DHT Construction & Roofing

Founded 2012 • With Angi since April 2012

DHT Construction & Roofing LLC, Family owned & operated. At DHT Roofing we care about our customers needs. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our

2022 Super Service Award

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

roofing (30)skylight installation (7)gutter repair (4)window replacement (1)insulation (1)handyman (1)

09/14/2022

Robert S.

Very good, DHT Construction & Roofing did a great job.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 09/08/2022

06/30/2022

Heidi D.

Curtis and his team were very professional and did a great job on our roof and gutters. The roof was done in a timely fashion and our gutters were installed quicker than promised. We are very happy with the work done and the customer service provided and would highly recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
Roof and gutters

Work Completed On 06/30/2022

02/11/2022

Paul N.

We good work done by DHT Construction

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 02/11/2022

11/19/2021

Dirk H.

Curtis is an anomaly among contractors. He arrived exactly when he said he would. Did a thorough inspection of the job. Provided a reasonable quote and had the work done in a timely manner. Half the contractors I contacted never replied and two never showed up for the appointments they set. I highly recommend DHT Construction and Roofing.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 11/15/2021

11/03/2021

Jim C.

This company did an outstanding job for us providing a high quality roof installation that looks great! They worked with my general contractor coordinating the installation to meet critical deadlines as part of constructing an addition on to our home. Curtis kept me informed through the entire process. They provided us a contract up front, disclosing all of the important details. They also have provided great support on all of our questions after the job was complete. A few year's ago following a very bad wind storm, we had a large branch fall and damage our roof! They came out very quick and fixed the problem with no evidence that it ever even happened. They are very reasonable, honest and a pleasure to work with. I recommend them.

Description of Work
Roof installation

Work Completed On 11/03/2017

10/16/2021

Blaine K.

I had a great experience with this company - this is a longer review but the short version is they were wonderful and I would recommend them without hesitation. The longer version: Curtis was extremely responsive when I contacted him regarding a leak both by phone and by coming out the next day to evaluate the issue. They were also able to get the repair done relatively quickly considering my leak showed up the same time everyone else’s did right after our 1st big rain storm of the season. DHT was one of three companies that came out to give me a quote and this inspection was the most thorough; he checked all of the attic spaces in addition to the roof to make sure there were no other leaks that I just hadn’t seen yet. He was also the most respectful when explaining the issues to me, including showing me pictures from his inspection. DHT’s price point was midway between the other two quotes I received. More importantly, one of the companies that came out seemed pretty unconcerned whether or not I excepted their bid, while the other told me I needed an entire roof replacement for multiple “issues.” Neither of the other two companies were thorough enough to check the attic for additional concerns. When I asked Curtis about his thoughts on whether a roof replacement was necessary immediately and/or a good idea right now, he was very clear that there were some issues that needed to be fixed but that the roof could last several years with good maintenance and proactive work. He also was very honest with me when I tried to schedule a service that he thought was not appropriate for this time of year at a potential loss for his own business. Lastly, there were remaining materials after they completed the repair and they left those behind for me so that I would have them if something else came up at no additional cost. Having had my fair share of disappointing contractors, it’s nice to have someone I can refer others to without hesitating. There’s something to be said for a locally owned company that’s seems to be very invested in growing their business through solid work an excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Leak roof repair

Work Completed On 10/14/2021

10/15/2021

Susan M.

Fast, courteous & professional. Photos of the work they did with detailed explanation. Thank you Curtis and crew!!

Description of Work
Roofing & skylight fixed

Work Completed On 10/15/2021

08/20/2021

Stephanie H.

The crew was respectful and thorough. They cleaned up after themselves each day and were always there when they said they would be. They answered all my questions. I am very pleased with my new roof.

Description of Work
New roof and skylight.

Work Completed On 08/09/2021

08/06/2021

Roger A.

We had a full assessment of our damaged roof, discussed in detail the various courses of action to repair the roof to our expectations, and felt very confident that we would be satisfied with the result. Our expectations were more than we ever expected. The products, workmanship, and competence of all members of the work team could not have been better. We were kept informed during all phases of work and we are totally satisfied with the final product.

Description of Work
Roofing and attic venting

Work Completed On 08/04/2021

Review for DHT Construction & Roofing - 13703 Big Sky Dr E, Bonney Lake, WA - 39431818

06/20/2021

Stan F.

I am a DIY guy who rarely hires contractors for home improvement projects. My 4200 square foot shake roof needed replacement and we decided to go with a thick Owens Corning shake-like shingle (Woodmoor Chestnut). The project involved removing the old shakes, installing the new shingles, plywood sheathing, skylights/solar tunnels, underlayment, vents and lots of flashing. Being a DIY guy, I was very apprehensive about trusting this expensive project to a stranger. I picked DHT based on Owens Corning recommendation, online reviews and meeting with Curtis. When the crew showed up it was obvious that they had been briefed on the job details and my anxieties. I quickly realized that Brian, the team lead, was an experienced professional who I could trust. A couple minor issues arose during the project and each was thoroughly and courteously resolved. We had almost 2” of rain during the construction – but not a single drop found its way into the attic. The finished product exceeds our expectation. I did not think anything would look as good as new shakes – but this new roof comes close. Based on this experience I have reason to be less anxious over hiring a contractor in the future.

Description of Work
Remove existing shakes, install plywood sheathing, install new shingles and all accessories.

Work Completed On 06/20/2021

06/10/2021

Diane S.

DHT Construction responded quickly with a thorough inspection and quote. Curtis spent time answering all my questions. The tear off, reroof and new gutters were completed with careful clean up each day. Communication was ongoing with everything and as stated. I highly recommend DHT Construction for their terrific and professional services.

Description of Work
Complete tear off and reroof New Gutters

Work Completed On 06/10/2021

06/01/2021

Stephen S.

I give Curtis and his DHT Construction and Roofing the highest possible 5-star rating! He and his team have given us an excellent new roof, attic ventilation, and gutter system. Curtis and his team are conscientious, efficient workers and communicated with us at every step of the process. He gave us advance warning of any deliveries and processes that might impact our neighbors' shared driveway area, and he minimized this impact by scheduling deliveries of materials outside of business hours. We are very pleased with Curtis and his entire team at DHT Construction and Roofing, and we recommend them highly for anyone who wants a high-quality roof.

Description of Work
Roof and gutter installation and attic ventilation

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 05/24/2021

05/16/2021

Blair N.

Curtis and his crew were responsive, communicated clearly, and very professional. They showed up on time, did great work, and cleaned up the job site well. I appreciated Curtis's focus on providing value and building a trusting relationship. If you need a contractor with integrity, call DHT.

Description of Work
Replace three windows and install flashing on roof.

Category roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

05/10/2021

Peggy T.

It went very well. His employees were very friendly and knew what they were doing. They cleaned up after themselves. And Curtiss was very professional and knows what he is talking about. No hidden fees. If a problem came up he was right here explaining why something changed snd if we wanted to still go with the plan or not. Yes I would hire him again and refer him to others.

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

04/28/2021

Adam W.

Fantastic job! Highly professional, respectful, thorough, and communicative.

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 04/28/2021

04/27/2021

TYNE F.

It went really well. They did a really good job and they explained everything to us. They were really nice.

Description of Work
They replaced my roof and gutter.

Work Completed On 04/12/2021

06/20/2019

Lisa K.

Good communication, easy to schedule and work was completed on time.

Description of Work
Installed an attic fan

Work Completed On 05/17/2019

05/11/2019

Daniel M.

I'm so pleased with this entire experience it is almost difficult to know where to begin. Curtis, the owner, arrived on time for our appointment, spending as much time as necessary to answer my question and educate me on all of my choices. He then tailored the job to match my requests and code requirements, while keeping an eye on my insurance adjuster's estimate. This helped ensure a smooth process for me financially, which I appreciate. The roofing materials were delivered the day before start day and properly staged on the roof. On roofing day Curtis' crew showed up on time and attacked the job like a well-choreographed bee swarm. I've never seen a more polite, harder-working crew than this crew. They managed to knock out this job in one day, finishing a day ahead of schedule. When they were done they cleaned up completely, leaving my yard cleaner than they found it! My new roof looks great, and is guaranteed for life as long as I live here, or carries a 25-year guarantee should I sell my home before then. It is such peace of mind knowing that I will never again have to worry about my roof! To say I'm impressed doesn't do what they delivered justice...I'm in awe! Give Curtis a call...you won't regret it! Thank you, DHT!

Description of Work
Asphalt Shingle Removal and Install

Cost $9,634.57

Work Completed On 05/07/2019

12/24/2018

Wayne S.

The removal of the old roofing and the installation of the new materials went well and the crew was efficient and fast. The materials used were of high quality and the warranty promised was very good. With the level of experience and training, I am confident the new roof will be trouble free for many years to come. I would highly recommend Curtis Thompson and his company.

Description of Work
Complete new roof.

Work Completed On 12/18/2018

12/05/2018

Michelle H.

Professional and trustworthy. Will definitely hire when we need roof replacement.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

03/25/2018

Luanne B.

Owner very knowledgeable and professional. Roof was completely replaced, old insulation was removed and replaced with new, proper venting installed, and 3 solar tubes installed, all in THREE working days! Fantastic crew and quality workmanship. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Roof replacement, new insulation, venting, solar tubes

Category insulation, roofing

Work Completed On 03/19/2018

07/17/2017

Jim W.

DHT performed a great installation of my roof. The crew worked steady each day, arrived at the job site on time.. I liked all the materials i selected, and was surprised of the quality in them. The crew done a complete clean up of the area at the end of each day., and were very polite. Curtis and team supervisor Ron helped along with their crew make a smooth transition from a decaying roof to a fantastic new roof. I am satisfied with this project. JW.

Description of Work
A complete roof replacement due to worn out material .