Charter Construction Inc

Founded 1983 • With Angi since July 2007

980 S Harney St

Seattle, WA 98108

Charter Construction is a Seattle-based construction company that specializes in commercial construction, high-end residential construction, emergency response and restoration, and construction defect repair/renovation. Since 1983, Charter Construction has been providing above-and-beyond service to clients and collaborating with partners to deliver even the most ambitious construction, renovation, and restoration projects in the Pacific Northwest....

07/29/2017

Ernest J S.

Charter team members have helped us on more than three dozen jobs over the last 9 years. Some of these jobs were as low as $10,000 and some over a million dollars. Vested employee owners have showed compassion, professionalism and promptness on jobs including large trees falling on homes to water and fire damaged structures. Dependable.

Description of Work
Full scale removal of debris, evaluation for structural integrity, bidding and completing job.

Category drywall,hardwood floor,insulation,remodeling,water damage restoration,replacement windows,stucco,home remodeling

04/13/2016

Nicci J.

Description of Work

Category hardwood floor,insulation,water damage restoration,home remodeling

04/23/2015

jerome K.

Description of Work
Lifted and tied in supports across two floor joists to take the weight of two unsupported posts that held up our ceiling/slash roof in our multilevel mid-century home that had begun to sag into the floor boards. They also re-routed a heating duct because of the work, left the crawl space clean and neat and were very professional/respectful!

Category drywall

07/17/2011

JONATHAN H.

Our home was broken into late at night on a holiday weekend. Our insurance company recommended Charter Construction for emergency board up service. I called their 24-hour number and received a return call promptly from their on-call person. He took our information and dispatched two people who came to the house and screwed a panel of plywood over the window at about 2am. The next morning (a Sunday), one of their people called to make sure the board up was taken care of, and to schedule a visit for repair estimates. The estimator arrived promptly as scheduled after the holiday. The damage was pretty well contained to the broken window, so he recommended Statton Glass to simply replace the panes. To this point, we were very pleased with Charter Construction's responsiveness and professionalism, and appreciative of the emergency service they provided when we needed it. But we were nonetheless surprised when we received the bill for the board-up -- $550. Gulp! When I had asked the estimator what I should expect, he said about $375. I guess emergency service in the middle of the night on a holiday weekend commands quite a price premium.

Description of Work
Charter provided emergency board up service after a break-in. They basically screwed a panel of plywood over the broken window so that it would be secured until a repair could be arranged. The work was done on an emergency basis in the middle of the night on a holiday weekend.

Category replacement windows

03/03/2011

Scott K.

The Charter emergency services crew was excellent and professional. They managed to remove 700 lbs of SileStone without breaking it. They also ground down the remaining tile mastic to bare concrete. In retrospect they should have draped plastic over the cabinets in the immediate area as they ended up full of concrete powder, but they had at least sealed the area off from other rooms. The result, other than the cabinets full of powder, was perfection. The problem I have with this company is that they twice tried to get me to sign an authorization to perform reconstruction services without ever providing a bid or anything in writing regarding the scope of work. Totally unprofessional. That would be like giving an auto mechanic free reign to do anything he wants to you car with no price limit or estimate and no scope of work and you agreeing to pay for it. They traded info with my insurance company but never gave me a copy of their estimate even though I control who does the work and for what price. Even after I made it clear and asked for a bid, I have never received one. I think they wanted to assume they were a shoe-in for the job of rebuilding or that my insurance would somehow just give them the additional work. The very first time I met Tyler, the project manager assigned, I made it clear that I was not rebuilding the the way it had been before and even provided an architectural drawing of the new plan. He told me at the time that they would bid initially to repair to the scope the insurance was willing to do and then he would bid on the work the way I wanted it and yet still tried to get me to sign the authorization to proceed with reconstruction twice. I never got either bid and I know they were willing to do it for less than my insurance company was willing to pay. This makes no sense. Anyway, if you need emergency services, they were great and my insurance paid that bill. Beyond that I don't know because I couldn't get a legitimate bid from them and it just seemed really hinky. I went with Steven R Lewis construction and design services in Redmond instead.

Description of Work
We had a sewage back-up and our insurance company sent Charter's emergency services division to remove kitchen SileStone countertop, cabinets, and tile floor so that Service Master could finish decontaminating and drying the space out. This work was beyond Service Master's abilities (our insurance company sent them first).

Category remodeling,water damage restoration

12/03/2010

Joanne I.

Working with the company was a pleasure. They were professional, on time and completed all they contracted to do and did a beautiful job. When they were done, in the exact time frame they said, you could not tell there has been any damage. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Repaired drywall, baseboard and repainted repairs due to water damage.

Category drywall

05/12/2010

Rebecca R.

He was punctual. I have not made a decision at this time.

Description of Work
He came out to give an estimate. He does not actually do the work I need to have done but he told me about the subcontractor he uses to do stucco work.

Category stucco

07/26/2007

JOHN D.

Everybody on that wall was completely satisfied, it met their expectations. They held to their bid price, which was around $90,000.

Description of Work
The middle portion of our south wall (4 floors) of our condominium. They took it all apart, removed the stucco windows, removed the roof overhang. The completely rebuilt it. The problem was rain water leaking into the building. They put in brand new vinyl windows, new vents, exhausts. Brand new stucco, that matched completely with the old stucco.

Category drywall,remodeling,replacement windows,stucco

Green Attic

We specialize in attic and crawl space rodent exclusion, insulation replacement, and mold remediation. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

J J JEFFERSON & SON INC

We have been in business since 1924. We are a Union shop. We specialize in plaster, stucco, EIFS-- installs, repairs, finishing, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Envirosmart Solution Inc.

Envirosmart Solution Inc. is an insulation, HVAC and Duct cleaning company Located in Renton Washington and service all the puget sound area around Seattle and established in 2004. We are local & family owned and operated business who strive to provide the best service experience for each individual customer from the smallest to the biggest projects. We are offering an energy efficiency and indoor air quality improvement for your house including crawl space and attic clean up, insulation Removal and installation, HVAC services and duct cleaning. We will be glad to serve with all of your needs and will do the best to help you get your project done by YOUR schedule and by your budget. :)

Offers by Envirosmart Solution Inc. on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Commercial construction, high-end residential construction, emergency response and restoration, construction defect repair, renovation