Hone Landscape Company

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2009

31604 NE 40th St

Carnation, WA 98014

Hi, my name is Jason, owner and general manager of Hone Landscape Company. I started out as a kid mowing lawns in my neighborhood about 17 years ago. My landscape business carried me through college, and after graduation with a degree in business, I decided to continue landscape construction work which I had grown to love. We are in business to accomplish the goal of completing projects exactly how our customers want them done. Absolute customer satisfaction isn't just lip service with us it is what we go to work for. Integrity, communication and quality of work are the principles we as a business engage in with every step of a project. We own all our own equipment (dump trucks, excavators, bobcat, trailers etc) and have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of landscape construction. Please visit us at www.honelandscape.com to find out more about our services....

06/30/2019

Lisette J.

I hired Hone Landscaping and it's hard to find a perfect company to work with. With two little kids, I didn't have time to fix a deteriorating wall from the pervious owners. Level out some areas on the property, build an area for swing set, and haul way debris, and much more. Jeremy took his time with me and we exchanged multiple phone calls and emails until I had the contract down perfect. The crew was outstanding. They communicated every step through the project. We ran into issues with things, and we were all able to work through the project together. I really appreciate their outstanding work ethic, communication, integrity, and hard work. I'm hiring them again, and I trust them with any work we have on the property. Thanks Again Guys.

Description of Work
Building a wall, hauling debris, leveling out dirt, and preparing for a swing set

Category landscaping

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! A pleasure working with you!

09/27/2017

Shane H.

It went exactly as I had hoped. I have limited access to the area, including a steep slope, but the guys got equipment there and did a fantastic job. They were very careful not to damage lawn or structures, and did a great job cleaning everything up when the job was done. Thomas was very easy to work with in planning the job, and communicating along the way. All around great experience, and a great value for the price. Thanks Hone!

Description of Work
100'+ dry riverbed, 100' gravel trail, 75'x6" driveway border wall.

08/17/2017

Paula H.

They tore up our whole backyard. It was a huge project. They did an amazing job. They were here for about a month. We were needing the work done pretty quickly. They wanted to push the date out because of how big the project was, but they ended up coming early. Any time I had a concern, they called me back and responded to my e-mails. They did walkthroughs with us. They several times had to change plans and fix things along the way, and they were really responsive to that. The guys were really good. They were hard working and never slacked off. They just kept doing what they were supposed to do. If we looked at something, and it wasn't right, they immediately re-did it.

Description of Work
They built four retaining walls.

07/12/2017

Diane B.

Very professional & thorough service, but decided to postpone work. Would contact again.

Description of Work
Got a quote on landscaping.

06/11/2017

Joe S.

Jason is dishonest and I would never hire him. He come out to look at our projects and promised to provide an estimate within a few days. We discussed his schedule and he said he would be available to do the work in about 2 months. A few days later he wrote me an email saying he would not be bidding on our project because he is too busy. He wasted my time and lied to me. I am shocked that someone with such great reviews would treat a potential client this way.

Description of Work
I asked Jason to provide an estimate for several projects including replacing a small retaining wall, putting in a patio, installing landscape lighting, and building a small creek/water feature.

Category excavators,landscaping,outdoor lighting,patios

I certainly didn't mean to waste anyone'[Member Information Removed] time and I am very sorry for that. All I can say is it became very apparent after meeting this potential customer that they were going to be excessively difficult to work with. I think this review is a good reflection of their tendency to be difficult. When it came time to write them a proposal I decided not to because we are very busy and it would have been [Member Information Removed]+ hours time wasted for something that wasn't going to work out. I did not promise them a proposal nor have I ever promised anyone a proposal. I am earnestly sorry for wasting anyone'[Member Information Removed] time, including this potential customer. I did not know it wasn't going to work out until after the meeting and I simply didn't want to waste any more time.

02/05/2017

Bradley B.

Great. On time, and they cleaned up well every day. Overall project took about a week. You could tell this was an experienced crew.

Description of Work
I had a backyard with very poor drainage. They installed a French drain system the length of the property and replaced soil and new turf in the back yard. In the front yard they replaced an aging front walkway, stairs and three car concrete pad. It looks great.

Category concrete driveways,landscaping,drain pipe

Thank you for hiring us to work with! Great project, great experience.

01/29/2017

Verna H.

It went very well... Jason and his crew were awesome! Jason came out twice to talk with me about ideas for the backyard area. It's very shaded, so I knew grass wouldn't work. I also have dogs and I didn't want them tearing up grass or plants. He recommended putting up a small retaining wall to solve the sliding issue and level out the yard. In addition, he suggested a wood framed fence with galvanized mesh across the back to be able to see out into the woods and make the area feel larger, along with putting down wood chips rather than grass. I love how it turned out! It has a wooded park like feel to it. It's very simple, but works for me. I had called a few other companies before Hone. It was very frustrating, as the other companies either wouldn't respond, or they would come out to look at the area, but never followed up with a bid. Jason was very responsive from the beginning and always responded to emails and phone calls.

Description of Work
I needed a solution for my backyard area. It wasn't landscaped and I needed to put up a retaining wall, or something else, to stop the yard from sliding into the forest/semi ravine behind the house. I needed something that would work for a shaded area and for my dogs.

Category landscaping

Much appreciated for the great review! You would get an A++ review if we could grade customers! You made working through a couple challenges on your project a breeze, something that could have been difficult. Thank you for that and thank you for hiring us!

01/08/2017

David A.

Jason and his crew were awesome! They did a great job and we would highly recommend them. Price was better than any other bid. We had a retaining wall built, irrigation and lighting also installed. They were professional, helpful, and thorough. Easy to work with and very happy with our new yard!

Description of Work
Retaining wall, irrigation, lighting, pavers and sod

Category landscaping,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

Thanks for the kind words! We enjoyed working with you guys on your project! In addition to a fun job, I learned a valuable lesson about small concrete walls and how they can be much tougher than they look! :-)

09/30/2016

Daphne K.

Jason came out and spent time with us reviewing our options, helped us pick materials, gave us a thorough and complete estimate and scheduled within a reasonable timeframe given the busy summer months. Once the team started, they were great - took care of a few extra requests (removing some large grasses), and they left the site in great shape each evening (closing a fence for the dog, etc.). We truly love the end result, and were impressed with how quickly they were finished. Great work!

Description of Work
We had an existing patio consisting of crushed granite that we didn't like for a variety of reasons. Needed to remove crushed granite, move flagstones to another part of the yard, and install a new, low-maintenance patio.

Category landscaping,lawn service,hardscaping,patios

We enjoyed working with you guys [Member Name Removed], thanks for hiring us! It was very nice of you to write the kind words! Hope you enjoy the work for years to come.

08/18/2016

Cecilia S.

Jason, the owner, was very friendly, accommodating and flexible. His bid was reasonable, had hard working crews who were super friendly. Always cleaned up after themselves. When the work was done, there was a sprinkler head that was damaged; Jason took care of that via the sprinkler company that I used. His follow-thru was great and his customer service, super!

Description of Work
The company installed drivable grass on my drive way, patio at the landing of the deck and retaining wall.

Category landscaping

Appreciate the kind review [Member Name Removed]! You have very nice yard, glad we had a chance to work in it and make improvements.

Emerald City Chimney Inc

Additional phone number - (206) 522-0290. Cost is determined by the scope of work.

Chimcare

Chimcare is family owned small business servicing our local community since 1989. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond the call of duty for each and every one of our customers. All of our employee's are pre-screened, drug free and provide top notch service! Our Employee's arrive in uniform and in marked vehicles. When you Choose our company you really choose the best Chimney Sweep and Chimney Repair Company that Angie's List has to offer! We also sell and install woodburning and gas inserts. This includes fireplace installations. Call Today and Get Ready to have the best Service Possible! Additional

Offers by Chimcare on Angi
    Spencer Construction

Masonry Services, Chimney Repair, Tile Flooring, BBQ's, Firepits. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

Landscape construction and design, property usability, outdoor living space, water features, landscape plantings, paver & natural stone patios, walkway and driveways, natural stone rockeries, concrete block retaining walls, concrete installation & demolition, excavation, drainage solutions, brush & debris removal & hauling.

Mowing, edging, maintenance service, pruning, tree service.