Appliance Service Station

Founded 1947 • With Angi since April 2005

125 Airport Way

Renton, WA 98057

Additional Phone number: 425-455-3749 - Eastside, 425-337-2148- Snohomish County, 206-824-3180 - South King County, Statewide Toll free 888-SUB-Wolf Appliance Service Station has been servicing major household appliances in the Puget Sound market since 1947. We spend a great deal of time and energy staying up to date on all the latest advances. Our technicians are all factory-trained and licensed by the State of Washington Department of Labor and Industries as (07D) specialty electricians. We specialize in top quality, high end appliances including: • Refrigerators • Freezers • Ranges & ovens • Washers & dryers • Dishwashers Brands we work on: - Miele - Bertazonni - Asko - DCS - Bosch - Scotsman - Dacor - Zephyr - Sub-Zero - Viking - Wolf - Thermador - Fisher & Paykel - Gaggenau We offer factory authorized service for the brands we represent. In addition we guarantee our workmanship for one year from the date of repair, well beyond the industry standard of 30 - 90 days. Our guarantee We guarantee our workmanship for one year from the date of repair. This is well beyond the industry standard of 30 - 90 days. Factory authorized We are Factory Authorized service for the brands we represent. Trained, professional technicians Our technicians receive regular training from our manufacturers as well as service bulletins and they have phone access to factory technical assistance when needed. Licensed 07D technicians wanted (see qualifications) Service with care Our technicians take every precaution to make sure your appliance and your home are treated with care and respect. Employees All persons with Appliance Service Station are actual company employees, not private contractors or temporary help. Parts We use only original factory parts in all repairs, never cheaper after-market parts. These parts usually carry a one year manufacturer warranty. Our trucks are stocked with as many parts as will fit. Our goal is to complete your repair in just one trip. Signature polish We are frequently asked what we recommend for polishing and conditioning stainless steel. We have found Signature Professional Polish to be an excellent product. It is recommended by Sub-Zero and Wolf. We ship this product all over the country! Orders can be placed on our website....

09/11/2018

KATHLEEN L.

Best possible outcome. Company was able to schedule a great technician in a reasonable amount of time, when Thermador itself had scheduled an appointment 4 weeks out and then called to say their technician had quit and gave me several local references. Luckily, when they told me about the initial appointment delay, I had called Appliance Service Station (I have been a customer for several years previous to this) and they were able to give me an appointment in a week. The technician was professional and thorough, and explained in detail what the repair would entail and the associated cost. And, he apologized when the factory part he brought turned out to be defective. He efficiently cleaned up and told me I'd be contacted again about when the part would be in, and he would be the technician coming back. And, that all happened in a week. The repair was expensive, but then the cooktop was expensive to begin with, and we assumed the parts would be similarly priced. The technician spent all the time needed to do a great job, and answer all our questions.

Description of Work
Repair a Thermador Induction Cooktop

Category appliance repair

We appreciate your business and taking the time to review us.

01/09/2018

Tom C.

I will absolutely call Appliance Service Station again if I am ever in need of appliance repair. From scheduling the repair to the repair itself, they were professional, organized, and competent. Glenn was the service professional who completed the repair, and his integrity and experience shined through. Thank you for a job well done.

Description of Work
My Bosch dishwasher had been recalled due to an electrical component safety issue, and Appliance Service Station was one of the companies retained by Bosch to complete the repair.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for the kind words and taking the time to write the review.

01/01/2018

Kelley P.

they replaced the element, they had to order the part, but were prompt, neat, and fixed the oven. I'm very happy.

Description of Work
My Miele Oven stopped heating

Category appliance repair

Thank you for the review. We appreciate it.

11/21/2017

Penny A.

They list a phone number for Snohomish County (that is disconnected) but will not service Snohomish County.

Description of Work
Broken dryer.

11/06/2017

Larry J.

Great people and I will call them again for any appliance repair I might need. That said this is how it went. Remember these people are all trained professionals and are really very competent. This is just an example of when things go bad...they go bad. I rated 'Responsiveness' as Excellent even though I couldn't get an appointment for 2 weeks from the time I called because after the first service call and stilll had the problem they were dedicated to fixing it. Advised to monitor the gas smell and if it persisted to call. When I did they were here the next day. It did however take 3 techs and 6 visits to resolve the problem. The first call the tech didn't have a working leak detector. After he fixed the burner (yea) and replaced the ignitor the only gas oder was presumed to be residual. Later it was present. Next day another tech thinks he found the culprit and replaces that valve. Unfortunately it wasn't the one causing rhe problem. Next call he has a working detector and the bad valve is the one they say NEVER goes bad. The tech does his best to plumb in the new valve, thought he had it because no leak was detected. Hr packs up and we have to go out for awhile and when we return a strong gas odor hits you as soon as you open the door. Call again, turn the stove's gas supply off and break out the electric skillet again. Tech says have to order parts. He overnights them, gets them installed the next day and now I can cook again! It took a while but they didn't quit trying and finally got it fixed. And they didn't charge for the valve that was replaced that didn't fix anything or any of the multiple service calls and were pretty apologetic about the time it took.

Description of Work
Oven not lighting, one burner under performing, gas smell in oven and around oven door.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for the kind words, and taking the time to review us. Glad we finally got that oven working!

10/24/2017

Robert G.

Because the Bosch was producing no error codes, some trial and error was required for my repair and more than 1 visit was required. They successfully resolved the problem and my machine is now working again.

Description of Work
Bosch Dishwasher repair - 3 year old machine. Would stop working about 45 minutes into cycle.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for the review, and glad to hear we resolved the issue.

02/17/2017

Andrew R.

The service tech came out and assessed the issue, and gave an estimate for repair. He was very helpful, and also gave very good suggestions on some appliances that we're also having issues with, but that his company does not service. He called his company to get recommendations for that brand. I appreciated the extra effort he made. The amount we paid for the service is counted towards the repair, if we decide to go ahead.

Description of Work
We had a broken Fisher and Paykel dishwasher.

12/05/2016

Laura M.

Great very nice honest man I would highly recommend him

Description of Work
My oven would not turn off

12/29/2015

Janine P.

Oven stopped working (baking) just before Thanksgiving. We called a few providers that were recommended both here and on the manufacturer's site and decided to use Appliance Service Station - mainly because they could come the quickest. Carl came out and was very professional. He replaced the door hinges which were very bent / in really bad shape and tried a few fixes for the oven. We spent about 1K for these fixes + hinges (note that it's an expensive oven.) Ultimately, though, the oven was still not working properly and Carl came back right away after we called again. He spent quite a bit of time debugging to determine that someone had installed an incorrect clock in the oven years ago and it was causing some strange issues. Once replaced (free of charge for the second visit), the oven works amazingly. It is an order of magnitude faster to preheat than it even was before. Carl also fixed our ice maker while waiting for the oven to heat / test, as I mentioned it had also broke and he had the part on hand. It works great now as well. We were very pleased with Carl's professionalism and he even took the time to talk about what he was doing to my very interested and very chatty four year old. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Fixed oven - had stopped working - and replaced the clock and door hinges. Also fixed the ice maker on our fridge because we mentioned it broke and he happened to have the right part in his truck.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for the taking the time to review us, the kind words, and we glad to hear the oven and the ice maker are up and running.

11/17/2015

David H.

Thermador gave me three appliance service companies to call. Appliance Service Station was the most professional. I made the appointment then later got a call from them that they would be unable to obtain the part needed. They then told me how to make an appointment with Bosch factory service, which is the same company as Thermador, since they'd have the part. Unfortunately it is a long wait for the appointment with Bosch. Anyhow, Appliance Service Station was very proactive in helping me even though it did not result in a service trip for them.

Description of Work
Put me in contact with the service rep who could obtain parts.

10/28/2015

Robert E.

Gave them a B rating because they were professional on the phone.

Description of Work
The appliance that needed to be fixed was a GE gas range. They do not work on GE brand appliances.

09/18/2015

DESIRAY B.

Technician was punctual, in fact called to say he could arrive earlier if that was convenient. Professional, efficient, courteous. Clear about costs and time. I forgot to ask for my Angie's List senior discount, so called the billing office the next day. I was given the discount without any problem. Before I agreed to the repair, I asked about life expectancy of the refige and any other usual repairs needed during that time. He gave me that information and also the expected cost of replacing with a similar appliance.

Description of Work
My subzero refrigerator had formed an ice ball on the back wall. After doing some checks, the technician said it was a coolant leak. He gave me an estimate of costs and time needed. He replaced the evaporator, drier , cold control and access valve and checked the system at the end to assure no leaks.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

07/15/2015

Fernando V.

Friendly, professional, and efficient.

Description of Work
Fixed vent system of a gas range.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for the review.

04/04/2015

Rick G.

The Dacor double oven was making clicking noises and ultimately stopped working, giving us only error codes. We looked them up on the internet as well as called the manufacturer to discern the problem first. They told us it was a cooling fan ($230) and a relay board (~$480) that needed to be replaced. Appliance Service Station came out about a week after we called them (their tech had just gone on vacation) to do their diagnosis and came to the same conclusion on their own. They ordered the parts and returned a week later. The had a wrong part (incorrect part number), so had to return a week later with the correct parts. They found that they did not have to replace the cooling fan, so that saved us a few hundred dollars, which we appreciated very much. The call the day before they arrived and gave us a one-hour time arrival window, and they did arrive during that time. The technician had everything he needed to do the work, and was very competent and professional. Obviously we would have liked to get the job done more quickly, but we do understand that vacations are important. We don't know where the part number error happened in the chain of things. I know we did convey it correctly on the phone when we called because it was repeated a few times using code words like "echo" for E, and it was repeated back that way as well. The extra week to get the correct part is the sole reason for the below-average responsiveness rating. In general they answered the phone very quickly and were very responsive in their normal communications. The price rating is a "B" because, well, appliance techs are just expensive. Would I use them again? Yes, for Dacor I would. When I called Dacor they gave me the company's name as a premier service technician, and I think they delivered on their ability to do the work well.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and replaced a relay board in a Dacor double oven.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for the positive and honest feedback. When the service order was written we unfortunately did transpose two letters on your model number, which lead to the error of having the wrong parts on the initial trip, I do apologize for any inconvenience this might of caused. We are always striving to complete repairs on the first trip whenever possible. Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

03/20/2015

Seth C.

My 8-year-old Bosch double oven has been showing two error codes on the lower oven. I called the company to have a tech come and see what was going on. I was able to get an appointment fairly quickly and Tony arrived right on time. He checked the operation of both ovens (pre-heating, temperature measurement, etc.) and figured out that the two error codes were due to either a failed relay board or temperature sensor. Unfortunately, Bosch didn't make those parts anymore and Tony said he could not get them, but if I could find them online he would come back and replace them. I was able to find the parts online and made an appointment for Tony to come back a week later. It took him 30 min to pull out the oven, replace the parts, and for us to figure out that fixed the problem! Even though he had to visit twice, I was only charged the generic "site visit fee" once, and just the cost of labor when he returned. I was pleased with their work and so happy that my oven(s) work again. I would definitely call them again.

Description of Work
First visit: diagnosed two error codes related to a temp sensor on a Bosch electric double wall oven Second visit: replaced failed parts (relay board and temperature sensor) on oven

Category appliance repair

Thank you for the positive review. I am sorry we couldn't track down the parts through our vendors but, I am glad you found them.

02/17/2015

Melanie R.

Not only was Tony prompt and efficient, he gave us loads of advice about how better to prevent this from happening in the future. Although the price seemed high, I don't really have anything to compare it to and we are so happy to have this problem fixed. One thing to know is that it took about 2 weeks to schedule a service call. I would recommend these folks without hesitation.

Description of Work
Replace the rubber gasket in our front loading washer which had a build up of mold.

Category appliance repair

Thank you choosing us and the kind words, and we do apologize for the long wait time for service. We are in the process of training new technicians, hopefully we will be able to respond quicker if you need our services again in the future.

12/24/2014

Nancy L.

Our 2 drawer 12+ year-old Fisher-Paykel dishwasher just started leaking from the bottom drawer. Appliance Service Station was able to schedule an appointment within two days. Glenn demonstrated how the motor was failing to seal the lower unit, causing the leak. He explained that this is a frequent problem after 10 years. He predicted that the upper unit motor would fail within a few months, and that the repair of both motors would exceed the cost of many new dishwashers. He gave us some suggestions for new dishwashers based on his experience with frequency of repairs. We've used this company several times and have always been completely satisfied with the quality and professionalism of their work. We very strongly recommend Appliance Service Station!

Description of Work
Glenn inspected our leaking dishwasher, determined the cause, and advised us NOT to repair the unit. Note: Appliance Service Station does NOT sell new appliances.

08/12/2014

Kathryn E.

There was a hinge flipped back that wasn't holding the door. Once he flipped the piece of plastic forward, it worked fine. I think their pricing is a little high but they're very nice and very professional.

Description of Work
They fixed our drawer dishwasher.

08/10/2014

Diane A.

It turned out to be a lid from something got wedged where it shouldn't have. He removed it quickly and only charged for the service.

Description of Work
Dishwasher wouldn't unlock/open. The service tech fixed it quickly!

06/17/2014

Carolyn C.

The technician was prompt and professional. He noticed my clean floors and took off his shoes to avoid tracking in any dirt. In addition to repairing the drawer, he advised me of a warranty repair item that was available for my refrigerator at no cost to me, and provided the Viking contact information so I could arrange the warranty repair.

Description of Work
Provided parts and repaired the bottom freezer drawer of my Viking refrigerator, which was broken and would not open or close correctly.

06/05/2014

Rod P.

On the initial call to Appliance Service Station, we were informed that there would be a charge to show up in addition to any parts and labor that would be needed to diagnose and repair the dishwasher. The date was scheduled for early the next week, which was fine with us. Sam showed up on time and immediately got to work. I explained the problem and what steps I had already done to troubleshoot the issue. Sam couldn?t find any specific thing wrong but did blow out the drain line from the dishwasher to the garbage disposal. Since he needed to pull out the dishwasher to inspect it, he untangled some tubing behind it give us more room to loop the drain line prior between the dishwasher and the garbage disposal. Sam then put the dishwasher back in place and subsequent tests showed that the dishwasher drained properly. Sam then said the he wouldn?t charge us labor, and there were no parts needed. The bill came up to $175 + tax. Sam also warrantied his work for one year should we have another drainage problem that isn?t an obvious fix (drain clogged, hose clogged, etc.) The only negative with using Appliance Service Station was the initial fee / charging. Sam was professional, prompt, efficient and pleasant to work with. I would recommend Appliance Service Station in the future, with the caveat that they are probably not the cheapest, but they do good work.

Description of Work
Fixed a dishwasher that wouldn't drain properly.

06/03/2014

Richard A.

They answered their phone all 3 times I called them very professionally. They were helpful and when I thought I might have fixed it myself the technician Sam asked me questions over the phone to verify what I had done. He told me that it might be working now but ultimately would fail again most likely - he was right because it failed 30 minutes later. I decided not to mess with it further, called back Appliance SS and asked if Sam could still make it that day. They kept the original appointment to my surprise and delight and Sam showed up to take care of it. Sam was smart and careful, also entertaining to chat with while he fixed the problem. I cannot fault the price, it was an expensive part that required removing the dishwasher to install - Even if I did all the work myself I would expect to have had to pay at least $330 for the part + tax. I guess when you buy an expensive dishwasher you get expensive repair bills as well. In any event, that is the manufacturer's problem (and now mine). At least I now know a great place for repairs in the future. Anyway, I was very pleased with the company and especially with Sam - it is nice to have someone personable doing the work.

Description of Work
My Miele 2472 dishwasher started failing because of the water intake, apparently the part commonly fails. The provided and replaced the part.

04/15/2014

Hugh C.

Very good service. It was fast and he didn't even charge us for labor - just for the visit.

Description of Work
Fixed the igniters on our stove

03/29/2014

Karen N.

With these older Thermodore ovens I expected the worse, but was pleasantly surprised. The technician felt that I should continue to use the ovens as long as they work but that they are so old that the ability to repair them may be a problem. I loved his advice and would definitely use them in the future. I got the company's name from Almvigs and the referral was good for me.

Description of Work
Scott, the technician, measured the temperature of both ovens and found the lower on within the allowances expected. The upper oven was just above the allowance, but he recommended that I get an oven thermometer and use the oven a few times to see how it bakes/roasts.

03/28/2014

Andrew F.

Over the phone, I was quoted a price for evaluation- $125 for evalulation. Actual price was more because an additional "fuel/material" fee was added without phone disclosure-unprofessional for sure! Actual evaluation was ok-technician seemed knowledgeable and was pleasant. After he left, I found a small mound of debris in the gutter that appeared to be the contents of his shop vac. I will be looking for alternative service in the future.

Description of Work
evaluated dishwasher for leak problem

Category appliance repair

In response to Mr. [member name removed] review, Appliance Service Station has apologized. After speaking with the technician that was at his home he did state that the water that he removed from Mr. [member name removed] dishwasher he did pour out at the streets drain gutter and that there may have been a little debris from the customers unit. It is our policy to ask the customer where we could dispose of the contents. With this said we do apologize for our actions and any inconvenience this caused Mr. [member name removed].