competitive and I highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Indoor Painting and Light Carpentry

Category contractors, drywall, wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/03/2018

03/02/2018

Mindy M.

Fantastic! I had a very comfortable experience working with this company. They were responsive and helped me make a solid choice regarding the stain type. I would definitely work with Chris and his team again.

Description of Work
Deck needed to be stained`

Category decks, house painters

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

02/18/2018

Bert C.

The job was tentatively scheduled for March or earlier if weather permitted, which it did, so we were done by the end of the second week in February. There were some periods of light rain, but the timing was such that there was no impact to the paint. There was one painter who did the pressure washing, prep work and painting. He did a very nice job. He apologised for not speaking good english, but we thought he did remarkably well, and had no issues communicating We are very satisfied with the job done by Hate to Paint.

Description of Work
Paint soffits, fascia, corbels, fascia board and posts in the front of the home with two coats of Sherwin Williams Superpaint in satin. Prep work to consist of pressure-washing areas to be painted, scraping all loose/peeling paint, and priming those areas with an oil-based primer, as well as all new wood. Caulking where needed.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 02/10/2018

[Member Name Removed], We were happy to work for you, our valued client. Thank you so much for the review.

02/05/2018

Karrie G.

I am so happy I found "Hate to Paint?"! After reaching the limits of my stepladder (and talent) I needed help finishing the paint job for my entryway with 15' ceilings. It was a tiny job, but most of the quotes I received from other painters mandated an expensive minimum charge. Chris at "Hate to Paint?" came to the rescue. He was willing to work with me on the budget and scale of my project which literally saved me hundreds. Ganzo from his crew showed up early, did an expert-quality job, and I love how it turned out: clean lines, excellent coverage - just perfect! I'm truly grateful for this personalized service and happy to support a local company. I'll definitely be calling them again.

Description of Work
Painting the tall ceilings in an interior hallway

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

Thank you for the nice review [Member Name Removed] and have a great week.

01/25/2018

Adrian P.

The Hate to Paint team repainted the ground floor of our house - 2 bedrooms, living room and dining room. They were efficient, friendly and very professional. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 11/11/2017

[Member Name Removed], It was our pleasure to work for you. Your project was fun for us. Thank you so much for the business and your review.

01/23/2018

Gabe S.

Went great. Chris and Una were incredibly helpful and flexible in working out scheduling and other details on a tricky job. They came through on everything they promised.

Description of Work
Exterior Paint

Work Completed On 01/17/2018

01/19/2018

Adam K.

Chris and Una were a pleasure to work with. They were extremely responsive, professional and fairly-priced. They did the job faster than we thought they would, and made sure to follow up and respond to all of our questions. They went above and beyond with being careful about things like our new floors and light fixtures. They also provided a free one hour session with their color consultant which was incredible. I really can't say enough good things about them.

Description of Work
We repainted the entire interior of our home - walls, trim and ceiling.

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

01/16/2018

Claudio M.

I went great. They we quick, professional and did quality work. A great solution for a basement.

Description of Work
They did an epoxy application in my basement to an untreated concrete floor.

Category interior painters, epoxy flooring

Work Completed On 09/28/2017

Review for Hate To Paint - 13760 Aurora Avenue North, Seattle, WA - 36758996

01/08/2018

Andy K.

The "Hate to Paint" team was awesome. They came it at a great price, did quality work, and were very prompt on any communication.

Description of Work
Painting of House Exterior

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

01/06/2018

Cindy T.

From start to finish, my experience with this company was so stress free, and top notch. They went over every detail, and kept me notified with all progress reports until the job was done. My house was in desperate need of a new face lift. When they were done, it looked so beautiful. Everyone commented on how wonderful the house looked. I highly recommend "Hate To Paint" for any of your painting needs. You will not be disappointed. Thank you to Chris, and Una for exceeding all my expectations. I love my home now!!!!

Description of Work
The exterior painting of my house.

Category contractors, house painters

Work Completed On 01/06/2018

01/04/2018

Lynn S.

Everything went well. When they forgot to paint the outdoor shed they returned promptly and completed the job. My picky partner thought they did a really good job.

Description of Work
Exterior House painting

08/17/2017

Ayesha K.

Chris LeBeau @ Hate to Paint has been a wonderful service provider to deal with. He was very responsive and made sure the job was well done. He suggested a detailed estimate visit to outline what he saw the house needed - I found that very useful. He kept work on schedule. It was an absolute pleasure to work with him and I would highly recommend his company.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting of house and carpentary

Work Completed On 08/17/2017

07/11/2017

LAURA Q.

Excellent. The quality of the work was outstanding, and the team was so professional and courteous throughout the project. They noticed that a critical board on our arbor was rotted out and were able to replace it at a reasonable cost and with little impact on our timeline. Every evening they cleaned-up meticulously before leaving and the team was friendly, quiet and super productive. We couldn't be happier and won't hesitate to use them for all of our painting needs.

Description of Work
Painting exterior of house and staining both sides of our fence lining the property.

Work Completed On 07/11/2017

06/23/2017

Michelle R.

Top drawer! We couldn't have asked for a better work product and we are super picky! We had an architect draw up the details of a tricky, tight barn door and they didn't balk, just figured out and executed beautifully. We had several other contractors wrinkle their noses, etc. These folks are the BEST!

Description of Work
Painting, drywall repair, barn door install (super tricky with recessed drywall, etc.)

Work Completed On 01/05/2017

06/06/2017

Andi L.

I could not be happier!!! My house looks brand new, and I owe it all to Hate to Paint. The estimate process was super easy, and it was a great price. They were able to get me on the schedule within a couple of weeks, which was fantastic. The painter did a very thorough job on both areas, and the house never even smelled!! I truly am ecstatic, and it makes coming home even better. Thank you, Hate to Paint!

Description of Work
I needed an accent wall painted in my living room as well as a repaint on my front porch, which was chipping and looked terrible.