Sound Roofing Systems Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since February 2008

Sound Roofing Systems is a Seattle-based certified GAF master elite and a CertainTeed master shingle applicator roofing contractor serving the greater Seattle area from Everett to Tacoma since 1991. We specialize shingle roof replacement and low pitch single ply. Please give us a call at (888) 219-roof for a free roof estimate....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

roofing (344)gutter repair (75)skylight installation (50)roof cleaning (13)solar companies (3)

07/17/2022

roy B.

Excellent all around--sales, office admins, roofers. No complaints, very satisfied. Competitive pricing, easy to work with, quality results. Would recommend them without any reservations.

Description of Work
PVC flat roof replacement/downspout replacements.

Work Completed On 07/08/2022

05/19/2021

Patrick O.

Excellent! It was a pleasure working with Sound Roofing, they were easy to work with, everyone answered all my questions, the work was completed promptly, and the new roof looks great.

Description of Work
Replace shake roof with shingle roof.

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

04/27/2021

Paul N.

Sound Roofing did a terrific job. I got several estimates but Vince Christianson did the best job of explaining the options and gave the most competitive estimate on the first visit. We had a shingle roof (some other companies said this wasn't possible on a low pitch roof) and new gutters installed. The work crew was prompt, efficient, and professional and did a good job of clean up when the work was completed. We were very pleased with the new shingle roof - a great improvement over the torch down. Would highly recommend Sound Roofing.

Description of Work
Replace low pitch torch down roof with integrated gutter

Work Completed On 08/04/2016

02/25/2021

Felicia P.

Highly recommend this team if you have roof replacement needs. Brett and Alvero were great to work with, and the team did a very nice job with the work. The project was done efficiently and the crew was professional and friendly. We had an easy time scheduling with their administrative staff and had clear communication leading up to the start date. Because we had a water leak from a big storm a few months prior, we were eager to get our roof replacement scheduled and finished, so that we could move forward with the interior renovation. My husband and I appreciated that there were no sales gimics in the bid process like we experienced with some other roofing companies. Sound Roofing Systems team made the whole process go smoothly.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, install skylights

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

02/12/2021

Gary G.

Sound Roofing Systems did a very good job! They started sooner than I expected and finished the entire job in 2 days. Bret, Vince, and their staff were professional and did a great job of communicating their plans. I would rehire and definitely recommend their services.

Description of Work
Replace the roof.

Work Completed On 02/12/2021

10/18/2020

Wendy C.

Mike from All Star Gutters was a great communicator, responsive to text messages, etc. He always showed up on time, etc. was hardworking and did a good job. My friend, Gary, who was a General Contractor, got up on the roof to inspect the work and confirmed that he did a good job. Update as of 11/16: The reason for the poor rating is they said the roofing crew would show up on two different dates and they didn’t show, didn’t even call to explain they didn’t show. I was about ready to cancel the whole thing the following Monday when they did finally show up. The roofing crew did a good job, but the supervisor kept making promises to come by and kept standing me up (and didn’t bother to even call to say he wouldn’t make it). Also, they didn’t protect my back deck with a tarp throughout the whole project. The crew dropped tools and supplies on my back deck causing scratches, nicks and dents. This could have been easily prevented if they had just covered my back deck with tarp thoughout the duration of the work.

Description of Work
Gutters and downspouts needed replacement. Wire screens were installed.

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

09/11/2020

Ronald E.

From Sarah to Angel who ended up coming over to fix our roof I can't say enough good things about this company or their people. They are incredibly responsive, respectful and honest. I went through several roofer estimates that in hindsight were potential rip offs and didn't use them because they hit me wrong or had shady estimates. I had the opposite experience with Sarah and Sound Roofing, they were a breath of fresh air. I could tell she really cared about us and they did what they said, did it well and were very fair priced. I would highly recommend them for any help you need with your roof. Thank you Sarah and Sound Roofing!

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

05/29/2020

Lucienne A.

From start to finish the process was very smooth. Initially Vince, the owner came out to inspect our old roof and gave an on the spot quote, which was clear and easy to understand. We had gathered several quotes from other local companies and during the quoting process, any follow-up questions to Vince and his office staff were answered promptly. Our old roof was sitting on ship-lap and for a new one to be installed we'd need plywood as a secure base. Our old roof was poorly ventilated and we decided to remedy that by getting ridge ventilation and a smart vent, to cool the roof space and prolong the life of the roof. Other work included replacing all kitchen/bathroom vents, installing safety anchors, creating a cricket behind the chimney to redirect water away from the chimney bricks into the gutter, and installing two skylights. The roof we chose was Certainteed Landmark TL and also a flat roof with necessary ventilation, flashing, underlayment etc... We were impressed with the Sound Roofing Systems roofing crew-they were responsive to our questions and requests and they were very careful and professional with their workmanship. The crew took responsibility for issues that came up, like making sure they had the correct size flex-tubing for the kitchen vent and the right sized skylights. Once the work was completed, Brett came out to inspect the work and check in with us. We're happy with the way Sound Roofing handled the whole roofing process and we're happy with the final product, and would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replace cedar shake roof with asphalt shingles and replace a flat roof.

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

04/04/2020

Arthur K.

Sound Roofing Systems did an excellent job with our roof replacement project. Bret and team were very professional and flexible with meeting our requirements. No sales pressure tactics used like other roofers. Work was performed efficiently and site was cleaned up well after each day. New roof looks amazing. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replaced Roof and Skylights

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

Review for Sound Roofing Systems Inc - 823 SW 152nd St, Burien, WA - 38480526

10/20/2019

Deborah F.

Sound Roofing was fabulous. We hired them 4 years ago to replace our small garage roof and gutters. The gutter system was not well installed by the subcontractors used, and failed last winter. We emailed Sound Roofing, Vince (owner) came out himself, took a look, booked us with a different gutter company, who removed the gutter covers, properly attached the gutters (all the way around, not just the side that failed), and installed a new downspout to address the settling of the garage, all for no charge. Will hire them to replace our house roof when the time comes, and would recommend them strongly to everyone.

Description of Work
Gutters replaced

Work Completed On 10/20/2019

08/12/2019

James S.

I invited four companies to respond to my bid package and received three bids in return. Sound was not the lowest bid, but they were the only company that bid to provide exactly the materials and installation that I had requested. Bret, one of the owners, met me on site to put together his bid. He listened carefully to my requests and concerns and quickly sent me a complete bid. After awarding Sound the contract, I worked with Karely and Char in their office to answer my questions and schedule two 3 day windows to do the work. The first day of the first window it rained so we waived off. At 8am the second day Bret showed up with 9 guys , two trucks and all the materials and began work. At 6pm the entire installation was done, and I couldn't tell anybody had been there! The site was immaculate (two days later I found 3 nails in some bushes). I'm a retired architect and have worked with all kinds of contractors and subs over the years representing all the trades. Believe me when I tell you that these guys are real pros. I would work with them again in a minute, and I recommend them without qualification. It's always a good sign when the crew foreman has been with the company for over 20 years and his son, with just under 5 yrs, is on his crew.

Description of Work
Tear off and replacement of my existing asphalt shingle roof (approx. 19 squares).

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

08/01/2019

Ian W.

Wonderful work and crew. Professional, timely, high workmanship and detail! Roof just completed looks very well done. Pristine clean up after and on time each day. Worked with owners Brett, Char in accounting, and a great work crew including Olivio, Sergio, Nestor, and Alvaro installing skylights. Highly recommend and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

07/20/2019

Nancy B.

Perfectly! The estimate was the most thorough( out of seven I received) and communication was excellent. When I had questions I received answers immediately. Any concerns were addressed completely. Even my neighbors commented on the work, clean up and courtesy of the crew.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

07/19/2019

Marcin Z.

I was looking for a company that could install my roof with manufacturer's warranty, and Sound Roofing Systems was one of the few that could do that. I replaced my roof with a Certainteed shingles, I installed fascia board, and I replaced my gutters. Vince, the proprietor, also sold me on 4 sun tunnels, and I am glad I installed them. Altogether, I got a very good price (I think). The service was professional, the communication was timely, and I am very happy with the final product.

Description of Work
Great job on roof replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

05/13/2019

Carol H.

I was told, and this is a quote, "Hi Carol, we appreciate your interest in Sound Roofing Systems. I understand your urgency. I have sent sent your information over to Bret. He will be getting in contact with you by today or tomorrow. Thank you for your time." Well, apparently, no one actually understood my urgency or appreciated my time, because I was never contacted by Bret, by either phone or e-mail. Another contractor was able to reach me, so clearly there was not an issue with my contact information.

Description of Work
Roofing Project

Work Completed On 05/06/2019

01/02/2019

Jeremy D.

Sound Roofing Systems did an EXCELLENT job on our roof repair. They replaced a portion of an overhang at no extra charge, and we are very happy with their overall quality of work and professionalism.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 12/06/2018

01/02/2019

Jeremy D.

Sound Roofing was easy to work with, timely, and they did a great job re-roofing our home. They were knowledgable and patient with our questions. My wife and I appreciated being able to rely on their 27 years of service as both a source of confidence they'd get the job done, but also that our warranty actually MEANS something since they'll be around for years to come.

Description of Work
Re-roofing

Work Completed On 12/06/2018

12/19/2018

David T.

I have performed numerous major remodeling and construction projects over the years, including roofing work. Sound Roofing was really a pleasure to work with. Their prices were competitive, they were punctual and profession. The crews were great, and the final work product was as promised and without any rework required. This project was for a 1909 that was anything but a vanilla roofing job and they absolutely nailed it. I will be hiring them again in the spring for a flat PVC roof for a deck addition.

Description of Work
Complete re-roof, soffits and eaves and new gutters

Work Completed On 11/14/2018

11/27/2018

Dasi H.

I hired Sound Roofing for a small repair job on our roof in West Seattle. During a windy day, some of the tiles along the ridge of the roof were blown off. Rather than just replacing the few missing tiles, we had them replace all the ridgecaps with new ones on two sections of the roof. Had a bit of delay on scheduling the work, but Adam was good at communicating, so I wasn't too concerned. I don't technically know what it looks like up there, but I'd hire them again if needed.

Description of Work
Roof shingle repair

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

11/24/2018

Elizabeth K.

Pricing is comparable. Very good at cleaning up after themselves. Very good at cleaning up your yard after they completed. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Had a whole new roof put in. Total replacement.

Work Completed On 01/15/2018

08/06/2018

John W.

Just a terrific job. I could not be more satisfied with all of the Sound Roofing personnel who worked on the project. Very friendly and knowledgeable with a outstanding work ethic.

Description of Work
Tear off cedar shake roof and install new architectural composte shingle.

Review for Sound Roofing Systems Inc - 823 SW 152nd St, Burien, WA - 37298580

06/30/2018

Lynea A.

Adam was amazing. He came the very next day after I requested a quote and spent time walking around the house and then spent about 45 minutes going through all our choices listening to my concerns and then helping us to pick a roofing style that fit our needs. I had a wall that was open to the elements and I asked him to have his team create an overhang that would eleminate the exposure for that wall. Upon inspection of the wall, it was found to be rotten from all the rain. The wood was completely destroyed. His team created an overhang for the wall and then completely dismantled the wall, cut and removed all the damaged wood, repainted the wall and when finished the wall looked brand new and you couldn’t even tell it had been replaced. Adam came by a couple of times while the work was being done to make sure I was happy with the work so far and he came by the day the job completed to make sure everything was done correctly and again to make sure we were happy with the job. They Monday after the job was completed the owners brother came by to inspect the job and make sure that we were happy with the completed job and to give us the warranty paperwork and info on what to do and how to contact them if we needed anything. Great customer service all around. They were not the least expensive quote I received but they were perfect for what we needed done. All the other companies I interviewed were not willing to address the need for an extra overhang added and wouldn’t even look at the wall. They told me I would have to hire someone else to add to the roof line and fix the wall. Sound roofing systems was willing to go the extra mile to make sure all our needs were met without having to hire anyone else. This was the perfect company for us and if you need a new roof and maybe a little something else, this is the perfect company for you as well.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

05/01/2018

Martha M.

Very well. I interviewed 3 companies and selected Sound Roofing because of their professionalism, credentials and experience. They were efficient and lived up to all the terms of the contract (there was a small nick made to some stucco which they repaired.) the roof looks terrific and is backed by multiple warranties. The company has a long positive track record. I’d recommend them.

Description of Work
Roof replacement