Horizon Roofing LLC

Founded 1985 • With Angi since December 2006

PO Box 24449

Federal Way, WA 98093

Clean, quick, courteous roofing company, in business far longer than our workmanship warranty. This does not happen in this profession without making your customers happy. We strive to make the process as easy and stress free as possible. If you don't want a commission based salesperson telling you what you want to do, please call us. Additional address - 833 Sw 312th St, Federal Way, WA 98093. Additional email - pgiere@hotmail.com. Additional DBA - Horizon Roofing....

01/17/2020

TIMOTHY L.

Pete and crew installed a new roof on our home in Auburn in 2008. It's now January 2020. Recently, I found a slow leak around the skylight they installed in my garage. After emailing Pete he was out the next business day to patch the leak. While here he noticed that the ridge vent that they installed in 2008 was an older style that could possibly let in rain if it was blowing real hard. His crew was out the next day and they replaced the entire ridge vent over 4 hours with snow on my roof. The leak repair, attic inspection and ridge vent replacement was all done at no cost to me even though the 10 year warranty expired over a year ago. Now that's what I call customer service! Thank you Horizon Roofing.

Description of Work
Leak around skylight on roof

01/01/2020

Susan D.

Pete and his guys are amazing! He gave us a bid 2 months before the job. We asked about different materials/brands and Pete was very knowledgeable, very open to discuss other estimates we had been given and other ideas we had learned from other roofers. He is not a man of many words but he is a straight shooter and, unlike the guys I'd met from other companies, he actually does the work and is not just a salesman so really knows what he is talking about. When he was all ready to go he gave us about a week notice but we had to reschedule due to a surgery in the family. Pete was totally cool about the change of plans....very kind and understanding and made no fuss whatsoever. When they started he said it would take 3 days. It took 3 days. It's been about a month or so and the roof looks spectacular. Really nice job. I work from home and the guys were very respectful the entire time and were never a problem for us at all, even friendly to our dog when he happened to be out in the yard. They cleaned every day and it was pretty much painless. Pete did not charge us a penny more than his bid, even though he ended up replacing more boards than expected. Outstanding, perfect job from start to finish and we're really happy we saw through the fluff and picked these guys.

Description of Work
Re-roof house and garage including replacing any rotted boards

08/31/2019

Carla O.

Pete and his crew were great. They were very prompt, showed up at the time they told me. Pete was excellent in communication regarding the job. He followed the contract and even did a few extra things for me that wasn't in contract. I would highly recommend Horizon Roofing. I get stressed when I have to deal with contractors. Pete is easy to work with and makes you feel comfortable. It was a pleasure doing business Horizon Roofing.

Description of Work
A new roof, my old one was 23 years old and needed replaced.

03/09/2018

Jim K.

We do not routinely submit reviews of this type, but are compelled to do so this time based on the job just finished by Horizon Roofing. After twenty-seven years, our old cedar shake roof was desperately in need of replacement. After receiving almost a dozen bids, we settled on Horizon Roofing. Although not the lowest, Pete's quote was competitive, but what really sold us was the comfortable feeling we got from Pete himself. The workers were very prompt, worked swiftly, and each day left our property virtually spotless. Communication was excellent throughout the entire process. Generally speaking, we have not had good luck dealing with contractors, but Horizon was a wonderful change from past experiences. We would strongly recommend Horizon for your roofing needs.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

08/23/2017

Franklin M.

I couldn’t be more pleased with the job they did. I was impressed with the honesty and integrity of Pete Giere, the owner. He lived up to everything he promised, and more, and stuck to his original price quote to the penny. This was despite finding and repairing problems along the way (a rotted fascia board and gutter/downspout issues, etc.) He did not request any payment until the job was completed. His price ($18,000) was excellent. The high bid, as a point of reference, was almost double ($35K vs. $18K). This was for high-quality materials (Certain Teed Presidential shingles) on a fairly large house (see photo). His crew was knowledgeable, courteous, and competent. They always showed up when they said they would, and worked very efficiently. They cleaned up nicely after each day’s work. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anybody looking for a roofer.

Description of Work
I needed to replace an aging shake roof with a new composite asphalt shingle roof.

Category gutter repair,roofing,skylights

06/05/2017

David K.

I accepted Horizon's bid after looking at 4 for a new torchdown roof with crossed seams. After several weeks delay until the rainy weather cleared, they were in and out in two days including removal and cleanup of the old roof and installation of the new, ahead of the 3 day estimate. There was a subsequent problem with a leak from a drain and Pete made a couple of trips to correct the problem. Works is now guaranteed for 10 years and my tenants know whom to call.

Description of Work
Replace a flat roof on a rental duplex that had a major leak last year.

05/24/2017

Malgorzata M.

Great company to work with. We had several estimates by 4 other roofing companies that were highly rated on Yelp and Angie's List and Horizon was truly the best. The price was most reasonable as well as the time to complete the work. We had a metal roof installed. 2 new skylights installed, and 2 existing skylights replaced as well as gutter screens installed. First of all I must say it is not easy to find a roofing company that will install metal roofing! The communication with Pete was great. He met us on weekend (it was the most convenient for us) to discuss options, price, brought us color samples and email back the same day if we ever had any questions or concerns. Nice crew, on time, efficient, cleaned up everyday after they were done. I can't say enough positives about Pete and his Horizon company.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, metal roof installation.

Category roofing,skylights

05/15/2017

Kris L.

Pete and team did a great job. They were punctual, had exceptional attention to detail and did a great job cleaning up. I'd hire them again.

Description of Work
I needed to have a new roof put on my home. The existing roof was asphalt shingles over cedar shingles. They needed to remove two layers of roof, lay new plywood and install the new asphalt shingles. It was a very big job.

06/15/2016

Danny S.

Perfect, perfect, perfect. Everything was seamless, from the initial bid to installation, to clean up. The roofing team was thoroughly professional in all respects. What I had feared would be a stressful project was about as well organized and completed as possible.

Description of Work
Installed a GAF HD Timberline shingle roof on my house. Our house has a veery complicated roof design with many dormers, valleys, a 10/12 pitch and a tapered pitch near the gutters, and three stories. I requested bids from several firms and a few would not even provide a bid due to the complexity. Horizon provided a very competitive bid, was very responsive and professional in all respects. I would rate their performance as perfect and would heartily recommend anyone considering a new roof to use Horizon.

05/27/2016

David M.

Pete promptly responded to my request to come out and provide an estimate. Another company had unsuccessfully tried to repair this leak twice. Pete quickly determined what needed to be done and scheduled Jim to do the work. Jim went "above and beyond" to repair the leak and was careful to remove all of the affected sheathing and blend the new shingles into the existing roof. The repair looks perfect. Better yet, the leak is gone and I'm extremely pleased. I wouldn't hesitate to use Horizon Roofing in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired a leaking roof.

STOUT ROOFING

ANGIE'S LIST SUPER SERVICE AWARDS: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 As one of the oldest residential re-roofing contractors in the Seattle area, we guarantee you quality workmanship and exceptional service. We specialize in re-roofing with composition shingles, cedar shakes, single-ply systems for low pitch roofs, metal, and various types of tile. No matter what type or size of roof you have, as a valued client, your job is equally important to us. Whether it's a 1,000-square condominium project or a 5 square carport, you can expect the same excellent service LICENSE #: STOUTRL894D1.

Offers by STOUT ROOFING on Angi
    Oasis Roofing & Construction

Full service contractor specializing in all aspects of carpentry, roofing, siding, decking, and interior remodeling. Manufacturer trained and certified installers and in house staff to address all of your home or building projects.

Three Tree Roofing

We are a family run full service roofing company serving the greater Puget Sound with pride and integrity. We have more than 12 years experience and we provide top quality roofing solutions year round. With an emphasis on organization, communication, and quality we offer the best roofing experience in the industry and back our work with the strongest warranty available. Call or message today for a free estimate. We return all inquiries within 24 hours.

Offers by Three Tree Roofing  on Angi

Residential and light commercial roofing, cedar shakes and shingles, all types of composition shingles, metal, slate, torchdown and tpo/pvc, gutters (cedar and aluminum) & skylights replaced.

We do not offer roof cleaning services but are happy to refer you to businesses that do.