AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC.

Founded 1989 • With Angi since May 2007

2922 21ST AVE S

Seattle, WA 98144

GENERAL CONTRACTOR - RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL. RUN ALL PHASES OF PROJECTS. PERFORM ON ALL PHASES OF REMODELING AND CARPENTRY TASKS INCLUDING LAYOUT, FRAMING, CABINETRY, AND FINISH WORK. MANAGE FIELD EMPLOYEES, DRIVE PROJECT SCHEDULES, AND BRING PROJECTS IN ON BUDGET. SCHEDULE SUBCONTRACTORS

05/17/2016

CAROL N.

Robb did a great job. He provided a straightforward, simple estimate at no cost (most other retrofit firms charge for the estimate) maintained great communication throughout, and cleaned up after the project ended. I highly recommend Robb, and would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Earthquake retrofit

Category earthquake retrofitting

11/18/2013

Roseanne L.

The roof damage was not major and less than the deductible of my homeowners insurance. Rob Joyce came out the day after I called, assessed the damage, researched and picked up the needed shingle replacements and installed them all within 2 days. Even though it was a very small job, it's nice to find someone happy to do the work. It's such a pleasure working with Aimee and Rob Joyce.

Description of Work
Rob Joyce repaired the roof. A recent windstorm took several shingles off the roof.

Category remodeling, roofing

12/23/2012

RANDY H.

Robb did a great job, as usual - all work done on time and as requested. We have used his services many times in the past 6 years, everything from complete remodels to 2 bathrooms, building a fence to keep our aging cat safe from coyotes, building a deck, etc. In addition to doing quality work in a timely manner, Robb is also very personable. We think he's great!

Description of Work
Robb replaced a door latch, weather proofed 2 doors, re-caulked our shower, installed a door sweep and 2 grab bars in the bathrooms.

Category drywall, doors

10/03/2012

Roseanne L.

Rob and Aimee were very responsive in providing the estimate, and in coming back to do the work. When the window was install in 2005, the original contractor did not properly seal the cedar trim around the window and it was rotted and black. I was concerned about moisture damage behind the siding. This was a 2nd story window. The demo, carpentry, caulking and painting were all completed in one day. Similar damage happened to another window and, last year, AR Joyce provided an estimate for that work. For a variety of reasons (not related to AR Joyce), I didn't use their services last year. Because of their responsiveness, I'm glad I chose them this year. As you know, a busy contractor is always the best, but hard to reach. Rob is busy, but worked in my small project.

Description of Work
Replace damaged exterior window trim, caulk, paint & remove debris. AR Joyce provide materials. Owner provide paint.

Category contractors, remodeling, replacement windows

05/30/2012

Eric T.

The job was done professionally from start to finish. Robb brought in a very experienced team to frame and drywall the room. They understood all of the code concerns and did the job quickly and professionally. Robb was always punctual, quick to respond to calls or emails, and he was very knowledgeable. He's also a really nice guy. I would work with him again and, in fact, plan to have him come in first to look at a bathroom remodel we are planning next year.

Description of Work
I needed a large room framed, insulated and drywalled in according to city-approved plans and permits.

Category contractors, drywall

02/20/2012

Roseanne L.

The problem was water damage which was evidenced by water logged external wooden trim around a 2nd story window. Without taking the off the trim, it was difficult to determine the cause. As said above, his evaluation of the problem was correct, which I think is significant and shows the extensive degree of this Contractor's experience.

Description of Work
Only an estimate was provided; but, I'm writing this review because it was extremely difficult to choose between the two contractors that provided estimates. I did not choose this contractor based only on proximity to my home. He was prompt in responding to my inquiry, and was on time for the appointment. Now that the repair is completed (by the other Contractor), I know that his assessment of the problem was correct. His price was competitive with the other Contractor. Like I said, it was only proximity that swayed my choice.

Category remodeling

Thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure to meet you and we are glad you have the repair done. Please don't hesitate to call us for another estimate in the future. Sincerely, Robb & Aimee Joyce

11/29/2011

Beth H.

Rob was recommended by our architect (he consulted with her on the overall plans and costing) and did and quot;phase 1and quot; of our re-model from late May to early August of 2011. Rob communicated his progress every step of the way, planned the work well and made consistent progress. He completed the work within 2 weeks of his original estimate - which is amazing because the deck railing company kept him waiting a week past their promised order fulfillment date and the side sewer (which was not part of the original plan but a newly discovered necessity) kept the back yard tied up for a week. We plan to use Robs services again for the next 2 phases of the remodel.

Description of Work
Work included: Demo existing deck Supervise side sewer repair (done by O'Neil plumbing) Move all the plants in my neighbor's newly planted garden to accomidate the side sewer work and then replace them all once the work was done - not a single plant died in the process and this was done during a dry spell. Remove existing back door at yard level and put in new back door at main floor level on our brick house - Rob re-used the bricks from the wall where the new door is to patch where the old door was, and you can't tell there was ever a door there before. Built a magnificent new (significantly larger) deck with trex and beautiful metal railing. Fixed rotted stoop from dining room french doors to deck

Category decks, remodeling, doors

Members Thank you so much for the kind words! We are glad that you chose us and you are happy with the work!! We look forward to working with you again in the future.

11/02/2011

RANDY H.

Rob was recommended to us by a friend of our son, and I'm very happy that we found him! He is wonderful. The quality of his work is excellent, and he's incredibly reliable and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Rob has done work for us over the past five years. His work has included installing a deck and porch, and remodeling two bathrooms.

Category decks, home remodeling

Members Thank you so much for choosing us to work on your home!! You have been a pleasure to work for! Aimee and Robb

01/06/2009

Penny S.

I discovered my old home had much deferred maintenance after moving in last year. I obtained bids from three firms in the area and choose AR Joyce Remodel because of the open communication style of the owner, He spent quite some time looking at the jobs to be done and provided detailed bid estimates for the work I wanted done. The tear off and replacement of the roof was the largest, potentially most disruptive project and needed excellent planning because my home would be exposed to the weather if caught unprepared. Mr Joyce, Robb, had tarps and viscreen ready in case rain occurred, however they were unnecessary. He had the roof torn off, old insulation and rotted wood removed very quickly and a new gabled roof constructed and sheeted before a single rain drop came. He kept at the job until all was "battened down" and safe to leave for the day. He never left me with questions or concerns regarding any of the work he did during this past summer and fall. His carpentry skills are outstanding. His overall skill level is extraordinarily high and he kept on schedule during the entire project...or I should say projects. He's very good at multi-tasking so he sees the "big picture" and arranges the tasks accordingly keeping everything moving forward. I never once had a concern about any of the projects I contracted with him to do. Communications were always timely and concise. He was always on schedule because if something unplanned/unseen came up he contacted me immediately and discussed options to keep within budget and schedule. He always had more than one way to go at a problem which allowed me to adjust my schedule or change a planned task to either stay on target or set a new time frame/target. Definitely a company that keeps projects mostly stress free for the homeowner. I now have a warm, dry home and a garden area ready for planting next spring. I was widowed a year ago and was concerned that I might not be able to arrange to get all this work accomplished on my own . AR Joyce Remodel Inc came along at just the right time. I had helped my husband over the past 30 years with home remodels so was not unprepared to evaluate bids and people. However, I must say, this experience with Joyce Remodel has been extraordinarily good. I am very happy with the experience and with the quality of his workmanship. I would not hesitate to recommend his services. Sorry I can't send pictures. I'm on dialup.

Description of Work
1. The existing roof on my home was opened up and old insulation removed as well as rotted wood. Then existing eaves and surface removed and a new gable roof, including new scissor trusses, was built to replace old roof. The entire roof area was insulated with R-30 fiberglass batts. Then finished with 30 year composition shingles. 2. Replaced all gutters and downspouts. 3. Replaced all windows with new vinyl thermopane (Milgard) windows and finished both exterior and interior trim on all windows. 4. Rebuilt porches and rear deck, replaced steps and railings. 5. Painted entire home including porch, deck and all trim. 6. Installed rain barrels. Attached barrels to the new downspouts. He buried overflow drain pipes leading away from home to garden areas using crushed rock, newspaper in the trench to create a drain field. 7. Landscaped yard, leveled rear yard area and placed landscape cloth over the entire rear yard and covered that with 6" to 8" of Emu compost/topsoil. He pruned all shrubs and removed and transplanted some. To finish off, he created paths around the house with chipped rock. 8. Lastly, he installed a new side entry door and trimmed both interior and exterior surround.

Category decks, gutter cleaning, insulation, landscaping, replacement windows, home builders, house painters, doors

IT WAS AIMEE AND MY PLEASURE TO WORK FOR YOU AND GET TO KNOW YOU. I ENJOYED THE FERRY RIDES EACH DAY AS WELL. PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CALL FOR ANY REASON. TAKE CARE, ROBB JOYCE A.R.JOYCE REMODEL, INC.

05/14/2007

DAWN G.

When he came to pick up his check, I wasn't there. Since he was a friend, I assumed he would just pick up the check and leave. I returned home to find that he had kicked holes in the bottom of the wall and the marble tile in front of the fireplace was cracked and broken. When I called to have new carpet installed, they informed me that AR Joyce did not install a 2x4 near the corner of the wall to start it, and they did not install a 2x4 on the bottom of the wall to anchor the rest of the 2x4s. There are just 2x4's hanging in the middle that are not connected to anything. They are also too far apart and are not up to code. The electric outlets are just hanging there not connected to anything. Their work is not up to fire code and I have to have another company come in to fix the improperly done work.

Description of Work
I hired them to repair my home after a strong storm. I hired them because I knew them. Another company came in and took out the bottom part of the walls that were damaged in the flood and they did a wonderful job. AR Joyce was supposed to repair the damage and add an additional wall. They gave me an estimate of $6000. Later they called me and told me that I would have to pay an additional $5000 to repair one of the walls. The same day, they gave me an estimate of $40,000 to repair my roof because they said they had to replace the gutters and that the chimney was broken. I told them that was too much and that I no longer wanted them to do the work. When I got another bid from another company and they gave me a bid of $10,000 and that included gutters. I told AR Joyce that I would pay them their $6000 and that would be the end of it.

Category remodeling

THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO THE REPORT GIVEN BY THE MEMBER ABOVE. WE HAVE KNOWN THE MEMBER FOR SEVERAL YEARS EVER SINCE OUR NOW HIGH SCHOOL AGE KIDS WERE IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TOGETHER. WE WOULD LIKE EXPLAIN OUR WORK HISTORY AND EMPHASIZE THAT WE HAD NO PART IN THE VANDALISM THAT OCCURRED TO HER PROPERTY. IN EARLY 2002 A R JOYCE WAS FIRST HIRED BY THE MEMBER TO FRAME IN A BEDROOM AND CLOSET IN A PARTIALLY FINISHED BASEMENT. THE MEMBER AGAIN HIRED A R JOYCE IN OCTOBER OF 2002 TO REMOVE AN EXISTING EXTERIOR BASEMENT DOOR AND REPLACE IT WITH A NEW MORE SECURE DOOR, HARDWARE AND TRIM. THE JOB WAS COMPLETED IN LESS THAN A DAY. THE MEMBER WAS PLEASED WITH THE WORK AND HAPPILY PAID US. THEN IN MAY OF 2004 A R JOYCE WAS HIRED AGAIN TO REMODEL AN EXISTING BASEMENT BATHROOM AND LAUNDRY. WE PERFORMED AS A GENERAL CONTRACTOR DOING ALL OF THE WORK EXCEPT FOR THE PLUMBING AND ELECTRICAL. THOSE ITEMS WERE DONE BY OUR VERY SKILLED AND PROFESSIONAL SUB-CONTRACTORS. WE DESIGNED AND BUILT THE BATHROOM ACCORDING TO HER SPECIFICATIONS AND IT WAS DONE IN A CLEAN, PROFESSIONAL AND TIMELY MANNER. WE LEFT HER HAPPY ONCE AGAIN. IN OCTOBER OF 2005 THE MEMBER HIRED A R JOYCE TO FRAME A NEW CLOSET UNDER HER BASEMENT STAIRS. AS PART OF THIS WORK WE ALSO INSTALLED A CEILING LIGHT, RUBBER STAIR TREADS ON THE STAIRS AND REINSTALLED AN EXISTING RAILING. SHE WAS VERY PLEASED WITH ALL OF THE WORK AND PAID US UPON COMPLETION. IN FEBRUARY OF 2007 THE MEMBER HIRED US FOR SOME REPAIRS AFTER A RAIN STORM HAD BACKED UP THE SEWER AND FLOODED HER BASEMENT. WE WERE HIRED TO RE-INSULATE AND DRYWALL THE BOTTOM 4 FEET OF EFFECTED WALLS, REPLACE BASE AND DOOR CASINGS, REINSTALL A MEDICINE CABINET, TOILET, WASHER/DRYER AND PRIME AND PAINT ALL WALLS IN SCOPE OF WORK. WE WERE ALSO ASKED TO INSTALL TWO NEW FRAMED, INSULATED WALLS OVER THE EXISTING SOUTH AND WEST CONCRETE BASEMENT WALLS AND DO SOME SURFACE REPAIRS TO AN EXISTING WALL. WE ALSO DID SOME WORK ON THE MAIN FLOOR OF THE HOME. WHILE FINISHING UP THIS PHASE OF WORK, THE MEMBER REQUESTED THAT WE GET AN ESTIMATE FOR A NEW ROOF AND GUTTERS THAT WERE DAMAGED IN THE STORM. SHE WANTED THIS ESTIMATE FOR HER INSURANCE COMPANY AND NEEDED IT BY THE FOLLOWING DAY. I CALLED SEVERAL OF MY ROOFING SUBCONTRACTORS AND THE ONLY ONE ABLE TO RESPOND BY THE FOLLOWING DAY WAS A VERY REPUTABLE LOCAL ROOFING CONTRACTOR WIDELY USED IN SEATTLE. THE ESTIMATOR CAME OUT AND SPENT AN HOUR LOOKING OVER HER ROOF AND GUTTERS. HE AGREED THAT THE ROOF AND GUTTERS NEEDED TO BE REPLACED. HE ALSO NOTED THAT THE CHIMNEY WAS QUITE CRACKED AND THE CHIMNEY FLASHING WAS FAILING. I TOOK THIS INFORMATION TO THE MEMBER AND SHE ASKED FOR AN ESTIMATE OF ALL THE WORK. ON FEBRUARY 26, 2007 I GAVE THE MEMBER AN ESTIMATE FOR THE FOLLOWING. TEAR OFF THE EXISTING ROOFING(3 LAYERS) AND GUTTERS PLUS DISPOSAL, INSTALL NEW ½” ROOF SHEATHING OVER THE EXISTING SKIP SHEATHING, INSTALL NEW 30 YEAR ARCHITECTURAL ROOFING, NEW GUTTERS AND DOWN SPOUTS AND REBUILD AND FLASH THE EXISTING CHIMNEY FROM THE ROOF LINE UP. WITH OUR STANDARD MARK UP AND WASHINGTON STATE SALES TAX THE ESTIMATE #45 DATED 2/26/07 IN THE AMOUNT OF $29,511.78 (NOT $40,000.00). UPON RECEIVING THIS ESTIMATE THE MEMBER BECAME VERY DEFENSIVE. WE TOLD HER THAT WE THOUGHT THIS ESTIMATE WAS PROBABLY ON THE HIGH SIDE AND WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO GET A FEW MORE ESTIMATES. AT THIS POINT SHE CUT OFF COMMUNICATION AND HAS NOT SPOKEN WITH US SINCE. SHE DID PAY US THE FINAL DEPOSIT ON THE WORK COMPLETED IN THE BASEMENT. ALL WORK DONE IN THE MEMBERS HOME WAS DONE PER CODE, ALL OF THE ELECTRICAL OUTLETS AND COVER PLATES WERE INSTALLED AND THE BASEMENT WAS LEFT WITH EVERYTHING COMPLETED EXCEPT FOR THE CARPET. WE EVEN CALLED HER CARPET INSTALLER AND ARRANGED TO MEET HIM AT THE HOUSE FOR MEASURING. WE WERE VERY HURT AND SHOCKED BY THE ACCUSATION OF VANDALISM AND HAVE NEVER DAMAGED PROPERTY. VANDALISM IS A VERY SERIOUS CHARGE, NOT TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. WE KNEW NOTHING OF THIS ACCUSATION UNTIL WE DISCOVERED THE ABOVE REPORT THE OTHER DAY ON ANGIE’S LIST. WE ARE A SMALL FAMILY OWNED, HIGH QUALITY REMODELING COMPANY AND WE TAKE A GREAT DEAL OF PRIDE IN OUR WORK AND THE MANNER IN WHICH WE RUN OUR BUSINESS. AIMEE AND I ARE BOTH SAD THAT WE HAVE LOST A GOOD CUSTOMER AND MOST OF ALL A FRIEND. WE HAVE HAD HUNDREDS OF HAPPY CUSTOMERS AND MANY REPEAT CUSTOMERS IN THE PAST 20 YEARS AND ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO MANY MORE IN THE FUTURE. SINCERELY, AIMEE AND ROBB JOYCE A. R. JOYCE REMODEL, INC. OFFICE 1-206-355-8502 FIELD 1-206 313-1233

Queen Anne Painting

For more than 40 years, Queen Anne Painting & Carpentry has earned its exceptional reputation by providing quality services. Whether your new project involves interior painting, exterior painting or carpentry, we can help you achieve beautiful results, on schedule and within budget.

Baker Siding Pros

Welcome to Baker Siding Pros We are your LP siding replacement specialist and we use exceptional replacement products by James Hardie® Building Products. In addition, we also provide siding replacement using high quality tight-knot cedar and clear cedar if you prefer a traditional wood siding over composite and if you want to keep your project clean and simple we provide a high quality vinyl siding as well. Choose to use Baker Siding Pros for your siding needs and you will discover what so many others have. We are the type of company that earns your trust every step of the way. We want you to continue to do business with us. Your satisfaction is our # 1 goal! If you need to replace siding, replace shingles or would like to enhance the appearance of your home with custom woodwork and painting, we can provide everything you need at an unbeatable price. Whether it's a repair, or full re-side we have you covered 100% of the way. Serving the PUGET SOUND AREA for over 13 years!

Sound Seismic LLC

Sound Seismic, established in 1999, is a FEMA certified earthquake retrofitting specialist, dedicated to using proven materials and construction practices to help protect our clients' homes from earthquake damage. We pride ourselves in having the best trained and most experienced retrofit crew in the greater Seattle area.

ASK FOR DETAILS

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC.

How is AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. overall rated?

AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. open?

AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. is open:

What payment options does AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. provide

AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. offer free estimates?

Yes, AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. offers free project estimates.

Does AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. offer a senior discount?

No, AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. does not offer a senior discount.

Does AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. offer emergency services?

Yes, AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC.?

Yes, AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. offers warranties.

What services does AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. offer?

AR JOYCE REMODEL, INC. offers the following services: WHOLE HOUSE REMODELS, RESIDENTIAL REMODEL AND RESTORATION, HOUSE BOAT REMODEL, KITCHEN AND BATHROOM REMODELS, ADDITIONS, ALL PHASES OF RESIDENTIAL AND LIGHT COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION, EARTHQUAKE RETROFITTING, DECKS AND FENCES.