Distinctive Audio & Video

Founded 2008 • With Angi since May 2014

27709 149th Pl SE

Kent, WA 98042

Hi My name is Nathan Wohlers the owner of Distinctive Audio & Video. I started Distinctive Audio & Video in 2008 because I have always believed that customer service and customer relationships should be number one in business. We are a small shop that both installs and services: Security systems, security camera systems, central vacuum systems, lighting control, motorized shades, whole house audio, home theaters, home automation, data/cable wiring, etc. We work in both new construction and remodel homes in and out of state. We are licensed bonded and insured and also have a specialty insurance for the state of Washington for installation of security systems/cameras. Please feel free to call me directly with any questions. Thank you...

10/01/2015

Adam T.

From a solving the problem point of view, Distinctive never did a thing (beyond initial estimate) except keep me waiting for weeks at a time. I suspect the job size was simply not big enough to warrant their attention. I understand that, but it would have been helpful if Nathan had simply said they don't do small jobs at the outset. But even worse, the weeks of getting strung along, waiting for a call, not getting a call, wondering if I'd ever get any networking service or not, was a ridiculously poor demonstration of professionalism.

Description of Work
Although the initial contact with Nathan was very professional, the company refused to schedule a time to complete the work. Over and over, I was given new dates or reasons why they were not able to do the work. His last statement of "we're really interested in your job" felt the exact opposite. The several weeks of silence since then certainly confirms my view.

Category home theater design

Hi this is Nathan with Distinctive Audio & Video. I don't necessarily agree with the customer's statements because the fact is we waited for a few months with no response from him after I had provided him with an estimate. I made it very known that we were very busy and needed to know fairly quick a time and date we could start. The funny thing is we were doing a project 2 houses down from him and worked there for a year off and on as the project progressed. I am not here to make excuses and feel its important to know both sides of the [Member Information Removed]. But at the end of the day the customer truly is number one and I failed to follow through with the project and was unprofessional.

11/25/2014

Steven M.

Everything has been going well, and I've really enjoyed working with the company. Nathan, the owner, is very conscientious of budget constraints, he doesn't try to upsell, and he always responds quickly to any issues. Ultimately, he's very professional, and I'd highly recommend his services to anyone.

Description of Work
They installed my home's audio/video system and alarm system.

Category home theater design,home security systems

10/17/2009

Steve B.

He is very good. I would recommend him. We interviewed 5 different companies before choosing him. This is one of the systems that always need to be fine tuned so he has come back 3 or 4 times for it. A lot of companies don?t provide that kind of a service after you pay them. This is not one of the systems where you put in and you are done with it forever. It needs a lot of tune up work. He has come back for every little thing. Every once in a while if he has not heard from us he calls to check how it?s going. The problem with the system is that we are getting interference from other units within this building. He is trying to sort those out for us. It?s not something he has caused.

Description of Work
Distinctive Audio did a retrofit for an entire radio controlled audio visual system in July.

Category home theater design

Freedom Systems, Inc.

LOCAL family owned and operated professional security company. Competitive pricing. Attention to Details. Free Estimates. Satisfaction Guaranteed. At Freedom Systems we strive to provide the best customer service, latest technology and the most competitive pricing. You'll have the peace of mind knowing that your system has been DESIGNED and INSTALLED by professionals and that you are working with a company that sincerely cares about your complete satisfaction. We're looking forward to assisting you with your security needs.

Offers by Freedom Systems, Inc. on Angi
    Lunyar LLC

Rainier Fire Protection

The most common misconceptions about residential fire-protection systems that prevent homeowners from including one in their home, is the fear of a misfiring sprinkler head. Hollywood movies portray fire sprinkler heads as “one sprinkler head goes off they all will go off”. The Honest truth is that information is false. Misfiring sprinkler heads are extremely rare, one manufacturer claims the chances to be 1 in 16 million. Fire sprinkler systems are designed so only the sprinkler heads directly affected by the heat of a fire become activated, not the entire system. In the event of a fire, one sprinkler head activating at 15-20 gallons per minute will cost you a lot less in water damages, then a firefighter with a two-and-a-half-inch hose spraying water on your home at 250 gallons per minute. Rainier Professionals understands that quality, respect, and communication are of the utmost importance so that we can create the perfect sprinkler system for your perfect home. At Rainier Professionals, we take pride in protecting your future.

DISTIAV923B5
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Security Systems, CCTV Systems, Audio & Video, Central Vacuum Systems, Home Automation, Home Theaters, Lighting Control & Motorized Shades.

Electrical Work