Precious Pets Animal Crematory

With Angi since October 2012

3420 C St NE Ste 306

Auburn, WA 98002

Precious Pets Animal Crematory strives to exceed your expectations and is committed to raising the bar for pet aftercare with dignity, respect and understanding on a personal level. We provide you peace of mind in knowing that you have made the right decisions by specializing in thoughtful, dignified cremation of all animals. The passing of your beloved pet deserves the same respect and tribute as anyone would want for any other member of the family. Precious Pets assures you that your pet is handled with the utmost respect at all times. Your pet remains in our gentle care through the entire process. We encourage you to visit our facility where you will find a large selection of urns and other memorial items to choose from. There is also a grieving room available that your family may use to say your final goodbyes....

12/14/2019

Ken V.

The services appeared to have been performed as requested and at the price agreed upon. Owner Carrie arranged for timely pickup from our vet's office and transport to her facility.

Description of Work
Cremation services

04/27/2017

Stan H.

From start to finish the caring made a difficult time better. The compassion & caring was genuine and greatly appreciated. Thank you for being here for us.

Description of Work
Pet cremation; private & single pet with return to owner.

09/19/2016

Lindsay R.

I cannot say enough good things about Precious Pets and the service they provide. We unfortunately lost our cat last year unexpectedly, followed by our senior dog this year. We aren't from Seattle and have no idea how long we'll live here, so we couldn't fathom burying our fur-babies and instead opted for cremation. That being said, when our cat passed I was terrified to leave him somewhere, just hoping I'd really get his remains back. We settled on using Precious Pets and I couldn't be happier and more confident in our choice. That's why we returned to them when our dog passed away. In both circumstances, we were shown so much understanding, compassion, and patience as we dealt with the loss of our pets. When our cat passed away, they were able to receive him just a couple hours after we called first thing on a Monday morning; when our dog had to be put to sleep, they were willing to stay a little late for us that afternoon because our vet was running behind. After completing the paperwork, we were given time to say our final goodbyes, and seeing that the owners have their own special pets helped me feel more at ease about leaving my own with them. I believed they would take just as good of care with my boys as they would their own. I would never have felt that if I just let the vet send off their bodies, only to wait for (hopefully) their cremains to be returned. While I would of course rather have my boys back, the wooden urns we picked out are just perfect. We had them engraved and they display pictures of our cat and dog. We also love the paw prints and fur clipping we were able to get, and we greatly appreciate the certificate showing the date they were each cremated. Precious Pets made a very difficult and unpleasant point in our lives easier to handle. While I don't like thinking about losing a pet, should I find myself in that position in the future while still living in Seattle, I will go back to Precious Pets.

Description of Work
Pet Cremation

07/22/2016

Kenneth W.

Exactly what I needed. My pet was my sole companion for over 30 years. When she died, I was crushed. I needed to know that she was taken care of respectfully and that her remains would be returned to me. The website is accurate about the services provided, and everything was exactly as promised. I chose a witnessed cremation. That probably is not for everyone, but for this worried pet owner, it was what I needed for closure. I was able to say goodbye privately and then see as much or as little of the process as I cared to. I was able to take her home immediately afterwards, and I have no doubt that my pet bird's remains are with me. My vet did offer a cremation service through a third party but said I could not be present or visit the facility. Her remains would be returned to me in a week. I needed a more personal experience, and that is what Precious Pets Animal Crematory provided me. Even if I had chosen to let them take care of everything without me present, I know now that they would have treated her with great respect and would have faithfully followed their controlled procedures to make sure that they returned her remains to me. They gave me the peace of mind that I was looking for.

Description of Work
Cremation of pet bird

Category pet cremation

Thank you for the kind words. I am happy that we could be there for you. Each and every pet is very special no matter how big or small. :) I hope that you are doing well. Sincerely, Carrie

06/29/2014

Travis C.

Our first experience with Precious Pets was in April following the death of one pet after a brief illness. My veterinarian recommended a crematory company that contracts with most of the vets in the King County area. They do not offer witnessed cremations, and their website gave me the creeps because they also do mass cremations for King County Animal Control. My vet assured me that my pets would be separate and identified but I just didn't want to go there even though their services are much lower cost. After researching the web and checking Angie's List, I chose Precious Pets Crematory in Auburn. They are located in an industrial park on a side street but they give good directions on their website and it's worth the effort to find them. When I called Precious Pets Crematory, they were supportive and arranged for a witnessed cremation for our first pet very quickly. The second pet died of a chronic disease and grief for the first one within a month of the first one's death. When I called to schedule the second cremation, no times were available until after the weekend so I inquired about their transport and store service as we had no place to keep the remains until the next week. Carrie kindly and quickly rearranged their schedule and got us in for another witnessed cremation the next day (Friday). On both occasions, we were greeted quickly and kindly by Carrie on arrival for the appointments. On one occasion, another party was making arrangements when we arrived and Carrie met us at the car to tell us. We were happy to wait there until the other party finished and left. The paperwork and arrangements are made before the pet is brought in. A certificate of cremation is provided in the pet's name. A cart draped with fabric is brought to the car to receive the pet's body which we carried in a box. The waiting/cremation room is decorated with some chairs, a heater and lamps. There is a small window about chest high looking into the crematory. We were given some time in the waiting/cremation viewing room for final goodbyes with our pet, then watched as the pet was taken to the crematory in an adjoining room. A metal tag with identification number is placed in the crematory with the pet. Carrie is available in the office area to answer questions and provide support if needed during the procedure. Our pets were both small so the entire process took about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. We left each time with our pet's ashes in a plastic bag inside a container. We bought an urn for our pets' ashes but there was absolutely no pressure to do so. I strongly recommend Precious Pets for their professionalism and kindness to pet owners during a very difficult time.

Description of Work
Provided private witnessed cremation services for 2 of our pets on different occasions.

Category funeral homes,pet cremation

04/12/2014

Stephen C.

After learning unexpectedly we would have to put our beloved Barkley to sleep, we did a search of businesses that performed pet cremations. We decided on Precious Pets Animal Crematory of Auburn. We called Carrie, not knowing all the details on the time frame of this service. She was very kind and told us to just call when we were ready. She explained all their services and prices very clearly, and stated they answer their phone 24/7. We called her Monday evening with our final arrangements. We ended up putting our Barkley to sleep Tuesday, April 1st. We called Carrie and stated we were on our way, straight form our Vets. We were early for the service, as they were not ready. (There machine does take time to prepare, Carrie told us that, but we had no where else to go) She gladly took Barkley and recommended a nice reastrurant to have lunch and she would call us when ready. She did call us and the service began. Carrie and her husband Sean are in the right business. It takes a special person to do what they do. At such a difficult time, they were very caring and helpful. They give you as much time as you need, and treated Barkley with utmost respect and caring. We decided on same day service and a private service for Barkley. They have a viewing room if you decide to witness the entire ceremony. The setting was comfortable. At such a difficult time, it is nice to know there are people like this, that understand what you are going through. From start to finish, this experience/service was outstanding.

Description of Work
Provided outstanding service in the cremation of our dog Barkley.

Category funeral homes,pet cremation

01/11/2014

Vida D.

Ultra professional, very sensitive, kind and sympathetic to the situation for using them. Pricing was very reasonable and went out of their way to accommodate me. Very satisfied with them.

Description of Work
Precious Pets Animal Crematory

Category pet cremation

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. I apologize for the delay in response. I hope that you are doing well. Carrie Hines

05/31/2013

Rhonda P.

This was the second time I used Precious Pets and I am sorry that I did not provide a review sooner - it is just so painful to think about my dogs not being here any more. The first time I used Precious Pets was in January of 2012 when my girl dog passed away in her sleep. I believe I found Precious Pets through Angie's list, but I can't remember for sure. I had a such a good experience with Carrie (owner of PP) in 2012, that when my boy dog needed to be put down in January of this year, she was the first person I contacted. It takes a really special someone to do this for a living. So many people do not view dogs as family like I do. Carrie treated me like a member of my family had passed away, which was exactly how I felt. I was so devastated with both of these passings and Carrie was so extremely supportive and nurturing! She personally called around and found a place for me to take my boy dog to be put down this year, that was close to my house. She was one-thousand percent supportive of me throughout the whole process of the cremation. When I wanted the same urn for my boy dog, that I had for my girl dog, she went out and found it for me. When I wanted the wording on the engraved urn plate changed 2 days after I ordered it, she contacted the provider for me and changed it happily. I cannot say enough good things about Carrie and Precious Pets - the compassionate way she treats people and the professional environment she provides, and the follow-through to make sure that you get what you need, when you need it. There is a special place in Heaven for Carrie, and in my heart!

Description of Work
Found a provider to euthanize my dog; provided a private ceremony/viewing; cremated my dog; found the perfect urn for my dog's ashes; provided a tile of my dog's pawprint with his name.

04/15/2013

HEATHER W.

Very thoughtful and understanding. Explained and helped with all our wants and needs.

Description of Work
Animal cremation

10/05/2012

Brooke D.

They took good care of our dog. They were available 24 hours a day, always there to answer the phone. They were kind and compassionate as well.

Description of Work
I have availed the animal cremation service of Precious Pets Animal Crematory for my dog.

Category pet cremation

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure to be here for you. I appreciate you taking time to express your happiness with the service we provided. I hope that you and your family are doing well. Sincerely, Carrie Hines

Animal Burial/Cremation
    Funeral Homes
    Pet Stores
    Veterinarians
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, Private Cremations, Individual Cremations, Communal Cremations, Witnessed Cremations, Home Pick-Up Service, Full Selection of Urns and Memorial Items on site.