BETTIUS MECHANICAL HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING

12607 COLEBROOK CT

Woodbridge, VA 22193

02/26/2021

Marsha O.

We were in need of a new heat pump system and received two estimates - one from a 'heavily advertised' company and one from Bettius Mechanical HVAC (who we had used previously). Bettius Mechanical HVAC's owner, Mike, gave us a quote that was $4000 less than the other company. Because we knew, from our previous dealings with Bettius, that they were reliable and trustworthy, we went ahead with them for the purchase and installation. Mike installed the new system, with warranty, in a timely, professional and skilled manner. No need to go to anyone else...they get the job done!

Description of Work
Install Heat Pump System

07/18/2020

Sue L.

Squeezed us in on a Saturday knowing a heatwave is just starting. Had all the parts needed. No surcharge like we’ve experienced with fleet technicians.

Description of Work
AC capacitor needed replacing

06/01/2020

john B.

Middle of July temperature is 100, I was away at my son's baseball tournament, and our air conditioner went out at home. Well I called the guy who installed it years ago. He asked when was it installed I said I guess a few years ago, well he looks it up, and it was twelve years ago to be exact. I though well at least I've not had trouble in 12 years so that's good. Anyway, he's in northern Virginia, I'm in Maryland, but he say's he'll come over tonight 9pm. I tell him my wife will be there but I'm out of town. He showed up promptly at 9, with his helper, quickly diagnosed the problem (the AC Capacitor) changed it, that night, and was so reasonable, I still sing his praises. So, if you need air conditioning or heating and want great, honest, prompt, professional work, call Bettius, they're the best.

Description of Work
Air Conditioning repair

08/01/2018

Fred B.

Mike came promptly, assessed what I needed, and told me that I didn't need anything new or replaced. He was incredible - totally honest, forthright, and said that he wouldn't charge me for coming by. I would hire him for ANYTHING I needed to be done with heating/cooling in the future without ANY hesitation. Completely honest which is a treasure nowadays.

Description of Work
need to check on an air conditioning and heating system after another company told me i needed to replace everything at a very high cost

09/15/2015

Tom_AL R.

It was great. Mike showed up on time and walked me through everything he was doing. He didn't have an up sell ready (very refreshing compared to the last contractor I had). He told me I don't need to add coolant (the last company said it was ~$270 and I needed it ASAP). He helped me decide the best setting for the thermostat to keep my system running well. I will definitely use Bettius HVAC for my Heating and Cooling needs from now on!

Description of Work
Annual service and maintenance of my heat pump (HVAC) system.

08/11/2015

John H.

Mike Bettius installed the new unit without problems. He even installed the unit during the afternoon so I could be home to monitor the progress. And the HVAC system works without problems. I am confident Mike will return if I have a problem or change.

Description of Work
Remove old gas furnace and AC unit then install new replacement unit.

08/09/2015

Barbara P.

He and his assistant came out to check my AC (A 4 ton 13 SEER A/C. This was originally installed in 2007 along with a Ruud 1000,000 BTU 80% two stage variable speed gas furnace, and a 50 gallon water heater, and a Honeywell programmable thermostat. He and his team did a great install for us, and we have been pleased with these products since that time. The Ruud products by Rheem are excellent. Mike's approach is a very honest one, he explains exactly what he is going to do, no gimmicks as many other companies seem to be good at. You always feel you are in good hands. I would refer him and his company to anyone who may be considering replacement of heating or ac equipment. He isn't there to sell you something your home doesn't need or make-up a part that is not requiring a repair/replacement. My AC unit was completely cleaned and serviced, even the outside was scrubbed down and looks brand new!

Description of Work
He came out to check my AC, just to make sure it was in good shape.

05/04/2015

Carol B.

Arrived late morning each day and worked until late evening. Have excellent advice on which brand and size of equipment to purchase. Months later when we had a problem, he returned quickly and took care of it under contract. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace, air conditioner, added return, etc

06/30/2014

Lillie P.

It went pretty well and the price was good. A- overall because it took a very long time -- he had to come out several times, sometimes very late at night (10 pm). The original price was $3200 but there was an additional $400 in the end. The unit is running well currently. I was overall happy but I'm still undecided if I'd use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I had them install a new AC system.

08/14/2013

Elizabeth N.

A year ago, our a/c failed when my husband was in the hospital. I called several companies, incl McCrea with whom we had a service contract. None of them, except for Bettius, responded for hours. Mike came and explained everything to me. He first got our current a/c going. That didn't last long before I asked him to put in a new unit. Never did he insist, as several companies had with our neighbors, that we needed a new furnace as well. He said that our furnace was working fine, and it still is. I was impressed with his integrity.

Description of Work
Mike Bettius installed a new air conditioner for us a year ago. We thought there was a problem recently when the a/c went off and called him at 10:30 pm, saying it was okay for him to come the following morning. He insisted that he would come then, that we shouldn't go all night without cool air. He was here 20 mins after I called. It turned out that our a/c was fine, that my husband who has some dementia had turned off the a/c switch in the basement.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

OASIS Heating, A/C & Refrigeration, Inc.

Small family owned heating and air conditioning company that has been in business for over 20 years. We provide annual maintenance contracts, repairs and maintenance on heating and cooling systems, and installation of new and replacement units. Additional services include: water heater repair and replacement, UV lights, clean air filtration, and humidifiers.

Brennan's Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Since 1979, we have been providing homeowners and businesses throughout Northern Virginia with our award-winning customer service, outstanding products, affordable prices and superior workmanship. Whether you are in need of emergency service, preventive maintenance, a new HVAC system or you just want to learn more about how to reduce your monthly energy costs; our friendly and knowledgeable staff is always ready to help. We are here when you need us! 2014 - 2020 Carrier Presidents award. Additional contact: Liz Cain. Additional phone: (703) 291-1677.

Chandler's Plumbing and Heating Co Inc

Family owned and operated business servicing all residential properties in Northern Virginia. Recent winner of the National Business Ethics Award for 2015. Rated #1 in Washingtonian Magazine and Arlington Magazine.