Redmond Roofing

Founded 1987 • With Angi since July 2005

PO Box 2153

Redmond, WA 98073

Redmond Roofing was established in 1987. We have always specialized in Residential Re-Roofing. Our goal remains: To pursue Excellence as we provide expert services and quality installations for our customers. We are a referral based company. Our office, yard and most of our employees reside in

10/02/2020

Francine W.

Avoid this roofing company at all costs. They make multiple mistakes, don't own up to it, and take zero accountability for their mistakes. You are better off with other roofing companies in the area. Although the actual quality of work from this company is decent, the level of unprofessionalism from their office combined with the careless mistakes they made resulted in a bad sour taste for me. In addition to multiple rescheduling, Redmond Roofing made 3 strikes that led to this low rating review: 1. The original assessment missed the need for a flapper vent installation. On the service day, this was added as an extra cost to the invoice. 2. The original assessment missed the need for a 3rd spout extension installation. We had to schedule a second service day and, of course, this was an extra cost to the invoice not originally captured in the quote. 3. When asked for an explanation for the multiple misses, the repairman deferred to the head office. The head office manager, Rochelle Black, was nasty and rude when responding to the inquiry. She first tried to shift the blame back to the repairman, then said that there was a mistake in a challenging manner ala "now what are you going to do with it?". I was very put off by Rochelle's lack of customer service manners, yet I clarified that all I'm asking for is an explanation and an apology. She nastily said that they won't beg and go down on their knees about it. I clarified again that that wasn't what I was looking for and asked Rochelle if she realized that their mistakes have caused me extra money that wasn't planned for. Rochelle denied it and proposed a solution that was not a solution at all (uninstall the 2nd downspout and install it on the 3rd downspout location). There was no apology for the mistakes and for the inconvenience, no accountability at all. Some time later, I received a 1-line email from Rochelle stating that they won't charge for the flapper vent and consider the repair contract completed. This is despite the still-missing 3rd downspout that was included in the contract. I had to spend even more time to write to Rochelle explaining that I don't mind paying for the flapper vent, but don't consider the repair contract to be completed as the 3rd downspout was still missing. The repairman showed up sometime later to complete the job. When I reminded him that, when other businesses made mistakes, they typically eat the costs of fixing the mistakes instead of charging it back to the customer - the repairman actually had the decency to apologize. What really disgusts me from this interaction is the lack of ownership of one's own mistakes and the lack of accountability and customer orientation. Seriously, give your business to the many other roofing companies in the area - you would be glad to stay away from Redmond Roofing. If the above is still not enough to convince you, I just noticed that Rochelle Black gave Redmond Roofing a 5 star review on Google Review about 4 months ago (June 2020). No doubt in an effort to boost the rating of this company online. I've reported this conflict of interest to Google.

Description of Work
Roof Repair, Vent Connecting

10/07/2019

Ann E.

They were excellent, they were very good, the owner came out and provided an estimate, initial 6 inch but i needed an 8 inch composite shingles, and he said he will honor the estimate for the 8 inch shingles. Pricing was fair and they were very responsive.

Description of Work
Full Roof Replacement

05/23/2018

Robert W.

Redmond Roofing was a great help with deciding the style and color of the new roof, and the installation was far superior than the roof replaced.

Description of Work
remove old roofing and replace with new roof

09/08/2017

Cliff M.

They did a very good job. Their workers were prompt. They cleaned up well. I would recommend the company. We have a large roof, and the did the whole roof. It was a large project.

Description of Work
They replaced the whole roof.

08/26/2017

Barbara L.

I called and got an appointment with a three hour window. The person never showed. I called and spoke to the owner. He apologized and said he was never notified that people called in sick. He said he would email someone and have them get me another appointment. They never called me back. I called and scheduled another company.

Description of Work
We needed to have a leak fixed in our skylight and a general roof inspection.

Category roofing, skylights

07/20/2017

Thomas O.

got a bid, was priced good, went with different company. thanks.

Description of Work
roof check and quote

06/14/2017

Cliff M.

The job went amazingly well! They not only did the roof, but took down 2 chimneys that needed to be removed! Their crew was responsive and polite and they cleaned up well after the job was finished.

Description of Work
We had Redmond Roofing re roof our entire home including the shed, garage and even the ground level entrance to our crawl space! They did a great job!

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

05/11/2017

Jenna G.

They were kind in explaining before they came to do the bid that they only do simple skylights. They recommended a skylight company who could do the work.

Description of Work
We needed to replace a roof ridgeline skylight.

05/03/2017

Santa K.

The young man sent out was very personable, polite and professional. Worked diligently, cleaned up afterward and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Needed ventilation (6 vents on roof and 2 bird vents) and a dedicated bathroom fan vent added.

02/10/2017

Sherry F.

Richard was very knowledgeable and friendly. Patching went well and hopefully we will hire them again for roof replacement

Description of Work
We had a hole poked through roof by fallen tree branches. So Richard came and did some patch work.

08/29/2016

Ken O.

Our front skylight imploded and we needed someone who could replace the skylight ASAP. I was greeted by a "real" person when I call who was also pleasant. Someone was out the next day, checked the skylight, and, before we agreed to hire Redmond Roofing, the installer laid a tarp in the hallway and removed the remaining broken glass from the roof so no additional glass would continue to fall; "real" customer service. We liked their attention to detail and hired Redmond Roofing to replace all three skylights. We hired Redmond Roofing on Tuesday and the skylights were replaced on Thursday; an excellent job. We are keeping Redmond Roofing in our file for additional roofing needs.

Description of Work
Replaced three skylights

08/05/2016

arthur M.

Did not contract for the work, but wanted to provide comment to the President's proposal. Bob was cordial, personable and provided excellent insight to their approach to roofing my home. His recommendations were very much in line with my needs, and the proposal pricing was very fair for the amount of work to do. I did extensive research on roofer selections, and I was impressed with the rating CertainTeed provides for contractors doing work with their materials, and the warranty terms available. The only reason I didn't go with Redmond was an additional recommendation about an equally qualified roofer in my area, but I would definitely keep Redmond Roofing at the top of my list for any services. Thank you, Bob, for the time spent on my project.

Description of Work
Re-roof my home

06/03/2016

Carol O.

The day he came to evaluate the roof, I was gone, but he started doing some work. I called and made the appointment and they did everything. I can't tell enough people about how great the service was, and it's not often that I can say that.

Description of Work
They patched some shingles with flashing as needed.

01/14/2015

John G.

They are very responsive, came right out to give the bid. The two guys that came out did a thorough inspection of the roof and found where it was leaking. They explained what needed to be done to fix it. They were extremely kind and courteous. We would have chosen them, but we had already decided on another roofer. Their price was extremely fair. I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
They came out last week to give an estimate.

11/24/2014

Carole F.

They sent a crew out to do the repair. They was not sure how to fix it and the owner and a supervisor came out and looked over the job and explained to me what needed done. I was very satisfied with the work. They took out the damaged area in the valley and replaced with all new materials. Very prompt very thorough. I thought it was a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Did some roof repairs. We had a leak in the valley.

10/02/2014

Robyn S.

They came on time and did exactly what they were supposed to do. They showed me what was wrong and checked both of the skylights for me. He gave me good advise on the opening skylight. They were very nice. They actually found somebody a supplier and brought them in the same day.

Description of Work
They replaced two skylights.

Category roofing, skylights

10/02/2014

Mary S.

I really appreciated the quick response. (no charge)

Description of Work
Redmond Roofing replaced my roof in late 2006. About a 1 1/2 later, I had them come out and increase my built in gutter dept by adding a 2x2 to the top of the gutter. In the process they binded two membranes together with some silver tape. I noticed in early Sept the tape wasn't sticking in the corners. I notified Redmond Roofing and they came out and fixed the issue a couple of days after I sent an email.

Category gutter repair, roofing

08/21/2014

Joanne H.

Called back within 10 minutes when first called. When they came to do the work they were most professional, courteous and accommodating. Required a minor follow up and did not bill until we were satisfied.

Description of Work
Replaced the skylights in two bathrooms.

06/23/2014

Mark K.

These folks did a great job and were able to come out the same day I called them. It was super easy to do business with them. I called, they came out the same day and replaced the plastic vent hood on my roof that was leaking. The even referred me to AA Windows and Gutter to clean some moss off my roof since AA could do the work less expensively. This is a quality organization.

Description of Work
Fixed a leak in my roof that was around the bathroom fan vent hood

Dawn M.

I was very impressed at how quickly they determined the problem. I wouldn't have been able to figure it out because it was a hairline crack in a vent and the drip (straight down) was making my ceiling discolored. The tech knew what to look for (an indentation in the insulation) to determine and fix the problem. A co-worker recommended this company (also due to a leak in a roof) and she was equally impressed. Great company. Not too big. Not too small. Experienced and just right!

Description of Work
Repair a leak int he roof

Robert M.

I appreciated the prompt response to my leaking roof and the professional repair at a very reasonable cost. The technician even took photos at each stage of the repair process to reassure me the leak would not reoccur.

Description of Work
The technician confirmed the location of the leak, removed the existing shingles, repaired the plywood seam which was allowing water in, installed a waterproof membrane and reinstalled the asphalt shingles.

Dan A.

Good communication throughout. Hardworking crew. Completed job on time. Very happy with workmanship. Only surprise was finding additional layer of roofing that had to be removed (at additional cost) and the need for double layers of plywood in areas to provide smooth/even surface for new roof. Left yard in reasonably clean condition though I have filled a five gallon bucket with pieces of the old roof that was not picked up. I would recommend Redmond Roofing to others.

Description of Work
Removed cedar shake roof and old sheeting. Replaced with new plywood sheeting and fiberglass shingles

Hidden layers are a bear. When we quote a job we have to make assumptions about what exists under the surface layer. .In your case the second layer was disguised as was the resulting variances in the plane surface level.. Old construction that's gone through changes and additions can have hidden elements invisible until we start-the-work. It was a surprise to us too. I have no excuse for the lack of fine-tune cleanup. We are usually stellar in that regard. I will review this with the team. Our sincere apologies for that misstep

Beth B.

We had received several referrals for Redmond Roofing. Called and they were able to send someone on a Saturday. They quickly determined the vent had been incorrectly installed by the builder and had cracked over time resulting in the leak. Replaced the vent. We hope to use Redmond Roofing again for a new roof in the fall.

Description of Work
Replaced an attic roof vent that was cracked and leaking.

05/01/2014

KEVIN G.

We noticed our 8" vent was leaking into the house, so had Redmond Roofing come out the next day. I appreciate that Bob initially said it was likely the storm collar and told me to check it out myself before spending money. I knew it wasn't that, and indeed the flashing needed fixing, and the plywood underlayment was rotted and also need replacing. They had someone come out 4 times over the course of a week (they were busy), each time fixing yet another discovered thing. Bob made sure at each stage that we knew the costs and asked if we wanted to proceed. He was very easy to reach on the phone and by email, which I appreciate. Looks like they did a solid job and I expect them to stand behind their work. It ended up being a bit expensive, but reasonable for the amount of work & materials put in. I dinged them on quality only because the replacement shingles don't quite match in color or texture, but it's the back of the house, though, so not a huge deal.

Description of Work
Fixed a leaking gas fireplace vent and repaired damage.

Sorry about the color-match. The reality is even with exact same product for patch-in material the weather faded color of the old just won't match the new. In time the contrast will soften - perhaps disappear

03/31/2014

Judy A.

They sent someone out that same day to diagnose the problem, explained the problem to me and the measures they would take to repair the area and then came out the next day to carry out the repairs. Since then there have been multiple heavy rain storms with no evidence of leakage. I am most impressed with their response to my problem as well as the immediate repair of an on-going leakage regardless of other companies attempt to repair the area.

Description of Work
Repaired a persistant leak in the roof that has been there for several years and has not been repaired by other companies I have employed.