Smart Energy Today Inc

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2013

4.1

1001 Cooper Point Rd SW Ste 140-290

Olympia, WA 98502

Smart Energy Today, Inc.™ has a mission that is focused on providing high quality and competitively priced products for home improvements that will decrease energy consumption, lower the cost of energy bills, and, most importantly, increase the comfort level in customers’ homes. If you are

11/23/2022

Raymond F.

Trust has been broken by nearly everyone I have talked to at Smart Energy Today/Lumio. It has been over EIGHT months now since my first signing with your sales representative, Josh Miller. Summer has come and gone, and we STILL have no working solar panels with zero communication from anyone in your organization on when this will be completed. The absolute TERRIBLE experience we've had was as follows: 4/14: Spoke with Josh Miller. We were told if we signed that night, we would be given 3 months worth of payments. Signed that night. 4/15: Welcome email received from Smart Energy Today with timeline saying target 6-8 weeks from finance approval with picture showing maximum timeline of 12 weeks, which would have been 7/15. 5/10: Got an email requesting for documentation with my name on the property. House is under my husband's name, so we needed to add his name to the loan. 5/24: Signed new documents with my husband's name on it. New maximum timeline should have been 8/24. 6/22: Solar panel was installed roughly around this time. After the install, I got a physical copy of a timeline showing a timeline maximum of 84 days plus one step that had a variable date range. New maximum timeline should have been roughly 9/22 without knowing what the variable timeline is. This was the final update to the timeline I got, so as far as we are concerned, this should have been the target date. 6/23: Inspection was supposed to happen in the morning. Waited until 1 in the afternoon with no one showing up and no word on when the inspector would be coming, we needed to reschedule due to work. I was told someone would call me back to reschedule, but no one ever did. I had to reach back out to Josh for help to get the inspection rescheduled. 7/2: Got letter from Service Finance Company that our first payment is due 7/28. We asked Josh about this since only the solar panels were installed, but our main panel which needed to be replaced due to age was not installed yet and was rolled into the loan. Josh acknowledged that this seemed odd and would look into it. 7/21: We got our first bill from Service Finance Company. Sent to Josh again, he said he'd look into it.8/16: Main panel replacement occurred. On the same day, we got a call from Service Finance Company that we are 19 days overdue and will be going into collections soon. Reached out to Josh again about this, and Josh promised he'd pay for the late fee. 8/18: Finally got a gift card from Lumio with the first three months of payments that Josh promised us. Since we had to resign the loan for a new amount since the main panel was rolled into the loan, the gift card was for 3 months based on the old amount, not the new amount, and it did not include the late fee that Josh promised. Was told I would get an additional gift card for the remainder by a representative who called me to confirm I got the gift card. 8/19: Got a survey from Lumio about the solar panel install. I took the survey and fully explained the horrible experience I had up until that point. The survey asked if I would like someone to contact me, and I said yes. To this day, no one has contacted me. 9/2: City of Seattle came to inspect expecting a Lumio representative to be present, but there was no Lumio representative. Josh said that no Lumio representative should be onsite. Via email, Jennifer said a Lumio representative should have been onsite. I told Jennifer Josh said this wasn't necessary, and Jennifer said there should have been. Rescheduled inspection. 9/13: Got a text from Jennifer saying I needed to schedule an inspection again, which made me think the previous inspection scheduled on 9/2 did not occur (error on her part). 9/17: Texted Josh asking for a follow up on the gift card. Zero acknowledgement. 10/12: Texted Josh again about the gift card. Josh texted me an email screenshot Alexa Gamble sent to Rachel, AJ, Catherine, and 7 other people for follow up. 10/20: Text from Ivie to schedule final electrical inspection for 10/27. I texted back requesting for 10/28, but didn't hear anything back from her. 10/28: No one shows up. 10/31: Text from Ivie saying that the technician had an emergency and her text to me never went through, now the final electrical inspection is scheduled for 11/10.11/4: Texted Josh about the gift card. Zero response. 11/10: Lumio inspection with Seattle City Light. Was told additional work needed to be done. It has been two weeks, and I have heard nothing back from anyone about when that would be scheduled or take place. This only includes the correspondence I've had in writing with your organization. This does not include the countless phone calls I have made to follow up with your inability to provide clear communication and follow through. In writing this and reliving the experience I had with your company, I am completely astounded by your organization's inability to follow up your customers. It's not just one or two, but multiple people who have dropped the ball with communication with us.

Description of Work
Solar panels install.

04/24/2022

William G.

Installed without approval. Did not notify HOA, now I’m getting letters. Trash left in yard. Installation location not per conversation, reason why I’m getting letters. Electrical not done well

Description of Work
Solar Panel Installation

06/30/2020

Lawrence J.

Still in process of having the work done.

Description of Work
Solar panels

Category energy audit

03/09/2019

Tim & Rita K.

The company representative was punctual for his appointment, and was attentive to our questions and did what he could to make the purchase more affordable.

Description of Work
Solar panels & fan

Category solar panels, energy audit

06/06/2018

Hilary S.

We are still in the process, but so far so great!

Description of Work
installing solar panels

11/15/2017

Paula C.

The two employees were prompt and professional. They worked efficiently and left everything clean. The lead employee used my cellphone to take a quick video of the attic once they had finished so we could see the results. We were very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Installation in the attic

10/20/2017

John C.

Poor customer service after installation. Make sure to do your research before doing any business with Smart Energy Today, Inc.

Description of Work
Insulation products and services.

Category insulation, solar panels

10/09/2017

Gordon T.

Very quick service. Always on time and quick to respond. Did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Placed solar panels on roof.

Category insulation, solar panels

06/28/2016

Anne R.

Description of Work
They were in and out quite quickly as they were only installing a solar fan on one of my roof vents.

05/13/2016

Donald R.

hello, Homeowners interested in increasing the efficiency of the insulation in their attic or crawlspace and are considering a solar blanket should talk to Christopher at smart energy today. We went to their dinner presentation it was enjoyable no pressure and a very good fillet. We made an appointment with Christopher the next day and he gave us a quote to have the solar blanket installed in our attic, after some price negotiation, the job was done two days later for a very competitive price. I got up in the attic to inspect the Job while Dustin and crew werefinishing up and discovered an 85 square-foot area of the ceiling was not insulated! Dustin offered to insulate but I should talk to Christopher first to get a quote. Christopher made me an offer I could not refuse, and about 40 minutes later they were done including the solar blanket. The job was done right the first time for a competitive price, by a hard-working crew; you can't ask for more than that. We will be contacting Christopher when we're ready to put solar panels on the roof.

Description of Work
A solar blanket was added to the attic insulation (it sits on top) missing attic insulation was also blow in.

Category insulation

Thank you for the great feedback Don! :) We look forward to helping you go SOLAR.

02/26/2016

Anthony R.

Description of Work
Solar lights and insulation for attic.

Category insulation, lighting, solar panels

04/27/2015

Jane R.

They came out when they said they would and they had it finished within the day. You could tell a difference right away in the temperature of the house. We were also looking into solar panels, so we will be in touch with them still about that.

Description of Work
They did a SOL blanket insulation for the attic and basement. We also had some solar tubes already installed in the roof, and they put in the remaining solar tubes for us.

01/02/2015

James O.

Seemed to go well. First year's Difference in usage was 467 KW. It will take a long time to regain the investment.

Description of Work
Installed 1080 sq. Ft. Sol-Blanket

08/29/2014

Larry W.

The crew was spot on time. They all worked so hard in the heat. They were great, friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Insulate under modules roof vents insulate partial attic

08/08/2014

Joseph P.

They did a wonderful job. Very happy with their service. They came out today and took care of everything within an hour. Cleaned everything up. Very polite people. Very good service.

Description of Work
Installed insulation.

07/28/2014

Timothy G.

The installers showed up Sunday afternoon, and finished in the evening as per planned. We were the last home of the day, and they were cheerful, still when they cleaned up all their pieces and left around 7pm.

Description of Work
They installed Sol blanket over existing insulation. Our ceiling is 13' high with a itched attic. Its a difficult area to work in. I inspected the attic after work was performed and they covered the hard to get to spaces, which the builder didn't do so well.

07/19/2014

Bob J.

Went well, finished sooner than expected. Had not looked at an outside cable which we felt was too obtrusive.. Called The Rep who immediately contacted the installers who were enroute to another site. Within an hour the installers had returned and corrected the problem before I had even noticed that they .had returned I was very impressed by the professionalism that they exhibited

Description of Work
Install 2 fans, one in attic and one in crawl space. Plus SOL blanket

07/09/2014

Judy G.

First off, the sales people were to the point and true to their word, on time, efficient. Those who came to do the work were very respectful of my property. They were quick, efficient and left my house cleaner than when they walked in! They brought their own vacuum! They were very polite. They showed up on time for each appointment I had. From the person selling to their service people. The product itself - we have noticed a remarkable difference in how cool it has kept our house because it's Summer. I would definantly recommend them to others!

Description of Work
They put in a insulation reflective blanket over my existing insulation in my attic.

07/07/2014

LORRAINE J.

Installing only the additional blown-in insulation and NOT the Sol-Blanket in the attic area would have produced much better results and saved thousands of dollars. Smart Energy Today specified that their Sol-Blanket has an R rating of R-16. It actually is only rated as R-6 for the attic areas and R-16 in the crawl space area due to the direction of the heat flow. The installers were very professional, nice to work with, and cleaned up nicely. However, when I lifted up the Sol-Blanket in the attic area a few days later I found that the pre-existing blown-in 10-inches (R-30) insulation and the added blown-in 4.3 inches (R-14) of insulation were now less than 8-inches (R-24) in numerous locations. It was obvious that there were less than 14.3-inches (R-43) of blown-in insulation in vast majority of the attic area. I contacted Smart Energy Today and provided them with pictures of the attic area with several locations where the blown-in insulation was now BELOW the top of the 7-1/2 inch wide ceiling joists. They were quick to response and made arrangements to come back and correct any deficiencies. When Smart Energy Today workers returned they removed the Sol-Blanket insulation to allow for the addition of more blown-in insulation. This time they installed markers at my request that indicated the depth at which the blown-in insulation would be added to provide a total of at least 14.3 inches (R-43). I observed the blown-in operation and they actually blew in a couple of extra bags of insulation into the attic. The Sol-Blanket insulation was re-installed on top of the new blown-in insulation for an expected net of R-49 (14.3 inches [R-43] blown-in and Sol-Blanket [R-6]). It was during this process that I learned how the previous blown-in insulation became compressed from 14.3 inches to less than 7 inches in numerous locations. The instillation of the Sol-Blanket necessitates that workers travel several times back and forth stepping on the ceiling joists to position each 12-15 foot long and 4 foot wide pieces of material on top of the blown-in insulation. Workers used their feet to clear away the blown-in insulation that they had just installed to locate the ceiling joists. Workers use the ceiling joists to step on, stand on, and support themselves on their hands and knees while installing and adjusting the Sol-Blanket material. These activities create a 1 to 3 foot wide pathway of compressed blown-in insulation for each 4-foot wide row of Sol-Blanket material. The workers did their best to try to re-fluff up the insulation, but once it has been compressed it is never going to be the same again. Compressed insulation results in reduced R-values. The final results were that the blown-in insulation thickness (R-values) were reduced as the workers installed the Sol-Blankets from the outer edges of the structure to the center attic access point. There is now approximately 10 to 12 inches (R-30/36) of blown-in insulation in the middle of the attic area when they completed the Sol-Blanket installation - approximately the same or a bit more than the amount of blown-in insulation that was in the attic to begin with.

Description of Work
We contracted with Smart Energy Today to upgrade our home’s insulation. Their proposal was to install 4.3 inches (R-14) of blown-in insulation and a layer of Sol-Blanket (13/64 inches thick polyethylene foam core) aluminum blanket to bring the approximately 900 square feet of attic area from R-30 to the current standard in our local area of R-49. The Sol-Blanket would also be added to the existing insulation in the 1300 square foot crawl space to bring that space to the current local standard of R-30. A solar powered attic fan was also installed.

Category insulation, roofing, solar panels

06/30/2014

Yumi S.

Description of Work
Installed a 3kw PV Solar array and solar attic fan for better ventilation.

06/26/2014

Kim T.

The Sol Blanket is working amazingly. It has dramatically decreased the temperature in our garage, by about 30 degrees! We went to a dinner with Smart Energy Today, and they were very professional and knowledgeable while explaining their products. They were not a very pressure sales team, and took the time to answer all of my questions. Their delivery guys were great! I would recommend Smart Energy Today and Sol Blanket to anyone looking to do any type of insulation work in their home!

Description of Work
I recently purchased a Sol Blanket from Smart Energy Today, and self installed in to my garage door.

Category insulation

Hi, The garage is a great place to put the Sol-Blanket Insulation. We are glad that you have seen such a dramatic difference in temperature. Let us know when you are ready to put more in your house and we'll be there!

03/17/2014

Peter J.

The company was very professional from start to finish. They invited us to a very nice free dinner at Anthony's home port in Olympia where we learned about the company and some of the services they offered. We then scheduled an in home appointment with the presenter where he came to our house and looked at our attic/crawl space and evaluated our current insulation and R Value rating. We decided to purchase the Sol-Blanket Insulation and a Solar attic fan. 4 company installers showed up 2 days later on time and did a great job installing the products. Since the products, we have noticed that our home was much cooler for the remaining of the summer. Our upstairs would get so hot we sometimes would sleep in the basement. The sol-blanket and fan made the temperature comfortable upstairs for the rest of the summer. This winter has been great as well. Our upstairs was always much colder then the rest of the house no matter how much the heater ran. We have noticed that our heater cycles less now, our bill has gone down 14-22% and this was the first winter season that we didn't have to use a space heater in our master bedroom. Smart Energy Today was great in every way for us! Because of our first experience we had them back out to our home last week for phase 2, to install the Sol-Blanket in our crawl space, Once again, a 4 man crew showed up and worked diligently till the job was complete. Great experience and greet products.

Description of Work
Installed Sol-Blanket Insulation in my attic and a Solar attic fan in Aug. 2013 and last week installed Sol-Blanket Insulation in my Crawl Space on 3-14-14

Category solar panels

Mr. [member name removed], Thank you for reporting in and letting us know you have seen your energy bill go down and your comfort level go up! The fact that you have had us back to do more work makes us feel good and tells us we must be doing something right. It’s always good to hear how successful our products can be for our customers.

AW insulation services llc

I strive to provide the best services and quality work. Customers satisfaction is my goal. We clean out old insulation in attic’s and crawl spaces and replace vapor barriers. Let me help you take care of your home and save you money on your utilities.

Pacific Spray Systems LLC

With over 12 years of experience, we are here to provide quality insulation for your best defense against the elements. Properly insulated structures can save the owner thousands of dollars over the life of the structure. Spray foam insulation provides one of the best methods of meeting today's stringent building codes. we use fiberglass and spray foam. We also provide a senior citizen and military discount.

Clean Crawls

Angie's List Super Service Award winner 12-years Running! From quote to completion in as little as three days, and guaranteed to pass inspection the first time. Founded in 2001, we have completed over 70,000 jobs in the last 18 years. Clean Crawls is your go-to company for Crawl Space Cleaning and Insulation, Attic Cleaning and Insulation, Mold Remediation, Rodent Exclusion, Vapor Barrier Removal and Replacement, Prescriptive Air and Duct Sealing, and Affordable Payment Options. Clean Crawls offers an industry-leading 10 Year Workmanship Warranty that is transferable to new homeowners. Call now 877-722-0791 Visit us at CleanCrawls.com

Offers by Clean Crawls on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Sale & Installation of PV solar system, traditional insulation & radiant barriers, skytube & skylight, whole-home surge protector & electronic noise filtration device, solar attic & crawl space fans. Removal & disposal of toxic compact florescent light bulbs & installation of LED light bulbs. Roof replacement, treatment & cleaning. Caulking & sealing. Gutter cleaning.