ESG Design

Founded 2006 • With Angi since May 2011

WA
Washington: Business and Professional
09/26/2022

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

Issaquah

Issaquah, WA 98027

We are actively performing limited services. We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

ESG Design remains ready to assist with your structural engineering and design projects. However, due to ongoing health concerns, we will be limiting the number of in-home assessments and consultations that we will be scheduling. Structural repair inspections and foundation assessments are suspended at this time. We are available for digital consultations and limited, in-person remodel project coordination. Please contact our office for further details and we can review your specific project to see if ESG Design can help.

Please call for more details.

ESG Design is your source for licensed professional structural engineering services. At ESG Design, our goal is to provide our clients with expert advise, professional service, and the highest quality Engineering and Architectural design work. We are a local small business focused on the unique needs of each customer and your specific project. Whether you are looking for preliminary design feasibility advice, standard construction plans engineering, or detailed structural performance analysis, ESG Design is here to support you. Email us at: office@esg-design.com...

structural engineering (77)architect (11)home inspection (6)earthquake retrofitting (2)foundation repair (2)

05/18/2021

Eli was efficient, clear in all communications and got the work done within a reasonable time. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Energy Code updates and structural engineering for ADU plans.

Work Completed On 05/18/2021

10/19/2020

Very well. Although I declined on a formal report, I was still provided with a convincing explanation on what probably happened, remediation recommendations and the relative urgency of the needed repair.

Description of Work
Provide assessment of need and urgency to repair a damaged deck footing.

Category structural engineer,foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

07/23/2020

Analysis and blueprint notations for a reasonable fee based on the plans I provided, along with his personal connections to the precast concrete manufacturer, who was unwilling to help us directly.

Description of Work
Evaluate new floor loading on a 45 year old building

Category architect

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

06/09/2020

Eli Grassley arrived as scheduled and I was able to show him the wall that I wanted to remove. He was very kind and professional and had all of the equipment he needed to do the assessment. He went into the crawl space in the attic to inspect the roof trusses. I was very happy with the service and would indeed use ESG Design in the future if the need arises.

Description of Work
I needed a structural engineer to determine if a wall I wanted to remove was load bearing.

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

11/05/2019

Contacted ESGDesign. Explained that I needed a structural inspection of a house. Mr. Grassley promptly showed at the appointed time. After an interior and exterior inspection of the building, land and adjacent structures; answered to my satisfaction all my concerns and questions. A written report was subsequently forwarded to me. The report contained Mr. Grassley's findings and observations in gre...

Description of Work
Structural integrity of house

Category home inspection,structural engineer

Work Completed On 06/12/2019

07/07/2019

Eli was super responsive and able to answer questions. The plans he provided were clear, and his advice sound. What has been a stressful project at times was made considerably easier with Eli’s help. I absolutely recommend ESG and will be returning for any future projects we may have.

Description of Work
We needed to complete a seismic retrofit per city requirements, and could not do things per the schedule set out in code. Additionally, we needed two decks designed as part of our reside.

Category architect,earthquake retrofitting

Work Completed On 09/01/2018

03/15/2019

Mr. Grassley is clearly capable and professional. I was particularly grateful that when an earlier time slot opened up on his calendar, he offered it to us. And when our decision-making timetable necessitated some information ahead of his reporting schedule, he took extra trouble to help us. I really appreciated the whole experience.

Description of Work
Structural survey of church roof

Category structural engineer

Work Completed On 03/15/2019

10/30/2018

The job was performed as quoted, in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Structural evaluation

Category home inspection,structural engineer

Work Completed On 12/15/2018

10/07/2018

Eli was professional and extremely responsive to many follow up questions as the work was completed. Highly recommend! Eli visited my house and gave me a lot of great advice, followed by iterating on a design to improve my basement by removing some posts. This required reenforcing the existing beam with steel c-channels and installing new posts. This job was complex and some requirements changed a...

Description of Work
Engineering design for reenforced beam and new posts.

Category structural engineer

Work Completed On 10/07/2018

10/01/2018

They declined the job. Said it was a job for an architect, not an engineer. Why did Angie's list send me to an engineer? I'm pretty sure I started out looking for an architectural firm, but I was too uninformed about such things to realize: a. I only needed an architect; b. ESG, the only reference made by Angie's list, did not do both engineering and architecture. The question: "Would you hire aga...

Description of Work
Deck enclose and cover

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

While ESG Design strives to help all of our potential customers with their project, sometimes we are not the right fit for the job. In this instance, we responded to the customer within 1-day and provided references to other architectural firms that do quality work better suited to the project - which would seem to be both responsive and professional. Perhaps this review was meant as a comment on ...

Structural Design. Remodels & Additions. Building Evaluation. Consultation. Permitting.

Construction