Brennan Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1987 • With Angi since March 2005

BRENNHC795OO

4601 S 134th Pl

Seattle, WA 98168

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Since 1987, Brennan Heating and Air Conditioning has served thousands of customers throughout the Puget Sound. We offer a variety of home comfort products including furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, hydronic heating systems, active air purifiers, and gas water heaters. We have even expanded to offer standalone electrical services in addition to heating and cooling repair and maintenance. Brennan Heating - Comfort You Can Count On....

1903

HVAC Companies (2280)water heaters (255)electrician (54)plumbers (103)lighting (2)

03/18/2022

Hanns A.

Zero stars. The single worst customer experience we’ve ever had. We moved into a new home in the fall and the Brennan installed furnace starting kicking off within a few weeks, in the middle of a cold snap. $350, 3 technicians, 3 months and dozens of unanswered calls and voicemails later, I’ve got a new filter I didn’t need and a furnace that still doesn’t work. The entire winter has gone by, and the problem remains unsolved. By their own techs admission, the unit was never installed correctly. They promised to send someone out, and then crickets for months. Good luck getting a hold of someone. In the end, rather than attempt to remedy the situation, they apologized our home inspection didn’t catch it. I’m sure they are swamped with higher margin business, and are making a cold calculus. You should do the same. Save your money and time and go elsewhere, or set your expectations to zero. This company doesn’t care about its customers.

Description of Work
Furnace kicking off

Work Completed On 03/17/2022

03/04/2022

Mike K.

Spent $14,000 for AC install and new furnace 3 years ago with Brennan. Called to inquire if they would install new coil and they wouldn’t. Had another company install new coil. Called Brennan to inspect and verify coolant pressure/levels and they came out, told me it was low pressure but wouldn’t add coolant because they were concerned I would sue them if the system leaked. They would not perform diagnostics or test the system whatsoever and left. Do not trust your home to this company. They get their money grab from Costco.com orders and leave you in the dust. Edit: Had AAA heating and air out to diagnose what Brennan misdiagnosed, AAA technician was out and quickly realized unit was not configured for heating. Charge was good, outdoor unit was set to AC only and Brennan associate was testing off the wrong connection when they told me it would be several pounds of coolant (several hundred dollars) to get unit running, which would have overcharged the system and possibly damaged the system. AAA found charge was well within acceptable range, found a quick jumper connection which set the unit to cooling only, reversed the jumper and now the system is running like a dream. Shoutout AAA heating and air in Kent area WA. Thanks AAA! Check them out if you’re in South King County area.

Description of Work
Heat pump dis-service

Work Completed On 02/25/2022

10/25/2021

Jim G.

If I could leave 0 stars...I bought an AC through Costco, and Brennan is their primary installer. My installation date was now 3 weeks ago. They showed up that day and worked through the installation. At the end of the day they left without the ~$400 air filter/box installed and with the AC not functioning (the power to it isn't even turned on). The service tech told me on his way out that he thought there was a leak somewhere because he couldn't get the vacuum gauge to the right level. He said he would leave a gauge on the system and someone would be back in a few days to check everything out, and that I would be contacted about the filter installation. As of today it has been 3 weeks...not a single phone call from Brennan!! I have called the salesman who sold me the unit a few times, and exchanged multiple texts with him...he has actually been really responsive and scheduled a time with the installation manager to come out. No one showed up that day and nothing has been scheduled since to actually get the AC operational or the filter installed. I totally understand how busy this company and other companies are right now, and would actually be OK with an extended timeline to get this repaired (likely won't need the AC till next year) :). However, the lack of any customer service is absolutely shocking...I cannot believe that I have not been contacted by anyone just to say 'hey we are trying to figure out a time to get back out there, etc'.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning Installation

Work Completed On 10/04/2021

03/08/2021

Tracie S.

I've wait to post this for some time because Brennan used to be great. They replaced our furnace 8 years ago and fix a lot of hard to reach electric. Their technicians have always been great, and company easy to work with. However, in the last 2 years, things have really changed and not for the better. First, good luck reaching anyone on the phone or getting a call back. And when you do, they're rude. Second, we had them do a routine service in May 2020. It was warm enough that the furnace wasn't in use, and we didn't realize the technician had accidentally broken an element during the cleaning. Something that happens, but was a real problem when the it got really cold in October and the unit wouldn't turn on. After 4 days of calling and leaving messages to get help fixing the furnace, and no call back, I finally had to reach out to another company that came out right away and diagnosed the problem. They ordered the parts and fixed it before we finally got a call back from Brennan. We really wanted them to have an opportunity to diagnose and fix the problem given they were the last ones to touch it. The manager apologized and offered to cover our costs (which was over $700!), but they never did. We gave them one last change with a new addition that we needed new electric, but after several days of leaving messages just to schedule an estimate, we heard nothing. Dead silence to this day. This in addition to having them do maintenance on an air conditioning unit and provide a cover for it. Despite all of the measurements and model/serial number info I provided, they ordered the wrong size (too small!), the Tech offered to reorder and replace, only to have the person who answers the phone deny it. Said it was our fault, but we didn't tell them what to order. I provided all of the info she requested, and I expected they would order the correct cover. I don't know anything about air conditioners, that's why I paid a marked up price through them to get it right. Big mistake. Don't waste your time or money. Go someone where else where they stand behind their work, and care enough to actually call you back and warranty their work. If they won't warranty small things like this, imagine the impact on something larger like a furnace or full duct install.

Description of Work
Furnace Fix and electrical for a new outdoor patio extension

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

02/03/2021

J A.

On January 15, a maintenance individual from Brennan Heating & Air came to our house for our annual heater and air-conditioner service . Prior to his arrival, the furnace had a MERV 16 filter(a hospital grade filter which had been installed the previous year by Brennan), and we had a spare 14 sitting by the side of the unit. After the person left, my wife checked and our spare 14 filter was missing and the 16 had been replaced with an 8. I’ve tried contacting Brennan on several occasions, first to request an itemized breakdown of the work done, and also to report the possible theft. No one from Brennan ever returned my calls, no emails, nothing. It wasn’t until I sent an email to the original salesperson at Brennan, threatening to contact the Washington State Attorney General and Bank of America’s fraud department, that the maintenance manager called me back. At that point, he accused my wife of misreading the filter that had been installed. She is an environmental scientist working in the field and knows the difference between filters. I told him we had a photo of the incorrectly installed filter and forwarded it to him. His response, “If there is an issue that needs to be addressed with my technician I will make it my utmost priority “ didn’t address our concerns at all. I also requested a credit for the 16 filter we had to purchase on our own, to replace the cheaper 8 which had been incorrectly installed, but again have received no response. I've contacted the Washington State Attorney General, and they are pursuing the issue with Brennan.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

12/17/2020

Sharyn E.

It was an excellent service. They are the best.

Description of Work
They do maintenance for me.

Work Completed On 06/02/2020

12/14/2020

andrea B.

I have used this company before, but this time they were poor in the customer service department. Very slow in responding to my questions and when I asked to speak with a manager, I was ignored. In the end, when they came out to finally install the air cleaner, everything worked out well. It took too long to resolve the matter of the install and I got no answers to the needs I had.

Description of Work
installation of a whole house air cleaner

Category electrician

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

08/16/2020

Christine L.

Lisa at the office was very helpful and recommended James as a technician who would most likely be able to diagnose the problem. He came on time, wearing a mask and gloves, diagnosed the problem as worn motors, called and got a quote on the spot and ordered the motors when I agreed to the price. James returned to install the motors within four or five days. It all went smoothly and now my heat pumps run quietly. I was very pleased with the service, especially as no other heating contractors had diagnosed the problem or offered to repair it.

Description of Work
My older mini-split heat pump interior units had developed an annoying whistling noise.

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for your positive feedback and thank you for your business!

08/08/2020

Mrs M.

Excellent. They gave us an early estimate and came in under that. Very pleased with their service. Would definitely re-hire and recommend.

Description of Work
repair exhaust pipe

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

Hello, thank you for your positive feedback and thank you for your business!

07/28/2020

Jonathan H.

We were referred through Brennan through our local Costco. The representative we were working with seemed reasonable enough from the get go. After several weeks of talks regarding what we wanted, various price points, etc we decided to go with a heat pump system as it was more efficient. We visited the in store rep as well and discussed the pros and cons of various systems and she told us she'd ask for a special rate that was offered through Costco for heat pumps at the time. This turned out to be a lie. The in-home rep showed us what was messaged and it was simply "I spoke with so and so today about this system or that system." Unbelievable. The rep then told us that because we opted for this heat pump system it would now take several months past our desired install date (already nearly 60 days outs) to get this job scheduled because A/C jobs are preferable for the business. I can't believe Costco partners with them to be honest. We ended up going to a smaller shop who was able to meet our timetable and price-point, without making us feel like an inconvenience. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Install central A/C heat pump

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

06/05/2020

Kyu Yung K.

They are very good. Very professional.

Description of Work
I bought the system from Costco. They came in and installed the system and they come every 6 months to maintain it.

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

12/26/2019

sunny B.

In one word. AWFUL!!! I postponed the scheduled annual maintenance service appointment. Yet Brennan did the service and changed parts without my permission (our baby sitter opened the door for them) on September 3, 2019. The worse part of it, somehow the furnace didn't work on Sept. 28, 2019 when we first turned on the furnace after their service. We had to hire another company to fix the problem. Brenna Heating is very aggressive in constantly calling you to schedule the annual service. All Brennan Heating care about is their profit, they do not care about their customers!

Description of Work
annual service

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], we're sorry you had a disappointing experience with us. According to our records, the maintenance wasn't postponed. The babysitter had let the technician in to perform the maintenance on the scheduled date. We realized that you wanted to be present during the maintenance, so our receptionist called you several times to try making it right. Our plan was to send a senior technician to your home to redo the maintenance at no charge to you, however, we hadn't received any calls back to be able to get that scheduled for you. We apologize we didn't have the chance to make this right with you.

12/12/2019

Bruce C.

Ductless systems are way more expensive than just replacing an old oil furnace, but I knew that going into it, I just wanted to see if it as reasonable to do a ductless system. I got three bids from ductless-only contractors, Brennan was way more expensive and would not remove the old furnace due to asbestos concerns. Other did not seem to be concerned since there was no asbestos on the ducts or the firebox. Since the install was going to prompt a new electrical panel all contractors were told to bid that as a part of the process. I have no reason to believe that they would not do a great job, they were just expensive. Ryan was prompt and professional, and the bid was on time and professional.

Description of Work
looking for bids to replace an old oil furnace system

Work Completed On 11/26/2019

10/28/2019

Linda H.

It was excellent, they were so nice, they were very professional, very good company from management all the way down to the workers. They cleaned up after themselves, they communicate with us everyday, they were very sweet and i would go to this guys a million times if I have to.

Description of Work
They put in our furnace and air conditioning unit.

Work Completed On 10/28/2018

10/28/2019

Matthew W.

I’m frustrated with Brennan having coupons then refusing to honor for our system. The “more intense” radiant analysis involved their guy holding his hand to pipes to see which ones were hot. Somehow this makes it $100+ more expensive? And it doesn’t say radiant isn’t allowed for the coupon, anyway. We’ve been customers for 6 years despite average service in past because of limited options. Will be looking for someone else for future work

Description of Work
Radiant heat not working

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

10/17/2019

Shamik J.

My water heater stopped working at 6PM on a Saturday evening when I had 10 guests staying over. I called multiple companies with less than helpful responses. However, James from Brennan company called me back within 15 minutes. He talked to me about the problem, accepted pictures I texted him and was very professional and friendly and worked on getting me a technician. Andrew, the technician, was impressive and prompt, very quickly identified the problem. He did not have the part, but reassured me that he would check on it on Monday morning and, if he can get it, he will fix the problem. He called me promptly at 9:05AM on Monday and ordered the part for me and got it fixed quickly within 48 hrs. Exceptionally outstanding service. The emergency call, labor, expedited shipping and the part cost me $1100, but it was worth every penny. I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
Emergency Gas Valve/White Rogers Replacement

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

09/24/2019

willie J.

They always do a great job and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They service my heating system annually.

Work Completed On 02/24/2019

09/16/2019

Terrance H.

Good. They are quality people. Show up on time and do a good.

Description of Work
HVAC Maintenance

Work Completed On 10/16/2018

07/29/2019

Bob P.

Worked with Merceds to schedule the appointment. Tyler and Kalib arrived on schedule. They replaced 10 electrical outlets and left everything clean.

Description of Work
Electrical Outlets Replaced

Category electrician

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

04/08/2019

Michael K.

The customer service was excellent !

Description of Work
check leak in hot water tank

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

01/02/2019

James and Terri B.

The technician (Thomas) arrived on time, and during his 2 and 1/2 hour visit, checked the condition and functionality of the furnace and heat pump and drained and flushed the hot water tank. He was very thorough and professional, letting us know what he was doing (and why) each step of the way. And he made sure that he could apply the 10% Angie's List discount. We will definitely request him next year.

Description of Work
Maintenance check of the furnace, heat pump, and hot water tank.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Work Completed On 01/02/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for your business and thank you for your positive feedback! We're so pleased to hear you had such a great experience with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

01/01/2019

PAT A.

As always, a great job. I appreciated the pre-appointment phone call to advise of the impending arrival of the technician who was a few minutes early. He worked quickly, quietly and with no mess. He was cordial and answered all questions. Brennan installed the furnace some years ago, and has done all the service since then. I could have paid a bit less for someone else to do the job (with some of the advertised specials of other companies at the time, but I prefer to go with a known entity.

Description of Work
Annual furnace cleaning and maintenance

Work Completed On 12/12/2018