Kalin Excavation

Founded 1990 • With Angi since April 2011

sewer repair, sewer pipe relining , pipebursting,...

G-Man Construction

We offer a wide variety of excavation services. From trenching to foundation footings we can get the job done. Our equipment is specialized to work in small spaces and can get into hard to access areas. Our goal is to do the job quickly and efficiently to save the customer money. With more than 25 years of experience operating equipment we can certainly do any job big or small.

Bulldog Rooter

When it comes to company that puts you first, no one can surpass Bulldog Rooter’s customer service. From the moment you call, you become our first priority. Every step of the way, Bulldog Rooter & Plumbing will treat you and your home with the utmost in professionalism and courtesy. Top it all off with our experience in fixing your plumbing problem, and you will understand why Bulldog Rooter is the fastest growing Plumbing solution company in the Northwest. We never charge for overtime,anytime! Spokane Property Managers and residential property owners have relied on us for years. Call today to see why we have become the most trusted company in Spokane.

Spokane Strong Hauling

03/21/2017

Mary C.

Very well .Finished in less than a day, and a little under their estimate. Owner was professional and timely.

Description of Work
Sewer line replacement

Category excavators

12/29/2014

Mary G.

We had a glogged up sewer line one week before Christmas. JB ran a video camera down the line and explained what needed doing and gave us an estimate for relining the pipe without having to dig up the street. Three days later on the agreed upon date and time he showed up with his crew and went to work in our basement. The crew did their work quickly and efficiently and had the whole project done and clean up in less than six hours. JB ran the video camera down the relined pipe and showed me what they had done. Excellent work - very professional, courteous and competent. Would definitely use them again if ever need more sewer work done.

Description of Work
Replaced residential sewer line from house to street.

Category excavators,sewer cleaning

11/10/2014

Paul A.

OUTSTANDING. JB and his crew quickly diagnosed the issue, repaired the problem and had our yard looking great again in less than 6 hours. The initial bid called for pipe bursting, but when the holes were dug, the pipes had been replaced, but for whatever reason the connections at the house ad the main were poorly done at best. JB and his crew installed proper connections and cleanouts, ran a camera down the line and snaked the pipe where it went into the main. They then ran the camera again and everything was as it should be. I cannot say enough good things about Kalin Excavating, they are honest, conscientious, hard working and are willing to not only answer questions about what they're doing, but why they are doing it. This company has outstanding skill and integrity, you cannot go wrong using them

Description of Work
Kalin repaired my sewer connections.

Category excavators,drain cleaning

11/04/2014

Alfred P.

When the sewer/drain pipe backed up, we called in another company (Company X) to look into the pipe. The person from Company X snaked a camera into the pipe and claimed it had collapsed. Asked to give us a quote to fix it, the person went to his truck and instead of returning with an estimate, drove off. We couldn't go without using our bathroom facilities, so called Kalin Excavating. This was on a Saturday morning, and by noon, the gentleman from Kalin Excavating arrived, snaked his camera into the pipe and showed us the pipe was clear, structurally sound (save a few tree roots growing into it), and had not collapsed as we had been told by Company X. The gentleman from Kalin Excavating even showed us what the camera was seeing, and in fact, put the camera all the way through to the city sewer system twice for the visual proof. He said there was no need to replace the pipe at a cost of $5,000-$7,000 when all the pipe needed was the tree roots removed. So, he then called a roto-rooting service, again this on a Saturday, who arrived to take care of the tree roots. By the way, 10 days later (did Company X really think we'd be content to wait 10 days and not be able to use the facilities during that time?!), we received a quote from Company X for $5,000 plus. Had we not called Kalin Excavating, and had they not been honest and ethical, we would have spent $5,000 unnecessarily for work that didn't need doing, for a pipe that did not need replacing. We could not be any more grateful for and much appreciative of Kalin Excavating. We would use them again, and recommend them to anyone, in a heart beat.

Description of Work
Confirmed sewer/drain pipe from house to city sewer system had structural integrity (and not collapsed as another company had claimed), and when tree roots were seen invading the pipe causing the backup issue, called a roto-rooting service to clear those.

Category excavators,sewer cleaning,drain cleaning

07/31/2014

Cynthia A.

This is a very well-run company and crew! From the moment of our estimate to the time the job was completed, it went smoothly and quickly. JB (job foreman) and his crew of 3 were nothing shy of amazing! They arrived when they said they would, ready to work; each member of the team was polite, respectful and always professional. My neighbors were impressed that they came to talk to them, warining them about the noise and dust for a short spell. The job went smoothly, with a whold dug into the alley and one nesxt to my house to expose the pipes. Even though they needed to bring in the dozer and backhoe into my back yard, the operator was so skilled that my grass is still intact. (Yeah! How often does THAT happen?!?!) Gary (the owner) even came to the job to check on how things were going. He was respectful not only of me but obviously with his crew. We were quite impressed overall. Once the repair was finished, the guys filled in the holes, patched the asphalt in the alley and replaced the portion of my cement porch that needed to be removed for the job. As a General contractor in WA State, they were able to do all the work themselves or sub it out to other licensed contractors. I felt that everything was done above-board, honestly, efficiently and cleanly (considering it's a smelly, gross old sewer!). I really felt like they empathized with my old clay and orangeburg pipes and knew thay would make a significant differance for my household. I had sought a couple other estimates from companies that do the pipe bursting and lining jobs in Spokane; the others were inept from the beginning. Late for the estimate appointments, lackidaisical attitudes and an overall lack of general knowledge that JB obviously had when he did the estimate. My husband and I felt they were the best company for the job and now that all is completed are VERY happy with the job Kalin Excavating did for us and will most definitely use them again should a need arise and will be glad to refer them to others. Job well done, guys! Thank you!

Description of Work
Replaced 70+ feet of sewer line from the house to the Alley (City Main line) using the trenchless Pipe Bursting Method.

04/07/2014

Susan K.

We called Kalin Excavating because we needed a quote to have sewer hook up as required by the city. It took him a day and a half to return the call and my husband spoke to him and said the guy was and quot;less than friendlyand quot; on the phone. They set up an appointment for him to come to the house on Friday, 4/4/14 at 3 p.m., my husband scheduled his business appointments around this to make sure he was here for this appointment. It's now 4/7/14 and the guy never has shown up, never called to say he wouldn't be able to make it, zero communication from him! Apparently he thinks only his time is valuable and has no regard for anyone else! Not only was this rude, it was extremely bad business as well. Based on our (lack) of experience with Kalin, we would highly recommend using anyone else! If he can't even show up to give a quote, I doubt that he'd show up for the job!

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing!

Category drain pipe

originally in 2013 we bid [member name removed] job for $3400. she received a bid from another contractor for $2500 approx. Her husband called us in 2014 and wanted another bid, and wanted us to be more competitive with the other bidder. We were unwilling to change our bid and realized that we didn't want to do work for the [member name removed]. In return they wrote a nasty review to get even. Bottom line: they were mad because we were unwilling to consider doing there project. We never did the project!!!!!

02/03/2014

Albert M.

The whole thing went GREAT! Gary and his workers were professional and courteous. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They disconnected septic tank from home, installed new sewer pipe inside the home. Drilled through basement wall and bored underground to the street hookup located just inside front yard.

Category excavators

08/14/2013

Romane M P.

Everything went great, they were very responsive. They had someone hydroseed behind them when they were done digging up the lawn. They installed a cleanout in the yard for us. They were professional and hardworking. They stayed until it was a good stopping point each day. You would not even know they had been here by the looks of the lawn now. They did about 6 houses around us too, and they all have great looking lawns too.

Description of Work
They hooked up our sewer main line from the street to the house.

Category excavators,sewer cleaning

01/25/2013

marlene G.

Pretty well. Definitely knew what they were doing; Cost ran higher due to finding rock. Repair to grounds was not what we expected so had to hire additional help to remove debris, level landscape and install new sprinklers to facilitate regrowth.

Description of Work
Excavated, installed and recovered grounds for new sewer line to county service.

12/04/2012

Abijah P.

This broken sewer line was in an apartment complex, with 12 individual units all being serviced by the one line. I called several companies, and due to the layout, pipe bursting was a very good option for the work that needed to be done. Gary Kalin, the owner, came out and did the bid, and was there for all of the work (although I gather that he has a dedicated team for sewer work, and usually isn't involved). Gary's bid was not the cheapest, but it was the cheapest pipe bursting bid, lower than Vietzke's by $4k, and was the lowest actual bid that I believed would be done with quality work and no bump in price as the project progressed. Gary brought 4 other guys to do the work and they started early and hit it hard. I had concerns because of the number of families this would impact (since shutting the water off knocked out 24 units. But the down time from when the water went off to when it was back on with a working sewer line was less than 4 hours. I did not have a single complaint from any of the tenants, which I take to be a mark of the courtesy of the crew, and of course, the limited downtime. The work simply had to happen in a few hours, and it did. This was a job more complicated than many companies could handle, as it was in the right-of-way and there were gas lines boxed around the dig site, which ended up being 13' deep. In fact, I had one bid jump from $10k to $16k when they found out about the location of the gas lines, and that was JUST to do the repair in the street, not even replace the entire sewer line as Kalin Excavating did. So, in the end I couldn't be happier. Gary was great to work with and struck me as a man of integrity. I will definitely contact him in the future for any heavy equipment work.

Description of Work
I had a 6" sewer line break 10 feet below the city street, and Kalin Excavating performed pipe bursting - a technique that pulls a brand new pipe of the same size through (and thus destroying) the old pipe. Thus, they did a complete replacement of the entire line, about 85 feet, while only digging two holes, one at each end.

Category excavators,drain pipe

Sewer relining & water line installation, pipe bursting , plumbing, sewer cleaning & camera inspection, cipp

Check, Visa, MasterCard