Sound Renovation, Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since August 2008

16541 Redmond Way Ste #284

Redmond, WA 98052

We are a full service construction company with well-trained staff carpenters and painters. We focus on remodeling and additions as well as interior and exterior painting. We have a strong group of specialty contractors we work closely with for trades like electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.....

12/30/2020

Marjorie R.

David's team did a great job of a kitchen remodel for us. On time. On budget. Very careful about COVID precautions. Really good about communicating with everyone. Sound Renovation have done several jobs for us over the past 15 years, and we've always been happy. (Basement remodel, painting, deck repair/replacement.) They also completed an exterior paint job on the house this fall. Another good experience.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, including replacing old floor with hardwood and blending in with existing hardwood. Removed a wall and now you really can't tell where the old wall was.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, pressure washing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

06/15/2020

Michael C.

Reply to my quote request and communications was prompt. Contractor was able to quickly fit this small repair between other jobs. I really appreciated this, given that in my area most contractors just aren't taking new work yet. Cross beam had to be jacked back to level, pier added and post replaced. Great supervision & work, done in a few hours. Will reach out to them for future work.

Description of Work
Replacement of a porch roof support post

Category decks, home builders

02/02/2020

Laura M.

I cannot provide enough positive feedback about Todd Sanders and his team at Sound Renovation. After experiencing a dishwasher leak and partial kitchen demo last May, we had a lengthy ordeal coming to a settlement with our insurance company. Once the insurance settlement was received in September and we were ready to start our kitchen renovation, I contacted Todd to discuss our job and request a quote. I found Todd through his many positive reviews on Angie’s List and other sites. I also checked him out on the BBB and the Department of Labor & Industries. It’s rare to find a contractor without a single negative review. Over the course of the summer, I had done a lot of research on cabinets, granite, tile, fixtures etc. and had a pretty good idea of our budget and design preferences. In order to provide us a quote, Todd asked me to provide the final cabinet design and specify all of my material preferences right down to handle hardware and grout color. I tend to be very detail oriented, therefore this was not a problem. In fact, I was relieved to know that he was taking my quote very seriously and not just tossing me a ballpark estimate that would change later as we specified materials. We had a budget and we needed to stick to it. Todd provided me the detailed quote around October 15th. We signed the contract and ordered cabinets immediately. Todd engaged with my cabinet designer and the order was processed smoothly. Unfortunately, our order date put our cabinet delivery right after Thanksgiving and kitchen demo to begin December 3rd. After limping along for so long with a half functioning kitchen, we were OK with the inconvenience of a remodel over Christmas. Todd set a realistic project timeline for finishing in early to mid-January as his employees would be off for 2 weeks at Christmas. However, Todd under-promised and over-delivered. The job was 95% complete by January 3rd. Over the weeks of Christmas and New Year’s, while his full-time employees were on holiday, Todd scheduled the plumbing, tile and electrical subcontract work to be done. All of Todd’s employees and subcontractors were fantastic. Everyone was always on-time and on- schedule. Any little hiccups along the way were handled immediately. Todd even went the extra mile on more than one occasion. He patched and painted some little dings caused by my kids that weren’t on our original scope of work. He also stepped in to help us with installation of our new dishwasher. When we encountered a problem with the installer from Albert Lee, Todd quickly scheduled his plumbing subcontractor to do the install for us instead. Additionally, just after our job was completed, we experienced a minor roof leak. After about 30 days of continuous rain, as you can imagine, no roofers were immediately available. I reached out to Todd for advice or a referral and he personally contacted his preferred roofer who came out to help me within a couple of hours. Todd delivered our beautiful new kitchen on budget and ahead of schedule, with only a minor additional charge for an electrical upgrade that we requested. If communication is important to you, know that Todd was easily reachable and very responsive to every phone call, text and email. Sound Renovation may not be the least expensive quote that you receive, but they are worth every penny and will handle every detail, so that you don’t have to worry. I will absolutely contact them for future projects.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel & Hardwood Floor Refinishing

Category ceramic tile, electrician, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

11/04/2019

Judy T.

Todd and his crew do absolutely high quality, excellent work. In the case of our leaking deck, Todd was able to pinpoint the leak, install new special decking and flashing to prevent further leaks, and install six new windows with frames he designed especailly to match other windows. He is currently finishing up our partial kitchen and bath remodelling. This has entailed reconfiguring the space for a new stove, as well as installation of new flooring and toilets. We know we can trust Todd's assessment of any problem and finding the best solution for an older house. Todd is abolutely the person we would always want for our projects. He is always available, easy to talk to, and very considerate of our needs and time constraints. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Description of Work
installation of windows, redesigning deck to stop leakage, painting, kitchen and bath partial remodel

Category decks, electrician, gutter repair, lighting, plumbing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

10/29/2019

Heather H.

We worked with them when we first bought our house in 2014 to update the kitchen, update carpeting and add some new hardwood floors, paint the inside and outside of our house, fix our front deck, and build a new shelving/media center. The owner, Todd, was excellent to work with (as were his crew). He was always available to talk to and was clear on what needed to be done and the cost. He felt strongly about doing things right and not just for the money. We knew we could trust him to give good advice on what was needed because he never failed to keep us from spending money on unnecessary changes. When we decided to remodel our bathrooms in 2018 (plus a number of other small projects), we knew that Sound Renovation was the only company we wanted to work with. Due to their busy schedule, we didn't get the work done until 2019 but another wonderful experience proved that it was worth the wait.

Description of Work
Remodeling of bathrooms and kitchen, new flooring, and painting inside and outside

Category ceramic tile, decks, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, pressure washing, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing, doors

10/28/2019

Tamara M.

Communication is very good and every step is explained, the first phase of the project was the pressure washing and it was done efficient and the clean up was very nice. Nothing was left out and the area was left very clean. The staining was done next and it looks so beautiful the wood just glows, and then the columns were done and all I can say is if you need to have a project done and you want to make sure its done on time and looks professional , then you need to call Sound Renovation!

Description of Work
We had a Community Pavilion Stained and 8 Stone Columns built.

Category masonry, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

10/28/2019

David H.

Perfectly. Great job at a reasonable price. Todd and his people were there when they said they would be and completed the job in the time frame refIected in the bid. I will absolutely use their services again.

Description of Work
Needed the exterior of my home painted.

Category remodeling, house painters

11/11/2017

Karin M.

It was fantastic. Mr. Sanders and his crew were very professional and delivered a high quality space to us. Everything from electrical, to drywall, to floors, paint etc. Head to toe finished. It looks beautiful.

Description of Work
Finishing of an 800 square foot basement.

09/19/2017

Chuck S.

The results of each project were excellent and well beyond our expectations.

Description of Work
In 2014, we had them rebuild a deck; in 2015, we had them paint the entire exterior of our house.

Category decks, house painters

11/11/2015

Sheila L.

We have had Sound Renovation do all of our interior and exterior painting since 1993, and we will call them every time we need these services in the future. Todd is professional, responsive, and honest; his staff have been with him for years and their work is the highest quality. Highly recommended!!!!

Description of Work
Prepped and painted the kitchen (custom cabinets with painted shelves); living room, dining room, den, bath, office, two stairwells with intricate rails.

Category interior painters, cabinet refacing

01/28/2015

Catherine K.

I really liked the crew, especially the painting crew. Todd was great to work with.

Description of Work
Sound Renovations did a complete bathroom remodel and painted the outside of our home.

Category home remodeling, house painters

10/31/2014

mark E.

Todd was on-time to the minute. He went over all the details of the job. He said there was quite a bit of unknown because the damage was not visible. The damage turned out to be much more than anticipated and removal of the window was a maybe. Even so, the final cost was within the original estimated range. Todd's crew was very professional.

Description of Work
Removed rotten siding around a window frame. Exposed studs that had been eaten by moisture ants. Removed siding for about 4ft around window. Removed the window. Replaced rotten studs. Reinstalled window. Created paper and plastic barrier to prepare for siding contractor. Also repaired drywall inside house.

Category remodeling, replacement windows

06/09/2014

Rajesh I.

We had a very good experience with Todd and his staff. His manager Tim was very responsive and kept us updated all through the work. The staff is very knowledgeable, hard working and courteous. They used to clean the work area at the end of each work day. We have already scheduled another window replacement work with Todd and Tim.

Description of Work
Converted a guest bedroom into a master bedroom; replaced 3 windows; replacement of master shower and complete water proofing

02/09/2014

Donald R.

After having the old vinyl siding taken off the house there was a lot of repair work to be done on the 40 plus year old cedar siding. We found rotted soffits and boards. Many boards had been damaged when the old siding had to be literally ripped off by another contractor. Nick the carpenter did a great job replacing corner boards, siding, cap trim over brick façade and much more. He basically put the exterior of the house back into like new condition. This part of the job lasted ten days and amounted to $6,400 dollars, before any painting could be done and was worth every penny of it. Then Wilfredo and his painting crew took over. All surfaces were meticulously prepped, sprayed and back brushed and sprayed a final coat. Everything was done top notch and the price for the painting was in the mid-range of the four estimates I received. Quality work. A++

Description of Work
Repair old cedar siding and paint house.

11/13/2013

S D.

It went very well. They did a good job. There was a small problem that we raised ad they came back immediately so there are no issues. They're really good. It wasn't cheap but it also seemed in line with the market.

Description of Work
I used Sound Renovation to do my bathroom.

Category home remodeling

08/19/2013

Alan C.

It was a good working experience with Todd and Tim, prices were reasonble, and quality and workamanship were up to the standard, Tim was great to work with and ready to make schdule flexible for customer's need and very responsive at all time. Only it took a little longer to get all the work done, but it was done the way should be and I am very pleased with the service and quality. I would use this company again for any internal house work again if needed.

Description of Work
New dry walls , hardwood floor, carpets, drawer cabints and bathroom tiles.

08/11/2013

Alice O.

When first getting bids, Todd was the first one to call back, come out, and email detailed bids. His bids were very fair price wise, as we had received a couple bids (most higher, one lower - but questionable quality). He was very knowledgable, courteous and answered all our questions with various projects we wanted to do. He was able to fit the bulk of the remodel into our week vacation this summer. Was so great to come back to see all the changes, they worked really hard to get as much done as they could while we were away, as my neighbors told me they were even here on Saturday working. His crew was very conscientious of cleaning up when they left, coming right on time each morning and doing quality work. We can't stress enough how happy we are with our remodel, it's actually fun to wash the dishes now with our new beautiful countertops, sink and faucet. Would highly recommend and will definitely hire again when we are ready for our next project.

Description of Work
Full exterior paint job (including siding fix); kitchen - granite countertops, flooring, tiling; 2 bathroom guts (full remodels) - tile flooring; granite countertops; new bathtubs/tile.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters

07/31/2013

Mark K.

Therre were two parts to our house work: repairs to deteriorating chimney siding and painting of the exterior of the house. Todd was punctual and responsive with providing a bid and responding to all communications. The carpenter was professional and very careful to maintain a clean worksite. As the the work progressed, we determined that the damage was more extensive than originally envisioned in the bid. They were very accomodating to determine exactly how I wanted to proceed, and they followed the through with all of the repairs exactly as discussed. The prep work and painting of the house was very well done - the job site was kept clean and organized, and ladders and tarps carefully put away each day. Great attention to detail - we are very satisfied with the work they did. Overall, I found them easy to work with, resposible, professional and their work to be of high quality. I did receive some bids that were somewhat lower in price, but in hindsight, I am glad we chose Sound Renovation.

Description of Work
Repairs to chimney siding and structure. Painting of complete exterior of house, including all doors and patio ceiling.

Category decks, siding, chimney repair, house painters

07/11/2013

LAURA K.

They did a fabulous job, and the house looked great. They were very helpful, and very informative They got some water in the exterior lights from the washing and they weren’t working. They were very courteous, and gracious about the situation and gave me $50 back. However, the lights started working a couple weeks later.

Description of Work
They soft washed the siding on my house. They also gave me advice to rearrange my kitchen appliances.

Category pressure washing, home remodeling

06/15/2013

Maarten N.

Todd was on-time, very professional, explained in detail to the crew what needed to be done, and did extra work that I requested during the job, with very little extra charge. Very repsonsive and professional - highly recommended!

Description of Work
Paint several interior rooms in house including main living area/hallways, master bed & bath, closets. Also did finishing repair work on wood banister.

05/16/2013

Kevin M.

There was no emergency repair necessary so we shopped and made decisions on vinyl, toilet and underlayment. After our requirements were communicated to Todd, he scheduled his trades to perform their tasks in a totally sensible and professional sequence. There were no overlapping of workers or confusion on the who's and when's. All workers arrived when they were supposed to, analyzed the situation and dug right in to the tasks on hand. There were delays and "work stoppages" only because of the 3 days of drying out before the moisture test, and three days for the Bone Dry to seal. So for the entire project to consume 29 days was never questioned or concerned with. Todd executed his project management and supervising skills which exceeded my expectations. I feel very comfortable that the leaking problems have been corrected which also resulted in getting a top performing Toto toilet. I highly recommend Sound Renovation for any remodeling project. As a matter of fact, we would like Todd to bid on any projects which occur in our condominium association.

Description of Work
The problem was a leaking toilet; therefore, Sound Renovation removed the bases throughout, demolished the existing vinyl floor, performed a moisture test, sealed the floor with Bone Dry, relaid the floor with a moisture barrier, two sheets of underlayment topped off with commercial vinyl, replaced the bases, placed three wax rings, and installed a new Toto toilet.

Category home remodeling

01/21/2013

Cole P.

These guys are fantastic,quality all the way. We will trust them for future work.

Description of Work
Painted house interior

Category remodeling, interior painters

07/19/2012

Janet V.

Our contact with Sound Renovation was "estimate" stage only.

Description of Work
Although we did not end up using Sound Renovation (only because of our insurance company) we found Todd to be very professional, courteous and helpful. He provided us with an estimate for work to repair flood damage to our home (around $16,000). It was apparent from both his estimate and personal and email contact with Todd that he takes pride in his work (places high value on quality of workmanship and materials) and he has a very strong customer service ethic. We were very disappointed that we couldn't come to an arrangement for him to do the work. Whilst we can't vouch for actual work done, our overall contact with Sound Renovation was a very good experience and I wouldn't hesitate to contact them for bids on any future projects for our home.

12/15/2011

Kim M.

Contacted Todd in early August. He came out to the house to look at current status, answered a LOT of questions I had and offered advice/options. Turn around on all his bids (there were 3 or 4 all together as I worked out what I wanted) was fast, with each bid clearly describing what was to be done by him and what I had agreed to provide. The first bid was exactly what I asked for - what will it cost to fix leak damage with minimal upgrades, install bookshelves, and paint exterior doors. In mid-October I finalized my requirements, received his bid, then 3 days later completely changed my mind and decided to go with the upgraded version! Todd patiently re-bid, answered more detail questions, we finalized the price based on my selected materials/design in late October and the start date was set for 11/7, with an estimate of about 4 weeks to complete. There was a caveat on timing - could be longer depending on how bad the leak damage was. The work started on time - Nick was the demo guy and he was awesome! Showed up early, worked hard all day, kept everything as clean as possible, and every night he cleaned up all materials/trash from the work. He put down plastic along the "path" from the front door to the bathroom to protect the wood floor/carpet, and this stayed in place until all the work was done. The rot from the leak was much worse than expected - a main beam had rotted almost through. This required an additional day of work and more material than planned - Todd did a great job of re-adjusting everything/body, keeping the delay to a minimum and finding a cost-effective solution for the repair. Although Todd didn't give me a day-by-day schedule, he did let me know a day or two in advance who would be coming in, when they'd be there, and for how long. Had just one instance of someone not showing up when expected, but, Todd was on it and resolved quickly. The vendor for the tile worked with me on styles, color - helped a great deal! Listened to me, offered good options, and did some extra research to find shower tile that matched the existing tile on the bathtub surround exactly! There were a couple of problems with the tile order, but the vendor quickly fixed and there was no disruption to the schedule or additional expense. The custom cabinetry for the bookshelves is beautiful - the craftsman took a little artistic license and changed up what we had discussed, delivering a better result. The exterior doors were repaired well and neatly painted - no overspray. All the workers knew the job they were to do, were skilled, friendly, and kept a very neat work area, always cleaning up at the end of their day. As I told a friend - I didn't have to worry about anything...Todd did all the worrying for me! I will definitely call Sound Renovation when I'm ready to do the kitchen upgrade!

Description of Work
Master Bath upgrade and leak repair - tear out existing shower (wall tile/plastic floor pan), repair leak damage, install new pebbled shower floor, wall tile, fixtures, and frameless glass door/wall. Tear out existing carpet and replace with tile and in-floor heating. Remove existing toilet and replace with new. Install built-in bookshelves in library - two sets of shelves, floor to ceiling, match cherry wood of existing desk set. Paint 3 exterior doors, including front door with sidelights - repair rotted spots, sand, prime, paint

Category ceramic tile, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, doors

09/01/2011

JOAN D.

Fine. They were able to do the work in less than 24 hours after I called. Joel was very professional and efficient in working on the problem.

Description of Work
Replaced all of the bearing rollers, springs etc in my garage door assembly.

Category garage doors