Hampton Roads Irrigation & Landscape

Founded 2001 • With Angi since November 2006

4.2

2413 Wolf Trap Road, Bldg. I

Yorktown, VA 23692

Our friendly and professional staff is here to answer any questions you may have about our company and our services. We're here to help you get your project done right. From the idea, to planning, to designing, to financing, to finish the line and beyond, we can help....

09/26/2018

Radoslaw R.

They appear to be an outstanding company. Rep was courteous, knowledgeable and very thorough. On-time appointment for review of lawn area in order to provide best quote solution. Timely responses and contact. Would be a great choice, especially since they were recommended by 5 Brothers, currently scheduled to re-seed lawn, as 5 Brothers doesn't do lawn irrigation anymore and works with them for this function. Might just be a one-time deal this particular situation/time...I just couldn't pass up an offer that outbid them and other company quotes by few hundred dollars. Will definitely consider them for potential future yard/lawn work though.

Description of Work
Lawn irrigation install

09/11/2018

Jack A.

They do a good job. Later on, we had drainage problems so they graded it for us and put in a drain pipe. They guaranteed we would not have any standing water. Their word ended up to be true. Even in the torrential rains we do not have any standing water at all. We would use them again.

Description of Work
They installed a sprinkler system 5 years ago. They also do maintenance on it twice a year.

09/02/2017

James H.

Poorly. It took them multiple visits to do a small yard. Two of their connectors came apart at separate times. The first month's water bill was nearly $400 because they set up the system to drastically over water. As a result, many of our new plantings died. No one even apologized. The owner never responded to my concern about the quality of workmanship or materials. Sod was laid and I mentioned a couple sections died and never heard back. As they say on Twitter these days, "sad!"

Description of Work
Irrigation system installed.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

11/10/2016

Jamilah R.

Bert was very personable and patient. He took the time to explain everything without my husband present and followed up to 're-explain' via phone after my husband got home (after hours). He was extremely thorough and encouraged us to do our research as well. We truly appreciated his approach and his interest in ensuring our needs were met ~ to include not wasting money on including extra 'heads' for the strip of lawn by the curb. We appreciated his business and timeliness, not to mention efficiency. HE DID NOT TEAR UP OUR LAWN!! I REPEAT, OUR LAWN WAS NOT TORN UP AT ALL!!! We recently had an issue and called Bert and he answered our questions, etc. He is so great, our neighbors opted to have him install their irrigation system as well!! Thanks and keep up the awesome service!

Description of Work
Lawn Irrigation in Front and backyard

04/28/2016

Cassie W.

Each portion of the job described about took about a day. Each crew was neat and efficient. There was no slander or garbage on the property. Almost a year later and everything still looks brand new. We continue to use HRI for servicing our irrigation system.

Description of Work
First irrigation was installed in the front yard along with pavers that extended each side of our driveway. We were so pleased with the work performed that we hired them a second time to install irrigation to the backyard, downspout drainage, and pavers at the landing of our deck stairs.

Category irrigation systems, drain pipe, hardscaping

04/25/2016

Cassie W.

The installers were efficient. They stuck to the task at hand and maintained a good work pace. I was surprised that they were able to complete the zone additions within 1/2 days time. They cleaned up their work area and restrained from slander or horse play. Over all very pleased & would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Extended my current irrigation coverage.

04/25/2016

Kelly T.

From the first call I made to the company to the payment I made within 2 weeks after the sod was placed in the yard my experience was great. The girl in the office was very informing and answered all my questions . The gentleman that gave me my estimate was very helpful and even made suggestions. Over all it was great and I would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Supplied and installed Fescue sod in my front and side yard.

02/21/2016

JAMES D.

they did a great job. very good work. we were pleased with it

Description of Work
patio modification

02/18/2016

Kathy W.

Description of Work
Patio install. |Beautiful patio. Job well done. we did have afternoon rain on the day of completion so it washed away a lot of the grout. We called and asked if they would come out and redo but they procrastinated and never got it done. We got tired of calling the company to see if this would ever get fixed, so my husband just decided to do it himself.a little disappointed that the company didn't come back out and take care of that.the crew on the job was outstanding. They did a wonderful job.

09/25/2015

Eddie N.

It went fast and quick

Description of Work
Replace a sprinkler head

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

09/15/2014

James C.

Hampton Roads Irrigation and Landscaping is fair when it comes to services provided. When I first moved here the owner came out and was very friendly and responsive to my needs. However, once work started the guys on site ripped up the electric running to the shed. When we did realize this had caused an issue where as you would get shocked at the faucet, we contacted the owners who didn't know anything about it. Honestly, it brings the entire company's integrity into question. Additionally, after each and every job they have had to be called back to fix or finish the work as promised. Most importantly, they refuse to schedule you for service date. The company policy is to state that they are about X-X number of weeks out and they will call you the day prior to service. Surprise! Even when the call was to have them come out and inspect the work they didn't complete the first time. So no matter if the work was completed or not you go to the bottom of the list once they step on your property. The last straw….While waiting a few weeks for this 'call', I was called out of town short notice and didn’t get the message they would be coming by. However, they still charged me for the visit and, once again, never contacted me to reschedule or follow up. I will find a company where better communication is the norm.

Description of Work
Water run off grading/solutions and multiple sprinkler system services.

01/05/2014

Stephanie M.

Patio and irrigation system

Description of Work
I used HAMPTON ROADS IRRIGATION AND LANDSCAPE.

12/22/2013

JO T.

The office staff keep me informed on the work and were very professional. The billing was handled very easily and correctly. I have used them a few times and have always been happy with the service. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
I live out of state and needed to have my irrigation system worked on. They fit me into their schedule and did the work promptly and completely.

08/20/2013

Chris G.

Bert (Owner) initially came out to provide an estimate for a seven zone system to be installed at my home. He was very professional and was able to answer any question we had. We continued to shop around for different companies before we decided to go with Hampton Roads Irrigation and Landscape. After we received an estimate from Bert, he kept in contact with us to make sure we were happy with the estimate and if we had any questions. When his team showed up for the install they were very professional and friendly. The installation was completed within two days and I could hardly tell that they had even worked on the property. Once the install was complete, they sent a technician out to demonstrate the system for me and adjust a couple of heads, so that the flower bed received water as well. Overall, we were impressed and happy with the installation and will use them for any irrigation or landscape projects that we have in the future.

Description of Work
Installed a residential irrigation system.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

03/21/2013

Leanne F.

They did a good job. They installed the system while we were gone. The service was prompt and they were very friendly. They were really on top of things. This was the second time we had used them.

Description of Work
They installed our irrigation system.

02/16/2013

Karen W.

We have a maintenance agreement for $400 a year.

Description of Work
We use Hampton Roads Irrigation & Landscape to maintain our irrigation system.

08/28/2012

Lisa K.

I had to go through the BBB to get them to respond when the pump failed to work and my yard continued to flood. It still floods to this day. Although, they did get the pump working after reporting them to the State, the yard was never properly graded and they used a non-licensed subcontractor to do the landscaping. They used dirt and weeds that they had removed from someone else's property to fill in my yard. Needless to say, it is a mess. Run from these people. Check the BBB if you need further evidence. They have an F rating and I am not the only complaint liste

Description of Work
I used this company to assist me with flooding issues in my yard. They removed a sidewalk, put in drainage pump, and were to regrade and seed my yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, drain pipe

05/16/2012

Eddie N.

They were very professional. Their price and quality of service were excellent. They were responsive and punctual. I will continue to use their services in the future.

Description of Work
They put in my sprinkler system.

04/03/2012

Sharyn F.

We had some problems with the project because they over tightened one of the fittings and we had a major leak, but they got it taken care of.

Description of Work
As part of our annual contract, Hampton Roads Irrigations and Roads LLC came to start up the sprinkler system for the spring. They also installed it several years ago.

11/09/2011

Thomas B.

The quote was very reasonable but no irrigation system was installed due to the inability to install a well. Tony was very professional throughout. I was surprised that installation of a well was not feasible and was concerned that HR Irrigation would balk on returning my full deposit. Tony helped me explore other options to reduce overall costs, but overall costs were still too high. HR Irrigation refunded my deposit in full..

Description of Work
HR Irrigation provided a quote for installation of an irrigation system. Installation was dependent on my ability to install a well. Using a contractor recommended by HR Irrigation, we learned that ground water was not accessible within 400 feet of the surface making well installation prohibitively expensive. Therefore, no well was installed, and no irrigation system.

12/16/2010

Stephanie M.

I liked them a lot. I liked their plan. The yard looked pretty good once they finished. I was really happy with them. They were high pricewise. I would use them again in the future if the need arose.

Description of Work
Hampton Roads Irrigation & Landscape located on Wolf Trap Road constructed a patio with pavers and retaining wall. They did landscaping after that followed by seeding and fertilization. I had some drainage issues.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, hardscaping

09/20/2010

malcolm S.

When it was completed, we purchased sod. Before the sod was laid, they were suppose to graded the lawn, however, I didn't notice anyone grading the lawn. I was instructed that they were suppose to put top soil underneath the sod. My wife say that they didn't put any top soil down, then I asked them why no top soil was put down. The owner told me that he would put the top soil down and pull up the sod that didn't have any top soil. They told me that I was suppose to water the lawn several times a week. I followed that schedule, however, the grass didn't grow back. My grass was burned and then I started to notice the weeds even where I had grass. About 70% of my lawn are weeds. I contacted the company for someone to come out to take a look at my lawn because it was growing. No one has responded to the request. I finally spoke to someone on 09/13/10 and they stated that they were going to come take a look at my lawn. I was not able to take off work to make the appointment and the company would not reschedule the appointment.

Description of Work
They came out and put in an irrigation system.

Category irrigation systems

These issues have been resolved. We currently have a good rapport with this customer and have provided them service since their installation.

Bert's Well and Pump Service

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to connect with us today!

Lee Lawn Care

We are a full service landscaping company. Here to help you with all your maintenance needs such as lawn maintenance and mulch beds and such

Offers by Lee Lawn Care on Angi
    Marlowe's We Care Co

Marlowe's we care company has been providing service in the hampton roads area in virginia since 1965. we are a Family owned business located in newport news, va that specializes in landscape design, lawn maintenance, renovation construction and commercial janitorial services to residents and businesses. Our commercial client history includes children’s hospital of the king’s daughter’s, langley afb, ft. eustis, York county, sonic, wawa, abbitt realty, us maintenance inc, vdot, t.g.i. friday’s just to name a few. license & registrations ccr.gov (duns # 124799433, cage # 42rx1 & ncais # 561720, 561730, 561740, 561790, 561210). class a contractor # (270) 508-4922a.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Whether you are installing an automatic sprinkler system for the first time or just need repairs or maintenance for your existing system, Hampton Roads Irrigation & Landscape can provide everything from designing and prepping your yard to installing and testing the sprinklers and backflow device. Then look to us for annual maintenance plans that include winterization and spring tune-ups. We can service and repair any type of automatic sprinkler system whether we installed it or someone else did.

Please inquire.