Artisan Piano Services

Founded 2005 • With Angi since April 2014

227 Bellevue Way NE 433

Bellevue, WA 98004

$25 DOLLAR DISCOUNT - Artisan Piano Services provides a unique blend of old world craftsmanship and care with today’s technology and convenience while delivering unparalleled piano service. We’ve built our reputation on the excellence of our artisans as well as the absolute quality of services we provide. With our staff of highly trained technicians, we carry on the time-honored tradition of music, art and craftsmanship. Whether you are an accomplished professional, a budding artist, a teacher, or a family of beginners, our qualified piano technicians will create a memorable and worthwhile experience at each piano service....

11/17/2018

Sharon J.

Josh called first to give us notice he was on his way. He was very cordial and professional. He took the time to show us why our 25 year old piano was in need of refurbishing. We made another appointment to have him return to do the work he suggested.

Description of Work
Piano tuning

04/04/2018

JEREMY AND DARCIE S.

The did a great job and talked us through the state of the piano. Since it hadn't been tuned in years, they are recommending a second tuning after a month. They provide a discount for that tuning. They are easy to schedule with and super friendly.

Description of Work
Tuned a 10 year old piano

11/21/2017

Luis A.

I was really happy with the tuning services. Josh was very professional and respectful. I will definitely have them come back.

Description of Work
Piano Tuning

10/03/2017

Lynne F.

They did a great job and we will continue to use them for piano tuning or anything else that comes up since we trust them and their expertise. My first contact with the person I talked to on the phone was informative and she gave me the confidence to schedule an appointment for someone to come and take a look. Josh came to our house and was very personable and professional. He called both times to confirm our appointments and! arrived on time. The piano sounds great and is a pleasure to play now.

Description of Work
I had some keys sticking on the baby grand piano I inherited from my mom, and love. They assessed the situation and let us know what the solution was and cost would be.

08/21/2017

Angela C.

Josh came out and was very thorough. He even vacuumed out the inside! After he was done with tuning, he explained about rebuilding several internal piano parts (for example, where the hammers hit the strings) every ten years or so. We have booked a follow-up appointment for him to make these improvements (it will be an extra $750), and we look forward to hearing even better tonality and getting better responsiveness from the key action :)

Description of Work
We made an appointment to have our baby grand piano tuned...needed a new tuner after using another (now retired) one.

06/21/2017

Katy H.

The honesty, timeliness and profesionalism of the Tech (Josh) was terrific. He evaluated the piano and was honest enough to say that to tune and appraise the piano for resale would be more expensive than the piano was worth. He even suggested a piano mover if needed. I would recommend Artisan Piano in Bellevue if you have any piano needs.

Description of Work
Evaluation, tune up, appraisal of old piano

05/23/2017

Wenhong C.

The technician called before arrival and he performed the job professionally. We had some issues a couple weeks later with the sound of the piano. I called the office and the same technician came again. The issue was with the loose screw of the piano lid. I was happy they did;t charge me for the second trip.

Description of Work
Our upright piano hasn't been tuned for a while after several moves. So we need someone who can tune our piano.

04/24/2017

Robert K.

Outstanding service, on time, professional, and will retune on a yearly basis.

Description of Work
Tuned a sadly out-of-tune baby grand.

04/10/2017

JOHN P.

Technician showed up on time and was very professional. Did a nice job tuning. Recommended and would hire again.

Description of Work
Routine Piano Tuning

04/04/2017

carmi B.

It I always expensive to go out there so I guess it is acceptable. They are good.

Description of Work
Piano tune up.

03/28/2017

LAUREN T.

Great - would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
We bought a used piano for our daughter and it needed tuning. We didn't pay a lot for it and wasn't certain what kind of shape it was in. The technician was very thorough and knowledgeable and told us he could tune it and clean it up, but that it really wasn't worth sinking a lot of money in to. I appreciated that he didn't try to sell me what I truly didn't need!

02/26/2017

James A.

Great! The representative explained the various issues with my piano and gave me several options on how I wanted to go about utilizing them.

Description of Work
Assessment and tuning.

02/13/2017

Rebecca B.

Very nicely and great for them to come on short notice.

Description of Work
Piano tuning

01/23/2017

HAO D.

Very good! Love the work, and the amount of communication.

Description of Work
Piano Tuning

01/05/2017

Jeffrey C.

It was very good. The workers are very good.

Description of Work
They did piano tuning.

01/05/2017

Richard M.

They were fine. They did a good job. I gave them a B on pricing only because they charge a travel fee. Which I agreed to, but it would have been nice to not have that. They were professional and did a great job.

Description of Work
Piano tuning.

12/27/2016

Shantanu C.

I've used them a couple of times. They have been very good. We have used them twice and we'll continue using them. I have no complaints. They delivered as expected, they are professional, they are courteous and they know what they are doing. I didn't have a reason to look for somebody else. They did a very good job.

Description of Work
They tuned the piano.

12/26/2016

That was fantastic. They are so very professional.

Description of Work
I used Artisan Piano Services for piano tuning services. They just did a tuning.

Sue D.

I was extremely impressed with their honesty and professionalism. When we get another piano I will definitely use their services!

Description of Work
I needed a parlor grand piano tuned. They got there and worked for about 30 minutes and then asked how old the piano was. It was about 100 yrs old and they then explained the "life expectancy" of a piano - 50 years. I was very sad about this as I was the 3rd generation to play it.

satoko P.

Very satisfied and I will hire them again. The receptionist on the phone was also very helpful.

Description of Work
Tuning piano

Rachel E.

Great! They vacuumed out the inside of my sweet old piano and tuned it up so it plays beautifully again. My favorite part was when I asked how it sounds, the technician played a gorgeous song to demonstrate. It made me so happy to hear. Thanks!

Description of Work
Basic upright piano tuning.

11/02/2016

Keri B.

Excellent customer service at a reasonable price, including an Angie's list coupon. They sent me an appointment confirmation email which included a photo of the person who would be coming out. Josh was on time, polite and knowledgeable. He took off his shoes before he came in, worked diligently, and pointed out a few issues with our piano that we might want to consider addressing in the future. No high pressure upselling, just a great customer service experience. Will definitely use again and recommend their company.

Description of Work
Piano tuning

08/05/2016

Frances M.

After just two visits, the change was remarkable, and that is quite an understatement but I don't have my Thesaurus handy or I would add many, many other descriptors. Chords are harmonious, notes are clear, and when I play, it sounds as though I know what I'm doing. Josh Mayfied was our Technician Extraordinaire, and Doug. Angela, and Raelyn were wonderful for setting up the appointments (one of which I had to quickly change), answering questions, and even sending me birthday wishes! Kind and caring people all.

Description of Work
My wonderful children knew that I wanted a piano like the one I had learned on many, many years ago - a Baldwin Acrosonic - and actually found one for free but that needed to be picked up from storage and moved away post haste. So away it went in the back of a truck, bouncing it's way from Everett to Renton, then carried down the side of our home into our basement which was being remodeled. When all was done, this poor instrument had been moved at least 7 times around the basement area until it finally found a wall it could call its own. And there it sat for well over a year before I had the good sense to look on AL for a tuner. It was time to have chords sound like something other than a post-apocalyptic dirge. The very positive reviews for Artisan Piano Services put them in first place to do this work.

07/26/2016

Christopher T.

Excellent service. Friendly and personable.

Description of Work
Clean couch and chair

06/20/2016

Joan M.

A young technician came and did a adequate job of tuning the piano. I had a coupon for $50 which meant my total was $125. The young man that came was pleasant and did a good job but there was no "value added". He wasn't familiar with the brand of piano and didn't mention that having a piano sitting in front of a window could be a problem. For the price they are charging (at least $50 more than others, I don't feel it was worth the extra, had I had to pay it. They did have a very fancy decorated car, so I'm assuming that could be the reason for the extra charges. They did a good job, but have no reason to charge $175 when most providers doing similar work charge $100.

Description of Work
Tuned my piano.

Musical Instrument Repair
    Piano Tuning

Piano Tuning, Repairs, Rebuilding & Restoration. Piano Lessons.