COLONIAL KITCHENS INC

Founded 1970 • With Angi since June 2010

4.3

Serving the Hampton Roads area for over 40 years! Custom kitchen and bath cabinets built on site by experienced craftsmen. Complete turn key kitchen an bathroom remodeling....

Price Electrical Inc

Price Electrical Inc. has proudly served Poquoson and all of Hampton Roads since 2005. As a local family owned business, we take pride in providing superior quality electrical work at a fair price. We specialize in all facets of electrical work including commercial, residential, and repair work. No job is too big or too small. Give us a call today to discuss your electrical needs!

Norva Electric

For several decades the team at Norva Electric has been providing top-notch electrical services to the residents and businesses of Hampton Roads. No job is too big, or too small. Customer Service is our #1 priority, ensuring that our customers remain repeat customers. Our philosophy of honesty, integrity, and giving customers excellent value at a fair price has made us one of Hampton Roads most respected and sought after electrical companies.

Tru Power Solutions LLC

We are a local family oriented company. We have been in operation for 8 years! We specialize in residential, service and warranty, commercial, new construction and build outs.

07/27/2017

Their work was right on time, and beautifully done. I had some minor changes to the plan they drew up, and they were extremely accommodating. The cabinets and the granite counters look amazing.

Description of Work
We had our kitchen totally remodeled, including the cabinets and counter tops. Colonial worked with our contractor to deliver and install the cabinets.

12/22/2014

Outstanding work. They saved me a bundle by using leftover Formica top in a stone-like pattern as I had requested, and the finished product looks like it was designed that way, even though the cabinet is a 40 year-old Sears sewing machine cabinet! I downgraded punctuality slightly, only because it took about a month, but it was understood from the start that the work would have to be sandwiched in...

Description of Work
Replaced the gouged top on my wife's wood sewing machine cabinet

06/05/2014

They worked with me on the design, accommodated my design needs and did a super job of construction.

Description of Work
built an entertainment cabinet

03/18/2014

It went well. They were very quick and professional. They cleaned up after themselves, however I did have to dust the cabinets when they were finished.

Description of Work
They replaced all of our cabinets, custom cabinet work- lazy Susan and spice drawer. They replaced our countertops. They put in a brand new hood and sink.

Category custom cabinets,home remodeling

03/11/2014

They were very good all the way around.

Description of Work
I last used Colonial Kitchens Inc about 2 years ago for a kitchen remodel that included new appliances and new cabinets.

Category custom cabinets,home remodeling

02/24/2014

I found out about Colonial Kitchens as a drive by customer. The gentleman I spoke to was fabulous. So, when we were ready to remodel our kitchen, they were my first phone call. Another gentleman was to call me back to schedule an appointment, but never did. As stated above, I contacted them three different times and no one over returned my call. Disappointing!!

Description of Work
Nothing. I called three times to have someone come out to give us an estimate and no one contacted us. After the third time, I realized they must not want my business and stopped calling. They never did return my call.

11/17/2013

Cabinets themselves look great, but weren't built as expected. Colonial was hired to replace existing cabinets which met door trim. Colonial's cabinets were well short of the trim--to cover this they fabricated 2 3/4" door trim by glueing 1/2" piece of wood to 2 1/2" door trim. This fabricated door trim repeatedly split at the glue-up and no where can you buy 2 3/4" replacement trim. Additionally ...

Description of Work
Installed custom cabinets and granite counters.

Category custom cabinets

In August of 2013, Colonial Kitchens installed kitchen cabinets and counter tops at the claimants home. After the granite counter top was installed, the homeowner called our company with a concern about a gap at the wall where the granite stopped. I explained to him at the time that this was nothing unusual. Walls aren't in general perfectly straight and granite cannot be scribed to the wall. He i...

10/31/2013

We wanted to make our existing kitchen cabinets more user-friendly. The cabinets were built to our specifications 18 years ago by Colonial Kitchens. We asked Van to help with the design and provide an estimate. He was very helpful and worked hard to put our ideas into a practical design. He understood our needs and translated them into drawings for Brian. Then Brian came out to the house, gave us ...

Description of Work
Manufactured and installed three sliding shelves in existing cabinets. Redesigned two narrow cabinet spaces and installed sliding boxes to hold baking pans. Made and installed glass doors on an open space that previously held a large microwave oven. Removed two small drawers and two doors from the kitchen island and built a shelf to hold a microwave, creating a built-in look. Added a large drawer under the microwave. Crafted a wood fill for an open space above the dishwasher. The open space was created when when we put new countertops in the kitchen. The old counter had a lip which hid the open space and the new tops do not.

Category custom cabinets,remodeling

10/17/2013

DId not measure backsplash correctly - too short. After phoning them, I was asked if I could fix the seam left by the old countertop by painting or caulking. A representative came to the house and said it could be fixed by a caulk line. I wanted a new backsplash that met the terms of the contract (1/4 inch higher than the old backsplash). After some discussion,I told them I would see how the caulk...

Description of Work
Install granite countertop and new sink

Category home remodeling

09/20/2013

After a few wrinkles that needed to be worked out the installation went very well. The piece is of extremely high quality in material and workmanship and covers an entire wall. Lots of needed storage space and places for five components as well as a large flat screen HDTV. A little pricey but that is to be expected for a custom piece such as this. I would use them again in a heartbeat!!

Description of Work
Built a custom entertainment center for our front room.

Category custom cabinets,woodworking

Custom Built Cabinets, Plumbing, Electrical, Tile, Laminate, & Soild Surface Tops.