Bakers Appliance Heating & Air

Founded 1978 • With Angi since July 2005

4.4

1330 Old Bridge Rd

Woodbridge, VA 22192

Additional DBAs - Baker Appliance Inc, Baker's Appliance Sales Inc.

05/14/2020

Mandy K.

Service was good, they very on time, very friendly, and considerate. Their prices were pretty reasonable.

Description of Work
Electrical work - put in a kitchen lighting

Category electrician

05/18/2017

Diane B.

They stepped up and took responsibility. We agreed with who will pay for parts/ labor. We have been using them for many years and will continue to use their services.

Description of Work
They came and looked at our hot water heaters that they installed two years ago. They are coming to replace the two in the next couple of days.

Category water heater repair

04/01/2014

FRED L.

It was really good. I have dealt with them before and they are a pretty good company. They arrive when they say they will be here. They will call before they come and they will give you an estimate before they do the work. I have always been happy with them.

Description of Work
Bakers Appliance Heating & Air repaired my refrigerator.

01/27/2014

James D.

They did a fantastic job and my new systems are working great! These were normal "end of life" replacements. Their expertise and support is superb!

Description of Work
Baker's replaced both of my Heat Pump systems over the last two years.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, appliance sales

01/19/2014

Stevie I.

Replaced my ac/heat blower unit in my attic.

Description of Work
I used Bakers Appliance Heating & Air.

01/07/2014

Richard C.

They installed a new HVAC system at our home.

Description of Work
I used Bakers Appliance Heating & Air

12/08/2013

Lawrence F.

Well done. We have used Baker's for many jobs over the years. They do well on HVAC and routine electrical jobs, but not on complicated or high level electrical jobs.

Description of Work
Sold and installed new furnace.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

10/29/2013

David S.

I was aware that my old heat pump was on its last legs. Installed in 2000 I was told to expect it to last about 10-12 years. The air handler/furnace dated back to the year the house was built, 1983. I had a problem with the heat pump running out of freon back in March of this year. At that time the Bakers tech warned that the unit was very likely to go soon. He charged me $300 for replacing the freon and said if the heat pump failed within six months, Bakers would apply the money toward a replacement. Sure enough it failed a few months later. The way the air handler was configured, the hot water heater had to be removed to replace the furnace. This unit was very old as well and Bakers was able to replace it with a new one with no charge for labor as the furnace replacement required the hot water heater to be removed anyway. They also gave me a 10% discount on the cost of the water heater and applied the $300 credit as promised. The crew arrived promptly as scheduled, worked quickly, and cleaned up very thoroughly upon completing the work.

Description of Work
Replaced heat pump and air handler system as well as hot water heater

07/05/2013

Marcia S.

We were disappointed in their turnaround time when we needed a new furnace. Their prices were good. They do good work. Their responsiveness was terrible. I'm not gonna recommend them again.

Description of Work
Bakers Appliance Heating & Air put in one of our last water heaters and worked on our Reynolds property in the heating and air conditioning there.

06/17/2013

Cathy H.

I have always had good experiences with Baker's work, employees and prices. The employees who respond are always professional and polite and I like that I have had the same workers return year after year to do my household maintenance and any repairs or installations I may require.

Description of Work
I use Baker's exclusively for heating, air conditioning, appliance, plumbing and electrical repairs.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

richard M.

Everything went well at that time. We called on them after the store we purchased it from were unable to get the appliances installed correctly.

Description of Work
He purchased some appliances, they installed and serviced. We purchased a microwave, stove and fridge.

Nancy P.

They do good work. Sometimes, I find them to be a little expensive.

Description of Work
They have done some appliance repair.

Susan C.

We are very pleased with their work. The people who come are always polite and explain things well. They are always able to come quickly. They have good customer service.

Description of Work
We have used them a few times. They have installed appliances as well as serviced them.

Alia R.

It took the repairman all of 15 seconds to assess the part that needed to be repaired and another 15 minutes to actually make the repair. Great knowledge, skill, and professionalism.

Description of Work
They fixed a washing machine. The service was covered by home warranty.

David S.

We relied on them for a long time. Our last experience we found them untrustworthy. Our refrigerator quit out on us. They told us we needed work we actually did not need. He said the compressor was shot and needed to be replaced. We purchased another refrigerator in the meantime. We got a second opinion on it, which informed us that a small and inexpensive had to be replaced. We feel like we were straight up lied to regarding the refrigerator or the technician did not know what he was talking about.

Description of Work
They worked on some appliances for us in the past and also looked at our heating and air.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Henry C.

I used them for so many years. They did my spring, summer and fall maintenance. I had water leaking in the basement for weeks and they could not figure out the problem. I had a friend come out and he figured out the problem. That is why I do not use them anymore.

Description of Work
They repaired my furnace and water heater.

Patricia C.

I feel like the work went well and they did a good job.

Description of Work
They worked on our gas fireplace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, fireplaces

J G.

They are top notch. They are very responsive, knowledgeable, and they came with great recommendations.

Description of Work
They replaced a hot water tank. They have worked on an air conditioner as well.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Diane B.

The service is just fine. They are really great. I just wish they would wear booties but other than that everything is great.

Description of Work
They replaced coils on a cooling system.

Constance M.

Everything went well. No problems. Their pricing is reasonable.

Description of Work
They installed central air system and check the heat pump every year.

Robert C.

Our Furnace went out and a part was out. It took them over a week to get the needed part. The part was originally ordered off the manufacturer’s page. There was a delay and then they decided to order from another site and get the job done. B+

Description of Work
They have done various things in our house. They worked on the A/C Unit. They have worked on our dishwasher as well. We have used many times.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Dwayne G.

I always have a good experience with Bakers Appliance Heating & Air. They were very responsive because I have done a lot of business with them.

Description of Work
Bakers Appliance Heating & Air installed an air conditioning unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, appliance sales

Lilia V.

The installation and secondary service went fine; I do not think that there was anything that Bakers had done wrong or negligently. It was an act of the installation, difficult to determine whether an item manufactured else where would function as promised. I cannot fault Bakers for their service of the unit. I have had no problems with the air conditioner, the hot water heater or the thermostat, all of which Bakers installed in the last 4 years.

Description of Work
I hired Bakers to repair a new air conditioner unit; a unit which they had installed. The Freon was leaking

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

James D.

Excellent workmanship, very professional. helpful, and thorough! The elcectrician took the time to examine everything and suggested corrections. I have used Bakers over the past 10 years for electrical, plumbing, and HVAC services...they have provided excellent service in all categories and I can highly recommend them for home repair support!

Description of Work
Serviced an exterior electrical line.

Category appliance repair, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

03/18/2013

Hugo P.

My thermocouple went off that also turned off my pilot light went out.

Description of Work
I have had a 30 year experience with this company. I called them at 9:30am in the morning and they were out within the hour. Keep in mind longevity may have helped me with this situation. They fixed my heater.