Alki Fence Co

Founded 1988 • With Angi since June 2006

In brief, you should know the following about us: our company was established in 1988 and had been responsible for providing outstanding fence around the puget sound ever since. Additional phone - (253) 850-1047. Additional email - fence@alkifence.com....

Estate

+13 more images

fence company (272)driveway gate installation (40)general contractors (7)iron work (6)woodworking (6)decks & porches (6)concrete repair (6)lawn & landscaping (5)pressure washing (1)deck cleaning (1)welding (1)

01/18/2021

Adam F.

I had the fence installed in summer of 2017. The project went well and looked great. I had 100' at 6' tall and 60' at 8' tall. In spring of 2018 I noticed one post of my 8' tall fence was clearly leaning. Big winds in January of 2021 and three posts were leaning significantly and I had to tie them to a tree to keep them from falling. Posts were fine, but the cement was being pulled out of the ground. Had to have the three posts replaced. I meaured the depth of the cement that Alki had put on the 8' posts. All three were 18". For an 8" post the minimum is 32", 1/3 of the night of the post above ground. That is 14" short of the recommended depth. No wonder they needed to be replaced. The quality of work above ground doesn't matter if the posts aren't anchored correctly. Hope the rest of the fence doesn't fall down.

Description of Work
160' of fence.

Work Completed On 01/17/2021

11/17/2020

FREELON H.

Made an appointment, waited one week to get on estimator's schedule. He showed up promptly and was pleasant. Waited for bid, never received. Emailed next day. No response. Called on next day, estimator said he was in field and would send bid when back in office. Bid never received. What a waste of time.

Description of Work
Chain link fence repair in 3 different area, 6-7 sections

Category contractors, fencing

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

10/05/2020

Karl M.

Terrible rip off, crew left garbage all over disrespectful Duke the owner a English speaking hustle guy there to convince you its all ok when its not over paid for poor quality 8000 plus and Gate was not of great quality work, welded gate opener latch cheap but doable I guess they dug a hole and put garbage in it cigarette buts all over through cut peices of cedar in bushes fence has a huge dip 6 panels worth of poor skills putting together in which stands out .crew sat around under trees took 20 breaks through out the day running water off our down spouts though out our property at the end we paid not knowing the garbage the hole the damage the fence flaw till days later being busy with our other projects that we have so tell all *Please do not hire these guys you'll regret you did like we did!! Rating F!!!

Description of Work
New cedar fence

Category contractors, fencing, driveway gates

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

10/04/2020

SueAnn G.

They never contacted me. Neither did the others on this list. Very disappointing because I was ready to start in September!

Description of Work
I need a picket fence replaced with a privacy fence

Work Completed On 10/04/2020

08/14/2020

N G.

Duke showed up and measured both properties on 7/30. Said he would have estimate to us shortly. Sent email on 8/5, no response. Spoke with Duke on 8/11 and he said I would have the estimate by end of day. Angie's List please consider revising their rating. Waste of time for everyone. If they can't do the job or are not interested then they should say up front.

Description of Work
Requested a bid for fencing on two properties

Category contractors

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

06/09/2020

Lyndsey C.

75 feet of fencing & retainer wall made from 4x4s. The tear down was tricky - old fence was made of actual tree trunks and cinder blocks with rebar, and the property is fairly steep on one end. They had it cleared out in a couple hours and finished the job in 2 days. Not super gentle on the lawn but I didn't have a nice lawn to begin with. They had to move the fence line to preserve my neighbors trees, matched it to the existing fencing and trimmed the branches nicely. 4k total. They also do decks so I'll be calling again in the future for that.

Description of Work
Fencing & Retainer Wall

Category contractors, fencing

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

Review for Alki Fence Co - 1037 Central Ave S, Kent, WA - 38630384

02/16/2020

Larry C.

The process went well. There was a small hiccup in scheduling the vist to my property in order for Duke to prepare a job estimate, but the issue was quickly resolved. Duke came by and inspected the existing fence with me. I pointed out the problem. He suggested steel pipes placed into concrete and then the pressure treated posts to be installed over the steel pipe, thus keeping the wood away from the ground and the water. The existing fence panels could be reused. He said that the work could start in about a week and would take only one day. I received his bid and the bids from two other Angie List companies. All the bids were comperable, but with the scope of work as suggested by Duke, his bid was actually less than the others. I agreed to his bid and he later called with a date and time that the crew would arrive to do the work. The crew arrived a little early, but as I was home that was fine. They then removed the panels, extracted the posts, prepared new postholes, fixed the new posts, with the steel pipe, into the holes, prepared concrete in the holes and supported the posts unitl the concrete set. The old fence panels were then properly nailed back onto the new posts. The crew removed the old posts and cleaned the job site. They did have to deal with the existing landscaping and planting beds. There was not option to standing on some of the ground cover plants, but they were fairly careful and I did not notice any real damage to the plantings. I was very happy with the work done and have no complaints.

Description of Work
The pressure treated posts for my cedar fence were failing. The builder installed fence posts were either placed directly into the ground or, in a few cases, placed directly into cement in the ground. Two of the posts had rotted out, so I deceided to have all the posts replaced.

Work Completed On 02/16/2020

12/13/2019

Jeff M.

Install went fine, they showed up and got the job done. However the game is lousy quality and after a year we've dealt with it shifting and a piece of wood that keeps coming off. Sent an email asking if they'll help from their warranty and never got a response.

Description of Work
Had a fence installed

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

10/25/2019

Beth B.

they were on time perfessional and nice.

Description of Work
chain link fence added to back yard

Work Completed On 05/05/2021

08/19/2019

Janine A.

I was very impressed with the professionalism and the speed. I contacted Duke and had a fence within five days.

Description of Work
cedar fence

Work Completed On 08/24/2019

07/06/2019

Chris C.

Duke was late to the appointment, citing traffic. Came and never did measurements, told us that he would give us a quote via email and never responded to follow up messages or texts. It was a simple job, my guess is that it wasn't big enough and he just ignored from then on out. Avoid at all costs, someone who can't even respond back with "we aren't interested" shouldn't be trusted to do any job.

Description of Work
Replace existing chain link fence, install a new fence

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

06/14/2019

Alex R.

Came out for a quote and never sent it to me. I called multiple times and he said he would email it out and I never got it.

Description of Work
Needed new chainlink fence with rolling gate and concrete slab.

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

04/04/2019

Peter R.

Very well. Had to delay because of low temperatures. When weather better. Done in one day.

Description of Work
Fence section replace and paint. Made of wood

Work Completed On 03/20/2019

03/30/2019

Bradley L.

Called and scheduled estimate for the next week. Duke came out and discussed the project with me and took measurements. He said he would email me an estimate, but I never received it. Called 10 days later and he apologized and said he would get it sent to me, but it never showed up.

Description of Work
Replace 100' of Fencing

Work Completed On 03/16/2019

02/27/2019

Steven N.

Extremely good. They showed up exactly they said they would, they had the whole crew, did the job and they cleaned up after themselves. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They rebuilt my fence instead of just patching it.

Work Completed On 09/27/2018

01/24/2019

Christopher W.

It went really, really well. Duke got back to me in a timely fashion, and had a crew out within a week to remove the old fence and build up the new one. The whole job was done perfectly to spec in about 5 hours.

Description of Work
Remove broken fence and build up a new privacy fence.

Work Completed On 01/12/2019

11/15/2018

Gerald A.

Salesman was over an hour late. Spent an hour walking around checking on what our project would entail. Then NEVER got back to us. Even if he didn't care to do our job, contacting us with that info would have been professional.

Description of Work
They were over an hour late to look at and price the project. Then they never got back to us.

11/01/2018

Hong T.

A crew of 4 persons finished 97' in a day. These guys are very methodical and proficient. They checked the post twice to make sure they were set straight. Don't know the grade of the pickets but they look better than HD's, no knot holes and most of them are clear. The fence looks strong and beautiful.

Description of Work
Cedar fence

Work Completed On 10/30/2018

10/20/2018

Sally S.

After contacting them they didn’t respond with a quote. Evidently the job is not big enough?

Description of Work
Fence repair

Work Completed On 10/20/2018

10/10/2018

We got a prelim quote via email for repair and replacement of some posts from our fence that were falling over. Later the estimator came out to look at the fence and added some other posts to the scope of the work because they were rotting, too. The repair was scheduled and done quickly and well. Happy the fence is all stable before the winter storms. Other fencing and handyman places we requested quotes from were either too busy to even give a quote (but were nice about it, telling me up front that they were 6-8 weeks booked already), or charging about the same price for less total posts to be fixed. The one problem we had was communication. I had to be forward about calling the estimator to get the estimate scheduled and emailed back. Once the repair was scheduled, however, things moved quickly and smoothly.

Description of Work
fence repair

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

07/19/2018

NORA T.

I messaged them via angieslist "request a quote" and never got a response. So I called them to request a quote. It took two weeks for them to reply. It took a few more days to get the estimator scheduled to come out. It was another two weeks and several phone calls later before I got an estimate emailed to me. I replied to the email requesting information a week ago, and no one has yet replied. There communication is really terrible and it seems like maybe they just don't need the work.

Description of Work
Fence repair and support post installed

Work Completed On 07/12/2018

06/26/2018

Joel C.

I emailed and called Alki Fence multiple times to try to get an estimate for a fence repair or replacement job. I even set up a time for them to come look at my fence. They never returned emails, and although I got someone on the phone when I called, the estimator never showed up and never provided an estimate. My rating only applies to their responsiveness, which was terrible.

Description of Work
Tried to get a fencing quote, never got a reply

Work Completed On 06/26/2018