Einar Johanson Insulation & Glass

Founded 1957 • With Angi since May 2005

922 N 128th St

Seattle, WA 98133

17 employees. No subcontracting. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Financing available....

05/02/2021

GREY L.

Contacting firm and scheduling were very professional. Informative onsite visit and not a pressured sales job. Very prompt response in providing written estimate, and estimate was very well priced for work requested. We decided we did not want to replace all windows at one time due to overall costs (especially during pandemic) - and asked for an list of estimates for replacing only some windows (still thousands of dollars) on the house; which contractor agreed to do. But, never heard back from them - disappointing, and disrespectful in my opinion.

Description of Work
Window replacement

08/23/2017

Fred H.

Very well. Courteous, informative estimator. Installation team took a lot of caution re: dust and other disturbance. Quality installation. This company had installed other windows for us 25 years ago, so I expected it to go well and it did. We made a last minute change deciding not to cut tile, and the installer suggested I would be due a credit for that change--and made it happen.

Description of Work
Install double pane windows to replace older single pane ones. These were quite large windows, hence the price.

07/20/2017

MARK B.

I called Einar Johanson to obtain a quote in early April. Representative came to the house a few days later and gave me an estimate of $1350 for three window panes. Windows were 66"x42", 29"x18" and 16"x30". He said the windows would be ready within two to three weeks but because of a backlog may not be able to install until July at the earliest. Was not a problem so I went ahead with the purchase. Requested a $300 deposit which I paid. They called in early June to say they had an early opening for two reasons. One, I am not far from the business and two, the job wouldn't take much more than an hour and a half. Scheduled for June 10th at 9:00. They arrived about 8:00 that day and I was not home but someone else was to let them in to install. House is a rambler so access was easy. When I arrived about 9:15 they were just finishing up. Cleaned the new windows and removed old and any excess material. Polite, professional and efficient. The kind of businesses I like to work with. They have done work for me before and I will use them again.

Description of Work
I needed three thermal panes replaced that had been installed 15-20 years ago. The frames were already in place so just the window panes needed to be replaced. The original windows were not installed by Einar Johanson.

06/20/2017

Louis O.

They did a great job, very nice quality work and very clean. I would definitely hire them again. The only issue I had is they're very backlogged so it took some months after getting a quote before the work started. I wasn't in a hurry so it didn't matter too much.

Description of Work
I wanted an upstairs vent removed, the hole enlarged and replaced with a window

Category contractors,replacement windows

06/13/2017

Martha N.

The crew did a great job getting the windows to fit in the not quite squared window frame. Very neat. Competitive quote. Will use again.

Description of Work
Replaced four windows, including three that were 1940s original single panes.

05/03/2017

Jeremy I.

Went great. Promptly got someone out for measurements. at the time they said would take 3-4 weeks for install. We called to schedule several weeks later and the wait was 12+ weeks. I expressed concern about the wait for a single door. They called me the next day and said they would be here to install in 3 weeks. Door is perfect and looks great!

Description of Work
Replace Sliding Glass Door

Category insulation,doors

04/13/2017

Albert I.

Door looks great, Good workmanship and cleanup. Would use them again

Description of Work
Replace sliding glass patio door

04/08/2017

Stephen C.

Excellent work, excellent quality windows, and excellent value! We love our new windows. The install looks very high quality. Repairs were done at our request to correct issues with our house and charges were very fair. These are included in the cost I noted above.

Description of Work
Replaced 12 windows, including very large picture windows, repaired rot, replaced one door with fiberglass full view door.

01/23/2017

Janeen T.

The repairman came right on time, as promised. He laid out floor protection throughout the home to catch any debris or moisture. He meticulously took out the old and installed the new, cleaning as he went. He polished up the windows to where you thought there wasn't even a window in place. It looked flawless! I'm super impressed and will use them in the future to replace more windows when needed. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
We had 4 double paned window inserts replaced due to failed seals which had caused fogged windows.

Category glass repair,replacement windows

03/15/2016

Dina T.

It was wonderful, very professional, and went way beyond what I expected. I got 3 bids last summer to replace my single-pane windows. I chose Einar Johanson because the rep, Doug Tuft, explained things the most clearly, explained why my slider to the balcony barely worked, and had a very good price,about 8% under the other bids. I appreciated how clearly he explained the different options, and when I called/emailed, he got back to me promptly. Because I live in a condo and EJ was not the preferred provider, I had to go through the board of the condo to get permission to use EJ. There was some confusion and misinformation from the manager of the condo, and in the end, after emails back and forth, a staff member of EJ came to a board meeting to explain how they would install the windows. The confusion was cleared up, and in January the work was done. A second measuring was done for the windows, and when they installers came, they were quite professional, very clean, and finished the work in one day! Although I was told I may need to put some touch up paint on the outside walls, I don't think it needs to be done because the installers were so professional. I love my new sliding door and windows, and my condo is much less drafty!

Description of Work
Replaced all the single-pane windows in my condo with double-pane ones: 2 large bedroom windows, a ten-foot slider to my balcony, a smaller vertical window in the living room and a window in the kitchen.

Madrona Insulation

Madrona Insulation seeks to provide home improvement and energy-saving solutions for existing homes in a socially responsible way. Properly insulating your home will conserve energy and lower your heating and cooling costs. It will be quieter and more comfortable. We offer a variety of insulation and weatherization services for Seattle, Tacoma and Bellevue, Washington, in King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties. DBA Madrona Home Services LLC

Offers by Madrona Insulation on Angi
    Croach

Croach is a leader in pest control services specializing in elimination and management of pests including rodents, ants, spiders, termites, roaches, bees, and other stinging, flying, or crawling insects. We build lasting relationships with our customers to keep their homes protected and pest-free. The basis of our success is providing customers with a tailored, long-term pest control and prevention program. We create custom elimination, exclusion, and integrated pest management solutions specific to each customer’s situation. Our rock-solid satisfaction guarantee ensures customers receive retreats between scheduled visits free of charge should a pest problem return. Meet your local licensed and experienced technician and learn how Croach pest control services give you consistent peace of mind.

Offers by Croach on Angi
    CertaPro Painters of Seattle

At CertaPro Painters, our reputation is based on Certainty — your Certainty of a job well done. We focus on the details of every project — interior and exterior — and we focus on you, our client.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Residential window & door replacement.

Old window repair & new construction. No longer doing insulation.