STATE ROOFING INC

Founded 1968 • With Angi since April 2005

4.4

431 N KELSEY ST

Monroe, WA 98272

State Roofing has installed over 60,000 projects since 1968. Residential and commercial roofing, deckings, siding, windows, and painting, State Roofing can help you with your home improvement needs....

05/26/2019

ronald F.

Had to replace my 33-year-old roof with new shingles. I knew it wasn't going to be cheap been out of the market for a long time. Did a lot of research online ,state roofing had excellent grades and reviews. The salesperson came out the very next day very polite very knowledgeable. Had other bids that were a little bit cheaper but decided to go with state moving because of the reputation and longevity. Had a break in the weather a crew came out and took my old shingles off in one day they were here for about 12 hours did a good job. Two days later they delivered the shingles and two guys finished the job in two days, they were very efficient and friendly and answered all my questions. The cleanup was also excellent, wouldn't hesitate to recommend these guys to anyone, good job! And if I ever need a warranty service I know they will be there.

Description of Work
Install new shingle roof

10/23/2018

Conrad J.

Came out and gave a bid, good company, fair price.

Description of Work
Easy roofing bid

10/03/2018

Tobyn F.

Apparently the men who love to roof do not love to respond to requests for quote on Angie's list. I requested quotes from several companies on the same day. All of them have been by for a visit and a quote except for State Roofing who never replied. It has been two weeks and nothing from them.

Description of Work
New roof quote.

04/18/2018

Dennis R.

Kevin & crew did a great job tearing off 3 layers of 94 yr old roof (shingles & 2 layers of comp.) & removing an old chimney, while protecting our plants & our neighbors as well. Our location made it difficult to remove the debris, but his crew did a great job in spite of wind storms & rain. John & Shane installed the standing seam metal roof while braving wind & rain and did a great job of installing flashing around our primary chimney. The cleanup (grounds & gutters) was excellent. It looks great & it will last a very long time.

Description of Work
Roof tearoff & standing seam metal roof installed

11/27/2017

daniel F.

we cancelled the job due to their breech of contract

Description of Work
rer ,,they made a quote and we accepted reroof of house. they came back and said that they did a reexamine and could not fix leak part unless we had the installers ccome back and take the skylights off. they have been on the roof dor 30 plus years and already been thru 1 reroof.

09/15/2017

Robert A.

We recently used State Roofing to build our deck. The construction work on the deck was done very efficiently and it's very high quality. We had a little bit of issue with going back and forth on change orders that we're a little frustrated with which is what drops it down to a "B" but other than that the work on the deck was very well done.

Description of Work
They built a deck.

Category decks

03/14/2017

Brad P.

The sales guy (forgot his name) was a really good guy. He was knowledgeable, prompt, and professional. I felt that he had a lot of experience and knowledge and would have felt very comfortable hiring them. I got 8 bids for my 4000 sq. foot home with a very steep (12/12) pitch roof with 50 squares of roofing material. They came in last (by a long shot) as far as pricing. I paid about $30k and they were $60k! They are the only company of the 8 who does not use CertainTeed products. They have their own rubberized material that is made to their specs. I'm not saying that is good or bad, just a difference from everybody else. Right off the bat the sales guy said they were going to be expensive. He said they were not very competitive for steep, difficult roofs like mine. He gave me a quick ballpark and I said don't even bother but he proceeded to give me a bid anyway. That was nice of him considering it was late in the day and he drove up from the south end to Bellevue. If I were him I'd have bailed and tried to beat traffic. Very nice guy, just not competitive. At all.

Description of Work
Replace cedar shake roof with composition roof

02/06/2017

Thomas B.

They sent as many as four people on a given day over three days of work. They didn't leave the area as clean as they did years before when i used them. They could have done better at keeping us informed as to when they would come out. They said it would be three to six weeks for work, and didn't check back in until it was almost two weeks out. They could have cleaned the area better, there were a couple of things that weren't perfect the first time that the owner ended up coming out to fix. So they were punctual in that sense.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof.

02/06/2017

Thomas B.

I was impressed that it was first rate when installed and is in good shape to this day. Low maintenance. There were two or three workers who finished in about two days. They were professional and cleaned up perfectly after themselves. They kept in good touch by showing up when they said they would. They've been in business a long and have been consistent.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof on my garage.

11/17/2016

Frank M.

We bought a home in 2012 with a euro slate roof. Unfortunately the previous owners had never transferred the roof's warranty from the people they had bought the home from and all the paperwork has been lost over the years. Fast forward to now. Our roof has a leak around the plumbing stack. State Roofing is the only company in the area that deals with this type of roof and they have been impossibly rude about the whole thing. The woman I spoke to basically hung up on me after finding out I didn't have a warranty. She did ask for my phone number but I was unsurprised when I never received a call back. Luckily I found a smaller company willing to come to my house. Those contemplating a new Euro Slate roof won't run into my warranty issue, but I would like to say my roof is about 15 years old and has had two leaks in the past 4 years. I'm extremely skeptical it will last all that much longer.

Description of Work
Roof leak repair.

03/23/2016

Jodie G.

Once we got a break in the weather all this work only took 5 days. The new roof looks great and it's a lifetime warranty for as long as we own the house. Everyone we worked with sales - scheduling - installation was great. They answered all of our questions and were friendly and responsive. I hope I never need another new roof again but if I do I will definitely call State Roofing.

Description of Work
replaced failing TPO membrane roof with standing seam metal roof plus new plywood subroof, new external gutter system, new air intake vents and ridge vents, treatment of beams for mold/fungus and venting of kitchen and bathrooms through new roof

Category gutter repair,roofing

08/20/2015

Deborah S.

I had seen many ads for State Roofing and knew they were in my area, so I called them to make an appointment for an estimate. Mr. Farina came to our home and sat for 2 hours giving us the history of the company and their ratings. We have a shake roof now, but were thinking about other options. Mr.Farina explained to us that many of the manufacturers of composite roofing materials had started producing shingles that were sub-standard for installation. He explained how State Roofing had their own materials custom made, hence more expense for materials. After the two hour speal I was convinced their company would do a professional job and we would be happy with the materials along with the labor. Then he hit us with the price of $75,000.He told us our roof area was 5200ft. and we have a very steep roof angle. But $75,000? After he could see that we balked at that price he came up with some other options, the lowest of $57,319. My husband and I were so flabbergasted that we could barely speak. This meeting was just for an estimate, but after spending 2 hours with us, trying to convince us that his company was the best option, Mr. Farina seemed disappointed when we didn't sign right up. This was the first company we had gotten an estimate from. We have been afraid to get another estimate after this meeting. We were in shock for weeks.

Description of Work
This was just for an estimate on a roof replacement.

10/28/2014

John S.

The quote for water proofing about 500 sq ft of roof was $17,100. I got quotes from 2 others for the same thing, one was $1,700 and the other was $1,900. This was not a typo since he gave it verbally and in writing. I guess state roofing was hoping I was stupid.

Description of Work
Roofer gave me a quote on water proofing a portion of a flat roof.

10/14/2014

cathy C.

We are still very happy and occasionally we still comment on how good they were. We went with a really high end material called Euro Slate. We live in a flight pattern and after they installed it, we can't hear a thing. We had a cedar shake roof and the Euro Slate is actually waterproof so we don't have to worry about a fire. I asked him about it and he didn't even use that as a sales tool. They have other products but this was a more expensive product. They were very swift as far as sending out an adequate number of workers. They descended on the place like a well organized army. They had the materials delivered the same morning and by the time they left, they had everything cleaned up and there was no mess left behind. Within about 6 months we noticed a buzzing sound inside the wall in a bathroom. It turn out that wasps or hornets had infiltrated the wall and created a nest. They came out and fixed it instantly without any complaints. We are delighted with it even years ago. We would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
We used them for roofing.

09/30/2014

Jeniece S.

High on estimate and could not provide financing as promised.

Description of Work
Estimate/Financing to replace roof.

09/03/2014

Harvey J S.

They did a great job! They were totally professional, constantly communicating with us about the job. The crew was great and they were right on time!

Description of Work
They did the entire roof, took it all the way down to the original plywood, including the garage. We'd installed a new solar panel system which required the roof to be replaced.

08/04/2014

John H.

It was well presented, but took a very long time (almost 3 hours at out kitchen table) and was higher pressure than what we were expecting. Good technical info, but the numerous follow up calls put us off a bit. We might use them, but only after doing research on other firms that aren't so high pressure. The salesman was very good and knew his products well. We just need to decide if we can afford the product and this vendor

Description of Work
Provided quotation for roof replacement

07/07/2014

mike B.

The estimator stayed on the ground and measured the house, and from that estimated the roof area. Then gave an estimate for a metal roof.

Description of Work
Provided a roofing estimate.

06/23/2014

stephanie R.

Out of 5 bids, this was double all of the other four bids. Alarmingly overpriced!

Description of Work
Bid for replacing cedar roof with comparable cedar product

05/30/2014

Gail C.

when they came to do my roof they told me the garage wasnot included. its a very small rambler and i had been led to believe that it was inclusive. they had measured both my house and garage when they gave me the estimate. they had already started tearing off the roof of my house when they told me the garage was not included. so i really had no choice. the workers were great but the sales person was not

Description of Work
new roof

05/28/2014

Misti R.

Did a great job and it looks beautiful.

Description of Work
New roof on house and garage

05/22/2014

Mary L.

Worth the extra $ because moss will not grow on it. State Roofing is an excellent locally owned Co. They are efficient, organized and do not waste time. The clean up was well done. They finished the job ahead of schedule, and it looks beautiful.

Description of Work
Removed old roofing 1 and 2 layers. Replaced with RubberLast50 their exclusive product.

04/29/2014

Barb Z.

We were the Seattle Garden Show looking at company's that did deck design. There weren't many there, but State Roofing was one of them. I contacted them and they immediately set up a date to come to the house to talk about the details. After the first meeting, we agreed that we wanted an estimate done on redoing our 1,000 sq. ft deck. They had plenty of materials, photos of past jobs, and suggestions. We felt very comfortable working with them. Unfortunately, their bid came in much higher than the other 4 companies we received bids from, so chose not to have them do the job.

Description of Work
We had contacted State Roofing to get an estimate for getting our deck redone. Even though we did not go with them, we were very impressed with their customer service and knowledge.

04/25/2014

Michael S.

We were not happy with the quote. I think they really gave us a high price. They were just like salesman, selling us expensive products, and didn't even look at the roof. They came in the evening which was questionable because you can not see the roof. They gave us the quote immediately. It's the worst but they were punctual and on time. Overall, we were not really happy with everything and the whole company itself.

Description of Work
We got a quote from State Roofing for roofing services.

01/17/2014

Pamela C.

They put on a new roof for us. It is recycled rubber that looks like slate. This has a 50 year guarantee and they provided that warranty for us. It took them about a day and a half to put that on; they did not have to tear anything off. They had very good clean up as well. They were efficient and did their job fast and well. We chose to get an expensive roof and they able to special order that for us. They are the only dealer of the product in the area.

Description of Work
They put on a new roof for us. It is recycled rubber that looks like slate.

Supreme Drywall Services

New Owner-Operated company with work experience of 7+ years. We are a Seattle and surrounding area based service company. Specialize in: Single family homes, New Construction, Commercials, and Remodel additions. Drywall installation and Finish (hang, tape, sand, and texture)

PERDUE BUILDERS & SUPPLY INC

Perdue Builders & Supply, Inc. is located in Bothell, Washington. We are locally owned and operated and have been serving Washington state for more than 20 years. We are licensed, bonded & insured and also a member of the Better Business Bureau. The quality of our craftsmanship and relationships with our customers is something in which we take great pride. Our competitive pricing coupled with our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee allows Perdue Builders & Supply, Inc. to stand out from the rest. We give our customers quality assurance they can count on for decades to come! As premier providers of top-quality siding and windows, we are committed to providing you the best in energy saving products and to solving all of your exterior home improvement needs. We also provide a complete range of services to complete your home improvement project including patio and sliding glass doors, decks, painting and more! We are a James Hardie Preferred Remodeler. Please note - depending on volume and schedule we may not be able to offer repair services.

Pacific Exteriors LLC

Pacific Exteriors LLC is the remodeling contractor you can trust for all of your siding installation needs in Greater Seattle and surrounding areas. We offer personal consultations, custom design services, and high-quality materials to upgrade your home’s exterior and increase curb appeal. Whether you’re looking to install brand new siding or simply want to repair some damage, Pacific Exteriors LLC is here for you with professional service that will keep your home looking great! Pacific Exteriors LLC is a BBB-accredited, James Hardie Master Elite company. We are a proud winner the annual James Hardie Presidents Club Award, the last 5 years in a row. The award is a prestigious recognition given out to only 20 companies in the entire country. If you’re looking for siding installation, exterior repairs, remodeling consultations, and more, we are the company best suited for your needs!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Roofing, windows, siding and decking