AMERICAN ROSE GARDEN

9:00 AM - 5:00 AM

5820 148 Pl se

Bellevue, WA 98006

amercanrosegarden.com

American Rose Garden has been in business since 1991. Since then, we have worked hard to tailor to our client's lawn and home improvement needs. Our demeanor is and always will be friendly, personable,and, of course, professional. We take pride in what we do, and we've kept that positive mind frame since 1991, reflecting it back onto the work we've done for our former, current, and future clientele. It’s no wonder our clients keep and refer us to their friends, families, and coworkers year after year-we’re simply good at what we do....

lawn care (127)lawn & landscaping (78)hardscaping (29)tree service (23)mulch delivering (20)lawn treatment (11)pressure washing (6)fence company (4)landscape lighting (3)irrigation system (2)decks & porches (2)

04/01/2021

Nigel T.

I have never seen such a great company before. They transformed my whole back garden. It was exceptional work and our garden is unrecognizable, idyllic in comparison with the way it was before. I can not recommend this company more highly! If there were infinite starts available this company would get them. I am very very pleased!

Description of Work
Re-turfing and laying a path. Adding rocks to define borders

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment

Work Completed On 03/31/2021

Review for AMERICAN ROSE GARDEN - 5820 148 Pl se, Bellevue, WA - 39275542

06/19/2019

John B.

Requested quote never heard from them.

Description of Work
Needed yard work

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

During the peak season I’m getting overwhelmed with emails so it’s easier to call me in case I’m not responding on email

06/19/2019

Nick P.

Tad is very responsive and easy to work with. He dealt with challenges (like access and parking) without a word of complaint. His price was fair, crew hard working, and overall job very well done. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Total yard clean, lay down mulch.

12/03/2018

Diana & Nicholas O.

I called Tad from American Rose Garden last spring to discuss options to bring our lawn back to life as it was not looking the best! Tad arrived on time and was very easy to talk to. He was polite, personable and knowledgeable. He informed us of the pros and cons to option 1) re-seeding the entire lawn and option 2) laying sod. He kindly costed both methods out for us to help in our decision. After some consideration, we decided to have new sod laid and have the instant gratification of a nice lush green lawn. At the same time, we also had Tad and his team clean up the front and back yards, lay down fresh mulch and put in a few new shrubs. Tad’s team were polite and hard-working and they transformed our yard beyond recognition. Tad was rightly concerned with how our new lawn was going to get sufficient and regular watering, particularly with summer around the corner. He recommended getting an automatic timer and advised me about the type of sprinkler to buy and where to place it to ensure that all areas of the lawn would be watered. Tad later came back to install our new timer and help get our watering system set up correctly. Even though this took up most of his morning and involved a trip to the hardware store, he refused payment for this return visit. I was so impressed with this company from start to finish. Tad and his team were wonderful and I would not hesitate to recommend American Rose Garden to anyone looking to rejuvenate their landscaping.

Description of Work
New lawn installed, beds mulched and yard clean-up

Category landscaping,lawn service,mulch

Work Completed On 05/31/2018

07/20/2018

Carol D.

Excellent workers. Turned out beautiful and the design worked out perfectly.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

07/06/2018

dezhou S.

they help building a rock retaining wall and a small segment of fence, it seems good enough for the price

Description of Work
retaining wall and fence

Category fencing,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 05/12/2018

11/06/2017

Nancy L.

Very well. Tad was very personable, knowledgeable and took his time giving me suggestions.

Description of Work
Landscape evaluation and suggestion for front and back yards

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

10/13/2017

Alok S.

They are very professional and gave a lot of good insights. Very knowledgeable and experienced person. I am happy with the consultation and extent of ideas as they fit what we wanted. What we were aghast at were the prices quoted to landscape. They were wildly over what we were thinking of. This could be because we didn't know the prices or the landscaper is expensive -shrug-

Description of Work
We wanted our backyard landscaped and hence had called them for an evaluation.

Category fencing,landscaping,lawn service,mulch

Work Completed On 10/13/2017

08/25/2017

Rich J.

They did a good job! They fully pulled out the vines and vine roots and no growth has come back. They were reasonably priced, arrived when they said they were going to and were easy to work with. We would hire them again.

Description of Work
Remove a large section of ivy vines in our yard

Work Completed On 08/25/2017

08/23/2017

Steve W.

American Rose Garden did a excellent job. I would highly recommend them. Tad is a great communicator and I was always informed of what was going on and what was coming next. I have used American Rose Garden for 10 years . Not only does he do my personal residence but he does the landscaping on all my rental properties. I would not use anybody else.

Description of Work
Complete tear out of front yard and new landscaping put in. New sprinklers and low-volt uplaighting as well.

Category landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,lawn treatment,mulch,hardscaping,outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

04/13/2017

Sam P.

We reached out to a few different local yard service companies and American Rose Garden was by far the most responsive. Tad contacted us quickly to schedule a walk-through, was thorough going over exactly what we wanted, and even made calls on-the-spot to see if he could fit his crew within our tight schedule (we had a party coming up). His quote was very reasonable and right on the dot when the bill came later on. He even returned later with one of his foremen who would be managing the crew to make sure that he knew exactly what we wanted in the yard. Later that week, the crew arrived right on time and worked hard and quick through the rain. They were all friendly and professional. We're so grateful we found Tad and American Rose Garden! The yard and walkways look impeccable. By far more than we expected. We will absolutely be using them again in the future and recommending them to family and friends.

Description of Work
Our yard was an absolute wreck after the winter and we desperately needed help getting it back into shape for spring-- hedges in need of pruning, shrubs in need of shaping, dead limbs hanging from trees, sad looking ferns crushed from the previous snow, and fallen leaves as far as the eye could see. Our walkways and driveway had also been neglected and were overgrown with moss. They needed a thorough pressure washing.

Category lawn service,tree service,pressure washing

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

01/29/2017

Laurie F.

Did a great job removing the old grass, evening out the surface and laying sod.

Description of Work
American Rose Garden laid new sod in our yard.

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

02/02/2016

Susan S.

Tad responded to my phone call the same day. He came to our home the next day and we walked the property to determine how much mulch we would need. Tad is a personable fellow. He was able to schedule me within a couple of days. His crew of three arrived on time and proceeded to get the job done. They worked hard and diligently. It was 14 yards of mulch and they were done in 6 hours, just as Tad had estimated. The front yard looks beautiful now and it had been a real mess, neglected for at least two years. They stayed within the borders of the beds. There were even a couple of flowers that were starting to come up. I expected that they would have been covered over, but the Crew Chief, Jose, made sure that they were not covered and I didn't even ask them not to bury them. We needed a thick layer of mulch, at least two inches, and they did a fantastic job. They even folded up the tarps we had. The blew off and rinsed the drive and it is a large drive. They left this place looking immaculate. I have already asked Tad to schedule us in to do the same in the back yard.

Description of Work
mulched beds with Fertile Mulch

Category lawn service,mulch

Work Completed On 02/01/2016

12/20/2015

Jenny C.

I asked the owner for a quick price estimate of taking care of my yard. The bid came back the highest (10X the lowest bid and 4x of whom I ended up choosing). He talked about his team's professionalism highly, and I trust him based upon the review from the rest of the Angie's list customer reviews. Still, I think he padded the quote way too much. Also the estimated work time he gave me was ridiculous. Even I could have cleaned the yard by myself at that speed (but not 4 strong professional workers). Finally, he overstated on what can happen to my plants if I did not use his "professional care". I am glad I did not listen to him, but just went for it with only a few words of advice form the bidder I ended up using. Nothing died or is looking bold as he predicted.

Description of Work
bid for yard cleaning

Work Completed On 06/17/2015

11/04/2015

Jake L.

He showed up 20 minutes earlier and that was good. my hope was just to get a good landscaping ideas for my front and backyard. I didn't want to get the job done immediately but just want to get some ideas. However I got an impression that he wants to get the job by himself as soon as possible. That was my feeling. Quite often, he said "What do you want ?" and I felt that I am being pushed and that was not good for me. I also wanted to get some drawings as mentioned in deal ad. for my future reference but he didn't make any drawings. Overall he gave me his opinions about landscaping and those were good for me.

Description of Work
Landscaping advice

Work Completed On 10/31/2015

11/03/2015

Kristen M.

It went well. There was a misunderstanding, but they were very professional and came back and added more sand in certain areas that had been discussed.

Description of Work
Lawn aeration and added sand

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

Work Completed On 09/15/2015

10/15/2015

Richard E.

I purchased the "Real Deal" for $79.00 (Regular $250). The deal was for Landscaping Evaluation and Plans. Tad, the owner of American Rose Garden, Inc. arrived right on time. I told him I was thinking of replacing my front yard lawn with decorative rock and flowering plants. He said first thing to do was move my giant Rhodys to other parts of my yard. I said I was not interested in any transplanting of my existing plants. I said I was interested in ideas to match my neighborhood yards. We talked about using basalt rock blocks in the 300-pound range. Tad recommended all sorts of flowering plants, some even colorful in winter. He drew a rough sketch of my yard (not to scale). No measurements were taken by Tad. The plan was drawn on an 8-1/2-inch by 11-inch piece of paper. The drawing identified where the basalt blocks should be placed and identified each recommended plant to be placed. The types of plants were listed and identified by abbreviation on the drawing. He suggested a 20-inch-wide crushed rock foot path leading to my backyard. My front yard is about 600 square feet. Tad provided a very rough estimate of the work. The upper 3 inches of soil-grass needed to be removed and replaced with 6-inches of dark brown mulch. A minimum of 7 basalt blocks would be needed. With plants included his estimate was about $5,000. Too high for my budget! The information provided by Tad was detailed and much more than one would get if having a free estimate done. Tad said he prefers to work on the eastside, Bellevue, etc. My home is in Shoreline, thus the high estimate.

Description of Work
Made a landscape evaluation for my front yard with plant species included.

Category landscaping,mulch

Work Completed On 10/14/2015

11/10/2014

James P.

The same person who gave me the bid, ran the job and stayed with the crew the whole day. He made sure I was consulted if there was a question about to proceed with cutting. Most of all, he possessed a real sense of pride in having done an excellent job.

Description of Work
American Rose did a complete yard clean up and knew the correct way to trim our bushes and trees. They also cleaned the roof and sport court. They took away all clippings and brush.

Category lawn service,tree service

Work Completed On 11/05/2014

11/07/2014

ALETA K.

please stop sending these update reminders

Description of Work
nothing

Work Completed On 01/20/2011

08/09/2014

BARBARA M.

You have the details above. Not much happened.

Description of Work
I absolutely cannot escape Angie's List perseverance regarding a review for this contractor. It has been quite some time since I purchased this "big deal." Tad had done a job for me prior to this date and I was very satisfied with the work. He was great to work with and the end product was excellent. Based on that experience, I bought the "big deal" to have him evaluate my yard and offer suggestions for improvements. He came out and took a look around and said everything looked fine. What can I say? Yes I would hire him again but, in my opinion, "big deals" aren't always that.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 02/11/2011

07/31/2014

Paul J.

Tad and his crew did a great job at a reasonable price. Tad seemed more knowledgeable about plants and gardening than other yard services I have used.

Description of Work
Trimming, pruning, general yard clean up

Category lawn service,tree service

Work Completed On 07/28/2014

07/04/2014

Marilyn W.

I called several companies to get our lawn mowed while we were away. Tad phoned back right away and agreed to stop by because he was in the neighborhood. He gave a reasonable price and noted when his crew would be in the area. I called to request a date and when we returned the lawn was mowed and trimmed and a small bill stuck to the door. This could not have been easier.

Description of Work
Mowed Lawn

Work Completed On 06/19/2014

06/20/2014

Larry D.

We set up an appointment, but then one day he called and let us know he was in the neighborhood and came over that day. He was unprepared. The assessment that he gave us consisted of a notepad with plants and areas listed. There was no drawing or plan.

Description of Work
$99 for Landscape Assessment/Analysis & More!

Category landscaping