Flying Colors Painting Co.

Founded 1980 • With Angi since December 2007

Painting is personal. We're here to help you. We specialize in professional re-painting and re-staining for residential and commercial properties throughout Thurston County. You can expect courteous, skillful, and impressive service throughout our whole process. From scheduling to appointments to

house painting (47)interior painting (23)pressure washing (11)drywall (5)

12/01/2022

thomas T.

Great very professional they cost a little more but you get what you pay for

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 12/01/2022

11/15/2022

Robyn V.

It went great! The workers went out of their way to be sure the job was well done. They worked efficiently and were professional!

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting

Work Completed On 09/20/2022

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed]! Glad to hear things went great. :)

11/08/2018

Kimberly B.

Flying Colors did a fantastic job! I just needed them to paint the trim of my home, front porch, power wash my house, & paint the front and back doors of my home. My HOA was being very picky and demanding of how my home looked and we are first time home owners. Flying Colors knew how to talk with my HOA, worked with me on pricing by giving me the best quality paint and working fast. My home looks fantastic and HOA hasn't gotten on me about my home since. All this during the fall too! Flying Colors scheduled my work promptly, got it done right, doing the power washing in a day, and then coming back when the house was ready and painting it in one full day. The other thing is, I could leave the house to run errands amd trust they weren't going to rob me, (I had to leave my door unlocked so they could paint it probably). These are people you can trust. Thank you so much for all the work you guys did and being so curtious too! Customer Service is hard to find now a days, so it was nice to receive it from the whole company without issues. Get your project done with Flying Colors!

Description of Work
Trim, painting front porch, power wash front and back, painting front and back doors.

Cost $2,190.3

Work Completed On 10/18/2018

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! I really appreciate your kind words. I will print these out for our painters to see. They love hearing that they have created another happy Flying Colors customer! Dan

08/14/2018

Rudy H.

I have nothing but good things to say about Flying Colors Painting Co. They were great to deal with and did a wonderful job on our home interior paint. I contacted four paint companies for bids. Of the three that actually responded one company just simply didn't show up or bother to call and cancel our scheduled appointment (even though I took time off from work to meet), one company showed up 30 minutes late, with no explanation, and came in with a high bid and long wait for them to do the proposed job. Carl Hancock from Flying Colors showed up on time for the scheduled estimate, was nice and professional and provided us with a very reasonable bid before he left. Needless to say we chose Flying Colors and were extremely pleased with their work. They were able to get us scheduled the very next week and did a great job of painting our livingroom, kitchen and hallways in just two days. I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Interior paint

Work Completed On 07/17/2018

Thank you for your kind review. It is our goal to serve our customers and not only meet, but beat their expectations. I'll pass on your kind words to the painters and Carl. Dan

06/12/2018

Peggy G.

They did an excellent job. They sent a hard-working crew that got the work done earlier than expected. They were informative at every stage of the project.

Description of Work
I had two bathrooms and the master bedroom painted.

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

Thank you for this great review [Member Name Removed]. It is our goal to always meet or exceed the expectations of our customers. I'll pass on this encouragement to our crews. They love hearing from happy customers. Dan

06/08/2018

Lori D.

couldnt be more pleased! great job.Fast ,clean, kind workers. Dont go anywhere else. this company is the best. This is our 4th time using their service. interior and exterior. both where great

Description of Work
painting the interior of our kitchen and dining room.

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! I'm glad we were able to get you taken care of again! Happy customers like you are what we want to be all about! Dan

04/17/2018

Carol W.

I can't say enough good stuff about Flying Colors. First of all, they're a locally owned family business with high standards--and customer service that comes second only to doing a quality job. They're not the cheapest in town, but I would say they're probably the best you can get in the Olympia area. My maple cabinets are 25 years old, but in good shape. For my kitchen renovation project I wanted them painted white. I got several bids, and Flying Colors came in at the high end. After several discussions with Carl, their estimator, I decided I wanted an art quality, and I definitely got it. My cabinets are gorgeous, flawless, and look like they came from the factory. Aside from doing great work, Lynn and team were always on time, professional, great communicators, and skillfully did what they said they would do, plus some. I can't thank Lynn enough for her true art. Project manager Murph was helpful at trouble-shooting and behind the scenes organization--consistently upbeat, positive and hands-on when needed. I was on the scene most of the time for the in-home part of the project, and was impressed by how respectful and friendly the workers were to one another and to their company. To me, this is an excellent sign of a well managed company: if workers are happy employees, they're being treated well. When all was said and done, I think I got a bargain. My newly updated kitchen has increased the resale value of my home, and I give Flying Colors most of the credit for a successful renovation. I will definitely call Flying Colors for painting projects in the future.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom cabinets painted

Work Completed On 04/06/2018

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We love hearing from our customers! I'll be sure to pass on all of these great complements to Murph, Lynne and the team that worked on your project. Our goal is to create "raving fans" and from the sounds of it we have met our goal! Welcome to the Flying Colors family. Dan

11/04/2017

Robert K.

They were very helpful working us into their schedule despite weather challenges. They identified numerous area where rotting wood needed to be replaced before it was painted. Our previous painter just painted over the rot so it looked good initially but didn’t last long. That made their price low but gave us lots of problems a year later.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of home.

Work Completed On 11/04/2017

Thank you so much for this fantastic review! I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the team. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to serve you and your family. Dan

09/26/2017

Dennis K.

They were very professional from start to finish on both projects. the outside was delayed one week due to rain but they were back to finish detailing as soon as weather permitted

Description of Work
Inside of home was painted first. Then a month later we had them paint the outside of our home

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

Thank you so much for allowing us to serve you and your wife. We are proud of the work our crews do and it is wonderful to know they did such a remarkable job. I'll be sure that they see your kind words. It means so very much. Dan

06/14/2017

Coleman P.

Flying Colors done an excellent job of painting of my house. They kept in contact to schedule the painting around the rain in the northwest

Description of Work
House painting

Work Completed On 06/14/2017

Thank you for your kind review. It is always wonderful to hear from great customers like you. I'll be sure to pass your kind d words on to the painters.

05/12/2017

Linda & Brian W.

Great! They were polite, professional, punctual. clean and good communicators. We are very happy with the finished product!

Description of Work
We had them paint our house.

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

Review for Flying Colors Painting Co. - 6223 Martin Way E., Olympia, WA - 35035071

Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to post this review. Dan

04/25/2017

Pamela R.

Went well. Two very professional painters did the work in less than a day.

Description of Work
Interior painting of kitchen and dining room

Cost $1,200.09

Work Completed On 04/17/2017

Thank you for the great review! Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I am glad to see we have met your expectations. Dan

04/05/2017

Colleen B.

Excellent!! Kept work areas very clean and accommodated family schedules.

Description of Work
Had my kitchen, kitchen cabinets, dining room, living room, laundry room, and hall painted, as well as my back door. They also repaired a few areas of my drywall and retextured.

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/02/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! I'm glad to hear that we served you and your home well! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this wonderful review. We look forward to serving you and your home again. On behalf of the Flying Colors Team, Dan

04/03/2017

W G.

Their service and quality of work is amazing. They truly know their business, and stand behind their work. I recently had them out for an inspection, expecting it was time to repaint. They persuaded me a simple wash down with some touch-up would be sufficient. Their man said,"I want you get at least another 7 years out of this job we performed 7 years ago."

Description of Work
Interior, and exterior house painting

Work Completed On 03/28/2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this review! I am glad we were able to take good care of you and your home! Your kind words will be passed on to the team. Dan

11/04/2016

Mary T.

Absolutely wonderful. Painter was very timely. She cleaned up all areas after working. Precise and accurate painting.

Description of Work
Interior painting of great room, kitchen, hall, stairwell, two story entry way, two skylights, and all ceilings of same areas. Wall board repair required in several places .

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/29/2016

Thank you for the positive feedback! I will definitely pass it along. Take care, and we look forward to however we can help you in the future!

10/05/2016

Jim U.

Really good. A little misunderstanding on how long it would take. They were very accommodating during our business hours. They were able to fit us in on the spur of the moment during our short painting window of Summer.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of our offices.

Category drywall, house painters

Work Completed On 07/25/2016

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you letting us know about the miscommunication; we consistently are conscious of how we communicate pertinent details like timing, so it's good to know when it works and when it doesn't. Glad it didn't put too much of a monkey wrench in things, and we hope you'll consider hiring us in the future!

07/12/2016

Don K.

Though the highest among four estimates, we picked Flying Colors after judging Carl Hancock's approach to painting the exterior and first-floor interior of our house to be the most professional we received. As work progressed, we found that all the company's employees listened patiently and took seriously our desires as owners, treating the house with respect as our home rather than the attitude common to most crews - as just a work site. An emphasis on customer service clearly starts at the top and pervades the company. From prep to final punch list resolution, we couldn't have been more pleased with Flying Colors. Each day of the 3-week project started with the lead painter sharing an overview of the day's plan and ended with an invitation to inspect the daily progress. They not only painted the exterior and trim, but made small repairs as necessary and installed flashing everywhere the roof design forced excess rainwater onto wood. They took the time to caulk every seam between Hardy planks and hand-painted most of a large lattice area under our primary deck. We consulted with a decorator they recommended for the interior walls to choose colors and employ design ideas with which we are exceedingly satisfied. The painters didn't cease work until we were completely satisfied with the result. Not only does the house now look great inside and out, but my wife and I are certain it is prepared to withstand the assaults of northwestern weather for decades to come. The bill for this large project exceeded $20, 000, but we are confident we received great value for our money. I recommend Flying Colors without reservation for all painting projects - from smaller painting jobs to larger ones like our house. Their skills and attitudes made what could have been a long, invasive process go by quickly and painlessly.

Description of Work
Exterior and interior painting of our 4,600 sq. ft. house.

Work Completed On 05/16/2016

Thank you for your kind words. We take pride in the jobs we do, and it was our pleasure to serve you and your family.

03/29/2016

Marta L.

We chose Flying Colors because they had good reviews on Angie's List. We are glad we did. Carl, the estimator arrived as scheduled. His estimate was informative and addressed our concerns. We would have liked an earlier date for the work to begin. It was worth waiting to get the job done. A color match needed to be done and Carl took two samples from the master bedroom wall. The subsequent repair of that space is the only thing that was not excellent. We still have two indentions in the wall where the two samples were taken. Having said that, the paint match was perfect and everything else that was done was outstanding. The two rooms that were completely painted including walls and ceilings were beautifully done. These two rooms had been previously painted by a non-professional and most of the prior issues were covered. There were some places where the prior paint job had extended onto vinyl windows, etc. that could simply not be covered. We were thrilled that Blaine was able to fix and cover as much as he could. The room where we asked Blaine to paint only three of the walls actually came out better than we thought possible. The previous paint job had uneven lines at the ceiling and at the accent wall. We are still not sure how Blaine was able to work with these so that they are hardly noticeable. Blaine worked on our project for three days. This was exactly what Carl told us to expect. Blaine was courteous, hard working went "above and beyond" to ensure we were happy with the finished job. We would definitely choose Flying Colors again and we are pleased enough that we would specifically request Blaine again.

Description of Work
Painted 3 rooms in our house

Work Completed On 11/25/2015

01/22/2016

Stephen G.

Excellent job very well done and competitively priced. We are very happy with the work performed.

Description of Work
Painted our 4 bedroom home

Work Completed On 09/10/2015

11/06/2015

Alexandra G.

It all went very well. Workers showed up around 8 a.m. They were sure to call whenever they had questions. Work is well done--the walls look great. Very customer-oriented company.

Description of Work
Two coats to an open space with 12 ft. ceilings.

Work Completed On 11/05/2015

09/23/2015

Bob H.

Scheduled painting within 2 weeks of call. Washed complete exterior of house, scraped and primed where necessary. Returned promptly to mask and paint walls and trim. Cleanup was excellent, no damage to shrubs or landscaping. Personnel were friendly, courteous, and professional. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Painted complete exterior & trim on 3300 Sq. Ft. home.

Work Completed On 09/03/2015

06/17/2015

Dawn L.

We've been very happy with them. We're using them right now for the third year in a row. I manage a condo association. We paint a section of the community. We paint for five years on a row, we're on years three with them. They have very good customer service. They're very good with working with the elderly. It's $1800 a unit. They're duplexes, each side is 9 and 1500 square feet. I think they're on the high-end and I think we knew that but we're willing to pay it because their service is good.

Description of Work
They're doing about a dozen units. They're just doing the exterior. They're doing the prep for that, pressure washing etcetera.

Work Completed On 06/17/2015

03/01/2015

Simone J.

The paint job was excellent; communication very good;

Description of Work
Painted my two story 1850 sq ft house; two sides badly weathered so lots of prep; other sides fine shape. Included small front deck and railing. Then, in winter, I needed my motion sensor light checked because it wasn't working. I couldn't say it was due to anything Flying Colors did, but Dustin came over and put in a fair piece of time helping me figure out the problem. Very personable and thorough. He did more than he had to.