Gilman Restorations

Founded 2010 • With Angi since July 2012

5545 Bayvue Rd

Blaine, WA 98230

Family owned & operated company that has been in the construction trade for over 20 years. Charges are determined by services provided. Additional Phone - (603) 422-3161. Additional email - erin@gilmanrestorations.com.

01/25/2013

Ellen F.

Gilman Restoration responded to a Craig's list ad I had posted for cottage cleaning. I checked out the site and met up with the owner and her daughter the following Saturday. They cleaned my house twice and returned twice. The first time was because the renter and realtor complained. Among other things, they had left a large lobster pot untouched and the smell was atrocious. My realtor had to explain to them what cleaning the house entailed. The second time they returned to temporarily fix the back shower. This was in anticipation that they would eventually replace it. They were paid $100.00 per visit. They then approached me with the offer to remove the shed and install the toilet and shower. The price was $1,200. I paid them $1,000 in checks and $200.00 in cash. They replaced the toilet with a $160.00 toilet. Their worker got hurt so they all went to the hospital leaving no roof on the shed and debris in the yard. I was certainly sympathetic to the situation and other personal events that occurred in their lives but was promised that the work would be completed on various dates which never happened. They then stated that clients with signed contracts got done first and I did not have one. I was never asked to sign a contract. As the roofless shed and other debris constituted an unsafe environment for my tenants and Gilman would not follow through with dates promises, I could wait no longer and had the work done in late November. Please remember that this process began in August. They are dishonest and unreliable.

Description of Work
Replace toilet, shower, and remove shed

Category home remodeling

07/28/2012

Elizabeth W.

From the moment I called them and spoke with their office manager I knew I would hire this comapny. They were amazing from the very moment they came for my free estimate. The owner personally came for the bid and was there every step of the way through the job. The crew was on time, professional and very reliable. They stayed on budget (which lets face it, is very rare) and took the time to explain everything to me when I had questions. I can not say enough about this company, In a very hard time for me and my family they really saved us. I was planning a much higher budget but the owner worked with me every step saving me money anywhere he could. They respected my home and my family. I will never use another company for any job, I was thrilled with the outcome and have my dream kitchen!

Description of Work
I hired this company to do a full remodel of my kitchen and my main bathroom. My home had flooded and I needed it done immediately, they complied right away. They replaced all appliances, cabinets, floors and patched and painted ceilings and walls. Replaced windows and sliding glass doors. In the bathroom they completely gutted and re did everything.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Jay's Painting & Home Services

Interior and exterior painting, light construction.

Pg landscaping360 LLC

Green Landscape Management LLC

Landscaping, ground maintenance, trimming, mowing and much more just give me call

Full remodels, renovations & restorations including from fire & flood damage, interior and exterior painting, siding, window & door replacements, flooring, drywall, decks and patios, landscaping & design.