Chimney Savers Builders Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2010

PO Box 246

Randolph, VT 05060

Chimney Savers, a family owned and operated business, has been servicing Vermont and New Hampshire since 1989. We have built a strong reputation by offering honest advice. When giving an estimate or performing an inspection, our main goal is to keep you and your family safe. Our professional staff of chimney technicians has the ability to do just that by being certified and knowledgeable about all aspects of heating and venting systems, . We will never scare you into using our services. Instead, we strive to make you aware of the situation and let you know what we would recommend. From our initial inspection or estimate to the completion of the job, we at Chimney Savers treat your home as if it were our own. Whatever your chimney needs, please don't hesitate to call on us ....

07/15/2022

Mark M.

As always, the service performance and personnel were top notch - respectful of my property (e.g. masks, shoe covers, and carpet protection), with personable sharing of information about the job. Also, Jeff, thanks for the bassist Julia Hofer reference and, yeah wow, as if.

Description of Work
chimney sweep

06/22/2022

Rae R.

Super, Mike was extremely patient in explaining everything he did or was going to do. He took a lot of pictures both in and outside the chimney so we could see just what needs to be fixed in order to make it be as efficient as possible. (a new liner, masonry work)One phone call for piece of mind come burning season. Thank you for being #1!!

Description of Work
Chimney sweep and inspection

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney repair

06/06/2022

Katie V.

Many thanks to Jeff and Leo for the outstanding chimney service they provided! Their hard work and technical skills are greatly appreciated. Both gentlemen are exceptionally personable, kind, knowledgeable and meticulous. Chimney Savers never disappoints! Thank you again!

Description of Work
chimney cleaning

02/13/2022

Mark M.

I've hired many folks to do work for me during my 72+ years and 5 owned residences, and Chimney Savers easily rank among the best. Their professionalism integrity and respect remained top notch throughout the three-step process involved in the job - from Alan and Mike's timely coordination and clear communication in the office, to Jeff and Joe's conscientious efforts removing the old fireplace insert while leaving my brick hearth intact, Jeff and Cam's long hours installing a new chimney and wood stove in a day, and Curt and Bob's finishing touches in a foot of snow to install the custom cap. I would hire them again in a heartbeat, and highly recommend them to anyone in need of their services.

Description of Work
remove insert fireplace, replace chimney system & install wood stove

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

09/27/2021

JEFF J.

Very well. It was thorough, well explained. I will hire Chimney Savers to conduct needed modifications and future inspections.

Description of Work
Chimney flashing repair and fireplace cleaning and inspection

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney repair

06/09/2021

Janet G.

Jeff arrived on time and was very knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. He did everything to keep the house clean. He also measured for a new fireplace insert and checked that out for us. he called to let us know what he found the same day. We are very happy with everything.

Description of Work
annual cleaning and inspection of two flues

06/08/2021

Mark M.

Steven was great. He was on time and professional in every way - from his Covid mask and shoe covers, to his genuinely friendly demeanor and thorough, knowledgeable and informative performance of duties. I'm very much looking forward to working with Chimney Savers on the installation of my new wood stove.

Description of Work
A 40 year-old, worn-out fireplace insert was inspected in anticipation of installing a new wood stove

09/04/2020

Karen P.

very, very professional. The technician Jacob was extremely knowledgeable. He was thorough in his explanations and patient with my multiple...and probably off-smart.....questions. He made it very clear that they would collaborate with me on solutions ...it wasn't going to be a "one size fits all" answer to my problem, They promised a response in a tight time frame and delivered on that. Their recommendation was probably not in their best financial interest but it was honest and very helpful to me. I recommend them ! When we work on the next phase of our chimney project....I will check in on performance. Pretty sure they will deliver.

Description of Work
assess the damage to our chimney

Category child care

09/02/2020

Brian B.

Chimney savers technicians Phillip and Lou were professional, fast ,efficient and courteous and the quality of their work was top notch from start to finish. I would highly recommend Chimney Savers for all chimney services. Great company and great people to work with

Description of Work
Installation of stainless steel liner and cap,and outside water proofing of chimney bricks

08/25/2020

michael H.

The work was excellent, all the people I have dealt with are great folks, I would recommend and hire them again in a minute. Great value, immaculate clean up and beautiful work. A great outfit to work with

Description of Work
The crew yesterday installed a huge wood stove and a stainless steel chimney liner all in one day! Previously a team came out and inspected and cleaned the old chimney liner.

10/17/2019

holly T.

Oliver and his sidekick (Lou?) were great -- very personable and informative. I was relieved, b/c we were long-time customers of Top Hat and breaking in someone new is always a gamble. I will be returning next year (already made a note on my calendar!)

Description of Work
Annual chimney cleaning

06/28/2019

Christine B.

The job was done quickly and professionally. The workers arrived on time and were friendly and willing to answer questions and update me on the progress each day.

Description of Work
Rebuild chimney and install liner.

08/23/2018

Paul H.

professional, competent assessment of need, excellent performance, respectful and courteous,.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection, repair, cleaning

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

11/10/2017

Johnnie B.

Fran, Bobby and Marcus were professionals, always courteous, friendly, knowledgeable, and hard working. Rebuilding a chimney is not inexpensive, however after all is said and done I would hire Chimney Savers again, as a matter of fact, I have for my 2018 chimney cleaning. The only important drawback for using Chimney Savers is that they are booked months ahead; so plan early.

Description of Work
Repair and rebuild 2 chimneys

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

11/07/2017

Dee C.

Excellent. Outstanding response as I needed emergency work done. Staff was pleasant, efficient and completed the job in less time and cost than estimated. I would highly recommend this company. Everyone was great.

Description of Work
Chimney Liner

11/17/2016

Stephen M.

In all three situations I've been highly satisfied with their work. While Chimney Savers may not be the lowest-priced service provider, when you are literally "playing with fire" you don't want to cut corners. My experience is that Chimney Savers are professional, polite, and they do what they say they will do. I will not hesitate to use them again. I have had positive experiences with Gene, Paul, and Fran!

Description of Work
Reline a chimney, install a gas stove, chimney repair

Category masonry, chimney repair

10/17/2016

Roy V.

They did what they said they would and did a neat, professional job.

Description of Work
I needed my stone and masonry chimney sealed.

09/12/2016

Timothy Q.

The best in every way. Replaced my upper chimney. This is all they do. Much better than general contractors they have real expertise. A+++++

Description of Work
Chimney replacement

08/30/2016

Rebecca K.

Paul was a pleasure to work with and Gene seems to stand behind his company. But in their own words, they did not deliver the service they are known for. We had two chimney's rebuilt from the roofline up, lined and capped. The main issue we ran into was with the reduction in size of one chimney to match the other chimney. The reduced chimney was not properly taken below the roofline, which resulted in a large glob of brick and mortar mounded above the roofline where the chimney stepped in. Because this mass was covered up with flashing, we didn't realize it was there and we only discovered it because we had previously asked our contractor to inspect the Chimney work once it was complete. The contractor informed us the glob protruding above our roofline would put the workmanship of our upcoming new standing seam roof at risk. We reported the issue to Chimney Saver's and Gene, the owner, did promptly appear onsite the same day we reported the problem. He agreed it was not done right and said they would be back the following Monday to tear it down and rebuild it from the roofline up. I felt relieved to not have to defend the fact it was not done right and felt very good because we were going to get what we expected in the first place...a cleanly rebuilt chimney from the roofline up. On Monday, after he spent a little time on the roof, Gene informed me they were not going to tear it down but would perform a patch job instead with a 16 yr. rather than 8 yr. guarantee on the workmanship. I didn't know whether to agree as I don't know the first thing about chimney patch jobs and he was asking me to trust in a company who had not done the job right the first time. This made me very uncomfortable and I regret not saying so at that very moment but it was just me without my husband or the contractor by my side. Instead, I had the city inspector climb up and approve the workaround. The inspector seemed to say it should be okay but I suppose only time will tell. I would also note a few other things. The intitial crew left a small wet pool of mortar in my driveway, mortar chunks in my lawn and small bits of brick and mortar rubble on my flat porch roof and sidewalk after they wrapped up the job the first time around. I reported this to Paul and they came out a few days later and cleaned up the area. My contractor also told me the owner had the crew correct something that wasn't right with the cap on the 'okay' chimney. In the end, I am happy with the responsiveness by the owner but less than satisfied with the quality of work. I realize we may have simply had a bad draw in crews but this is not to be expected at their price point. I selected Chimney Saver's because of their A+++ reviews all over Google and Angie's List AND because they are one of the (if not thee) most expensive chimney companies in the area. There is a saying that you get what you pay for - I thought I was going to get the very best. I was wrong. I wish our experience had matched our expectations and that of other reviewer's. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I have to agree with our city inspector who said the work was not even sub-par and our contractor who described the pointing and flashing as extremely sloppy (the roofing company did their best to smooth the flashing but it still has a very 'beat up' appearance). Lastly, don't expect any kind of a discount for your troubles. The cost I shared is what we paid and equals the original estimate. It also does not include the 3+ hours we paid our contractor to inspect/consult on the chimney problem. Sadly, the latter was the only thing I feel we did right and was worth every penny!

Description of Work
Rebuilt from the roofline up, lined and capped two chimney's.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

07/14/2016

Timothy Q.

My chimney was 30 years old and disintegrating. These guys are first rate all the way. They built a professional scaffold on my roof and completely replaced my chimney, added a chimney cap, and installed a clean out door in my basement. Everything was very professional and done to the highest standard.

Description of Work
Complete chimney rebuild above roof line.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

10/23/2015

Matthew L.

The team completed the work very quickly and professionally. I highly recommend their work.

Description of Work
repointed, grouted, rebuilt top of chimney, installed new flashing, installed liner

Category masonry, chimney repair

10/22/2015

Matthew P.

Chimney Savers put together an incredibly professional report, detailing aspects of my chimney that I was previously unaware of. They were very thorough in their inspection and then cleaned both flues with precision. The ultimate report not only provided a line item bill, but they took time to explain each deficiency and why it would be important to repair. I felt not only that I was being guided by professionals but friends. Thank you Chimney Savers, I look forward to working with you in the future to modify and enhance my home!

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and inspection

10/11/2015

Maria L.

Tech found our house without getting lost! (This alone is amazing) Arrived on time. Provided the service we contracted and kept the work area clean. Gave us a maintenance and service report which is also the receipt. The tech was very professional and pleasant to deal with, answered some questions we had and explained a few things. Overall an excellent experience.

Description of Work
Swept wood flue from the bottom.

09/30/2015

Jeanne M.

Paul gave us some price flexibility by providing two estimates for the work. We chose the lesser options and the work was done promptly.

Description of Work
Lined chimney and removed decaying cap

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

08/20/2015

Thomas W.

Chimney needed repair. Service was quick and very professional.

Description of Work
Rebuild chimney from roof & install stainless steel liner.

Child Care - Other
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Chimney Services – Cleaning, Construction, Repair, Liners, Installation, Restoration, & Waterproofing.

Please see for details.