Anchor Blinds

Founded 2007 • With Angi since October 2009

10115 Greenwood Ave N #300

Seattle, WA 98133

Anchor Blinds Company is a Shop-at-Home custom window treatments specialist located in Seattle, WA, and serving the Greater Seattle area. We provide clients with an exclusive mobile shopping experience of bringing the showroom to your own home. We carry a wide array of brand name custom blinds, shades, and shutters for Seattle, WA, such as Hunter Douglas, Graber, Alta Window Fashions, Norman Shutters, and more. We also carry the Hunter Douglas Alustra collection. We specialize in presenting creative, practical, and smart design solutions for your windows but do not do any blind repairs, parts supply, or other related services other than on the window treatments we have installed. We are licensed, bonded, and insured. Please call Anchor Blinds Company today for more information or to schedule an in-home consultation. We are open on Saturdays by appointment only....

11/05/2020

Jan G.

They were a pleasure to work with, from initial email contact/conversations, selection/consultation, to installation. Their COVID19 protocols were spot on. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
blinds throughout my apartment

Category skylights

08/22/2020

Linda T.

My experience with Anchor Blinds was excellent in all aspects. Because of COVID we talked several times by phone and I looked at sample window coverings on-line. I was able to measure my windows to get a good estimate prior to their visit when the restrictions were lifted in Phase 2. Armi came to my house on time (with mask and sanitizer) and did final measurements for the blinds and we reviewed options for motorizing the larger windows, and individual shades for the patio doors. We discussed materials, colors, and styles again to be sure of my choices. It took approximately 3 weeks for the window coverings to arrive at which time I was notified and able to schedule their installers for the very next week. Again they arrived on time with masks and sanitizer and had them installed within a couple of hours. They were very good at being sure I knew how to operate the different styles and told me if I had any questions to call and they would be happy to come back if necessary. The blinds are beautiful! The service was excellent! The staff is wonderful to work with, extremely knowledgeable, and it was a great experience. I highly recommend Anchor Blinds!

Description of Work
New Blinds

Category skylights, window treatments

06/22/2019

Jonathan W.

Used Anchor twice, once for main floor and again after upstairs remodel was done. The "in-house shopping" process is very convenient especially when it comes to getting colors right, Armi had great advice and knowledge of all the different products, and their installer did a great job. Nice to have the process handled from start to finish.

Description of Work
Window coverings

05/31/2019

margaret H.

Anchor Blinds did a superb job. From the initial survey and estimate to the final installation, everyone we dealt with at Anchor Blinds was supremely competent, exceptionally professional, and the very epitome of customer friendly.

Description of Work
We needed 16 sunshade blinds for our living room, dining room and kitchen. They gave us expert advice on the best materials and options for our installation.

05/24/2019

Frances C.

We have used the company twice now. The first time, they helped us select blinds depending on what we needed the blinds for and the color of the rooms. The second time, we knew what we wanted and just had them install the same ones. The installations were quick and professional. They took care to keep the area clean. Even when they got the wrong type of blinds accidentally from the manufacturer, they took ownership for the mistake and got the correct blinds and installed it quickly.

Description of Work
Buy and install blinds

12/21/2018

Jessica L.

Anchor Blinds was amazing to work with! We needed blinds for our entire house with lots of big windows. The first meeting with Armi was great. She measured all the windows, gave us great advice and a quote on the spot. When I had questions later on she was very responsive and thorough. The installer Wyman was equally great. He was really kind and did a perfect job installing them. He even inspected each one for us and noticed a flaw in one that he promptly sent back to the manufacturer. He ended up coming to our house several times over a month or so and was so nice each time. We just completed a large remodel at our house and Anchor Blinds was by far the best contractor to work with and best customer service experience out of everyone! I would work with them and recommend them in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Install blinds

09/06/2017

Jennifer B.

Armi has a beautiful sense of design, and also makes sure her products are quality. We originally got blinds from her 8 years ago, and they are the only blinds we've had that held up. She's a joy to work with.

Description of Work
Replacing several blinds that haven't been working

06/18/2017

Dennis P.

Was very pleased with every aspect of service provided.

Description of Work
Sliding glass door treatment in bedroom to deck.

06/24/2016

Mary T.

I am more than pleased with the care and service I received from Anchor Blinds. First, Armi knows her stuff! She asked all the right questions, measured everything twice, and gave great spot-on advice and options that met my needs. Installation was superb, and I am thrilled with the result. Looking forward to working with them again for more rooms! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Custom skylight blind

01/04/2016

Noah G.

Awesome company, very responsive and helpful. Armi came out with samples and explained/priced all of our options. She was extremely knowledgeable, personable and easy to work with. Wyman was a great installer, punctual and easy to talk to as well. We had an imperfection in our largest blind when it came from the manufacturer. It wasn't noticeable until after install under certain lights but a big enough deal that it would have annoyed me given how pricey the blind was. They came back out and got us setup with a new blind quickly. Amazing customer service. I will definitely use them for all future window treatments.

Description of Work
Custom Hunter Douglas motorized blinds for our main floor.

01/03/2016

Laura F.

I'm very happy with my shades. They look great and work well. The design process was easy and smooth. Armi knows the Hunter Douglas products very well and presented the options clearly. She was in a bit of a rush when she came to work with me, as she had other customers to visit. However, she worked with good attention to detail and professionalism. I'm very satisfied with what she designed for us and how the end product looks. The installer was capable and efficient. He did a nice job installing all of the shades. However, he was also patronizing, and I was really irritated with him by the time he left. He insisted that I spend considerable time, in his presence, practicing with the shades so that I knew how to work them properly. Being mechanically minded and literate (if I had experienced any trouble with the blinds, I am happy to read instruction manuals), I found this really annoying. Also, the sound of the blinds repeatedly raising and lowering (plus the installer's detailed lecture on how they work) woke my napping son. I can only assume that other customers have difficulty learning how the top-down, bottom-up shades work, causing the installer to feel that this level of instruction was necessary. They are not that complex though. My husband and I have had no difficulty with them. If we need more window coverings in the future, I will probably contact Anchor again. I may just ask if a different installer is available... or I may opt to be at work and have my husband meet with the installer next time.

Description of Work
They designed and installed cellular shades for two rooms in my house. The shades for one room were blackout shades. All of the shades were Hunter Douglas top-down, bottom-up.

12/10/2015

Therese R.

Armi arrived as scheduled on time. We discussed the needs for each window. She measured each window then worked through each window's design criteria and made suggestions about which product would meet my needs. We looked at samples of each product and she made excellent suggestions to help me decide on colors and features. The order was placed and several weeks later the install was scheduled by the installer. He arrived on time and was courteous, clean and fast. He patiently trained me on using the cord pulls, mechanisms etc. Couldn?t be happier!

Description of Work
Custom order and install for six window treatments (Price includes sales tax) Five windows Hunter Douglas Duette Architella and one window Hunter Douglas Silhouette.

11/17/2015

Patricia R.

What a difference working with Anchor Blinds. The initial consultation was easy and fun. The mind boggling choice were quickly narrowed down to a few and then Anchor was really helpful picking color. They made the decision easy as to whom to choose for the job for my home. Thank you. The installation was also as quick and high quality as the initial consult.

Description of Work
New blinds for a new house!

09/14/2015

Lauren E.

Excellent service, amazing product. We had Anchor Blinds do black out shades in our nursery and loved them. When we bought a new home, we called Armi to come in and do the whole house. Well worth the cost, the quality is amazing and we are so happy with the final product.

Description of Work
Helped design window coverings for our whole house and then installed.

11/01/2014

LESLEY Y.

Armi and Wyman were great to work with. They are both efficient and professional. We were in desperate need of new window treatments, but are planning to sell our house within a couple of years so I wanted to keep the treatments simple and classic. Armi was able to provide us with practical solutions and we couldn't be happier. I plan on using Anchor Blinds again and I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Installed window treatments for 8 windows in our house.

10/31/2014

Susan A.

I called Armi for an estimate and she arrived right on time. She mentioned our neighbors had recently purchased Roman Shades from her. I later spoke with my neighbor who had only great comments to say about them. Armi was very helpful and knowledgeable about her products. She really helped me to figure out what I really needed and didn't need. We purchased Hunter Douglas Honeycomb Duet blinds. I was pleased that thei blinds arrived early in 2 weeks. Wyman came to do the installation. He made the process very smooth, fast and worked efficiently. He also was very happy to answer any questions about using the blinds. He spent a lot of time making sure I was opening and closing the blinds correctly so that they will last longer. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I would highly recommend Anchor Blinds. We were very happy with their service, products and professionalism. We recently moved into a new condo and needed window coverings for 11 windows which also included two sets of French doors.

10/22/2014

Art M.

Armi and her colleague were great! Armi showed us many options and was very helpful in describing each products's features. The window treatments were also delivered sooner than expected, and installed with great attention to detail. They are committed to getting things right - strong customer service orientation and high quality products. We are very happy with the results and strongly recommend Anchor Blinds to everyone.

Description of Work
Measured, ordered, and installed treatments for 21 windows.

10/13/2014

Peter R.

The Anchor Blinds team was a complete pleasure to work with, from our initial in-home consultation with Armi through the thoroughly professional installation process just three weeks later. We ended up with beautiful Hunter Douglas blinds that were perfectly suited to each area of the house, from wood blinds in the kitchen to motorized remote-controlled Nantucket blinds in our inaccessible upper landings. As we are contemplating window replacement down the line, we were particularly impressed at the Anchor Blinds offer to remove and reinstall the blinds before and after any such work, in order to protect our investment.

Description of Work
Installed Nantucket and wood blinds throughout the house.

06/21/2014

Tushaar S.

Armi (design) and Wyman(installation) are a rockstar team. Armi kept us on track throughout the design process not letting us stray too far into unfeasible/wild ideas. The design/estimate/ordering and installation process was very focused. They promptly responded to one defective blind issue discovered during installation and dealt with Hunter Douglas. We had about 15 windows done and will upgrade some pre-existing blinds in a year or so. Price was comparable to other companies offering us similar product. They had a discount that brought in the overall price exactly on budget. Wyman also patiently walked us through on the dos and don'ts of using the ultraglide system which was new to us.

Description of Work
Design, estimate, order and install honeycomb and roman shades.

06/16/2014

Bradley S.

They were a joy to work with. Every time we met - they were on time - from the initial consult to the installation. Selection of blinds, colors, and style can be complex and overwhelming. Armi and her colleague led us through it with graciousness and efficiency. She really understands this business and mentioned things to use we would never have thought about. During the measurement process, Armi walked us through the options while her colleague did the measuring - saving time for all. I highly recommend Anchor. It was about as simple as I could have hoped.

Description of Work
Anchor installed blinds throughout our house in every windows.

05/19/2014

Elizabeth C.

An excellent experience! I wanted some roller shades in my condo. Armi came over with lots of samples and her laptop. She spent a lot of time with me going over all the options (and there are a lot of options!) I really appreciated her input and she showed me pros and cons of some of the choices I was considering. In the end I picked a beautiful textured roller shade and decided to just do my bedroom for now. But when I saw how beautiful it was after it was installed, I went ahead and ordered shades for the rest of the windows. I can't wait for them to be installed! The installer was a super nice, friendly guy and he quickly installed my shade in about 20 minutes. I got an estimate from another blind company and they were not nearly as helpful and even though their estimate was $100.00 cheaper, I went with Anchor because of the great experience I had with them. I would definitely recommend Anchor Blinds!

Description of Work
Installed a roller shade.

03/01/2014

Donna G.

Beautiful! From the very exact laser measurements that didn't require moving everything around to the early arrival and very professional installation I was so pleased. Installer left things cleaner than when he arrived, vacuuming up every last bit of drill "dust" and made sure I knew how to operate the shades and blinds correctly. They offer great customer support and follow-up. I really like patronizing local small businesses and this one is definitely worthy of reference and repeat business.

Description of Work
Measured for, produced and installed custom 2" blinds throughout main floor of house as well as black-out shades on French doors.

10/14/2013

June H.

Anchor Blinds was flexible in scheduling the intial meeting and the installation. The design consultant came to the house and meticulousy measured the windows. She provided excellent advice about the type of windiow treatment that would work well in our 90 year old house with its leaded glass windows and still reflect our desire for a contemporary look. She provided valuable suggestions regarding color and style and was responsive to our likes and dislikes. Installation of the products occurred exactly when it was promised. The installer was very professional and personable. He performed the installation quickly and flawlessly and provided useful tips about taking care of the products. He cleaned up during and after the installation and removed the old blinds, which we no longer wanted. The products are high ticket and worth every penny. The whole experience was stress free from start to finish and we are thrilled with the beautiful result.

Description of Work
Provided blinds and shades for living room and dining room.

10/08/2013

Priscilla L.

The blinds that Armi helped us choose for our two-bedroom condo are all wonderful. We chose Graber Shades. With many odd-sized windows, she measured carefully and helped us get the best shades for each area of our home. Our custom order arrived exactly when she said it would, their installer got all our shades up quickly, and we are very happy with them. We have two large, 6 X 6 ft. windows. The shade cords on those large window blinds had a few problems so we called Armi a few months after the installation. She sent out their installer, and after looking at the problem, ordered new shades, and installed them as soon as they arrived. We were very impressed and would certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a company that cares about the customer and sells a very good product.

Description of Work
After looking at several retail stores for shades, we contacted Anchor Blinds. Armi, their design consultant, came to our condo and brought creativity, professionalism, and knowledge of her product that was most impressive. She listened to our needs and suggested several approaches. We knew that Anchor Blinds would be a good fit for our needs.

07/08/2013

KEITH R.

Armi has a great eye and is full of ideas and suggestions for any tricky window shapes. She and the install team were extremely professional and we would definitely use them again in the future!

Description of Work
Specified, produced and installed roller shades in our home.

Category window treatments

Thank you, [member name removed] for your kind review, much appreciated! Hope all is well.

Washington Energy Services

Washington Energy Services has been helping homeowners throughout Western Washington save money and live more comfortably since 1957. As one of the largest home improvement companies in the Seattle-Tacoma area, we are able to provide you with top quality products and services, installed by our professional craftsmen. Our free in-home estimates ensure you get the right product for your home. We'll be with you through all aspects of your project-from the purchase decision, expert installation, quality maintenance and service and even warranty work should you need it. We assist with permits and rebates, too. Give Washington Energy Services a call today to learn more or to schedule your service.

Window-Ology

In business since 1993, Windowology is a full service shop at home interior window treatment provider in the Pacific Northwest. We are dedicated to providing beautiful yet functional window treatments that will highlight the best qualities of any room in your home or office while maintaining privacy and safety. Speaking of safety, we offer several lifting systems that are specifically designed for families with young children and furry friends. As a locally owned business here in the greater Puget Sound, happy customers are our lifeline. Yes, we absolutely do free design consultations. We also remove and disposal of the old window coverings, install your new window treatments, and provide service after the sale. If you ever have a problem with any window treatment you purchase from us, give us a call. We’re here to help. We are Hal and Char Ryerson, living right here in Auburn Washington. Give us call. We’d love to meet you and talk about your project. Better Business Bureau Member with A+ Rating.

Belle Maison Interior Design

With over 20 years of interior design experience, Belle Maison brings a keen awareness of what it takes to create timeless designs using texture, color, lighting, textiles, and interior finishes. We have the passion and ability to transform your home into a welcoming and comfortable environment. Please note we do not do window treatment repair, only consultations and installations of new window treatments. We are Owner-operated. Uses subs for remodeling. Charges by the hour. Travel charges may apply. No service fees. May contact by email. Extra charge for 24 hour emergency service.

Offers by Belle Maison Interior Design on Angi
    American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Check, Financing Available

We carry a wide array of custom window covering solutions such as wood blinds, honeycomb shades, roman and roller shades, woven woods, window shadings, vertical sheers, shutters, specialty shapes, skylights, draperies, and automation by brands like Hunter Douglas, Alta Window Fashions, Comfortex, Graber, Timber, and Norman Shutters. We also offer the Hunter Douglas Alustra Collection.

Repairs. Blind cleaning. Parts supply. Install only.