SUNDOWN SERVICES INC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since March 2009

11410 NE 124TH ST PMB 539

Kirkland, WA 98034

This company is a general contractor specializing in landscape construction and maintenance complete property maintenance for commercial, residential and real estate needs. Coupon offer valid for Military Families....

06/27/2014

Mark S.

Provided good service for many years.

Description of Work
They mowed and blowed for many years.

04/15/2013

Sandra K.

His work is fine.

Description of Work
We have used Mr. Sundown for our regular lawn maintenance for over a year now. A job that he does very well. He also did an exemplary job installing a pond and patio in our backyard last year. My problem with him is that he has a great relationship with my husband while I find him difficult and rude! Something I don't find very professional at all!

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment,leaf removal,mulch,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

01/12/2012

Maria M.

They were fine. Due to budget issues we did not continue the service after about a year. We have decided to maintain the yard ourselves for now.

Description of Work
They did yard maintenance for us for several months.

Category landscaping,lawn service

04/20/2011

Mark S.

I've used Sundown Services for several years and have consistently been happy with the service. In fact, I can't recall ever having any problems whatsoever.

Description of Work
In addition to the routine lawn maintenance that Sundown Services has been providing for me for several years, I've used them for landscaping projects that include expanding a lawn, removing trees, and re-contouring planting areas. Note: the price quoted above is my monthly rate for weekly/bi-weekly service (depending on the season).

Category landscaping,lawn service

12/14/2010

CATHERINE M.

We did not have a contract for the maintenance work. He is really nice to work with and he has a great staff. He himself came every time and supervised the work. He did a really good job but he was really expensive.

Description of Work
We have used Sundown Services numerous times starting in 2005. The last time we used them was in 2008. They helped my husband completely relandscape a very large yard. For follow up he did some maintenance for us.

08/19/2010

Maria M.

I hired them to come once a month. So far they have come 2-3 times and we are happy with the work.

Description of Work
clean up and landscape maintenance

Category landscaping

Thank you, we will keep trying for an A rating, there is always room for improvement: your yard will continue to get better and better...

04/01/2010

MARGARET B.

I contacted Sundown Services through Angie’s List because it has a good rating with Angie’s List as well as the BBB. I wanted to support a local small business that was eco-friendly, licensed, bonded, insured, and hires workers that are legal and speak English as a first language. Later, I found out that the eco-friendly label on Angie’s List doesn’t mean much. I assumed a few things that weren’t true—I was looking for someone who used only organic practices. Steve came out to give an estimate and was pleasant and knowledgeable and gave me several pruning suggestions. He sent me the proposal via e-mail and agreed to come out the next Monday. When I called him on Monday to get an idea of what time he was coming, he was very curt in his response and wouldn't give me a time. Things went downhill from there. When he did finally show up, he waved the proposal at me insisting I sign it so he could get to work right away. He was brusque to the point of being rude and refused to go over the details of the job saying I had already agreed to the proposal in an e-mail. It became obvious that we had some major personality differences. He had a couple of local youths working for him and I was impressed with how polite and hardworking they were. On the other hand, I was shocked when I looked out the window to see Steve ripping my favorite lilac tree out of the ground. He was unapologetic about it and stuck what was left of the trunk into the ground and told me to water it! After he left, I was in a panic realizing that he hadn’t listened very carefully to what I had wanted and that the proposal was extremely vague. Because of his arrogant attitude and some of the derogatory comments that he had made, I felt I couldn’t trust him. We had an unpleasant conversation on the phone that evening and even though he was willing to give me an estimate for scaling back the proposal, he repeatedly reminded me that I had already committed to the original estimate. He told me that he has a firm policy of not talking to clients after 6 pm and that I needed to have a check ready for the full amount before he did the second half of the job the next day. His crew arrived first thing in the morning as expected, with a truck full of Cedar Grove compost. Steve got angry when I tried to clarify some details about the areas that needed compost so he would have a better idea about what I really wanted. In his frustration, he attempted to walk out on the job and even told me that I didn’t have to pay him for it. I’m an honest person though, and felt that since he had already hauled the compost, I should give him the check and have him spread it whatever way he wanted to. His crew worked hard, did a good job, cleaned up the mess, and hauled away whatever had to go to the dump. My plants are blooming and healthy with all that great compost! Later he told me that he doesn’t usually do small jobs because he is a landscaper, not a gardener. I wish he had told me that in the first place! If you are the owner of a commercial property or a busy professional that is looking for someone to landscape and maintain your property for you, Sundown Services will probably do a good job. This is especially true if you like communicating via e-mail. If you are a home gardener, look around for someone else.

Description of Work
I am a home gardener and needed someone to do the heavy or difficult work that I can no longer do myself. I wanted someone to prune a cedar tree and a small lilac tree, dig up and remove a forsythia bush and an invasive lilac bush, enlarged the flower beds by cutting out small sections of lawn, haul and spread Cedar Grove Compost as a top-dressing on the planting beds.

Category landscaping

Hello, we do small and large jobs, we love working within our community, and it is unfortunate some people are impossible to please. We are not free; we work smart and provide a quality job. If you are new to this industry Sundown services falls between your local mower guy and your large landscape outfits. Basically we can do anything the big companies do, with a personal touch and better rates.

10/19/2009

susan T.

Steve was punctual and professional. He always let us know what and when the work would be done . They always cleaned up after they where done for the day. My yard looks amazing and I plan on using his services when needed again.l

Description of Work
cleaned up our very large landscaped yard and remulched. thatched and irrated our lawn,trimmed our trees,weeded , put pavers in our patio

Category landscaping

Thank you, If I could rate my clients you would be in the top ten...

04/13/2009

Judy S.

We could not be happier with Steve's design and the implementation. He took an area that was ho-hum and turned it into a beautiful landscape that is easy to care for and looks good year-round.

Description of Work
Steve designed and implemented a new front yard that had a significant slope from the house to the street. He listened to our ideas and put that to a design that was exactly what we had envisioned. The hardscape is wonderful and he had great suggestions about removing and/or moving existing plants. He replaced all lawn with hardscape and plants, and we could not be happier with his design and implemention work. He was more cost-effective than other designers we received plans and quotes from, and I felt his ideas were more in keeping with what we envisioned.

Category hardscaping

Thank you, find Sundown Services on face book pictures of your yard are there..

03/12/2009

Judy S.

Sundown Services did a good job; he does landscaping and yard maintenance. We liked the pricing, his design, and that he was very easy to work with. He helped us to come up with a plan for what would work best with our yard. I would use him again in the future for my landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Sundown Services did some landscaping for us. They totally re-landscaped our front yard.

Category landscaping

Thank you, I love your yard, could not have done it without your collaboration...

TAVO'S CONSTRUCTION & LANDSCAPE

Owner operated. We offer all aspects of landscaping and hardscaping services. We specialize in patios and outdoor kitchens, retaining walls, fountains, and outdoor fire pits!

Kitchen Door Landscaping

Dream it. We meet with you one on one to discuss how we can help you get more out of your yard. Maybe you’re looking for an outdoor space to relax in? Or do you want to be more self-sufficient and grow more food? Or you just want a beautiful and unique garden that is easy to take care of. Whatever your needs are we can help transform your vision into a reality. Design it. We take your ideas and turn them into a custom boutique design made for you. Our designers are experts on horticulture and know how to pick the right plants that are not only beautiful and unique, but meant to grow in the native landscape and climate. As far as everything else, we can incorporate any custom features you want —fire pits, raised beds, pergolas, trellises, fences, you name it! Build it. Once we’ve created a design that is perfect for you, our professional landscape team will see it through. We take care of all the materials, products, and manual labor, so you can sit back and take care of the things in your own life. Before you know it, your garden will be completely transformed. ****** Kitchen Door is a premium landscaping service for homeowners who want to transform their yard into something magical. We use proprietary designs fitted to the local ecosystem along with native and heirloom flowers, vegetables, fruits, and herbs to create a slice of sustainable paradise that elevates life outside and inside your home. Kitchen Door's regenerative landscaping strives to promote biodiversity and ecological restoration, support low water usage and edible gardens, and ultimately alleviate the environmental consequences of urbanization and industrialization in urban ecosystems.

Supremax Construction LLC

Landscape Bark Refurbishing, Lawn and Landscape Renovation, lawn Care, shrub care, tree care, Tree Removal, pruning, trimming, Pest Control, Prevention and Eradication, Pressure Washing (Roofs, Sidewalks, Decks, etc.), Roof & Gutter Cleaning, Small Construction Projects (Fences, Decks, Trellises, etc.)We offer landscape design/construction, maintenance services, lawn applications, spraying, parking lot maintenance and commercial property landscape/maintenance services, clean up, mowing and edgin

Roofing, slab cement work