Nolans Roofing Inc.

Founded 2004 • With Angi since December 2009

6321 Northwest Dr.

Ferndale, WA 98248

Nolans Roofing Inc. is a family owned and operated business. There are three owners that consist of a father and his two sons. We currently have eight employees and we do use subcontractors for most gutter work/replacement. We are a small roofing business that prides itself on professionalism and quality. With each complete roof, we offer a 5-year warranty. Our UBI number is 602-521-411....

09/21/2017

Sherry H.

They showed up on time and repaired the skylight that had been leaking for a couple of years. No leaks after a week of heavy rain. Very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Repair on leaking skylight.

07/24/2017

Linda L.

Excellent workers and job! Very polite and professional. Saved us money by replacing only the substrate that was rotted. Job took 2-1/2 days but they cleaned up at the end of each day. After they left, the new roof was the only indication that any construction had taken place.

Description of Work
Nolan's replaced our entire roof and substrate where needed. Also added ridge vents and zinc strips.

03/28/2017

Behin D.

Job was well done and in a timely manner. Friendly, courteous and professional service.

Description of Work
Repair work on roof

11/28/2016

Vaughn B.

Needed a skylight leak repaired. Was promised by the owner that they would come out and evaluate the job on Monday. No show. I called and spoke to the receptionist who promised me a call back with another time. No one called me back. Ended up going with Western Roofing here locally in Bellingham. Much more responsive and professional and got the job done quickly.

Description of Work
Needed a skylight leak repaired.

Category skylights

10/17/2016

Terrill H.

Excellent work. Good cleanup each day. Very polite and cooperative. I would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replace roof.

02/02/2016

Amy A.

These guys are great. They work very fast and do a great job. They even touched up some cedar siding that I had for free. I would definitely use them again. I have recommended them multiple times to many friends.

Description of Work
Full three layer roof rip off and re-roof including plywood.

12/28/2015

Barbara M.

They were very prompt and courteous when responding to my request for a quote, and in all other communications. They did a beautiful job and were very quick. The cost was very reasonable and they were super-nice guys.

Description of Work
replaced roof

10/09/2015

kiki T.

Nolan roofing went above and beyond our expectations. We can't say enough about how pleased we are with the job. They have an attention to details that we appreciated and made suggestions that we hadn't considered. Very professional. We were dreading this project and Nolan Roofing made it relatively painless. As a business their integrity shines

Description of Work
Replaced our roof

08/09/2015

Larry O.

a few issues with the initial installation were completely rectified as quickly s possible. A high integrity operation. I'd recommend this company to anyone with roofing issues.

Description of Work
stripped composite roof and deck off pole barn grate and applied metal roofing.

08/05/2015

Barbara M.

I never received a estimate and would not have had them do the work because of there lack of knowledge of the situation. Then hired a LOCAL COMPANY who has been in business for many years and was very satisfied with the work completed. FYI...the skylights needed to be re-installed, not a complete new roof. I was also told by the LOCAL ROOFING CO. my roof is in very good shape and will be able to enjoy it for another 10 years. I saved many thousands of dollars.

Description of Work
Two estimators arrived at my house. I then showed them the damage to my roof and within a minute, they told me I needed a new roof and approximate cost. I then walked them to the door and they said they would send me an estimate. Never received anything from them.

05/14/2015

Sparky H.

At this point I'm not sure I'd want to hire them. very disappointed. My first first try at using Angie's list.

Description of Work
Estimator came out on time and promised my bid either that same day or the next day. It's now a week later with NO bid, NO phone call or any other contact. Today, a week later, I had to call their phone number twice before anyone answered the phone. According to the person who did finally answer the phone said my information was not in their computer. She said she would get back to me. After pressing her she told me she would call me back today.

02/24/2015

Kathi N.

We ultimately went with another company but Nolan's was great about coming out and doing the estimate and did give us a good estimate on the work at a competitive price.

Description of Work
Provided estimate for reroofing my mobile home.

02/24/2015

LeRoy G.

This crew was the most efficient crew of construction workers I have ever seen!! They operated like a well tuned military unit. All five workers were each doing something different, and in the shortest time I could even imagine, it all came together and they were done...under two days!!! They had to strip off 3 layers of old roofing; replace many sheets of plywood; skylights, chimney, vents, etc. The full deal! The roof looks beautiful. Also, absolutely nothing left behind to indicate that a huge mess had just happened to my property. What a huge dread was lifted from my shoulders that had anticipated the upcoming job.

Description of Work
Completely new roof on my home.

08/27/2014

Thomas H.

This job could not have gone better. The crew was very knowledgeable and hardworking. Tony (the estimator) was by at least once a day to check progress and support the crew. He even made it up on the roof one day to get dirty himself, much to his chagrin... The crew found a lot more damage than expected (compared to the crew we had in a mere four years ago that just slapped a roof on--improperly--and didn't mention any extra findings), explained exactly what needed to be done to fix it, and fixed it. I'm pretty sure the company didn't make as much money as they expected to make on this job (based on it taking at least a whole day longer than expected), yet Roger still charged a VERY fair price for all of the extra work that came up. After the disaster that resulted from our last roofing installation in 2010 (improper ventilation that led to massive condensation and mold issues), I've become a bit of an "internet expert" when it comes to roofing and attic ventilation. After everything I've read, and seeing what Roger's crew did on my roof, I'm very confident that the job was done right and will last for a long time. They found problems that even I didn't see, informed me, and addressed them. They also did an excellent job cleaning up, so that's a bonus. I couldn't recommend this company any more.

Description of Work
Completely removed roof that was installed improperly by previous contractor, including asphalt shingles, OSB sheathing, and skip sheathing. Replaced rotted fascia boards, installed supports to raise fascia boards up to level and prevent them from sagging in the future. Repaired skylight framing. And then, of course, installed new roof with CDX sheathing and new asphalt shingles.

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Thank you [member name removed] for that inspiring review, We would be no one if it was not for our wonderfull costomers.

07/28/2014

Larry M.

It went very well. They were a few days late because the previous job had unforeseen repairs. The job only took them 2 days from start to finish. They did Avery good job without any damage to any of our other property . They cleaned up and removed any garbage at the end of each day. They worked and represented there company in a professional manor. I am very happy with the job they did and will recommend them.

Description of Work
Complete removal of old & installation of new roofing

05/13/2014

Robert S.

I phoned 3 contractors for roof repair. Roger with Nolans returned my call within 24 hours. He said Tony would be out the following day to see what the job entailed. Tony said I would get an estimate within 24- 48 hours. I received an acceptable bid and Roger said the work would be performed next Wednesday. Hector, Nick and two helpers completed the job that Wednesday. The job was done on time and within the bid. A pleasure to work with these folks. The one contractor returned my call after a week. I told her it was bad business to wait a week for a return phone call. The other contractor never returned my call.

Description of Work
Roof repair in to seperate areas

02/09/2014

Nancy D.

They did a great job. We'll use them again for the rest of the roof, when needed.

Description of Work
They removed and replaced a section of roofing that had caused problems for several months.

11/11/2013

Art B.

From initial estimate to completion of project, Nolan Roofing demonstrated professionalism and in depth knowledge of roofing. They were able to note a few issues that prior roofing contractors had failed to note, which allowed for a more accurate estimate, and to provide a suitable solution for the low pitch roof. They recommended immediately the correct type of metal roofing in initial proposal. Although we ended up paying more for the house roof than we had planned, the explanations provided by Nolan Roofing made us feel the benefits of metal roofing justified the cost, given the pitch of roof. Roger showed us the areas of roof that needed to be repaired before beginning the repair work, which was completed in a professional manner. He also coordinated project with insulation contractor, as we had insulation blown in while sheathing was torn off. Due to design of roof, there were some sections requiring special attention, and they were able to complete these in a satisfactory manner. There was good attention to detail. Cleanup was done daily. Overall a good experience working with Roger and his crew.

Description of Work
Installed metal roof on house and garage. Replaced skylights on house and installed new skylights on garage.

11/04/2013

Pamela E.

The roofing estimator was out to my house within two days of my asking for an estimate. The estimate was about in the middle of the three estimates I received. In doing that estimate, they considered my roof, its vents, skylights, and other particulars of my roof. They gave me options and the prices that went with the options. They were very responsive to questions. Roofing was done a week in advance of estimated date, which was wonderful. The roofing team was very professional. They were careful of shrubs, bushes, and the like. They were efficient and courteous. They completed the re-roofing in less than two days. They replaced a skylight, cleaned the gutters, and replaced the vent fans. They cleaned up the old shakes and all scraps so I couldn't even see they were there. The quality of the roofing job was excellent. Roofer was also very responsive about post roofing questions. The final bill was at the estimate price exactly.

Description of Work
Took off shakes and re-roofed my home with composite roofing, cleaned gutters, replaced one Skylite, replaced vent fans, and cleaned up site.

10/22/2013

Catherine R.

Roger, the owner, kept in constant contact with me and checked on his workers as they were doing the repairs. When there was a minor hiccup he took care of it immediately. The workers cleaned up the job site after completion and even power blew the leaves off my driveway which I appreciated. The work was completed on time and I would definitely recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
Repaired two substantial leaks around the skylights in my living room.

07/20/2013

Clifford B.

This was one of three companies we asked to submit bids on re-roofing our house. We eventually chose a different company, but I believe that Nolans would have done a very good job on our roof, based on watching them work on another house in our neighborhood and admiring the completed job. We were impressed with the estimator's (Tony) courtesy and professionalism when we were discussing the various options on putting a new roof on the house. He was very helpful in educating us about modern roofing materials and different levels of quality. He listened carefully and answered all our questions to great satisfaction. We requested references, and when we received the bid by email later that day, two recent jobs in our neighborhood were included. Tony spoke respectfully of competing roofing companies. I would recommend Nolans for consideration by anyone seeking to have a new roof installed.

Description of Work
Bid on a new roof, but we ultimately chose another company.

07/18/2013

Budd A.

He seemed really good. He came out and talked to me and told me my options and what not. I have a few different ways that I can go on and what to do on every situation and so on. Their price seemed a little high but I haven't done enough research to really say that he was higher or what's the going rate. He was here on time and he worked with me a little bit. He told me what I needed and that was it. He may be the one that I end up going with.

Description of Work
Nolans Roofing gave me a bid on putting a new roof on. It included insulation.

Category insulation, roofing

06/09/2013

Phyllis M.

Roger and his crew got the job done over 3 days onsite, working around the weather, and cleaning up the site every day before they left. The new roof is beautiful!

Description of Work
Replaced torch-down on low pitch roof (home and garage) with Versico TPO, adding attic venting.

05/28/2013

Barbara S.

Nolan's was very responsive to my message asking for a call back about arranging a quote for a new roof. The estimator they sent was very prompt and professional. The quote was in my e-mail in box later the same day. I have not yet had the work done but Nolan's provided me with the most competitive quote.

Description of Work
Provided quote for new roof.

05/09/2013

Kathleen H.

Very conscientious, returned calls promptly, would not except any payment until they found the leak and repaired it. It was a hard leak to find as it did not leak all the time, only on occasion

Description of Work
found the leak and repaired a leaky skylight

Whatcom Gutter & Roof Cleaning

We are a locally owned and operated gutter cleaning and repair company in Whatcom County. We offer free quotes for any size job! We guarantee 100% satisfaction on your gutters, moss removal and prevention, pressure washing, and more.

Clean Crawls

Angie's List Super Service Award winner 12-years Running! From quote to completion in as little as three days, and guaranteed to pass inspection the first time. Founded in 2001, we have completed over 70,000 jobs in the last 18 years. Clean Crawls is your go-to company for Crawl Space Cleaning and Insulation, Attic Cleaning and Insulation, Mold Remediation, Rodent Exclusion, Vapor Barrier Removal and Replacement, Prescriptive Air and Duct Sealing, and Affordable Payment Options. Clean Crawls offers an industry-leading 10 Year Workmanship Warranty that is transferable to new homeowners. Call now 877-722-0791 Visit us at CleanCrawls.com

Offers by Clean Crawls on Angi
    Miguel general contractor

With over 25 years of professional roofing and siding experience. Miguel General Contractor's is a family owned company that was founded because we know there is a need for superior workmanship and care in today's market. The roof of a home provides comfort, security, and safety from the elements it's the heart of the home. We guarantee quality, integrity and customer service marked by honesty. Our goal is to ensure a job well done and exceed your expectations of superior service. Contact us today, for a free roofing inspection! We look forward to servicing you!

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Nolans Roofing Inc.

How is Nolans Roofing Inc. overall rated?

Nolans Roofing Inc. is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What days are Nolans Roofing Inc. open?

Nolans Roofing Inc. is open:

What payment options does Nolans Roofing Inc. provide

Nolans Roofing Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does Nolans Roofing Inc. offer free estimates?

No, Nolans Roofing Inc. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Nolans Roofing Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Nolans Roofing Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Nolans Roofing Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Nolans Roofing Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Nolans Roofing Inc.?

Yes, Nolans Roofing Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Nolans Roofing Inc. offer?

Nolans Roofing Inc. offers the following services: Re-roof, tear-off, residential, commercial, new construction, compostition, metal, single ply TPO, shake, Duradek pvc mebranes