DAVE MCGREW CLOCK & WATCH REPAIR

RICH'S CLOCK REPAIR

Repair Clocks Setup and Move Clocks Perform House Calls for Minor problems

05/27/2014

andy D.

From time of inquiry to actual response from Dave was several [3-4] days. I had begun to think my inquiry was not carried forward or perhaps there was a vacation timing or?? Once contact was made all went very well and was quite timely and efficient. Fully livied up to the hope and expectation for this effort! A prior review indicated Daves' earnestness toward clock appreciation and experience and I concurr 100%. Daves pricing seem fair/just, he was efficient and thorough as observed by this client. I will continue to use Dave in the future for all of my clock services.

Description of Work
At less than $100 Dave made a house call, assembled and evaluated a recently transported Grandfather clock, and assessed 2 other heirloom pieces [being held in mental quandry] as to what needs vs valuation makes sense to do. His knowledge and expertise was readily evident and handled in a very professional manner.

03/25/2013

Linda S.

Overall it was a good experience as Dave was very prompt in getting the job done in less time than expected. It was a little on the spendy side, but it should be good for quite some time-

Description of Work
Cleaned and serviced our grandfather clock. Dave took home all the inside mechanisms to clean and oil the parts. My clock is a 1995 model and has never been properly serviced.

05/03/2011

Larry & Terri D.

Our grandfather clock stopped for no apparent reason, even though the weights had been wound and set properly. Dave came in, decided against his typical house call amount because the fix was not complicated, and he didn't think it was fair to charge us for an in home service call. Today (4 months later) our grandfather clock stopped (this time due to owner error) and the striking was off by three hours. I was fully prepared to pay Dave to come out, fix the striker on the clock, and pay him his regular fee. Instead, Dave said, "No, don't worry about that. I can talk you through it on the phone." And he did. And he didn't charge me. This guy was recommended to us by the owner of the clock shop in San Mateo, California, where we bought the clock originally. Now I know why. When we moved up to Vancouver, WA from San Francisco, our clock guy in San Mateo packed up our clock. When we got up here, he recommended that we have Dave unpack it for us, and to do the maintenance over it's lifetime. Again, now I know why. Russ at Golden Gate Clock had it right when he recommended Dave, and I would not hesitate to recommend Dave to anyone else. This clock means the world to my husband and I, and Dave is one of the only people I would entrust it to.

Description of Work
Our grandfather clock, which is now 11 years old, needed to be cleaned, serviced, and reset as the hands were malfunctioning.

08/17/2007

SCOTT S.

Excellent! Very friendly, knowledgable and easy. They were also fun to work with! They were reasonabley priced too.

Description of Work
Appraised, cleaned, serviced and repaired a collection of watches from a 100 year old pocket gold watch to a new rolex to a new battery for a plastic timex.

Category watch repair