A.P.E. Painting Inc

Founded undefined • With Angi since September 2008

A.P.E. begins by being loyal to our customers by performing the work exactly as we perform it on our own homes. We take the time to listen to our customers’ needs and wants. We further completely follow through with all of the work we have stipulated in the estimate. No cutting corners, no surface work. Most of the time we don’t even require a down payment or deposit. We get paid when you are fully satisfied with our work. Isn’t that the way it should be?...

A Service Provider's profile image

+10 more images

house painting (81)pressure washing (26)interior painting (25)roof cleaning (3)deck cleaning (2)gutter cleaning (2)handyman (1)decks & porches (1)

07/10/2020

Ray V.

Set date and time to do job. Was punctual and finished in the time they said.They did a great job. Would recommend to others

Description of Work
Paint trim front door an garage door.

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

Thank you for the work. We strive to be Clark counties reliable, skilled, preferred, painting company. Call on us anytime.

05/11/2019

neil O.

This was an easy project because this company is really organized. Had the price and estimated start date at the first meeting. Overall, it would be hard to beat. We are very satisfied with the work, the crew., and the entire process. if you need painting done get a quote from these people.

Description of Work
House and garage painting

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

Thanks you. We strive to be efficient in our performance. "Your satisfaction is our success " Guy.

10/16/2018

Joseph H.

I've been delinquent in waiting so long to post this review. Guy and his crew at APE Painting did a fabulous job painting the interior of our 3,300 sq ft home in Ridgefield, WA. Guy, the owner of APE Painting picks up his phone when you call and communicates very well. He's very pleasant to deal with he stands by his work. After coming in to do a few touch ups he said "please let us know if there's anything else you need touched up." Everyone that has seen our house since it was painted has commented on the quality work and attention to detail. APE is not the cheapest painter but for quality work with attention to detail I would absolutely recommend APE. (Our HOA in Mt Vista also recommends APE and Guy has done over a dozen homes in our neighborhood in the last few years. The exterior paint jobs he does are beautiful.)

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 10/16/2018

We appreciate your business. “Your satisfaction ls our success”.

08/28/2018

DaveMartha S.

Great. The crew made good use of time, weaving our work into their other scheduled jobs. The leader was very attentive to ensuring our satisfaction. He made very good suggestions about choosing the final colors, not influencing the decision but guiding us gently about what would provide the look we wanted. After the job was done, he walked the property with us and ensured that the crew touched up any minor blemishes.

Description of Work
Power-washed, re-caulked and painted exterior of 3200 sq. ft. 2-story house.

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

Thank you. We appreciate your business. Call on us anytime. Guy.

05/18/2018

jim W.

Fantastic! Guy and his crew painted our house last week. Uses the best paint & guarantees it. Pressure washes the house first. Five guys spent half a day prepping the house. Sprays the house once. Goes back and sprays it again and back rolls the entire house. Wraps the house in a thick blanket of paint. Have an 3000 sq. ft. forty year old house and they used about 40+ gallons of paint. About double what many painters would use. Saw moss on the roof and even treated it too at no charge. House has never looked so good.

Description of Work
Painted house exterior.

Work Completed On 05/09/2018

We always do the best.. Never do we cut, conceal, or contrive. We added these costs in to the job. Your paying for prep, procedure, and protection. That's what we do. We believe in preparation with the highest quality materials. Never will I allow sub standard prep, products, or performance.. This is what makes us who we are and why we can say " your satisfaction is our success ".

10/08/2017

Amy S.

Thanks to Angie's List & the extensive research that our HOA president did to find A.P.E. Painting, we are more than pleased with their workmanship & professionalism. They can get booked up but are definitely worth the wait.

Description of Work
10 year old home needed exterior painting & dry rot repair (3 story, 4000 sq ft home)

Work Completed On 06/26/2017

Thank you for the work. Your satisfaction is our success! Call on us anytime. Thanks. Guy.

08/07/2017

Doris R.

I was very pleased with Guy and his crew. Guy seems to be quite a perfectionist and that is a very good quality to find these days. When I need to repaint the whole house, I will definitely call them again.

Description of Work
I needed to have caulking and repainting done on the trim for the front of my home due to sun damage.

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

Thank you for the chance to earn your business. Call on us any time Guy

07/10/2017

Jack F.

Painting crew was very conscientious about getting all areas painted and primed areas that needed extra care.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting.

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

Thank you for choosing us out of all the painters and contractors here in metro area. Call on us any time. Thanks Guy.

07/04/2017

MARK J.

This is the second time we have used APE for painting (last time was interior). Once again, they did a fantastic job. They were quick on the estimate and scheduled the work to begin as soon as we secured HOA approval. The workmen were on-time, friendly and professional. I was a little concerned about the job given the amount of landscaping near the house but they took great care in not damaging any of the plants. They have a great attention to detail, as do I, but I have yet to find any flaws in their work. They recommended quality materials and were prepared to guarantee their work for an extended period of time.

Description of Work
Exterior painting (3 colors including trim)

Work Completed On 05/12/2017

Thank you for Work and continued support. Word of mouth and repeat customers has always been our strong point. That being said we didn't know we were painting so many places that we've given bids or done interiors for. It's nice to know that we never forget a customer and likewise. Your grounds were the most difficult as it was fresh landscaping, 3 story, and on a hill! Thanks for not forgetting us. Guy

07/01/2017

DANIEL J.

Guy and his crew met and exceeded every expectation. I have a 10 year old 3 story house with lots of roof detail. With a meticulous eye for detail, they took care of everything. They were punctual & professional in every way. Guy was constantly following up with me even when I was away on business. He took time to explain everything. I could not be more pleased. The products he uses are chosen solely for their highest quality - not their cost. He told me several times that his price is usually not the lowest. While there were a couple bids lower than his, there were a number of bids much higher. I'm glad I found him early in the season when his schedule was open. He pushed a carpenter I hired to do the few needed repairs right - no compromises - so everything would be ready for his crew to get the job done right. If / when I need exterior painting, I'll rely on Guy and his crew.

Description of Work
Exterior painting, whole house

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

Enjoy having piece of mind that we stand behind our products and craftsmanship! As cheasy as this sounds we back it up. 10 yrs no flaking, pealing, bubbling or defects caused by our application. Also a 3 yrs warranty on fade from rodda paint manufacturer, in writing. There is no one else doing this, but should be the industry standard. We will set the integrity level for others to follow! Thank you for the work and meetings with others on the board and association.

06/28/2017

Catherine E.

Great. They used top notch materials, very thorough and detailed. Guy the owner was very responsive, made himself available to all my questions. Customer Service was top notch.

Description of Work
Paint Exterior of the house.

Work Completed On 06/12/2017

Thank you for the opportunity prove ourselves. Rest asured with a ten year warranty on labor that garauntees no peeling, blistering or failures. Plus 3 year on fade protection! We've offered this warranty since 1999 and have had no failures to date. You know us after being in your neighborhood for a month so call on us if you need to. Thank you. Guy.

05/17/2017

Stephanie K.

They were very thorough and went above and beyond what I would expect from a contractor. We have dealt with many contractors in the past and they were some of the easiest to deal with.

Description of Work
We needed a 1250 sf new construction addition painted on the interior.

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

Your satisfaction is our success Thank you for the work. Guy.

05/15/2017

JUDY K.

They were good. It was a good quote. It was probably good. I went with somebody's recommendation, which I probably shouldn't have. They were pretty nice; they were on time and they were fine. I just didn't use them. I'm trying to be more economical and I probably shouldn't have been. I got several other people too that I got quotes on. Yes, I would consider using them in the future if we ever lived in Vancouver again.

Description of Work
They came and gave me a quote, but we didn't use them.

Category interior painters

Thank you for kind words. Unfortunately not all painters are equal or close to our integrity, performance, and attention to detail with the best products applied. This sometimes makes us a little more. What is important is to match apples to apples. Call on us if you move back and need painting. Thanks. Guy

12/12/2016

Elpidio J.

After reviewing multiple bids to paint our home, I chose A.P.E. after meeting and talking with manager/owner Guy Cavagna. Guy took the time to carefully talk me through each step of the project, answering all of my questions. Based on our conversation, Guy recommended paint products that would offer superior protection and long life, and he backed up his work with a guarantee. In addition since my project came along relatively late in the season, Guy and his team had to work around the weather, other projects, etc. to make sure they completed the job before the rainy season arrived. In spite of these challenges, A.P.E. did a fantastic job! A.P.E. painters take pride in their work and it shows. They also respect your property and make sure the work site is cleaned up and everything is neat at the end of the day. Afterwards, Guy did the walk-around with me to ensure everything was done to my satisfaction. I would definitely hire A.P.E. again and I would not hesitate to recommend them to others looking for a quality job at reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Complete exterior painting of my home

Work Completed On 10/07/2016

Hey we need to stain your deck.. I haven't forgot. Give a call. We strive to make every job our best! 10 yrs warranty for your piece of mind. We've been giving these warranty for 18 yrs and yet to have any paint failure. Tested and proven performance that comes from 28 yrs in the trade. Thanks for the work. Guy.

11/28/2016

Sioux K.

Guy's team were professional, courteous and friendly. We love the new color.

Description of Work
We painted exterior of 4500 square foot house. We have high peeks and also needed our fence repainted.

Work Completed On 10/28/2016

We strive to make every job our best job. Yours was no acception. Thank you. Guy.

09/28/2016

Sherwood C.

Was slow to call and schedule. I finally spoke with him today and he is booked out a month so we agreed to cancel.

Description of Work
Painting, no work completed.

Work Completed On 09/27/2016

This was a lack of communication on your part. Sorry to call you out but, I left several messages with no response from you to call me or leave a phone number as we were communicating through angies message center. I contacted a.list to let them know this is an on going problem with their message center. That if a customer does not leave a contact number to call directly then this issue accures. Either way I apologize for the human imperfection we all live and deal with. I'm normally more diplomatic but , this one is on you. Obviously you liked the price , but my schedule was too long of a wait for you. We do aim to please, however we can not please every one. Regards. Guy

09/12/2016

Jim H.

Communication before the job started and during the job was very good. The crew was there the day promised and they finished as promised. Clean up was very good. Supervision was very good.

Description of Work
Exterior House painting.

Work Completed On 08/15/2016

Thanks for work. Quality isn't expensive, It's priceless. Guy.

09/03/2016

James H.

Guy and his team are professionals. Guy always called back within 24hours or less to both the request for the quote and any questions I had. He was out within 1 day for the quote and able to hand me a written quote on the spot and no waiting for the email like many of the others. He was very clear on what types of paint he uses and provided a detailed explanation and paint literature of why he needed to use a special paint on the cedar shingles. Guy even personally dropped off special exterior caulking that he uses so I could complete a few repairs before his team began pressure washing. His crew are hard workers and very polite and responsible. They were quiet while working and answered my many questions as they worked and also made sure they asked us if they were not clear on how we wanted something painted. We have a very difficult house. It's large and has several awkward hills around the house that make ladder work difficult. Also, lots of caulking was missing around the house but they made sure that everything got caulked even if they had to repaint some areas after finding they had missed a few hard to see caulking areas. The crew worked hard even during the spike in temperatures we had and also worked around our need to get our dogs in the yard every so often for potty breaks. This was a full week project and they showed up everyday at 7AM or before and got right to work. On the final day we did a detailed walk around and I pointed out some missing items or concerns and without any complaints they fixed and covered all my concerns. They continued to re-iterate that they wanted to make sure I was happy with the finished work. Bottomline - I don't think I could have had a better crew deliver a better final product. Pricing was reasonable based on other quotes but the service, quality and attention to detail was outstanding! I expect my house won't need a coat of paint for 15+ years but if I need some interior painting done I know who I am going to call.

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting

Work Completed On 08/29/2016

I remember this one.. Wow. 40' ft. Ladders, very steep terrain on the one side. Landscaping fabric and bark dust on a 10/12 pitch, steep roof pitches, was not only challenging but, dangerous so we had to take extra precautions. You have a great house. We always rise to a challenge. When we spend this many days on a house we get snow (color) blind from looking at it for so long. That is why we get yours, mine and the crews eyes to make sure everything is to perfection. All the caulking was cut out! Something that shouldn't have been done to that extreme. We cut caulk out but if it's sound we use it as backer to help our application. I ("Guy" the owner) caulked almost every bit, as needed so much. At the end of the long challenging job we put our stamp of approval and rest at ease your house has a bullet proof system. We are proud to put our signature warranty on your house. Thanks. Guy.

09/02/2016

Peter H.

Guy team showed up right on time and began work. They were professional and very, very clean. No paint splatters. They are perfectionists! What I wouldn't notice, they would point out and fix. Price was fair and they got the whole job done in 4 hours.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 09/02/2016

We do what we do. Simple equation. Use the best materials, do the best work, give the best warranty. All that equates to happy customers. Thank you for work and supporting our families and local contractors.

08/09/2016

CAROL B.

Everything went really well. The first day the crew pressure washed the entire house. On day two they prepped covering the windows and everything down to the door knobs with tape and plastic sheeting. Day 3 was the painting. Guy sprayed on the paint and his crew went over it with rollers working in the Rodda SharkSkin Paint for 10 year protection. On day 4 the crew hand painted the areas that were not sprayed including along the edge of the roof and removed the prep materials. They were very professional and cleaned up every night. They worked from ladders and worked on our cement tile roof without any damage. It took 36 gallons of paint as Guy had predicted to cover our 3600 sq ft house with cedar siding.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 07/18/2016

We are very proud to be in business since 1999 with no warranty issues ever do to application from a.p.e. While the hype is to spend hours measuring every square inch and then waiting for a painting contractor to get back by email, we are different. I know, feel, and can judge within 1 or 2 gallons of most projects residential or huge commercial by just putting my eyeballs on it. After 28 yrs it's just natural movements. We always go way past recommendations found on labels. Your house was hand dipped by A.P.E. Painting. We stand up to, behind, all our work. We always make sure you'll only call for other projects. Thanks. Guy.

04/22/2016

David F.

Timely estimate within 3 hours of our initial phone inquiry. Referred us to Rodda Paint Store whose staff were very helpful and professional. Guided paint color change by coming to our home to paint sample colors in appropriate places. Kept us informed regarding timing of the work. We never had to call him -- he always phoned or emailed us first. He worked around our schedule. His crew was courteous, hard-working, and very professional. Windows, landscaping, patio, and fences were well-protected. We would not hesitate to recommend Guy and his crew.

Description of Work
Power-washed, prepped, and applied two coats of Rodda Ultimate satin paint to exterior of one-story, 3-bay garage home. Color change for home.

Work Completed On 04/19/2016

Thanks for the business. We strive hard to please everyone. Your satisfaction is our success.

04/16/2016

susan S.

Guy's crew came and power washed the house first. They later came and masked and taped everything. When ready to paint, they were always on time and professional. Guy was always present during painting and working right along with his workers and answering any questions I had. The front deck was covered with Rodda Sharkskin which is a great product. My house took 3.5-4 days. The paint job is excellent. All the area was cleaned up each day and ladders stacked in my yard. I would hire APE again!

Description of Work
Guy, the owner came to my house and did a walk around with me. I have a two story large house on a slope which basically makes it a 3 story with uneven standing ladder surface. Guy explained the process, the type of paint he recommended (Rodda) and why. He recommended a couple of minor repairs to do beforehand. Guy is very knowledgeable in his craft. He also advised me to get other offers and not to pay anyone before all work was complete. I got another estimate but felt very comfortable with Guy's expertise and presentation. I also needed a front porch/deck that needed to match the new paint job.

Work Completed On 03/29/2016

We always get the nose bleeds, blistering, and peelers as no one wants to work hard anymore. We work very hard for all our customers. Yours was challenging but par for our course. Enjoy. Guy.