Hardwood Perfections

Founded 2000 • With Angi since April 2011

7107 77 Dr NE

Marysville, WA 98270

We are your local Puget Sound flooring specialist. We specialize in serving all your hardwood floor needs. Whether it is installation, repair, or refinishing, we are ready to provide you with superior quality craftsmanship. Feel free to contact us and we will provide you with a free estimate and professional insight regarding your project. "Quality You'll Stand On!"...

12/20/2018

Matthew N.

They do a good job, until there’s a problem. We had Hardwood Perfections install over 1000 sqft of pre-finished solid hardwood on the main levels of our house, and 500 sqft of laminate in the basement. The initial installation went well, with a few scheduling delays that were understandable because of the holidays. Everything seemed fine until the summer. With the rising temperature, a large portion of the laminate started lifting up off the floor, as much as 1-2 inches in a hallway. After a few calls and texts, they came out to have a look and determined they had installed it too tightly against the wall. With expansion from the summer heat, it presses against the wall and bows up. They promised they would have someone come out to fix it the following week. That was over 2 months ago, and they have not responded to multiple calls, texts, and messages since then. If you work with them, you’re rolling the dice that they get the installation right on the first try. If they do, you’ll have a good experience. If anything goes wrong, they do not stand behind their work. Given the complexity of getting a floor installation right, I recommend avoiding the uncertainty and looking elsewhere.

Description of Work
Hardwood and laminate floor installation

10/18/2017

Beverly S.

A few small places needed to be filled in when they finished but they came back and did a good job on the repairs.

Description of Work
I tore out all my carpet and had hardwood floors installed. They did a great job of transitioning my 30 year old hardwood kitchen floor smoothly into the new floor. The old floor was sanded and the entire floor was stained a very light color. It's beautiful and the project was completed on time and within budget.

05/30/2017

Christine K.

Their commitment to excellence and craftsmanship really stood out and their accessibility and customer service were the best. We are very happy with their work and would give them the highest recommendation.

Description of Work
The team at Hardwood Perfections did an amazing job of finishing our 94 year-old hardwood floors.

04/07/2017

Shawn R.

Went great! Perfect!!! Love the floors and can't wait to have him back to finish our upstairs!

Description of Work
Vlad and crew came in to patch existing hardwoods where a wall had been removed. He then sanded and restained the entire area -- kitchen, dining room and living room. He even custom mixed a stain to please us!

02/10/2017

Jeffrey M.

I will try to point out strictly the facts about my experience and not exaggerate. Long story short, please do not consider using Hardwood Perfections. Here is how I needed their services and what I experienced. We had water damage in our kitchen. The whole main floor was hardwood, except the bedrooms. There was a ~150 square foot section of kitchen floor that would have to be replaced. I was also about to install hardwood in the bedrooms and decided to have them perform that install and finishing since they were already doing some work at the house. To be upfront, I mistakenly bought unmatched wood for my bedrooms, but was okay with that since they're separate rooms. Looks okay going from hallway to a bedroom. In case there's a rebuttal, I want this clearly stated up front. Here are the problems: Kitchen: They used the wrong wood. Wood did not even closely match what was near it. And the installers never even bothered to ask or check... they just installed it and left it to me to figure it out. We eventually negotiated a discount, but before even landing on what that discount would be, the owner, Vlad, was threatening to put a lien on my house. Again, we had not yet even come to final bill and he's threatening that. Also in the kitchen, since the floor cabinets and island were all pulled out, when they installed the new wood, the installers cut the electrical wiring nearly flush with the floor. The challenges in this were discovered when an electrician went to reinstall the island outfit and did not have enough wire. This was a significantly more expensive electrical cost. This was discovered well after we had settled on our bill. Sadly I did not take into account what else you'll see below, or the electrical issue they caused. Bedroom number one: once complete, they left the closet doors in the garage. But they did screw down the holder into the floor. Turns out those closet doors no longer fit. I have to get new ones. They should have measured and informed us. They did not. And again, they just left this for me to discover on my own. Bedroom number two: they did notre-attach the guide for closet doors, so they just swing in and out. Sure, I can install that, but why skip that? There were a few water bottles and balls of tape left on my front porch. Not a big bag or pile, but several pieces of trash left to blow around. They finished the entire floor. The new floor in the kitchen, the new floor in the bedrooms, and the rest of the existing floor to match. The finish itself is fine, but the installers managed to bump and scuff nearly every single wall. I had to spend several hours painting over the wall marks as I couldn't get the marks to scrub off the newly painted walls. On the positive side, they're not against shifting costs from the personal side of the project (out of pocket) to the insurance-billed side of the project. Though I do believe that that may be considered insurance fraud... If you're okay with that, then they might help you that way. Long story short: -Wrong wood used and they didn't bother to check -Did not inform that closet doors may not fit and left to discover to customer -Did not complete re-install of other closet doors -Trash left out -Careless with banging and marking up walls -Financially threatening

Description of Work
Water damage fixed. New floors installed in bedrooms.

Category hardwood floor

08/02/2016

Caroline M.

Excellent work, very professional, and fair/competitive pricing. Wonderful to work with.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood floors in several rooms.

07/23/2016

Shifan W.

They are very easy to work with. I put hardwood floor in entire house, both upstairs and downstairs. In the whole process they showed professionalism, patients in educating the homeowner, care for top quality work, and complete the job in a timely fashion. After job they clean the area as much as they could. I would hire them again in the future if needed. A++ installer with a good price.

Description of Work
Install hardwood floor for entire home.

06/27/2016

Kathryn E.

The laminate came out great and HP's price was very competitive. Just two things were wanting, both with their own caveats: 1) Floors have some hills and valley in spite of extra effort and cost to level them. This could be due to limitations on how much leveling can be done in a condo. I trust that the leveling was sufficient to protect laminate from buckling. 2) Very little cleaning done afterwards. Construction dust everywhere. I would have liked them to clean more, although since we had painters coming in shortly after it's possibly they thought the painters would do it for them. Because of those two items, I have rated them a B in quality, although its' closer to a B+ or A- in reality. I worked with Vlad and he was very trustworthy. He came back to polish off a couple tasks even though I had already paid him the full amount.

Description of Work
Demo carpet, tile; install laminate; fix area of floor

Category flooring contractor

05/13/2016

Dan L.

Great experience. I had some minor damage left by a housekeeper. She left a steam cleaner sitting on the wood floor and it discolored the surface. Vlad worked with me over the phone. I sent him pictures of the damage and he said it looked like it could be fixed. When he arrived he was very friendly and said he might be able to fix it and went right to work. Lucky for us, the repair only took a few minutes and our floor looks good as new. I would highly recommend Hardwood Perfections.

Description of Work
Fixed damaged hardwood floor.

04/18/2016

Alisa G.

Overall, we are really, really happy with the end results! Our new floors are gorgeous, and look exactly like what we were hoping for. Getting the quote and then ordering the materials took a couple of weeks. Install happened over a few different days. Prior to scheduling, we had emptied both bedrooms and removed the carpet, padding and tack strips ourselves, plus primed and painted the bedrooms, leaving them ready for flooring install, so they could start as soon as they were ready. (It was a lot of prep work, and our daughters didn't really enjoy living out of boxes for a few weeks, but were excited for the finished results.) The stairs were first, and the two installers basically rebuilt the entire staircase, because we had purchased the white risers and bamboo treads as part of the job. They look beautiful, and one unexpected bonus was that all of our creaking stairs no longer creak! The landing and bedrooms install happened over another two days because some of the materials arrived damaged and the installers had to wait for new materials to be ordered. They were great about communicating the material issue, and we didn't have to pay until the job was completely finished. We still have two more rooms and a hallway to complete the entire upstairs, and will definitely be calling them back in the near future to start on phase 2!

Description of Work
Matched existing strand woven bamboo to new flooring samples for us to replace old carpet on our stairs, second floor landing and two upstairs bedrooms with beautiful bamboo floors. We had installed bamboo floors in our formal dining room downstairs about 5 years ago, and wanted to replace our 15 year old carpet upstairs. We were worried that we wouldn't be able to match the existing bamboo, but Hardwood Perfections did great!

02/20/2016

Doug J.

Vlad was amazing. His team worked super long days (10:30 pm!) to get the job done in time for me to move in. He was flexible with me finding alternate materials that were cheaper and faster to ship. I was incredibly pleased with the level of service. My house doesn't have any right angles, so this wasn't an easy install at all - but most importantly my floors look great. I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Vlad installed sand-in-place engineered hardwood floors on roughly 2000 sq feet of my house.

11/03/2015

John T.

As a Design Professional, I asked all my G.C. clients who they use for hardwood floors on our remodel projects, and then interviewed the short list in our home. It had been twenty years since the red oak floors were installed and finished and there were some challenges, plus we wanted to patch new oak flooring into the existing. The patching and matching is what separates the skilled craftsmen from the installers. They removed the old vinyl flooring and subfloor, and all the baseboard trim (thank God they numbered everything) then aligned, patched and match the new with the old. Once finished you could not tell it was not always hardwood throughout. All the deep scratches and water damaged area's were either replaced or filled, sanded and once finished, you could never tell where the problem area's were. Vlad and his crew went above and beyond, and even Vlad and Stas came on a weekend to put back the appliances so we could get back in the house. A word of caution with Swedish finishes: don't be in a hurry to get back in the house, crank the heat up and turn on all your vent fans, then wait a few days. I'd highly recommend Vlad and Stas to all my clients and Contractors.

Description of Work
Refinished existing oak floors, added new oak flooring to the Kitchen and Laundry rooms, patched, matched and finished. Took out and reinstalled all appliances and millwork. Did a great job of taping up the house

08/15/2015

Kenneth M.

Great job - crew was professional and the quality of work was high. We are very happy with the installation and the service.

Description of Work
Installed 1000+ sq ft bamboo floor, prepared floor, made some repairs, removed carpet and refinished 3 bedrooms of hardwoods.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

06/08/2015

Kolton K.

Such great service and experience... And great price!

Description of Work
Such a great job with the estimate, install and experience. Vlad and his team were great and thorough!

05/06/2015

Durim T.

Vlad was incredibly attentive and responsive to us. We were able to get scheduled with him within 3 days upon giving him proper notice. They were there promptly at 7 AM every day, very professional and obviously had extensive knowledge and invaluable experience. They finished our home in 3 days total and were very careful to be clean. I had great expectations for Vlad and his crew because of the reputation he has built and I can honestly say, my expectations were exceeded. Fantastic job! I would definitely use them again and highly recommend Hardwood Perfections to anyone.

Description of Work
Replaced and matched about 20 sq ft of oak hardwoods where a wall was demolitioned. Sanded, wood-filler for cracks and scuffs, re-sanded, stained and 3 coats of Swedish finish over about 1,000 sq ft of oak hardwoods.

Category hardwood floor

02/18/2015

Dennis M.

Vlad and his team did an excellent job. Agree with all the previous A reviews. I am more than pleased the dedication and pride in work this company displays. Everything was done professionally and left really clean. They care about the satisfaction of the customer.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood flooring throughout the house.

01/17/2015

Beth D.

The were prompt and very clean, plus thorough with prep work. I was worried about dust from floor sanding and they covered everything perfectly. Everyday when they left the job it was neat and clean. The hardwood floors and stairs are perfect! They checked in at critical decision points to ensure my satisfaction. I was selling my house and it made a huge difference. I was also surprised when I could not get either of the people that had provided tile estimates to me to call back to schedule install - Vlad had a really expert tile person to install the tile. It looks terrific! Do not hesitate to use hardwood perfections for tile jobs too.

Description of Work
Redid the maple hardwood floors and trim, repaired under floor. He also bid a competitive price on tile floor install and picked up the tile and installed perfectly.

12/01/2014

Ernest K.

Stas and the team did an incredible job. They wove the new floors into the old floors in a seamless transition and look that is very appealing. Our floors look great! The team was on time and delivered as promised. I highly recommend these guys.

Description of Work
Installed new floor, sand and Stained old floor

10/28/2014

Donna H.

The new wood floor was an extension of the old and the floor had to be 'woven' so it matched and that was done so you cannot tell where the old leaves off and the new begins. Before the new floor could be installed a hump where old and new met had to be leveled out and again this was done seamlessly. We could not be happier with the outcome, the floor from the dining area, through the living room and down the hall is perfect. One of the finest jobs by a contractor I have ever had. Thank you Vlad, Dennis and Art. These guys were a pleasure to work with, punctual and professional, They know what their doing. I would recommend them to anybody. Looking at the floor just makes me smile.

Description of Work
Refinished existing wood floors and installed new.

10/27/2014

Eva F.

They did a great job but I thought they were going to put 2 coats of stain on the floors after sanding and they only put 1 coat of stain. It really needed to have 2 coats so I was not happy with that. The house went on the market the next week and we sold it right away. The new owners were fine with the wood floors.

Description of Work
Sanded and re-stained wood floors on main level of our home

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Thank you for the review, [member name removed]. I am very sorry, as I was not aware that you wanted another coat of finish. I had personally worked on that refinishing project and know for sure that we had applied 2 coats of finish. We never apply less then 2 coats of finish, on any kind of project. Again, very sorry for not asking the right questions and not offering a 3 coat of finish. Next time, if you do decide to use our company on a hardwood flooring project, the third coat of finish is on me. Sincerely, Vlad Nikolin Hardwood Perfections LLC

10/13/2014

Kent M.

Great service Stas went above and beyond! We hired them to repair water damaged hardwood flooring under our fridge which was caused by a bad install job. He was super responsive over the phone and gave us a very detailed assessment of the problem along with various options. He did extra work to determine the original flooring brand and stain to ensure we had a perfect match. He ordered it ahead of time and dropped it off a few days early to allow it to adjust to the humidity in the house. He was super careful removing the damaged flooring and very diligent to ensure that the new boards went in without any noticeable gaps. He redid a few sections when it didn't meet his standards. He even offered to help us patch up the dry wall section that was left open by an other repair. Even though things took a bit longer than expected, he never slowed down and got the job done. We were super happy with quality of the work and would recommend him to anyone who wants the job done right.

Description of Work
Removed water damaged hardwood, installed new flooring to match, and patched damaged drywall section.

09/13/2014

Sharon T.

Refinished kitchen, living room and hallway white oak hardwoods. They look beautiful. They had to pull up boards that had some water damage and did a nice job patching to match after we removed a wall. Overall a great team.

Description of Work
Refinished kitchen, living room and hallway white oak hardwoods. They had to pull up boards that had some water damage and did a nice job patching to match after we removed a wall.

08/25/2014

Ryan X.

I have done some research before I decide to start the project because it's very hard to repair a damaged floor and make it be the same as the existing part. I have sent mail to multiple providers and most of them just suggest me to refinish the whole floor which is much more expensive and the impact of the entire refinish is very big: I can't stay at home for several days or even longer. Vlad gave me the confidence that he could do the job perfectly. He came to my home to estimate and told me he could do it. I asked some questions and he showed very good knowledge on hardwood floor repair. So I decided to start the project. Vlad was busy during that time and because I had a long travel in the middle of June, he squeeze to the week before that. He came to my home in he morning and used around half day to finish the work. During the work, I was around because I was curious about the work and I was also still worried about the quality. He showed me very professional skill on entire process including properly tearing away the damaged part, installing new part properly and protecting the left part house. There was a gap between the old floor and new floor due to the cupping of the old floor and he used a superb skill to fix it by inserting a wood strip into it instead of using normal filling. This is very impressive. Vlad is also very polite and answer many questions by me during the time. At the end, the work was finished perfectly. The result is much beyond my expectation. I was hoping there was no noticeable difference between new parts and old part. And the actual result is, I can't even figure out which part is new and which part is old even very carefully looking at it. They are almost the same. Please see me attached pictures for detail. In a word, Vlad is great and I will definitely recommend him. If you have some damaged floor need to repair but don't want to refinish the whole floor, I recommend Vlad. He might not be able to guarantee the result will always be perfect like mine but he is definitely the best person you can try and trust.

Description of Work
Repair about 20 square feet water damaged wood floor. Tear away the damaged part, install new wood floor, sand and finish the new part to be the same as the old part.

07/09/2014

Terri V.

Vlad is the closest thing to a perfect contractor I've ever worked with. He treats every home like it's his own and he is very personable and easy to work with. The attention to detail and efficiency that Vlad and company have is first rate. I can't wait to have him out again. I really can't say enough positive things about him.

Description of Work
Patch about 20 square feet of missing hardwoods, sand down and refinish 430 square feet of hardwood flooring. Carpet 3 bedrooms and stairs - about 600 square feet.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

06/28/2014

Ahnalira K.

First, I attempted to send a query on their website, but my email wouldn't recognize the website email as "safe" so I ended up calling. I was happy with the estimate and scheduled the service. Vlad brought out his crew and introduced all of them. Then he left, and his crew did most of the work. They were very good at keeping mess to a minimum and cleaning up afterward, There was one miscommunication regarding scheduling. I called Vlad and he made it right. That, I think, is the mark of quality service. Everything was put back and cleaned up. The floor looks great!

Description of Work
We had 420 sq ft refinished and stained.

New Floors USA

New Floors USA is a Family flooring company with more than four decades of construction experience. Our idea is simple: we believe it should be easy, stylish, and cost-effective to find affordable, quality flooring that comes with excellent service. Every day, we do our best to bring that experience to our customers. Unlike other carpet and flooring companies, New Floors USA comes to you. During a free appointment, we’ll bring flooring options to you. We also take care of installation, answer your questions, offer a vast selection and keep your costs low. Quite simply, we do everything we can to make it easier for you to buy great floors at fantastic prices.

Maranatha Hardwood Floors

**5-TIME SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER**Maranatha Hardwood Floors is a well-established flooring contractor in Shoreline WA. Founded back in 1997, our flooring company has gained years of experience and has never failed to provide a true and reliable hardwood floor service. With an arsenal of tools and one of the most reliable companies in the region, we are ready to tackle any project, from hardwood installation to refinishing using Swedish or Waterborne finishes; always providing complete satisfaction.

ARTISAN HARDWOOD FLOORS

Proudly family owned and operated, Artisan Hardwood Floors was founded 12 years ago by Mike and his father. We strive to bring the highest level of care and craftsmanship to every project. Customer satisfaction and referrals have helped Artisan become a respected leader in the Seattle and Eastside markets. Artisan is an expert in all types of hardwood services and provides installation, sanding, refinishing, restoration and stair work. “We will go above and beyond to make your vision a reality on time and budget. I will personally be on site to make sure we live up to our reputation.” Mike Diep, Owner

HARDWPL883C2
    Washington State
    washington department of labor and industries
    03/13/2017
    Check, PayPal, Financing Available, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Supplier of all floor types, Hardwood floor installation, hardwood floor refinishing, hardwood floor resanding, hardwood floor repair, laminate flooring installation, cord floor installation, Carpet Installations, Tile installation