1st Appliance Repair

Founded 2008 • With Angi since July 2010

208 S 7th Ave

Ridgefield, WA 98642

For major appliance repairs in Portland, call 1st Appliance Repair. Barry has over 25 years of experience as professional appliance repairmen. When you need refrigerator repair, dryer repair, or other appliance repair services, Barry is the owner. The Owner is Your Repairman!

10/02/2017

Catherine J P.

Talked to Barry and he told me he thought it was ice build up on the fan and gave me two things to try, telling the first was easy but probably wouldn't work and the second one more involved but should solve the problem. He was right on - turned the refrigerator off, left the doors open for a couple of hours, turned it back on and it works perfectly. Great diagnostic service over the phone for no charge. I will call him for my large appliance needs.

Description of Work
Refrigerator was making horrible noise and then just stopped. I was advised by one repairman to replace the refrigerator.

08/13/2017

Derek C.

Barry was quick, efficient, and was a more than reasonable price to Change out a part and for his emergency call. Didn't lose any frozen goods

Description of Work
Freezer wasn't working

07/01/2017

Josh C.

I called Barry on the Saturday morning of the July 4th weekend and he was able to schedule an appointment in the afternoon. He explained his simple and fair pricing structure, showed up on time and quickly diagnosed our problem. Unfortunately, it was a bad compressor which meant that it wasn't worth repairing but rather was time to get a new refrigerator. Barry was a very friendly guy, and offered some suggestions for buying a new refrigerator, which models hold up well, which don't, that sort of thing. Should we have any problems with appliances in the future, we'll definitely be calling Barry again.

Description of Work
Our old refrigerator that cam with our house finally died on a Friday afternoon.

09/04/2016

James W.

Description of Work
on time, excellent rates excellent review of refrigerator problems

06/02/2016

Lisa F.

Description of Work
Refilled coolant in old refrigerator.

06/03/2014

chris S.

Our refrigerator was not cooling, so we called Barry and gave him all the details. He came out within two hours of the phone call and diagnosed the problem. To make matters even better Barry had the part in his truck so he was able to diagnose and fix the problem within an hour. I'd recommend Barry and his services to anyone, he's honest, nice and genuinely cares about his customers.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

05/25/2014

Suzanne L.

Our refrigerator stopped working on a Saturday afternoon of a three-day weekend; we called around and couldn't get anyone to come out until Tuesday so we headed to the store for some ice. Barry then called us - was very, very nice and said he could be at our house in 30 minutes. He was! He fixed the problem and had our refrigerator running by the time he left (at 6:00-ish on a Saturday night!). We were very, very happy both with his professionalism and his kindness in working so late on a Saturday night. We will definitely call on Barry again if ANY of our appliances break down and can highly recommend him to any and all.

Description of Work
Fixed our refrigerator

02/07/2013

Lisa S.

Barry replaced the blower in my 1990 dryer. He had the parts on the truck and had the job done in 20 minutes. I have used him, before and he is always on time and knows what to do. The work is done right the first time and at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Dryer Repair

08/02/2012

MARY K E.

My dryer stopped heating up on Saturday. I left a message on their voice mail on Sunday and received a call early Monday morning. Barry was to my house a little after 10am and was done in an hour. He took the time to explain their charges and the problem with my dryer and even told me how to fix my refrigerator door, since he didn't have the part with him. Simple and done. I will definitely use again!

Description of Work
My dryer was working but not heating. Barry checked all the possible things that would cause this and replaced two thermostats. He then cleaned out the back and checked to make sure it was working properly. He tested the heat without being hooked up to the vent, then tested it with the vent hooked up. He found our problem was caused by the vent being blocked due to something falling on the vent hose, causing it to overheat. He installed a new apparatus for venting since mine was smashed and all is well.

07/25/2012

Lisa S.

I recommend him without reservations. We determined the cause of the squeakiness was a pipe rubbing against the dryer frame and we corrected it with a small shim of wood. The dryer is perfect now. His manner was very forthright and honest. I never felt like he was trying to sell services that were not necessary in this situation. He charged a $79 service fee and $20 for the new belt, which I gladly paid.

Description of Work
Barry came out same day to service our 20+ year dryer that was making loud squeaky sounds. I called him in the morning and he came out by 1 p.m. He opened the dryer, removed all the components, inspected them, cleaned out the inside, and replaced the drum drive belt.

01/17/2012

Anne J.

It went well. They came out and analyzed the problem, ordered the parts, and returned a few days later to do the repair. The washer is running better than ever.

Description of Work
We had our Maytag washer repaired. It needed new seals.

05/30/2011

John M.

The service was great. The tech opened the machine, found a disconnected hose, reconnected it, cleaned up and left. He charged only the minimum for a service call, and was very quick, friendly and professional. I will definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Repaired Whirlpool washer that leaked.