Reliable Floor Coverings Inc

Washington: Contractors
06/24/2022

542 Main St

Edmonds, WA 98020

Reliable Floor Coverings' reputation has been built upon providing the customer with the best products professionally installed by our own installers in the Edmonds - Seattle area. We want to make your flooring experience as pleasant and as easy as possible. We service what we sell, and are proud to install and service the top brands of residential and commercial flooring products. Free professional flooring consultations, friendly financing terms, very competitive prices and an attractive showroom with a wonderful floor covering selection to choose from. We serve the entire Seattle area including: Edmonds, Shoreline, Bothell, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Everett, and beyond! Call us today for your free in-home estimate!...

4.4

flooring (42)hardwood floors (13)carpet installation (12)tile installation (9)countertop installation (6)woodworking (1)

03/13/2017

Kris N.

It went extremely smooth. They were on time every day and finished the project on time.

Description of Work
Engineered Hardwood Installed.

Work Completed On 02/27/2017

Review for Reliable Floor Coverings Inc - 542 Main St, Edmonds, WA - 34611043

03/10/2017

Charles M.

In all fairness, I am at a loss of how to rate the company so while AL said had to pick all the boxes I marked some N/A for many just because we are still in process of seeing the outcome. We looked up many places for reviews and Reliable always came up as positive and in many ways we had a positive experience especially with the wonderful employees. However, we are also stuck with a product that we are not happy with and if we need to sell our house this year we would be in trouble. They came out and were great and ordered the specific wood for our flooring. They went off what we said was in our house notes when we purchased the house. Not sure if they use vendors but when they dropped the wood off I said this wood is REALLY too light but they just looked at me as if they just doing what they are told. Then when they installed the wood I again showed concern for how light it was and wish they could have at least matched the darker pieces closer to the original floors. It just seemed like someone should have came out from Reliable just to really make sure before this happened that it was ok. In their defense, they did continue to reassure me over the phone that the wood company tells them that this type of wood darkens -which it does. When they were in the middle of doing the flooring they recognized the contrast and Reliable suggested instead of water base to use an oil base on our Brazil exotic wood. That way the light pieces will get darker as well. Since, we are not the wood experts we said sure use the oil base because it would make it richer. Even though my smart but snarky teens said well then the original wood will get darker too. It did make quite a bit of difference darkening the light wood however it also made our original flooring a rich color that we were okay with but now appeared reddish in tone. While the colors looked off they were a great couple of workers who were there. When we came back to house upon completion I called Reliable again concerned for the wood and they left a nice message saying that absolutely this type of wood will be darkened with age and not too worry. This was hard to do especially when their plumbers came to reinstall the toilet and they themselves looked at it and said "whoa". In all fairness, the wood seems to have darkened and that type of wood IS supposed to darken however does not even look like same hue as the original wood. And, unfortunately, as you can see from pictures there is this weird reddish/tint with some of the grainy original planks. I know that wood can be fickle and that many times people have to re do or wood expands etc. so you can't put the particular blame on just the flooring company. We also know that it is harder to match wood floors when dealing with old wood and new wood growth. . I know they say don't worry it will get darker and would love for in a couple months to come back and finish this review and say all is completely fantastic. And, again this is what generally happens when install new wood with old wood - so Reliable is correct in that and again to support them they did say it would take time. However, it isn't even the darkening of the wood I am worried about but I also feel with this oil base that I have dark "orange" floors that are more darkening to "brownish" near dark red ones and not sure that they will actually even come close to matching in hue even if they get darker?? Again, not a wood expert and like I said I want to give a fair review for liked Reliable I'm just not sure how this will all end up matching and we are nervous as we would never be able to sell our house with the floors in this condition and hoping they darken to match but what happens if they don't?

Description of Work
We had a water leak so had to replace a section of wood planks of our hardwood floors.

Work Completed On 11/01/2016

Review for Reliable Floor Coverings Inc - 542 Main St, Edmonds, WA - 34588759

11/26/2016

eric H.

Nightmare that won't stop. Nothing has been done correctly and multiple "fixes" aren't working. Problem seems to be inexperienced, irresponsible crew that are not supervised. The wrong grout color was used, and it attempts to "fix" it there are now 2-3 different colors on the tile (in the same room). The installer did not know how to trim tile or make a "niche" in the shower, and the follow-up crew couldn't either. The quartz counter top had the wrong edging, they did not install the sink we wanted and paid for, and the counter top overhung more on one end that the other. The guy sent out to seal some tile poured a sticky sealant all over that has yet to be removed. We are 4 months into this and paid Reliable up front. We are in our mid-sixties and feel we might be ripped off in part due to our age.

Description of Work
New home construction. Reliable put in tile and wood floors, tile showers, and quartz counter top in kitchen and bath.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 11/26/2016

Review for Reliable Floor Coverings Inc - 542 Main St, Edmonds, WA - 34025729

I am assuming this review was written before we came back and corrected the niche and the sealant. We agreed that the trim was not done up to standard, we met with you and we fixed it according to your request. We also removed the sealant. The countertop edge was fixed before it was installed and was installed the next morning. Unfortunately, we had 2 Ward jobs going with solid surface and the edges were swapped. The sink that you initially selected was unavailable from the fabricator so agreed to upgrade your sink no charge. We have worked with your builder for over 20 years and we have a great relationship and never have we been accused of ripping someone off because of their age. We have had feedback from architects, designers and realtors who went through your home and they all agreed the work was beautiful.

04/29/2015

Leslie C.

The tech did a great job. Older gentlemen, obvious smoker but other then that he moved my furniture around without needing help and started right away. He spent about 90 minutes upstairs doing the work and cleaned up after himself. Asked me if I wanted to vacuum the extra fibers up before he moved the furniture back. Perfectly happy with the work and especially the cost. Really wanted to spend as little as possible since we were selling it. Referred them to our neighbors and they did a great job for him as well.

Description of Work
We listed our 2009 townhouse for sale and needed to have the carpets upstairs stretched prior to our first open house. The original contractor evidently didn't even tack down the carpet in certain corners and had created ugly buckles over the years. Some rooms had up to 4 inches of extra carpet removed at the sides.

Work Completed On 02/24/2015

02/03/2015

david F.

Mr. Wahl acted as consultative sales person, offering ideas for project plans not even part of his team's work scope. The crews came in three visits, coordinating with other work being done. They were punctual, cleaned up thoroughly. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
carpets vinyl two floors

Work Completed On 05/15/2014

01/20/2015

Helene M.

We did not hire them even though their price was relatively competitive because we did not get answers to several of our emailed questions. The rep was not responsive or quick. She also never followed up when we did not give them our business.

Description of Work
We got a quote to re-carpet one room, patch the carpet in another room and bind the salvaged carpet into an area rug. Approximate cost of service of $800.00.

Work Completed On 11/14/2014

01/02/2015

Maggie S.

First of all, before the project, the sales person is not very responsive. I had to remind him to reply me at least twice even before the contract is confirmed. I should have stopped using their service at that time, but I thought they should be pretty good as they were recommended by a neighbor, so I went on with them. I had to leave the house during the project, so we took a vocation with our baby and went back home at a Saturday night only found that all the lights are on, the toilet's in the garage, the heater vent covers were not in place, and the blue tape was still on the carpet. So I had no idea whether they finished the project since nobody called me to let me know the progress. So I texted and called the sales person on Sunday asking if the project is done since the toilet's not in place etc. He texted me back with only one sentence - "I told you we are not going to reset the toilet, store policy". I swear that we did not have this conversation before, so I got pretty upset and called him. Then it was his turn to be upset and told me that he's not going to argue with me because it was his one day off! Ok, I felt like this bad guy who bothered him, even though I did nothing wrong and he accused me of forgetting things that he told me in his imagination. So I wrote him an email formally complaining about it, and all he did was to ask the guy who did the project to call me and apologize. I was pretty clear about it in the phone saying I'm fine with the work done, but upset about the service I received. They never told me what to expect for when the project's done, and I was yelled at. Anyway, at the end, no one contacted me to apologize for this, so I guess all I can do is to let others know about my story, and should consider using another company since we are not only paying for the products, we are paying for the service!

Description of Work
Sand the original hardwood floor, add new ones to match the original, stain them into one color and put coat on.

Work Completed On 12/08/2014

04/24/2014

Thurman W.

I had a lot of problems with one of the guys they sent out. I honestly asked them not to send him back. They actually sent me someone else who was really good. He was able to complete the project. I guess it depends on who I get. I spent a lot. I really haven’t done any comparison work. The other guy showed up on time. I was dealing with 2 different people; one was horrible and the other one was great. They did accommodate with me once I complained about the first guy. I thought that was good. They did solve the problem by bringing out better people to get the job done. It went well and the floor is good.

Description of Work
Reliable Floor Coverings did tile flooring throughout several rooms. They did 4 different rooms; the entrance, kitchen, bathroom and laundry room.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 11/13/2013

03/04/2014

Mark W.

I had several neighbors recommend Reliable Floor Coverings, so I had the luxury of looking at some of their work ahead of time. Joe from Reliable came and seemed very knowledgeable and he gave us some ideas and options. Their pricing was competitive with the other companies and they offered a nearly dust free vacuuming/refinishing system option (which ended up being very clean and impressive!) The first day their crew, Jim and Luis, showed up right on time and put down some colors for us to examine. Jim was very patient while we decided, even though we knew they wanted to get the project started. We had to be out of the house four nights but we never felt uncomfortable with their staff. We left town so our neighbors and our kitchen remodel guy checked on the house each night, and we were happy to hear Reliable always locked up and secured the house when they were gone. About a month later when the kitchen remodel was complete, Reliable came for the final hardwood floor coat. A couple days later they were back for the cove base molding install. Again, the crew, Jim and Dave, gave times when they would show up and were there exactly as scheduled. Throughout the project, when we had questions, Joe replied to e-mails right away. The floor turned out amazing, and the finish is smooth and flawless. The molding work they did looks great too. We would use Reliable Floor Coverings again if we had any other projects or when we have to refinish the hardwood floors again.

Description of Work
Resurface existing hardwood floors, re-stain with a change of floor color, patch in some new hardwood where it was missing for a significant kitchen remodel project. Install painted cove molding so they wouldn’t have to sand right up to the preexisting base MDF molding. Work and schedule around the kitchen remodel company’s schedule.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,woodworking

Work Completed On 02/20/2014

Review for Reliable Floor Coverings Inc - 542 Main St, Edmonds, WA - 7798714

10/23/2013

dewey B.

They were pretty good. It is laminated flooring and it was for 3 bedrooms, a hallway, a living room and the dining room, it's a pretty good sized area. They were very good, the guy came out and there was one problem that we had, he made his people come back out and make sure it was taken cared of so we really haven't had any problem with it. I would say that he would be a good one to use.

Description of Work
I used Reliable Floor Coverings Inc. They replaced the flooring, pulled out all my carpeting and put in new flooring.

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 09/02/2013

Flooring Sales & Installation – Hardwood, Carpet, Tile & Stone, Vinyl & Linoleum, & Green Products.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available