Emily Russell, Registered Landscape Architect

Founded 2009 • With Angi since June 2012

I am Emily Russell, the owner and principal of Russell Design Source. I hold a bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture from the University of Washington and am a member of the American Society of Landscape Architects and licensed in Washington State. My expertise covers all aspects of Landscape Architecture from residential and campus design, urban planning to parks, public art, commercial spaces, and planned communities. I am a Puget Sound native and have enjoyed working in the State of Washington for over 10 years. I reside in Bremerton, WA with my husband, daughter, and Corgi dog, Rosie. After working with several prominent firms in the Puget Sound area, and starting and running a firm for another local company, I decided to utilize that experience and venture out on my own to establish Russell Design Source in 2010. I take great pride in offering a sustainable, affordable, and personal approach to landscape architecture, no matter the size of the project. Always with an emphasis on site specific design, I allow the place and the user to drive the design, never pushing my own agenda. I pride myself on making the most of existing conditions and love the challenge of a difficult site. Problem solving is my specialty....

PSG Lawn Care Services

PSG Lawn Care Services

We have the experience and dedication to bring your outdoor dreams to reality! Specializing in lawn/ yard work, pressure washing, deck mainenance, and many other outdoor maintanence services to make the outside of your house look amazing! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

02/11/2014

She just came out here and did a plan. Very knowledgeable, educated professional, prompt and her good buy for the service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Emily Russell, Registered Landscape Architect she laid out my landscape design.

CATEGORY hardscaping

11/21/2013

We chose to hire a landscape architect to guide us in the makeover of our front yard because we wanted to make such dramatic changes. Not only did we plan to replace the grass with a Northwest-friendly   low maintenance landscape, but we also wanted to add a parking pad, a new walkway and seating area, and to change our front entry. We knew what we wanted, but wondered if it was even possible on o...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Emily developed a plan for our front yard which included planting beds with rocks, a parking pad, a handicapped friendly front entrance, a new walkway and seating area, and a covered structure. She presented us with two detailed plans which included not only plant selections, but placement of plants, rocks, and hardscape features. She helped turn our ugly lawn into a beautiful, usable space.

CATEGORY landscaping,hardscaping

Thank you so much (Removed Member Name) for your kind words. It was wonderful working with you!

09/09/2013

Ms. Russell gave me drawings of redesigning my gardens/landscapes at 2 houses. I really like the fact that she listed options of plants based on our walk-thru of what I wanted and even more importantly what I didn't want. She was prompt, professional and very easy to talk to in laymans terms (since I am not a gardener).

CATEGORY landscaping

Thank you so much for your kind review, (member name removed). It was really a pleasure working for you at both gorgeous homes!

10/08/2012

Our front yard was in bad shape -- sloping toward the street, mostly moss with sparse grass, surrounded by a rock wall and uneven concrete steps leading from the front of the house to the street level. We contracted with Ms. Russell for landscape design services -- to design a more modern and welcoming front to our home/yard. She came out and measured and photographed the area and spoke with us at...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Develop and provide a comprehensive landscape plan for our front yard.

CATEGORY landscaping,hardscaping

06/12/2012

The service went fabulously!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My yard needed a total makeover and I had NO idea where to start. A client of mine recomended Emily to help me sort out things and possibly come up with a new more usable landscape plan. She went above and beyond what I had even imagined. I was sceptical at first because I usually like to be in charge of mine own projects but this one was just to big to tackle on my own. Now a few months later our new patio & yard looks amazing!! She took all my ideas and thoughts into play when coming up with a design and was flexible with my husband and I when we needed to change something.

CATEGORY landscaping

Thank you, Member! You are great to work for! It's exciting to see the project come together. I appreciate your review!

Services include: Commercial, Institutional, Residential, and Housing Communities Site Planning Planting Plans Hardscape and Grading Layout Drainage Issues Rain Gardens Low Maintenance and Drought Tolerant Landscapes Native Area and Shoreline Restoration Edible Gardens Site Specific Design Highest Quality Service Highly Competitive Rates