Foss Heating & Cooling

Founded 1974 • With Angi since August 2010

333 E Blackburn Rd A

Mount Vernon, WA 98273

We have been serving the area since 1974. We are certified Trane Comfort Specialists and Mitsubishi Diamond Contractors which means we have been identified by those companies for our exceptional install and maintenance of the products we sell. Our service staff is NATE certified. We currently have a staff of sixteen people....

10/04/2019

Travis C.

I bought a furnace from them which came with my first service free, they failed to show up at my 6 mo and didn't check in until year 2 where I showed up in their marketing system to try to get me to re-activate and buy into a service plan. Then when I did have an issue, I called because my furnace is still under warranty. They come out to tell me what I told them, my thermostat is dead and needs replacing. Did they bring the part? Nope, and that still cost me $160. On top of that they said it would be a second service fee plus labor to bring the part back the next day and install. Then they thought they could get cute. Since I was going to be out about $350 bucks for a warranty replacement they said I could sign up for a service plan today to save $10-20 because they would just count this as 2 of my 3 service visits. Since I wasn't able to be there, as I'm taking my fiancee to the doctor to get diagnosed with cancer the service member gladly took the cc# from my son and automatically enrolled me because he was doing me a favor.

Description of Work
Replacement warranty thermostat

02/20/2019

Linda P.

This is the third time we have used Foss in the last four years. Your technicians have always been professional, knowledgeable, and respectful. Today Andre came out and did not disappoint. He maintained the high level of professionalism we have come to respect. He was able to answer our multiple questions, explain what he had done and what to expect. Thank you again for maintaining a high quality organization."

Description of Work
Gas Fireplace maintenance and remote control on/off installation

Category fireplaces

01/30/2019

Kenneth S.

Thermostat failed during night. ? if thermostat or gas forced air. Heat. Call just before 8am. Service just after 10am. Replaced thermostat after troubleshooting. Did a service on furnace. Suggested furnace may be oversized for house. 14+ years old; therefore will have one of the specialist come evaluate furnace further & recommend options for upgrading or replacing. service was very professional & fast. Any sales component for upgrade is segregated to another person who specializes in that area. Andre made clear he was trained only in service & others in the company specialized in other facets of the business. He called back in 1 to 2 weeks to be certain everything was working correctly for us. Appreciate prompt professional service with offer of follow up evaluation, but no pressure to use that service.

Description of Work
Trouble shoot gas furnace failure

11/13/2018

Norman T.

Replaced furnace filter system and air cleaner, brought plumbing and install up to code. Most importantly found and repair intermittent small, but scary gas leak that several had tried to hunt out before. Dug deeper into the install that others did and kept working util they foiling it. The install is clean and neat. It s working well and October gas bill is down significantly from last year. Air cleaner doing what they promised and really helped with the smoke of last summer.

Description of Work
Replace furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,gas leak repair

11/29/2017

Paul D.

They are highly professional. Someone always answered our calls, and they arrived in the time window they said they would. They identified and solved our heating problems efficiently. Brett is a skilled heating & cooling system technician. I would definitely use them again, and would recommend them to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
We contacted Foss because we had a heat pump problem in November 2017 at our Mt. Vernon residence.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We strive to provide this level of service every time. Please let us know if there is anything else you need.

04/13/2017

Sharon M.

It went very well. My furnace is located in an area where it is a very tight squeeze so it is not very easy to move around. Everyone I had contact with from Foss was very professional. Everyone was prompt and went out of their way to make sure I knew what they were doing and why. They did not leave anything undone and cleaned up after themselves, something I could never train my family to do.

Description of Work
Removed old and replaced with new furnace in my residence.

11/21/2016

Margie A.

They've been great. The products they install were of high quality. Whenever we have issues, they have a very quick response time.

Description of Work
They do routine maintenance service for us on our AC units and tank-less water heater, as well as our gas fireplaces.

11/06/2015

Jessica C.

My furnace wasn't working reliably, it would turn on for about 15 minutes then switch off and the house would not heat up. I found Foss on Angie's List and called to make an appointment. They were pretty booked, the first available time was between 12 and 4 today, which wasn;t ideal, but I agreed, hoping it would be done inbetween the times I needed to go get my children from school. They called and said they were nearby and would I mind them coning early. They came about 10:30 and were done in about an hour. They were very kind and professional, they explained what was totally necessary and what could wait and also ways to save me money for their service. they worked with me on the price to make it as reasonable as possible and left my house toasty warm. Thanks Foss, I will for sure be using you i the future

Description of Work
diagnostic and precision tuneup.

09/11/2015

Cynthia H.

There were many, many issues during the transaction/service. The one that remains is the persistent leak down the stovepipe. Foss refused to use my existing ducting when they replaced the fireplace. Ever since installation, I have had leaking every single time we get heavy rains. They have been out numerous times to "recaulk" and "remedy", to no avail. They even went so far as to say that I was overwatering the (one succulent) plant in the room and that is what was causing the leak. Are you kidding me?? No resolution, no follow-up. I now have to hire a roofer to repair the leak and then will have to go through the ordeal of seeking reimbursement from Foss. Nothing but a nightmare. Would absolutely not recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced gas fireplace and ducting.

05/27/2015

John B.

The technician seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. Did the work he said was needed and make his recommendations. I felt the price was a little high, but the workmanship made it worth while.

Description of Work
Installed a new heating coil in water heater and serviced heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Washington Energy Services

Washington Energy Services has been helping homeowners throughout Western Washington save money and live more comfortably since 1957. As one of the largest home improvement companies in the Seattle-Tacoma area, we are able to provide you with top quality products and services, installed by our professional craftsmen. Our free in-home estimates ensure you get the right product for your home. We'll be with you through all aspects of your project-from the purchase decision, expert installation, quality maintenance and service and even warranty work should you need it. We assist with permits and rebates, too. Give Washington Energy Services a call today to learn more or to schedule your service.

CEDAR SERVICES

We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today!

J and L Mechanical

J and L Mechanical Proud HVAC Countractor serving Whatcom and Skagit County.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Gas furnace install and maintenance, heat pump install and maintenance, air conditioning install and maintenance, retrofit and new construction heating and cooling systems, water heater install and maintenance.

Duct cleaning, chimney sweeping, electrical, plumbing.