J&A Remodeling LLC

Founded 2010 • With Angi since March 2011

2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2013, and 2011 Angie's List Super Service Award winners. We are committed to providing and maintaining top quality work at an affordable price for our customers. Our goal is to provide our customers with prompt, high quality and affordable professional service. In fact, we have a guarantee on all of our services and products. Unique from many other contractors, J&A Remodeling LLC offers, customers the hassle free one stop service. Our one stop service includes, design, product selection, discounted product supply and installation. This all inclusive service saves our customers time and money not to mention the headache of multiple contractors....

A Service Provider's profile image

+192 more images

home remodeling (112)basement remodeling (6)plumbers (33)tile installation (29)electrician (28)interior painting (26)flooring (24)drywall (22)countertop installation (21)marble & granite (12)cabinet makers (12)woodworking (7)

01/04/2021

Sandra B.

J&A did excellent work at a very reasonable price. We hired them in 2015 for a bathroom remodeling for the basement bathroom, and we were very happy with their work, so we were happy to bring them back for the main floor bathroom. J&A were prompt and reliable in communication, provided a detailed quote, and started/completed the project on schedule. Their workmanship is great, and the quality of work is very satisfactory.

Description of Work
Main floor bathroom remodel

Category bathtub refinishing

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

Review for J&A Remodeling LLC - 15708 NE 6th St, Bellevue, WA - 39114519

12/21/2020

Sead N.

J & A Remodeling LLC and it's Employees have done the best and an extraordinary job for me. I'm very satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
Kitchen & Bathroom

Category bathtub refinishing, custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/20/2020

Review for J&A Remodeling LLC - 15708 NE 6th St, Bellevue, WA - 39096549

12/14/2020

Cori D.

We had a great experience working with J&A remodeling on our kitchen remodel. Jemal’s team was very professional, reliable and always on time. Jemal did everything he could to move our project along even we had delays outside of his control (our custom cabinet maker was the main reason for our delays). If any mistakes were done, the team took care of it without pointing blame. I highly recommend J&A and would hire them again for our next project.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

Review for J&A Remodeling LLC - 15708 NE 6th St, Bellevue, WA - 39083249

01/09/2020

Alex E.

I hired J&A to remodel my kids bathroom and my downstairs bedroom. I have a 1924 craftsman home, so there was ancient wiring, unlevel floors, and messy lathe and plaster. I received a bid very quickly, and it was a thorough bid that was very competitive for the scope of work. The owner Jemal Adem and his team of project managers were great to work with throughout the project. When there were problems or complications, they took immediate ownership and worked hard to get the project back on track. You really need that in order to reduce stress when your house is a construction site. I couldn’t be happier with the results. Look at the before/after photos and see for yourself. I searched for a long time to find a group that would take on this medium-sized project, with many contractors never calling me back or taking forever to produce vague estimates. Best of all, J&A was committed to finishing the project on time. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
remodel of a bathroom and a bedroom

Category drywall, electrician, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/02/2019

Review for J&A Remodeling LLC - 15708 NE 6th St, Bellevue, WA - 38322650

12/30/2019

Kalid A.

We contracted J&A Remodeling for a major Kitchen construction and remodeling in our Kitchen. The scope of the construction was very large. It included framing and plumbing. Even though, They were booked out at the time, J & A still managed to work within our desired schedule and completed the job within the time frame we had requested. Throughout the construction, They really listened to our envisioned design; provided us with their professional opinions and gave us options to help us achieve the best results within our budget. We appreciate Jemal and Ahmeds’ up front and honest pricing that we didn't have to deal with any "surprises" or issues along the way. Our remodeled kitchen looks amazing! We couldn't be more happier with the results! It looks a hundred times more expensive than what we actually spent. We have received many compliments from our neighbors and guests. The remodeled Kitchen has added a lot value to our property. We really appreciate the quality work that J & A has done. We are extremely pleased with the end result and a smooth construction process. We will definitely hire J & A again without hesitation for our next renovation project.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodeling

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/14/2019

12/27/2019

Sinit G.

J & A is the way to go. They have superseded my expectations. I can't say enough about these guys. They're punctual, they're polite, and treat you as if you're their only clients. Their professionalism shows in management, quality of work and customer service. My husband and I heard many dreadful stories and we were very stressed before even starting our project. These guys made this process seamless. The project was extremely successful. It was timely and most importantly on budget. we can be any happier. If you are looking for sincere people in helping you renovate your home, J&A is the way to go. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We renovated our kitchen, Bathroom and converted our stairs from carpet to hardwood.

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

12/11/2019

Haytham A.

Fabulous! Ahmed and his team were very responsive, very punctual, very hard working and very careful about the details. They assigned a very knowledgable project manager who always errors on the side of over-communication (which I pretty much appreciated). We just love how the bathroom turned out!

Description of Work
Guest bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 06/25/2019

12/02/2019

Stephanie B.

They were fantastic to work with from start to finish. Great communication with Cameron & Ahmed. The construction crew, Abdula was incredibly hard working and worked to finish our master bathroom with touch-ups from start to finish in 5 weeks. We absolutely love how it turned out and will absolutely be hiring J&A again for our guest bathroom remodel! Thank you J&A! If you are looking for a great crew to do an awesome job, look no further. These guys are worth every penny.

Description of Work
J&A helped remodel our master bathroom.

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

08/03/2019

Ron A.

I would hire this outfit again for any project. They offered an early start, completed on time and per initial estimate. Their crew was amazing. Enormously amiable people, very competent, dealt with every anomoly in the project with great solutions. Can't say enough about these 2 guys. Total project was about $24K, my wife and I did much of the purchasing of major items based on contractor recommended vendors, contract with J&A was for the mod/install only including the construction materials. Absolutely pleased.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 08/03/2019

05/16/2019

Fan Z.

J & A did my guest bathroom remodeling in February. The work was done nicely. Both the project manager Khalid, and the workers, Abdul and Bek, were very professional and pleasant to work with. The project was complete within my budget and the result is beautiful. I will definitely recommend J&A to my friends and consider use them again in any future projects.

Description of Work
guest bathroom remodeling

Work Completed On 02/28/2019

Review for J&A Remodeling LLC - 15708 NE 6th St, Bellevue, WA - 37884206

05/01/2019

Sheila C.

Everything went well. We are very happy with our beautiful new bathroom. Ahmed, Khalid, Adnan, Victor, Ben, and the others were all very professional. We would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel - convert tub into a shower, replace double vanity, replace toilet, retile bathroom floor, tile shower, add electrical outlets, install ceiling vent, paint and some drywall repair.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Cost $15,621.48

Work Completed On 03/20/2019

Review for J&A Remodeling LLC - 15708 NE 6th St, Bellevue, WA - 37850336

12/12/2018

Fan Z.

Ahmed from J&A called me a week later after my initial attempt to reach out to them. He explained the reason of the delayed response and set an appointment with me for the following week. On the day of our appointment, he came to my house on right on time to take measurements and do an estimate of the bathroom. He explained everything in a clear manner. The next day, he sent me an proposal in details. We have decided to proceed our project with them. I will update with more of my experience as our project moves on.

Description of Work
Consultant and estimate on remodeling a guest bathroom

Work Completed On 12/20/2018

08/15/2018

Genevieve J.

After getting four other contractors out to give us a quote, none of them got back to me. J&A was a welcome change. They were prompt, communicative, provided excellent craftsmanship for the price and were a real joy to work with. Remodels are stressful on homeowners, especially with two small kids, and they went above and beyond to make the process very easy and quick. We're so thrilled with our new bathroom! We will definitely call them again when it's time to remodel another one of our bathrooms.

Description of Work
Master bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

Review for J&A Remodeling LLC - 15708 NE 6th St, Bellevue, WA - 37323788

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was our pleasure working with you and your family. Here at J&A Remodeling, we try our best to make the process smooth, and strive to provide the least amount of inconvenience to our customers during the whole project. We understand how stressful it can be for homeowners and thus try to ease your worries and search for ways to make our best even better. We are so happy you love your new master bathroom, and look forward to working with you again when you are ready for any other remodeling projects for your home.

08/14/2018

Karen S.

Superior work and work ethic. First class all the way. Timely, gracious, respectful, attentiveness to detail. They also loved my cat.

Description of Work
complete bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

We are so glad you chose J&A Remodeling for your bathroom remodeling project. It was a pleasure working with you. It is feedback like yours that continues to makes us love what we do. Our company functions as a team and continue to train in bettering our customer service and workmanship. Thank you for acknowledging our hard work and hope you enjoy your new bathroom. Please reach out to us if you have any other remodeling needs. p.s You have a great cat.

06/29/2018

Michael M.

We were so pleased by the meticulous craftsmanship of our remodel job including putting in a new window, the tile work, ceramic floors, etc. J & A were easy to work with and listened carefully to what we wanted, checking with us as the job went along. The two men who worked on this remodel were so hardworking. The final result is an absolutely beautiful new bathroom!!

Description of Work
Total bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, plumbing, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

We are so glad you like your new bathroom. We thank you for your great review and appreciate your acknowledgement of our hardworking crew. We always strive to do better with each project and our success comes from listening to our customers' requests, and communicating with them throughout the whole project. We hope to work with you again for any more of your remodeling needs.

04/06/2018

Steve H.

The bathroom was completed within the 4-6 week time-frame quoted by J&A. The work was completed to our satisfaction, and we are pleased with the workmanship. J&A made suggestions that benefited our vision.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/06/2018

Thank you for choosing J&A for your bathroom remodeling project. We do our best to meet the time line we quote to our customers as we understand how stressful a remodeling project can be to homeowners. We pride ourselves in being transparent and realistic about what to expect when starting any remodeling project to our customers. Our talented Sales and Project Managers provide recommendations to our customers based on their years of experience and craftsmanship. We appreciate your great review and hope you have been enjoying your newly remodeled bathroom.

03/12/2018

Kathryn J.

An excellent contracting company - Jemal's and Ahmed's team have worked with us on 2 remodeling projects - a master bathroom and basement bedroom remodel - over the last 2 years. Both projects were done on time and on budget. They're excellent communicators throughout the scope of the work (we had daily check-ins with our project managers) and I found their bids to be the most thorough and reasonably-priced of the contractors I initially bid out to. I would not hesitate to use them again (and probably will once we scrounge up money for a kitchen remodel!)

Description of Work
Master Bathroom and Basement Bedroom Remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

Thank you so much for your awesome review. We appreciate your acknowledgment of our hard working management and crew. We are constantly striving to provide excellent service to our customers. Our business heavily depends on referrals and repeat business and thus we values our customers' satisfaction and pride ourselves in doing everything we can to work within our customers budget. We look forward to working with you again to remodel your kitchen.

02/28/2018

Nick G.

We have an older home, and needed a finished basement remodel. Unfortunately slightly out of our budget,

Description of Work
Finish basement

Work Completed On 11/05/2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry we were not able to meet your budget to finish your basement. With any remodeling work, it is always important for contractors to factor in any possible surprises. This is even more so difficult with older homes depending on the project. J&A takes careful consideration of every remodeling project and makes recommendations factoring in our customer's budget while providing detailed estimates with full transparency in every proposal. We sincerely hope you found a contractor that meets your needs. Please feel free to contact us for any questions.

02/24/2018

Dean G.

J&A’s bid to repair the visible damage was very competitive. The best, though, is that when they uncovered the hidden damage, they repaired it quite thoroughly but without incurring unnecessary expense. The whole management and service team – Ahmed, Khalid, Adem, Nawaj – was efficient, professional, flexible, and a pleasure to work with. The end result was above our expectations, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
J&A Remodeling helped us with a project that began with a small leak behind a laundry room wall. There was extensive visible damage to the floor, requiring a full replacement, damage to the basement ceiling below, and who knew how much hidden damage and plumbing issues behind the wall.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/19/2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. In our line of business unexpected setbacks are common, but J&A remodeling tries to overcome any problems with limited inconvenience to our customers, whether it be cost or comfort related. We appreciate your acknowledgment of our management and service team. It is because of reviews like yours that we find our work very rewarding. Please contact us if you should ever need our services. We look forward to working with you again.

11/21/2017

Taylor B.

Overall, J&A remodeling did a good job. There were a few issues along the way but we are happy with how things turned out. Angel, who was our key contractor on the job worked extremely hard and I really appreciated that. First, I do want to say thank you for J&A for doing there best to work with us on price. It was still expensive, but as compared to 7 other contractors their prices were great & competitive & they were willing to work with us. So I do give them an A rating there. Second, the planning & project management was okay, & mediocore. I do feel the project could have been a lot more efficiently & quickly. A few key measurements were misplaced multiple times & if I wouldn't have been in the home a huge amount of time the during the 5 week project, things would have been installed not according to our initial measurements. J&A was insistent on only having one person working in the home at a time. I personally don't like this approach when you are having a huge mess made in a house you are living in. We could have brought in more man power & got the job done quicker, but, 90% of the workers who came and worked each day, worked hard. The quality of work was good in most areas. I do feel the tile job was not great (subway tile shower), details & finish work on the tile could have been better. When I mentioned I thought it could have been better to the contractor, we were told "don't rush him" and he'll do good work. If the tile guy has time to take 4 smoked breaks every 2 hours and work from only 9 am - 11:30 am each day, he's got time to do quality work. The other portion of the restroom was good quality & Angel worked very hard & we appreciated that. I do like how we were able to communicate via group text & overall they did a great job of getting back to us with issues that came up & communicating quickly & efficiently. I appreciated that. There were a few moments when a problem came up that I was disappointed with how the situations were handled but overall the communication was good. Overall, J&A did a good job. The measurements & initial project approach needs to be more detailed & laid out, it was a bit sloppy & required us to have our plans locked in tight when we were hoping for direction on things like measurements & spacing, etc... We appreciate them working with us on price & working hard to resolve issues & are happy with the way things turned out. We do love the new bathroom after the long remodel journey!

Description of Work
Master Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We are very glad you like your new bathroom. We try our best to work with all of our customers remodeling costs for every project. We apologize for the delay in the completion of your bathroom remodeling. In our line of business there are a lot of factors that come in to play, some unexpected, but we try to accommodate as best we can. This is also one of the reasons we use group texts to communicate with our customers and everyone involved, so as to address any issues that may come up and to ensure accountability. After reading your review, we have spoken to Angel, the main contractor on your project, in regards to the employee that worked on your tiles and he has since been let go. J&A appreciates your review and we would love to work with you on any future remodeling endeavors. Happy Holidays!

11/01/2017

Miguel H.

J&A was my first experience in a remodeling project. They really took care of my project from start to finish. As new home owner I had 0 knowledge on remodeling and J&A went above and beyond helping through the whole process from helping on design, figuring out what material I needed to buy and getting things done. They provided an attentive and responsive service, adjusting the plan as needed. Overall I am happy, though the project took a lot more time than I expected.

Description of Work
Remodeled my basement including: family room, bedroom and 3rd bath room. Installed hardwood flooring, drywalls, paint and tiled fireplace. Turned my 0.5 bathroom into 0.75 with a new shower, vanity and tile. They turned my shabby basement into a really neat and fully finished which adds a lot of value to my property.

Category drywall, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

We are so glad you took a chance in hiring J&A for your project. We understand how overwhelming it could be to take on a remodeling project for the first time. Our experienced management team work very closely to ease any concerns our customers may have. They use their expertise to make creative recommendations. We strive to offer high quality remodeling services to all of our customers. We are very pleased that you are happy with your new basement. Please feel free to contact us if we can be of service. We want to thank you from all of us at J&A for taking time out to write a review.

10/26/2017

Maria S.

On time, very good quality work, easy to work with people, always made sure they clean after themselves every day. In general a good experience.

Description of Work
Master bathroom and closet remodel.

Work Completed On 10/01/2017