C T Building Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since March 2012

6040 188 Ave SW

Rochester, WA 98579

C.T.Building is a family owned business offering individualized and thoughtful solutions for those wanting to more fully enjoy their home....

08/23/2017

Nancy R.

I would call him in the future if the work was in his area. Great customer service.

Description of Work
I had an initial phone call with Chris who was helpful & responsive. Unfortunately I did not notice he was out of my location. He took the time on the call to give me detailed information on the work and materials needed even though he was out of my area. This assisted me in continuing my search for a contractor. He was not able to provide a referral in my area, but did provide helpful information.

Category chimney repair, woodworking

10/20/2016

Jenny E.

Mr Terry was very professional. He showed up when he said he would, gave a complete quote, and did a very nice job replacing the trim that had rotted. We will hire him again if we have another project in mind.

Description of Work
We needed some rotted trim on our house replaced.

Category contractors

11/25/2015

Daryl Y.

Excellent! Chris is a busy guy for good reason, he does great work. This is the second time (after wind storms) he's done this for me. I'll call him with all my projects!

Description of Work
Installed new fence posts, ran horizontal two-by-fours between. I put the actual fencing in myself.

Category fencing, woodworking

08/22/2015

Pamela B.

I was disapointed and had to haul in some rock to fill in spaces, replace the latches. I asked him to use some leftover shingles I had but forgot that too. Since he was a neighbor at the time I asked for a bid to replace windows in my home (his specialty at the time) his bid came back the highest of 3 so I did not hire him for that. He was angry and rude after that. I tried to talk to him about one other repair to my garage, but he said "you can't afford me". I am glad he moved away from my neighborhood.

Description of Work
I asked Chris to build a half shelter against the house. He did not write anything down, forgot the measurements and did not install the concrete pad as requested. The charge ended up higher than quoted as well. The shed was not built properly, studs installed sideways, doors do not stay closed due to tiny latches used.

Category concrete repair, handyman service, roofing, replacement windows

The job was in 2008 not 2012. The job total was actually $2100.00. The estimate had the measurements on it. Accuracy and integrity are important in the review process. If someone is dissatisfied with a small shed job why ask for a window quote which is a much larger project?????

08/12/2015

Jennifer E.

Fantastic response. The only provider I contacted that showed up on time for the quote AND provided the bid to me not only when he said he would but early. Once we finalized everything, he was out very quickly to finish the job and it was a phenomenal job at that. Couldn't be happier, we knew the trim would need to be replaced but weren't sure exactly how many windows and whether the sheathing would need to be replaced. His flexibility, quality of work, responsiveness, and quality is unmatched. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replaced exterior trim around three windows, replaced rotted sheathing behind windows, and then repainted all areas.

Category replacement windows, woodworking

08/07/2015

SARAH S.

I'm very happy with CT Building's service, and recommend them without reservation. I got estimates from at least 5 different contractors to replace my two sets of French doors, and the bids ranged from $150 to $1800 for the labor to install each set. I had talked to Chris early in the process, and he was straightforward and offered to answer any questions I might have while getting other estimates. He didn't try to influence or pressure me, and it was clear he was concerned about my needs. He understood my budget concerns and was willing to install the doors I bought at the big box store, at a fair, competitive rate. He let me know of several things that could go wrong, but on the day, it all went very smoothly. He and Darrell arrived promptly and got right to work. I could see they knew what they were doing and had a lot of experience. They worked together cheerfully and well. The work went swiftly and smoothly, and they cleaned up the work areas so well that it looked better than when they arrived. I recognize integrity when I see it, and CT Building has it.

Description of Work
CT Building replaced two sets of French doors for me.

Category woodworking, doors

07/27/2015

James F.

He worked one day for nine hours. At the end of the day I asked if he was coming back tomorrow and he said he had "obligations" and wouldn't be back for two weeks. I don't believe I should pay him the $450 he says I owe. He left two black indentations in my brand new walls, insulation and dust on my kitchen table. He left and returned from the hardware store with several items, but did not tell me all of what he purchased only saying the rest of the items were in the van and he spent the entire $100 I gave him.

Description of Work
Install dishwasher, replace counter top and install shelving, cabinetry and sink

Category remodeling

Members receive a disservice when reviews are written without honesty and integrity.

05/27/2015

LISA W.

CHRIS WAS THE ONLY ONE TO CONTACT ME FOR THE JOB.HE WAS PUNCTUAL AND HELPED ALOT WITH THE LITTLE PROJECTS WE HAD. WE ALSO TALKED ABOUT MORE WORK IN THE FUTURE

Category handyman service

03/05/2015

Susan L.

Chris is very professional. His prices are very fair. Because he does quality work do not expect to get less than what you pay for and he completely backs his work. Every meeting and appointment for work was met on time-complete punctuality! All work done professionally and in a professional manner. Will work with you on customer supplied items in case you want to save money on materials. Chris takes the time to explain unknowns and is honest about various approaches possible to best meet your budget. I will use Chris for all future home projects.

Description of Work
Reinforced support under very old house, fixed dry rot behind shower, installed new walls to shower area, tiled, improved plumbing to shower, adjusted cabinet next to work as wall encroached with new work. Installed new front door.

Category contractors, woodworking, doors

12/20/2014

Daryl Y.

Excellent! Very flexible, did exactly what I asked him to do. Fair price, no muss, no fuss.

Description of Work
Replaced fence damaged by recent wind storm

Category handyman service

09/15/2014

Janice P.

Chris assessed the area after a gutter overflow issue that had been ongoing for several years. Moisture entered the home through the windows that are a part of the bay window area. The siding, trim and windows had to be replaced. The interior window sill and woodwork as well as the sheet rock were damaged and had to be matched and replaced. When the area was opened up Carpenter Ants were discovered and more work had to be done to complete the repair. The damage from the carpenter ants was not anticipated and so the additional work and materials were added on. Chris handled every detail. He matched the molding and trim, paint, sheet rock texture, everything perfectly. The windows had to be custom ordered. He kept everything neat and tidy at the work site, picking up at the end of each day. Once he found the task would take much longer than the two days estimated, he fit the job into his schedule until all was completed. He is very knowledgeable, honest, and meticulous. Incredible craftsman work. He will leave the site better than it was originally and all of the repairs will prevent the issue arising in the future. I appreciate Chris' advice and input with other contractors that may be required to complete the job.

Description of Work
Rebuilt an area at the front of the home with a bay window. The exterior and interior required replacement/restoration.

08/07/2014

Marlys T.

Chris completed the job in one day with one assistant. He had to cut the old windows out; had to trim the flanges from the new windows because of how they had to fit into the old openings; when he got to the last window, he found moisture ants; I scheduled the following work day to remove the siding and assess the damage. The new windows are nice and solidly installed. Chris and his assistant did their cleanup; they were thorough and professional and they are really great to work with. I sold the house, but if I were staying in the area, I would definitely use Chris again for all construction-type work.

Description of Work
Removed 5 old metal frame windows from 1979 mobile home and installed 5 new vinyl windows; removed and reinstalled siding around last window.

Category contractors, siding, replacement windows

06/05/2014

James E.

We purchased our home in 2008 and over the next several years it was noted that the chimney was an and quot;additionand quot; to the bonus room that was poorly constructed and attached to the main structure. It began pulling away over time and was now at risk of leaking water. Chris came by to inspect the chimney within 1 day of my contacting him and provided a fair estimate of what work would be needed to bring it up to standards (reframe/rebuild the entire structure, undercut the current 4and quot; concrete slab and add an additional 24and quot; of concrete) and how long it would take. After agreeing he promptly began work that afternoon and completed the job in 5 days. The quality of the construction was excellent and he was always prompt and efficient in his work.

Description of Work
Rebuild chimney chaise.

Category contractors, concrete repair, chimney repair

12/10/2013

Mark G.

Chris did a great job replacing, repairing and caulking everything. They had to do custom cuts for the sill work. Everything was custom and professionally done. With old houses you need to find creative carpenters. These guys were great at that. Chris also brought in a journeyman plasterer and brought the interior walls back to their original status. The windows are now tighter than a republican at a homeless shelter. Great Job guys.

Description of Work
After a huge rainstorm and a bad install on some new windows we purchased two years ago, we hired CT Builders to find and repair some interior leaking problems. We have an 80 year old stucco house with lathe and plaster. They took out the windows and found some dry rot on the lower casings and into some studs. They went the extra mile to repair the exterior stucco and created a newer channel flashing to divert the water into the gutter off the porch roof above the windows.

Category drywall, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking

11/18/2013

Peggy M.

I originally contacted Chris to replace several windows in two rehabs. His bid was reasonable, but then rot was discovered at one of the sites. He did the repair, but we had not discussed the cost, and it was much more expensive than expected. Fair, considering the amount of work done, but we should have decided on the approximate cost ahead of time. I will consider using him again only after establishing a detailed scope of work and cost.

Description of Work
Replaced a window and repaired rotten surrounding structure

Category replacement windows

09/26/2013

Melanie P.

Chris called me a day or two after the job was performed to see if I was happy with the work. I am, and I will not hesitate to call him in the future for additional work. I appreciated the follow up call; the prompt response to my initial inquiry; the good work, and the cost.

Description of Work
Reattached crawlspace entrance to house. It was several inches from the house. We are trying to close up all access to critters. I called Chris, he came out almost immediately. The work was done Right then and there. When reattached, you could see how far the metal thingy/entrance has fallen back from the house.

07/17/2013

Ellen B.

Ultimately, we went with another contractor as their cost was quite a bit lower. However, we would not hesitate to call Chris in the future.

Description of Work
Provided timely estimate of bathroom repair costs from water damage and was thorough in explaining needed repair work. He was very professional and returned phone calls promptly.The water damage was due to improper installation of the shower pan and has been slowly leaking since our house was built in late 2005. Bathroom essentially was a full remodel - replacement of shower tile, subflooring, vinyl and baseboards,

07/15/2013

Lucius D.

It went excellent, He was professional and a true master craftsman. I would consider him immediately for any other home services my wife comes up with. :)

Description of Work
Shower dry wall repair and regular drywall repair.

Category drywall

07/05/2013

Marie S.

My experience overall went perfect. He worked very hard. He is very reasonable I would highly recommend him to others.

Description of Work
C T came to my home to replace the wood around the garage door.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

06/22/2013

Patricia B.

The owner was punctual, professional, respectful and expert. His estimate of the cost of the project and completion time was precisely on target. The workers arrived on schedule and worked quietly and efficiently the entire work day.The completed fence .was a work of art. This is the second project which C T Building has completed for me and I am certain it will not be the last. I couldnt be more pleased.

Description of Work
Installed a 130 foot cedar fence along the back yard

Category fencing, woodworking

04/28/2013

Anne H.

He did a quick job for us on woodpecker damage--a true lifesaver there. I will call Chris in the future for any other work needs that come along.

Description of Work
Chris is great. Anytime I need something done, he comes right out and helps. He made a new crawlspace cover that is wonderful. The first job he did for us was involved winterization and a repainting of the siding on the back of our house. We did have a challenge with linking up at first, but once we did, he inspected the job and gave a very reasonable quote that included a time estimate. The price for the work was within the estimate and the time was right on. Chris had a very nice worker working with him also. Overall it was a great stress free experience.

03/15/2013

Kathy C.

He was able to schedule the work promptly (within two days of my call) and arrived on time to start the work. He discussed the installation of the range hood with me before beginning work. There was no damage done to any of the surrounding cabinets or appliances and he kept me involved when he ran into one issue regarding the size. (Old house with different measurements than standard new hoods.) He advised me that there would be slight gaps and asked if I wanted anything done about those (clean-up work or repair). It was just a matter of some paint so I took care of it myself. It was very courteous and professional to ask rather than just to do the work and consult or inform later. He completed the job on time. I mentioned a couple of minor repairs that I had not included in our original talk. They were small, including replacing a bulb in a motion detector too high for any ladders I owned, so he agreed to go ahead. He did not add to the initial estimate. Admittedly the repairs only took about 15 minutes, but this is another example of how responsive and professional he is. He was very courteous during and after the work and he asked for exactly the amount he had quoted and that we had agreed upon. The cost was reasonable for the work. This installation, while seemingly simple, did involve some electrical work and connection to existing vents. He had also made clear that the quote was based on a simple installation and there could be additional costs if he ran into any serious glitches such as electrical malfunctions or wiring issues, or venting issues. So right up front I knew the cost, and what could change the original estimate. And what was great to me, as I have had bad experiences galore, is that he cleaned up after he was done and left the kitchen area as clean as when he arrived. Would that all people would do the same.

Description of Work
Range Hood Installation. Included some minor electrical work. The work was completed within the timeframes estimated. The quality of the installation was excellent. May sound easy to install, but it was heavy and had to be hooked up to electrical and to vents. Some minor household repairs such as working on an outside motion light. Got the job done and cleaned up. Great work and would recommend again to anyone.

Category electrician, handyman service, woodworking

12/28/2012

Marjorie K.

I am pleased with the work that was done. It has rained since Chris finished the job and the window hasn't leaked. He sent a detailed email to the builder explaining what the problem was and what he did. I have already recommended him to a friend that needs some similar work done on her house.

Description of Work
The window in the downstairs bathroom was leaking when it rained. Chris reinstalled the window (which was improperly installed)and replaced the damaged siding. He also replaced the interior frame around the window. The job took about 3 days. He suspects that there might be an issue with the window above it and is helping me to resolve this issue with the builder (the house is only 7 years old).

Category replacement windows, woodworking

12/04/2012

Cathy W.

I contact CT Building Inc. on the phone several weeks ago to get a quote for installation of kitchen cabinets, mosaic title back splash, and the removal of the existing counter top prior to the installation of solid surface counter tops in my kitchen. When I spoke to Chris he wanted to stop by my house immediately and look at the job to give me a quote but unfortunately I was at work and couldn't meet him. I told him this and he said that was OK and that he would contact me later in the evening and arrange a time. Well I didn't hear from Chris later that evening and in fact I didn't hear from it at all after that. After getting quotes from two other contractors I decided to give Chris the benefit of the doubt and contacted him about a quote last week. Due to his schedule and my work schedule we were never able to meet up and get a quote for the work, so I had to hire a different contractor for my kitchen upgrade. It's unfortunate we weren't able to meet up, because I would have liked to see what his bid for my job would have been.

Description of Work
No services were performed. Was unable to get in contact and then find a time to meet to get a quote for my project.

07/18/2012

Gail R.

Chris completed the work in a professional manner. This was a great first experience and I will call him again to work other handyman projects. Called Chris when house painters discovered wood damage after power washing. I needed repairs right away. Chris came out that evening to assess the situation and determine required materials. He worked me into his schedule the following day. Chris did an excellent job making the repairs to the brick molding and rebuilding a section of the porch railing so that the painting was not held up. His final charges were reasonable and did not exceed his estimate. The house painters told me later that they had requested his card as they were also impressed by the quality of his carpentry repairs.

Description of Work
1- Replaced water damaged brick molding around exterior door. 2- Repaired water damaged porch railing. Removed railing section, disassembled, repaired bottom railing and pickets with new wood, reassembled, and securely reinstalled railing section into the complete porch railing.

Category handyman service, woodworking