Doors West

Founded 1977 • With Angi since May 2005

3716 Auburn Way N Ste 107

Auburn, WA 98002

Mention Angies List to get 10% off any new installed garage door and $35.00 off any new installed Operator. Doors West has been a family owned and operated since 1977. The term "Customer Service" is used freely by many companies but is not usually executed without requiring lots of money. Even then, its not always given. Some companies start by offering a low price and then up sell their customers to make the revenue they want. At Doors West, we pride ourselves in redefining the meaning customer service by providing TRUE customer service no matter what job, big or small! Being family owned we rely on repeat and referral business which you only get by treating customers the way we would want to be treated! Call today and let us show you that Great Service, Fair Prices and Integrity still exists!...

08/06/2020

lisa M.

Service completed in less than 30 min and cost less than what was estimated over the phone.

Description of Work
Spring replacement

02/28/2018

Dominic P.

Scheduling was flexible and met my needs. When the installer was running late I received a call 1+ hour in advance but was still able to have the work performed within an hour of the originally scheduled time. The work was fairly priced and James was very professional and went above and beyond to ensure quality work, fixing minor issues unrelated to the task at hand. All different forms of payment were accepted making my unplanned repair easy to settle. I highly recommend Doors West.

Description of Work
Garage door repair

09/27/2017

Douglas K.

They showed up on time and found a simple problem that was easily fixed. I did not have to replace the opener. I ended up paying a fraction of what I expected. I give these guys full marks for promptness, competence, and above all -- INTEGRITY.

Description of Work
I am selling my house and the garage door opener malfunctioned to the point of uselessness. I called these guys. When I told them the brand name of my opener, they said the company had been out of business for 20 years, and in all likelihood I would have to buy a new opener. OK, I said, Come take a look.

09/22/2017

Candice A.

They installed a quality product at a good price. The installer was professional and courteous. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Garage doors

05/16/2017

James and Terri B.

The evening that it happened, there was a big bang, and the cables along the sides of the door looked like they had had broken. We called Doors West immediately (they have a 24-hour emergency number) and were told that we would get a call around 8 am to schedule an appointment. A company rep did call and scheduled the repair appointment for that afternoon. Scott came out and quickly diagnosed the problem as a broken spring. Within about 45 minutes, he had replaced the spring, reattached the cables, applied WD40 to all the moving parts, inspected the other doors, and tightened the chain on the opener for one of them. We appreciated his thoroughness (and his sense of humor).

Description of Work
Replacement of the garage door spring.

05/02/2017

Florence A.

We were snowed in and the garage door stopped working in the up position with sub-freezing temps! We called, and they said it could just need a reset of the "eyes" (the safety beam to keep it from hitting children, etc), and gave us instructions both on how to close it and how to reset the "eyes." That was terrific, already.....they could have made a service call to do that and gotten paid. We tried it, and got the door down, but clearly the "eye" on one side was faulty. We called again and told them that we'd have to wait until the snow melted to get their truck up our long (100 ft), steep, snowy driveway. They said they would come (same day) and walk up! The technician did just that, and had to walk down and back up an extra time to get the part from the truck. They did not charge us extra for that, amazingly! We will certainly always call Doors West for garage door service---honest, competent, prompt, and clearly put the customer first. We're pleased!!

Description of Work
Garage door repair

05/02/2017

Florence A.

They gave us an accurate estimate over the phone, came when scheduled and fixed it efficiently. There was no up-selling and the price was quite reasonable. They charged under a hundred dollars for coming out and including a half hour of labor, and he fixed it in that time. We plan to make them our regular garage door maintenance company.

Description of Work
We called yesterday and they scheduled for today. This was our first time with this company, as our long-term, one-man garage door maintenance guy had retired. Our (very heavy) garage door was getting too heavy without the opener for us the last time the electricity went out, so we needed it checked to see if the springs needed tightening.

04/27/2017

Guy M.

For my older (1998) door opener, the service man had the correct gear assembly. He explained the options -- repair the existing or upgrade to a new unit. New unit transmitter was not compatible with my 2004 automobile's builtin sender. Chose repair. Works great. Reasonable price. Very nice representative.

Description of Work
Motor could be heard running, but door did not move.

04/10/2017

Harry B.

Prompt, professional work. We could not get out of the garage after the spring broke, and doors west came first thing the next day to rescue our car.

Description of Work
Replace broken garage door spring.

01/05/2017

Dana T.

James replaced it, provided maintenance for the chain and other parts, and upgraded the control center and garage door openers. We were very grateful for the new parts, how well he made the entire system fit out needs, and that he was easy and pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
The motor of the garage door had quit working.

10/29/2016

Patty D.

Doors west had an after hours phone number - it wasn't an answering service but an actual employee/ maybe even owner . The Technician arrived within an hour of the call - he was clean & courtesy He was quick in getting the door back on track and working.

Description of Work
I had a minor incident w/ my garage door and made it worse by trying to fix it myself - of course at 5pm on a Friday night.

06/10/2016

Marc M.

Hey give me a quote for a repair or installation of a new door and were happy to do either option but we decided to go with the new door. They did a fantastic job and we weren't even home.

Description of Work
They replaced a rotten wood garage door with a steel one.

02/03/2016

Kathryn E.

It only took a day to get them out. The technician came on time. He assessed the problem and fixed it in about an hour as well as tuning up the other garage door that was sticking sometimes. He was professional, efficient and personable. I was super happy!

Description of Work
Repaired one door that was banging every time it was closed and sometimes randomly and tuned up the other door so it was working much better.

02/03/2016

Kathryn E.

Fantastic- efficient, priced very reasonably, high quality

Description of Work
They did a repair on my garage door, and also did a tune-up with the other door.

04/14/2015

Norma Jean P.

Scott was in the office and came right over to save my day. He arrived promptly, went right to work and in no time at all had my garage door in excellent operating condition.

Description of Work
Replaced two garage door springs. Only one had broke, but it was time to replace both of them. Also replaced the cable as it was coming apart.

12/04/2014

Ted K.

No problems at all with these guys ; They came out at the agreed time ,met with me and let me know my options (Repair or replace ) and together we decided for them to replace the door . They came out on a day and time convenient for us both ;installed the door ; it worked perfect and smooth . I have used them in the past and good to know that what ever may happen in the future with the door they will take care of it like it was their own .

Description of Work
Replaced a damaged garage door .

Category garage doors,doors

09/15/2014

J.C. L.

Took a week from talking to Travis who setup the appt for free estimate from Mark come to my home which i must say was outof the area they service but asked by Travis why I called him I said because I like dealing with locally family owned bussinesses he made and exception and came to Purdy to give me a estimate on replacing my garage doors Mark the installer came out the next day did the estimate Travis calle within a hour with itemized estimate with 10% dicount on all itemized items accept bid paid 60% up front to order garage doors and after Mark installed the doors paid the other 40%. Mark was here for 5hrs very professional arrived on time cleaned up explained the operation of door openers, warranties if had any problems give a call. Working with Travis and Mark was great they made the purchase of my garage doors to my satisfaction and within my budget.I would recommend doors west to anyone

Description of Work
Replaced two garage doors plus trakes and remote door openers

09/15/2014

Matt S.

They sent a highly experienced tech who wasted no time and got the job done. He looks like he hasn't slept, but he does a good job never-the-less.

Description of Work
garage door maintenance, lubrication, and safety review

05/24/2014

Janet F.

Travis responded to me immediately. He was congenial and easy to work with. He gave me a bid and the actual cost of the repair came in under his bid. He was prompt and on time and professional. The work is excellent and the garage door is repaired. Very professional, very easy to work with, kept his word.

Description of Work
Replaced springs in my double garage door.

04/25/2014

Kathy R.

There was some issues to resolve concerning a red cord I had pulled to try and operate the door by hand. He walked me through that as well. All was on track in short order. I thanked him profusely as I know I just saved a small fortune for a home visit. Would definitely recommend their services!!! Both occasions where I purchased - then needed support (on a different item) were a pleasure dealing with them.

Description of Work
Had purchased a remote from them in the past. Called with a different issue when my garage door would not close. Manager "walked me through" the troubleshooting procedure. In minutes my garage door was closing like a champ!

04/11/2014

Colleen O.

I found Doors West to be professional, prompt and extremely helpful. I needed a garage door repaired on a rental property while I was ill and unable to even explain what the issue was or meet them at the location. Travis coordinated everything with the tenant and was able to get the work done quickly. The tenant is happy with the repaired door and I am happy with the service and reasonable price - can't get better than that. I will definitely use Doors West again and would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Replaced the operator in a garage door.

03/10/2014

Edwin F.

Excellent. They did the initial installation and have been very responsive with their service calls. Technician has always shown up on time and the price is exactly as given to us.

Description of Work
Replace broken spring

03/03/2014

Robert T.

First I went to their shop on a friend recommendation and picked out the doors I wanted. I was given a military discount and was pleased with the product I chose. They did have to order the product but set up a date for the instalation. Prior to the installation I removed the trim and painted the trim to match the new trim one day prior. One maintenance man showed on time and worked continuiously until he finished. It was about 4:30 P.M. when he finished. He removed the old doors installed and adjusted the new doors and also cleaned up the site. I would recommed they to all future clients.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced 2 ea. garage doors.

12/10/2013

KATHRYN P.

My garage door broke in a big way! The cable slipped and got hung up on the track, preventing my from opening the door at all and stranding me at home. I called after hours, and Travis gave me the option and quotes for having a technician out that evening, or the next morning. I appreciate so much that he helped save me the money by letting me know the details! I decided to wait until morning based on that info. And he dispatched one of his technicians at the very beginning of the day instead of tacking me on to the end of their appointments! The technician came in, fixed the door, and provided a thorough clean-up, tune-up, oiling, straightening-out of my old and creaky system. It's like new! I've lived here for 12 years, and the garage door has never run as quietly and smoothly as it does now. And the whole appointment was done within fifteen minutes. I can't thank Travis or his team enough for the responsiveness and incredible value. Thank you!

Description of Work
Repaired broken garage door and tuned the whole system up.

10/24/2013

Lani W.

Scott arrived on time, replaced broken cable and installed new on the other side of the door. Work completed in a little more than one hour and door is working GREAT again! Great service!

Description of Work
The cable broke on my garage door opener.

Precision Door Service

Precision Garage Door of Seattle is the best choice if you are looking for garage door repair, maintenance, replacement and installation in the greater Seattle area. Our vast experience sets us apart from other competitors. Our experienced garage door specialists and our approach to finding and treating the cause of the problem is why we are the trusted name for garage doors in Seattle.

Freedom Garage Door Services

Freedom Garage Door Services is a family owned and operated business with over 20 years of experience in the field. We have set pricing on all services offered and kindly offer Senior and Military discounts as well as Non-Profit Organization discounts. We securely accept payments from all major credit cards.

Rainier Pacific Garage Doors Inc

Since 2000, we’ve been the Puget Sound's garage door specialists. We provide high quality garage doors and garage door openers for residential and commercial clients, as well as our superior standard for customer service for any job we do. From small repair jobs or broken spring replacements, to entirely brand new garage door systems. Our clients enjoy low prices, fast service and long lasting new garage doors. With over 30 years of industry experience, we understand your garage door needs, AND your expectation of professionalism and satisfaction for your home. Our shop is located in Sumner, WA. We are a locally, family-owned business, which gives us that uniqueness that sets us apart from other door companies, because we are that much more invested in our customers. We are proud of the company that we have built, and the services we have provided for so many years! We take an enormous amount of pride in our 100% customer satisfaction rating, which is why we appreciate all the people who consistently refer their friends and families to us, as well as all of our returning clients of many, many years. All of our employees are professionally trained and dedicated to meeting your garage door needs. In addition to installing new garage doors, we offer garage door repairs, maintenance and products. We carry garage door systems and products from CHI, Northwest Door, Amarr, Clopay, Wayne Dalton, Carriage House Door Company, Lift-Master and Linear, who are some of the most trusted and respected names in the industry. If you have an immediate problem we’ll do everything we can to help you over the phone. We believe if we can help you solve a problem over the phone to keep you from having to pay for a service call, then we will do everything in our power to do that. We offer fast, free estimates, for residential and commercial garage doors. Call us today to schedule your estimate or service call!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Garage Door Repair, Garage Door Service, Garage Door Installation, Garage Door Openers, Garage Door Remotes, Garage Door Keypads, Garage Door Torsion Springs, Garage Door Extension Springs, Garage Door Swing Up Springs, LIftmaster, Raynor, Northwest Door, Amarr, Clopay, Martin, Wayne Dalton, Garage Door Replacement Panels, Garage Door Sections, Entry and Interior Doors

Painting, whole building construction