ALL AMERICAN CHIMNEY SERVICE

Founded 1996 • With Angi since June 2005

4.4

29222 112TH AVE SE

Auburn, WA 98092

License # allamcs044nk Payment is expected upon completion of work, unless otherwise arranged prior...

02/04/2022

Nathan S.

I just hired these guys to fix my chimney. The owner's truck has a "COVID IS A SCAM" bumper sticker on his car displayed prominently. I have lost a family member recently to COVID and I do not want a truck spreading misinformation parked in front of my house. I also do not want to support a business that has a prominent anti vaccination stance. Lastly, I do not want unvaccinated people spreading COVID in my house. If this is an issue that affects you or your family, please reconsider hiring this company.

Description of Work
Fireplace install

Category chimney caps

12/03/2019

Kirk S.

Excellent! Owner worked me into his busy schedule. Replacement quickly completed.

Description of Work
Replace rear refactory on wood burning fireplace

06/25/2019

s gail P.

I contacted Deanna and Kathy returned my call once she had Paul's schedule to come out, take a look and give me a bid. He came prepared with brochures and pictures and he offered his business card. I say this because the 2 other bidders appeared with less concern and suggested websites I could look at if I needed more info. No business cards. I was impressed w/Paul's professionalism and understanding of my worry that not only the rusted chimney cover was dripping into the firebox of the living room chimney but living room firebox needed repair as well. We were expecting rain within a week. He managed to schedule the demo, fireplace build with a beautiful cherry mantel and hearth in less that 2 weeks on a Saturday! Paul even made a special trip to my home to bring actual samples of the stacked rock for the buildout! Wow, who does that? Paul at All American does! I was impressed. Kel and Lejandro worked all day Saturday and came back to do the finish up and chimney cap on Monday. They were polite and respectful of my home. Your staff Kathy, Deanna, Kel and Lejandro were wonderful. Thank you Paul..

Description of Work
replace existing fireplace and chimney chase cover and collar

Category masonry, chimney caps, fireplaces

05/27/2019

Paul K.

The service tech was on time and quickly performed the required service. He thoroughly cleaned the glass that was black with soot. He adjusted the settings to avoid soot accumulation in the future. He also relit the pilot light.

Description of Work
gas fireplace cleaning and service

Category fireplaces, gas logs

10/24/2017

Abby W.

The owner, Paul, serviced my fireplaces and he was excellent - very professional and informative. This was my first time using this company, and it's clear these folks know their fireplaces. Much better servicing than when the furnace companies did it, and Paul gave me better advice and pricing on a new blower for one of the fireplaces, so I will be having them install it.

Description of Work
Clean and check two gas fireplaces.

Category fireplaces, gas logs

08/21/2017

Stephen B.

Very well. The craftsmanship was excellent and professional.

Description of Work
Install 2 gas fireplace inserts, repair 2 chimneys, replace 2 chimney caps, extend gas line, replace brick fireplace with stone fireplace with mantle, mount one large screen TV above mantle, reroute & hide wiring for TV.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

06/01/2017

Debra G.

I did not choose to pursue a contract with this team.

Description of Work
I was disappointed with All American Chimney. While Kathy , admin/ office mgr. was helpful and responsive, the team in the field was not clear in their initial bid and scope of work after arriving (and leaving ) early. Subsequently they completed the estimate without customer clarification about the job. A second appointment was scheduled - several weeks later - to reevaluate what needed and they did not show. Apparently it was raining where they live and they did not explore weather conditions elsewhere. Disappointing to have adjusted work schedule to accommodate this crew.

04/26/2017

Jeffie B.

Great! Service performed promptly and on budget.

Description of Work
Servicing gas fireplace.

Category fireplaces

11/15/2016

Norene H.

Well. Only concern was they didn't call to cancel on the day it rained. I think they (rightly) thought I would assume they wouldn't be here because of the weather. Very nice people from estimator to office person to workers.

Description of Work
Repaired chimney. Pressure washed. Removed and replaced "shedding" bricks. Repaired cap and flashing. Waterproofed entire chimney.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

04/02/2015

Dwight F.

Scheduling was good. They actually cleaned all the stucco on the exterior of the building too which was on the second floor, the gables. I'd recommend to check carefully on the scope of work that was agreed to. I think they charged a lot for what they did.

Description of Work
They installed a clean out access door and did sweeping and did the exterior cleaning of two rick chimneys

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

[Member name removed], Thank you for your review. Yes, we cleaned the outside of two chimneys and had to set up scaffolding in order to perform the work safely. We cleaned the gables and installed a clean out door in order to clean the built in woodstove.

01/27/2015

Belinda S.

Tore down old chimneys due to leaking in unit. Both chimneys needed to be replaced so we decided to go ahead and get it done. Both chimneys were torn down to the roof line. Both chimneys were rebuilt using brick (our building is brick and stucco). Unused flues were closed off and flues being used were capped. Looks very nice. While doing this work, they discovered a soft area on on the roof near the chimney that was leaking and are going to come and give me an estimate for that. Would use them again.

Description of Work
We had both chimney's in our 4plex torn down to the roof line and completely replaced, closed off two flues in each that are no longer being used, capped the ones that are being used. Work took about 2 days and so far it seems to be great. Only had it done a few days ago but so far so good. They discovered a soft spot in the roof around one of the chimney areas and will be coming out to check what is going on there and giving me an estimate to take care of that.

Category masonry, chimney repair

01/30/2014

Doug L.

They were prompt, polite, professional and cleaned up after themselves very well. For everything I had done I really got a fair price. I'm just guessing on the price, it may have been closer to 21,000.00.

Description of Work
All American Chimney Service rebuilt the chimney, put in a new fireplace box, put in a new wood stove, put in new windows in the kitchen and a new sliding glass door in the dining room, They cleaned out 60 birds nests and a bunch of dead animals out of the attic and blew 20 inches of fiberglass insulation into my attic. They also put in new ridge vents for proper ventilation and put in an Alaska roof.

Category masonry, replacement windows, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

[Member name removed], Thank you for the review. Yes we did a new roof and insulation. New sliding door and woodstove. After tax, the total came to $21609.00. It was a bit of a drive to the location, but it was a great project and we loved working with you. We love how much you loved the outcome.

01/11/2014

Ronald J.

We had some serious leaks before the work. All American Chimney inspected the original defects and recommended different solutions for each chimney. Both of them worked well. We haven't had any problems since.

Description of Work
These guys did a fabulous repair job on two chimneys.

01/07/2014

David B.

It went well. The technician arrived at the scheduled time and went straight to work. Not much to tell washed the chimney and sealed it replaced the cap and was done in about an hour,

Description of Work
pressure was and seal chimney and replace a flue cap

10/09/2013

Frances R.

It was a pretty good experience. It's been raining like crazy this year and it works, they did a good job. I'd used them again if I ever have a problem. Good quality. They were quick. They came out real quick and they did a couple of things to find the problem. Then they came back about a month later to see what the actual problem was and they fixed it all. They were here when they said they would be. They were totally professional.

Description of Work
All American Chimney Service repaired our chimney. We had leaking around the chimney itself, they fixed it around the roof.

Category masonry, chimney repair

04/04/2013

Marvin D.

Start to finish, the process was painless. Owner was very knowledgeable and offered suggestions to help us with our selection. Arrived on time, did the work without supervision to our extreme satisfaction. I would recommend their services.

Description of Work
Performed a Chimney Repair - removed and replaced crown and top four courses of brick work; applied new crown cement, remortar and cover with heavy-duty waterproof treatment over all services to flashing. In addition, they built a 42" round fire pit, custom to our needs with concrete base and top, colored glass, natural gas piping. It looks fantastic!

02/26/2013

richard R.

They did it and they did a nice job. I have a nice metal cap now to keep the rain out and I was pretty satisfied.

Description of Work
I used All American Chimney Services to repair my chimney. It was a unique chimney issue. I have a chimney chase without an actual chimney inside of it. I had to get a cap put on it so the water wouldn't leak down into my crawlspace.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

10/06/2011

Chandra L.

The estimator was very professional and personable. The job was started on time. The workers were courteous and cleaned up well after themselves. The job was completed at the price quoted. The work appears to have been done well. The only problem was that when the job didn't finish as scheduled, probably due to the workers getting a late start every day, the workers were reassigned to another job for two days. The company did call to inform me this was happening. But since their scaffolding was straddling my fence and partially in my neighbor's yard, I didn't think it was appropriate to just leave it like that.

Description of Work
We had a leaking chimney. They replaced the cap, removed the siding, replaced any rotting wood, etc. and put the siding back up.

05/18/2011

PATRICIA S.

We really did not like them at all. The owner was very nice, helpful, and thorough. However, he ended up sending two men who seemed inexperienced. They didn't show up when they said they would, and they destroyed a portion of our gutters. Also, it's questionable that they rebuilt the chimney as promised. For example, they did not acid wash the brick, and no chimney caps were installed even though that was supposed to be a part of the job. In fact, another chimney company found several issues with their work.

Description of Work
They rebuilt our chimney.

05/18/2011

Mary D.

I thought that their service was very satisfactory. They provided a good estimate, and stuck to it.

Description of Work
They cleaned my chimney and built a protective cover.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

05/17/2011

kevin B.

They did a great job! They offered a no pressure sale, which I really appreciated.

Description of Work
All American Chimney Service did a very detailed job for me. They put a titanium liner in the old chimney, installed a new flue, and created a new line from the furnace to the renovated chimney.

05/17/2011

Richard E.

We think they do a very good job. They're prompt, and we'll continue using them.

Description of Work
We've used their service several times. They've cleaned the fireplace and flue.

Category chimney sweep

05/10/2011

Terry R.

When the personnel came to install the cap, they did not have a copy of the original estimate but I did. Their version of the estimate did not match mine and did not include the cedar siding repair we had asked for. While they did not charge me for this, we were disappointed that they would not do this work. They installed the new chimney cap, but it was incorrectly installed without a slope to it to allow for rain runoff. They had to come out a second time and all they did to correct it was to bang on it until a slope was made. The price seemed way too costly. We had chosen this company because another company we had done business with and who was rated very high by Angie's List had recommended the company. Looking at the company rating on Angie's List after the work had been performed, we were shocked to see the latter company's low rating. We should have checked Angie's List. So be that a lesson, even if a company refers you to another to do the work you need done, check that company out yourself. Don't go by their word even if you had good experience with the referring company.

Description of Work
This company measured the dimensions of the existing chimney cap, ordered a new one, and installed the new cap. They originally provided an estimate detailing both the cap replacement and work to replace some cedar siding around the chimney.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Angie's List member did have work done by us in September of 2010. He needed a new chase cover. A stainless steel chase cover is specially manufactured to the specifications of his chimney. We had to remove the cap and storm collar to install this and then reattach the cap and collar after. The material and labor was $980. When we went back to fix the chase cover, we had to use a board to tapper out the top more to accommodate the run off, and this we gladly do for our customers. Customer satisfaction is our greatest priority, and we guarantee our work. We did do a bid on the siding repair as well. This was never invoiced by us. There was a communication error from the office to the crew to include this on the schedule from the estimate. I apologize that this happened, but we will gladly schedule to go back and do the work on the siding on another date.

04/20/2011

David S.

They took out our chimney and put in a window. They did a great job. The finishing on the inside was okay and I am not sure if anyone else could have done better. They did what they were supposed to do. They were good people to work with.

Description of Work
I used All American Chimney Service in March.

Category replacement windows, chimney repair

It was a pleasure working with you. We were sincerely glad to hear about the happy look on your wife's face when we installed the window.

07/06/2009

steven S.

I was very disappointed. They sent a couple of young guys to do the work who did a really sloppy and messy job. I went up to inspect it and found that they had left several holes in the mortar. It wasn't sealed up correctly. When I called them to have the work redone they put me off for a while. After they corrected the work I didn't receive any follow up from them to make sure I was satisfied. Update. 1/17/12 I had to have their work completely redone this past summer. Mortar had started to fall away in several places and they also forgot to apply sealer. I would not recommend this company for small jobs.

Description of Work
They came to my home and rebuilt the chimney for me.

Category chimney repair

When the mortar dries, it can pop and appear to have holes in it. If there is ever an issue after we leave, we will always come back and make it right. We guarentee our work for a year, and we want to make sure our work is up to satisfaction.

Spencer Construction

Masonry Services, Chimney Repair, Tile Flooring, BBQ's, Firepits. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

EMR Masonry LLC

I have been in the masonry business for 25 years, I am a skilled mason and i have great references from people I have worked for, I guarantee the best work possible for your exact liking.

Offers by EMR Masonry LLC on Angi
    Emmanuel Painting LLC

Offers by Emmanuel Painting LLC on Angi
    MasterCard, Check, Visa, Discover

THIS SERVICE PROVIDER SPECIALIZES IN SMOKE AND DOWNDRAFT PROBLEMS, CHIMNEY SWEEPING, FURNACE FLUE SWEEPING, GLAZED CREOSOTE REMOVAL, CHIMNEY CAPS, CROWN REPAIR, FLASHING, TUCKPOINTING, MASONRY REPAIRS, WATERPROOFING, GAS AND OIL FLUE LINING OR RELINING, NEW FIREPLACE AND MASONRY CHIMNEY CONSTRUCTION, AND WOOD BURNING STOVES, INSERTS OR FREE STANDING, ZERO CLEARANCE FIREPLACES, SEE THROUGH FIREPLACES, GAS STOVES, AND GAS LOGS, GAS FIREPLACE INSERTS,OUTDOOR LIVING SPACES, CONCRETE AND TILE, SIDING

Electrical work, furnace DUCT cleaning