Cardinal Heating & Air

Founded 1991 • With Angi since May 2005

13649 NE 126th Pl Ste 101

Kirkland, WA 98034

Cardinal Heating & Air is a family owned and operated company serving the greater Puget Sound area since 1991. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding service and expertise to each of our customers and as you will see we do everything we can to satisfy all your HVAC needs. We work in residential and light commercial retrofit and new construction with emphasis on customer service and outstanding products and installations. We also provide service and maintenance to keep your system running efficiently....

E W.

They were very professional, punctual and did great work! Best service! Highly recommend using Cardinal Heating!

Description of Work
Heating & A/C and hot water tank

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are grateful for your business.

Caprice P.

We have always been incredibly pleased with work and products from Cardinal!

Description of Work
New Gas Furnace, New Water Heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thanks so much [Member Name Removed] - we like working with you too!

Karin N.

Cardinal was terrific....... timely, efficient, and thorough. The technicians are friendly and very professional. I continue to hire Cardinal year to year for both my residential and rental properties and would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] - we appreciate your business and referrals. You guys are the best!

Lainie D.

Cardinal is the best!! Technician arrived on time- finished the job quickly all while following social distancing guidelines. I would highly recommend them!!

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the kind words [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed].

12/11/2018

Anne N.

I have worked with Cardinal on maintenance for my heat pump and have been very happy with their service. Called them for a quote on this project, along with several other suppliers and their price was competitive. Also, they were the most responsive, able to turn my request around and send a tech out the next day, even though we were in a bit of a cold snap that had them quite busy. I have a B on punctuality only because the job took longer than expected but frankly, the fact that they were able to fit me in so quickly(before a leak could turn into a mess!) was a high point of the experience. The tech was knowledgeable and friendly, answering any questions that I had and flexible in meeting my requests with regards to adjustments, etc. The next week when I wanted the water setting hotter, they sent someone out the same day I called, as a follow-up to adjust the temperature. I have been quite happy with the experience and would highly recommend them. I also wanted to note that they have a good reputation around this area...one of the plumbers that I called actually recommended them over himself for the particular setup that I needed.

Description of Work
Water Heater Replacement

06/06/2018

Jason M.

Cardinal was referred to us by a colleague who used them for their new furnace install. The company was responsive, came out and gave us a competitive bid for several different products, and conveyed competence and confidence that they knew what they were doing. On the date of install the 2 technicians showed up on time, were polite and professional, and worked all day and into the evening to ensure the furnace was installed and working properly. They even hooked up our new thermostat that we purchased separately (including running a new electrical wire) at no extra charge. While in the house they made sure to remove their shoes without having to be asked. They cleaned up after themselves and hauled away our old furnace. The next day after install we noticed there was some water leaking out of the condenser. I called that morning and they had a technician out that afternoon to fix the problem. Since then the furnace has run great. Very quiet. They also helped coordinate the inspection by the city inspectors. We would definitely recommend using them again.

Description of Work
installation of new high efficiency gas furnace

12/07/2016

Heather S.

These guys are great! They're professional and efficient, they know what they're doing - and they are all-around kind and helpful folks!! Our general contractor appreciated working with them - they did a great job on our kitchen floor heat. The in-floor heat makes the room incredibly comfortable! We love it! Ed and his crew have also been amazingly responsive to us as homeowners. We had a leak in a radiator pipe on a Sunday night (of course!!). A phone call to their 24 hr service helped us decide that we could wait until morning for a service call (although they were available to come out if we needed them). Cardinal came out early the next day - they quickly stopped the leak, diagnosed the problem, and helped me make a plan to fix it. They also went above and beyond the call of duty with their friendliness and support in a stressful situation! I highly recommend Cardinal!!!

Description of Work
Cardinal installed in floor heat as part of a full kitchen remodel. We're also working with them to add a new radiator to our family room, and fix various pre-existing conditions (like a giant leak!!) in the radiant heat in our 1930's house.

08/03/2016

Peter M.

They are excellent, I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I used Cardinal Heating & A/C Inc

Category roofing, roof cleaning

10/16/2015

George L.

We used Cardinal to replace our heater about 1 1/2 years ago and we thought the did an excellent job with the proposal and installation. So, we didn't hesitate to use Cardinal to install an Air Conditioner. The installation crew showed up on time and did a superb job with the installation. All of electrical and pipes were very neatly done. They cleaned up after themselves after the job was done. My only complaint was that I was not told that the installation would take more than 1 day. I was able to accommodate it but I wish I had been informed beforehand to I could make sure my schedule could support it. And now we're ready for next summer!

Description of Work
Install Air Conditioner

03/28/2015

Ayako H.

Cardinal Heating was recommended by my heating contractor, who worked to fix our boiler in the house. I called Rory Richardson, owner of Cardinal Heating to schedule a meeting. He called me right back and came to my house for an estimate with Joe (Estimator) within a couple of days. Joe provided me with an estimate on the same day. While I thought the estimate is on higher side, knowing this company's reputation and not knowing any other company who can install our wine cooler system, we signed the contract. The work went really well. It was clean and efficient. They coordinated with the electrician who we hired to install the new amp for the system. Given the amount of time needed to install and quality they've provided, I think the price was fair at the end. I would definitely work with this company again.

Description of Work
Install new split wine cooler system in wine room

06/10/2014

Jean B.

It's just that they were very professional, good quality product, and they know what they are doing. They are kind of high but they have good quality product.

Description of Work
It was Cardinal Heating & A/C Inc. We got a new furnace and we got a heat pump and had a new duct port put in.

06/02/2014

Karin N.

Cardinal was punctual, responsive and completed the job I wanted them to do. They were easy to contact (via email or phone) and worked with my schedule very well. I would highly recommend this company and their services!

Description of Work
Serviced furnace and air conditioner

10/18/2013

Camille L.

I tried to schedule the service via email and thought we'd had it scheduled for Thursday between 1-3pm. But at 2:30 on Thursday, no one had shown up so I called. They didn't have me on their schedule. But they were very nice about it and it happened that a technician had just finished another job nearby so they sent him right away. Ken arrived about half an hour later and got to work. He spent about 40 minutes trying to figure out what the problem was. After a lot of exploration, he determined that the company that installed the air cleaner had put a screw through a wire, thus shorting the circuit. He repaired the wire, wrapping it in a thick tape, and now it works. He also suggested that the furnace be serviced because without the air cleaner for 2 years it was quite dirty. He talked about signing their service agreement which would give me a small discount. So I agreed. He cleaned the furnace and was gone. The total time spent was about one hour. The technician was friendly, professional, and competent. I only gave a B for price because they charge $145 just for showing up for a half hour, then another $60 for each half hour after that. His initial service call took about 40 minutes so it was more than one half hour. But they charge $159 for the furnace service which I opted to do. It seems to me they shouldn't have charged me the full amount for the furnace service since they were already on-site. Perhaps dropping the extra 10 minutes off the original service would have seemed fair. Oh well. **Update: 10/21/13 Keith their service manager called after reading my review here and told me he agreed that the pricing was amiss. He agreed to drop the $159 charge for the furnace service. I am very happy with this result so have changed my B price grade to an A.

Description of Work
My air cleaner wasn't working and I had a suspicion that it had never worked since we moved into this new home over 2 years ago. The technician found the problem and fixed it and also serviced our furnace at the same time.

09/08/2013

TOM M.

The work was flawless. Estimator arrived on time, was knowledgeable, performed heat loss calculation to ensure new unit was sized properly, prepared estimates for 3 different options. Work was scheduled and completed within days of signing the estimate. Technicians called to give me status on their arrival, worked fast and efficiently, were professional and clean. Great communications. They found a clever way to install the venting without damaging ceiling in adjacent room. The surrounding area was spotless after they left. Couldn't ask for a better experience. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Cardinal replaced existing furnace with a high efficiency new natural gas unit. Work included removing existing furnace equipment, installing new furnace with all necessary transition sheet metal work, gas piping connections, electrical, exhaust venting and new thermostat.

08/19/2013

Laura W.

Installer sent to the wrong address the first day but they were quick to make it up and were very professional and thorough.

Description of Work
New furance a year ago and then a free check up and cleaning in the following year

05/31/2013

Gil A.

Our hot water heating system stopped working. I have used Cardinal Heating in the past for general routine furnace maintenance and repair so called them again. Josh responded well within the time frame, started work immediately, focusing directly on the trouble area. He located a faulty igniter and a problematic electric wire. and even though this furnace is quite old, he had both specialized parts available in his truck. Josh also cleaned and serviced the boiler, meticulously cleaning the work area as he proceeded. Josh is a Master at his trade and extremely competent. I have no hesitation in recommending Cardinal Heating.

Description of Work
Repair gas fired hot water heating system.

02/04/2013

Dean O.

Excellent service , got part of my repairs covered under a 10 year warranty, really nice people and know what they're doing. I trust the honesty and integrity of these guys!

Description of Work
Emergency furnace repairs

12/28/2012

gail T.

It went really well and exactly as the company sales representative promised. Everyone performed their work very well. They were very responsive to all of my concerns.

Description of Work
A sales representative visited my house to discuss options for a new furnace and to provide a cost estimate. He answered several follow up questions and scheduled the installation. Two technicians, one of whom was very experienced, removed the old furnace and installed the new one. The Cardinal office coordinated the City permit, the City inspector's visit, and carefully followed up my concerns, including fixing a small leak in the system.

12/21/2012

Marc D.

Had bids from multiple contractors to replace heat pump. This company was far and away the best in terms of knowledge, experience, and service. Absolutely professional at all levels.

Description of Work
Replace heat pump with high end Carrier system.

10/16/2012

Sally C.

Cardinal Heating came out a day after I called and looked around. The repairman seemed at a loss as to what was wrong. He couldn't tell me exactly why it leaked, or how to fix it. He decided that he would need to come back with a group of people to remove the wall in the garage to get at the back of the tank to see what was wrong. He seemed very perplexed and did not give me any confidence as to his ability to fix it. He charged me $450 after accomplishing nothing. He took some pictures and told me he would talk to his manager and get back to me in a couple days. Almost a week later I had heard nothing. I called the company and was told that the manager was in a meeting and could not talk. I kept insisting as we had no hot water in the house. I had loads of laundry from our vacation I needed to wash, not to mention the lack of hot water for showers. They finally talked with him and I was told that he hadn't looked into my problem yet. I demanded they come immediately and finish the job and was told they could come in 3 more days. At that point I had had it. They were not responsive to me, they didn't seem to know what to do at my house, they were unsure how my system even worked then charged me $450 for all this. They didn't seem to put the customer first and acted uninterested in coming back out. I fired them, found a new company that came out in 30and quot;, immediately discovered the problem, were very knowledgeable, ordered the parts needed, acted as though they cared! What a difference! I will never use Cardinal again and will recommend the same to my neighbors and friends.

Description of Work
They came to repair a leak in the domestic hot water tank, restore hot water to us and figure out why we lost 104,000 gallons of hot water in a 3 day period (we were on vacation).

Category water heater repair

01/30/2012

HILIARY A.

After my initial call they were able to set the appointment within a few days. They gave me a window of time, which we all know how that usually goes, and to my surprise Jon should showed up right on time at the beginning of the window. It took him like 10 minutes to pinpoint the problem, and just a half hour more to fix it. I would have been prepared to spend a lot more money than I did. It was a simple fix with a few suggestions to avoid future problems. He was in and out in about 45 minutes and I got an extra 2 hours in my day. Super professional and honest LOVED IT! What a fresh approach.

Description of Work
Our furnace was constantly clicking on and off rapidly for long periods of time. I called Cardinal and explained the situation and they said it could be any range of things and they would have to come take a look.

01/19/2012

Robert H.

While the construction of our new home was going on we reached out to Cardinal Heating and A/C Inc for help with all our HVAC needs. Our home has some complex geothermal additions to the system and they were able to implement all of this new technology flawlessly. The technicians at Cardinal run an excellent organization and I would use them again in the company.

Description of Work
I had all the HVAC installed in our newly built home.

01/10/2012

TOM M.

The job was excellent and I thought that the price was reasonable. The staff is also very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
I hired Cardinal do some heating work for my house.

12/09/2011

Jake B.

Professional, prompt, got what we needed - no upselling or hassle. The service call seemed within bounds of what this sort of thing should cost - the total spent was for parts and 30 minutes of labor.

Description of Work
The ignition on our high efficiency furnace was broken - they replaced it and had us back up in 30 minutes.

04/28/2011

DOUGLAS L.

I have used them quite a bit. They fixed the problem. I was quite shocked at the price but it was the middle of winter and I needed the furnace repaired. They fixed it and it worked and has been great ever since. They did a fine job. I was in contact with them by phone and email for about two months when I bought the air purifier. They were pretty good at getting back to me. I can't think of anything significant that bothered me about them.

Description of Work
Cardinal Heating & A/C repaired my furnace. I have also purchased an air purifier from them to add on to my furnace.