Appliance Magic LLC

Founded 1999 • With Angi since May 2012

3.3

3085 Golanski Blvd

Woodbridge, VA 22192

We have been repairing all major appliance brand's in the Northern Virginia area for well over 15 year's. We are no stranger to competition that being stated we offer the LOWEST PRICES GUARANTEED.

03/27/2021

mesfin A.

Fantastic. They were the best and they did a good job. They were very professional.

Description of Work
They fixed my refrigerator.

03/07/2021

Sylvia B.

The Technician was very professional and knowledgeable about the issue and provide me the result. he also ensured me of the needed part and repair time. The Appliance Magic company did exactly what they said and the result was amazing. I recommend this company to anyone in need of appliance repairs. I love this company.

Description of Work
Dryer Repair

06/15/2016

Joseph P.

Description of Work
Sent a 18 y/o who new nothing about the gas oven range that we have. Mumbled and jumbled his way through and left.

01/30/2016

FELIX C.

Company promised an appointment time frame. 45 minutes before the time frame ended, I still had not received a call. I went to the store and was advised that the technician was unable to make the given appointment. At no time was I notified by the company. They wasted my time and we're highly unprofessional. I contacted American Home Warranty and advised them of this experience. Their Vendor Relations Department was notified.

Description of Work
CONTRACTED BY AMERICAN HOME WARRANTY FOR A DISHWASHER REPAIR

01/12/2016

nhu T.

AHS used this company and it is one of the worst. I could never reach them for a status, and they basically wasted hours and hours of my life.

Description of Work
Tried repair dishwasher and replaced 2 parts. After coming 3 times, they still were not able to fix it

12/25/2015

Diane R.

Description of Work
Arrived as sked. Had auth from extended warranty co to use them then extended warranty co told me I could not use unfortunately because they were not a kitchen aid authorized repair. Amy and Ali were very courteous prompt and knowledgeable.

06/30/2015

Donald A.

Description of Work
Worked on refrigerator

02/24/2015

Kelly K.

Once the part was ordered and delivered, they called to schedule an appointment. A different guy came to replace the part and the burner works fine now. I had some difficulty understanding both repairmen but that didn't interfere with the work being done. They did what they were called to do and I am satisfied with the repair.

Description of Work
I have a contract with AHS so I only had to pay $75 to this company. One of my five gas burners didn't light up (one I use the most). The repairman came initially and diagnose the problem as needing a diffuser (?) module needing a replacement.

05/27/2014

Pamela K.

American Home Shield scheduled Appliance Magic to repair my Kenmore dryer which was making a horrible screeching noise. Service technician came out and said my dryer only needed to be lubricated which is all he did. One hour after he left I turned on dryer and it was making the same noise only worse. I called Appliance Magic and was told a technician would call me. No contact from them, and after repeated calls, I finally contacted AHS to have Sears come out for repair. Sears replaced a bad pulley. Appliance Magic finally called me on 5/23/14 to see if I wanted them to repair my dryer. I requested my $75 service trade fee refunded for their shoddy "bandaid" repair job. They told me to get my refund from AHS. I have requested AHS to remove Appliance Magic from their vendor list. Appliance Magic gets an F rating from me in all categories.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

05/16/2014

Dorothy J.

Service team was unprepared, rude and not helpful. Problem was not solved.

Description of Work
Provider was brought in through my insurance company, so dollar amount does not reflect work performed. We paid $75 for the service call.

11/24/2013

Nicole K.

American Home Shield put us in contact with this company to repair our dishwasher. The technician was supposed to arrive in the 12-3pm window, but called a few minutes before 3 to say he would be late. He arrived at around 3:30. A few days prior another technician from this company came out and determined he needed to order a part, so this second technician was coming to install that part. When he entered the kitchen he asked me what was wrong with the dishwasher. I was a little confused since I figured if he was coming to install the part he had in his hand that he would know what was wrong with it. Ultimately he did install the part, started the dishwasher, and left. About 20min into the wash cycle water began pouring out of the dishwasher. I called the technician back and he told me he would be back in 30 min to look at it. An hour and 15 minutes later he returned and fixed the issue. The dishwasher is now working fine.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

07/17/2013

Marie P. M.

We call AHS [our Appl. Ins.] on July 7th to report that our Ice-Maker were not working for 4 days and that inside the refrigerator the temp. was not as cold as it should be, freezer included. They recommended us The "Appliance Magic". This first response was ok and one of the owners himself, came to the house and his diagnosis was that it needed to change the back panel to help the fan circulation. On July 15th a technician came with the new panel and replaced it. When I asked HOW does WE know that the Ice maker is working... he was a little evasive saying that we have to wait. At 9.00pm this date, still the Ice-maker was NOT working. My husband called them next day, Tue-July 16th-.8.30am to report it and, the same Owner Mr. Aqueel, told him that the "Ice-Maker" was not included in the warranty...!!! Our case is based on: 1. Even the AHS didn't alert us on this exception the first call, the Appliance Magic Owner didn't tell us either and continued changing the panel KNOWING that this would not solve the ice-maker problem.. without alerting us 2. My husband told them that we need the ice-maker fixed anyway, and that we are going to pay for it. THe owner promised my husband to call back since they were very busy then.. 3 Since he didn't call within the next hour, I called to Appl.Magic and again talked to him, and he insisted that the ice-maker was not covered, and when I asked him Y he didn't alert us so we might have finished solving the problem already, He responded> " THIS IS NOT MY JOB"... the AHS should call U. 4. BUT if he new this beforehand Y didn't talk to us to get to an arrangement. Today is July 17th and we are still waiting for a response... ERGO, This company doesn't know how to deal with customers .. and wasted our time and trust. Mr, and Mrs. L. P. Strader Woodbridge, VA 22192

Description of Work
Changed the computer panel behind the Refrigerator

07/15/2013

Jesus V.

Unfortunately I had to leave town when they came so my son stayed with them and I've had no complaints, everything turned out OK. They came and did what they were suppose to do. It was relatively easy to get in touch with them.

Description of Work
I used Appliance Magic LLC for air duct cleaning services.

Category air duct cleaning

07/15/2013

Sandra A.

Bought parts that did not fix problem.

Description of Work
Came and look at washer.

07/09/2013

Tim Z.

Service was provided by my home warranty company. Came twice. Each time a problem was diagnosed and fixed quickly. My dryer's fuse was busted and washer's drain pump was blocked by a coin. Work was quickly done and now the washer and dryer are as good as new.

Description of Work
fixed washer and dryer

02/18/2013

John A.

Went well - problem was repaired.

Description of Work
Service was through American Home Shield insurance for dryer malfunction, paid deductible.

01/16/2013

Elena H.

This contractor came out to repair my refrigerator through my home warranty company. There were three problems - one was repaired right away, the other two required ordering replacement parts. The first technician performed repair really well and ordered the necessary parts. Then, the company took a very long time to call me after they had received the parts. When the second technician came, he replaced a minor part very quickly, but it took him a very long time to replace the door gasket, and as a result, the door did not close tightly and did not seal at all. On top of everything, it turned out to be a very messy process (which didn't happen with other companies.) At first, he told me it would take two weeks for it to start working properly. I refused to accept this and called the warranty company, and as a result the tecnicial told them that it should take only a day to work. Seems strange that they tell the customer 2 weeks but when the warranty company calls, it's one day. Since this did not sound right, I requested re-install. The warranty company shipped the part again and called Appliance Magic to make sure they deal with this issue quickly and send a qualified tecnician, but Appliance Magic never followed up with me. When I called them, they didn't even have the record of communications with the warranty company or the fact that this was correction of a faulty installation. When I asked for someone to come next day to fix this issue (at this point, it's been almost 3 weeks since the first tecnician came out!), they told me they didn't have anyone going to my area and I had to wait another 2 or 3 days. Clearly, they have no concept of what it means to provide customer service. So when the third tecnician came out, the re-install went even worse - I could not close the refrigerator door at all. He pointed out the gap and told me to "put something heavy against the door" and it will resolve itself in 3 days. Again, he was a hard-working, nice man but clearly not qualified to perform the work. This was completely unacceptable, and I had him put the old part back on, which at least closed the door most of the way. I've had this part replaced several years ago with NO problems by a different company, but with Appliance Magice it went from bad to worse. What completely puzzles me is that they honestly believe that when the refrigerator door does not close at all, that's an acceptable result and the customer will take it. I asked for the owner or manager on duty to call me back, and again, no response. I had to call him. They sound very polite on the phone, but it doesn't help that they can't fix the fridge. The first tecnician was fine, the receiptionist was polite and took my call after hours, but that's the only positive I can point out and that's why I did not give them an F. The other two tecnicians worked hard but just could not do the job, and I cannot believe that the owner or manager was not concerned about the level of service I was getting. I felt compelled to write about the refrigerator that's still not fixed after 3(!) weeks, wasted time, energy and resources. I am asking my warranty company to send a different contractor and I STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.

Description of Work
Refrigerator Repair

12/27/2012

Franklin F.

I have a contract with AHS and Appliance Magic was the provider they sent. On 9/14/12, had two appliances that needed repairing. The refrigerator was repair and works great now. The dishwasher was another story. I explained to the technician that it had been several months since the appliance had been used, but it wasn't cleaning the items in the upper tray. Long story short, he stated the dishwasher needed cleaning with vinegar and that was it. I stated I didn't believe that was the problem, but he disagreed. Need to say, the problem continued and after gallons of vinegar and numerous empty runs of the dishwasher, the problem was still there. Requested a new claim and new appointment was set up on 11/19/12. Different technician came out. Listened to my problem and took the time to figure out what was wrong. Said vinegar would help, but there was a problem as well. Took the whole pump apart and discovered a blockage. In addition, took the time to discuss a common problem they often see. I was using the dishwasher detergent that is suppose to dissolve on contact with water - it doesn't and the undissolved casing was one of the items causing the blockage. Gave the dishwasher a cleaning and went I requested how I could avoid this problem in the future, made a recommendation of using a liquid to help the dishwasher perform better. Dishwasher is now working well. I would use this company again, but I would specifically ask for Munib, the second technician.

Description of Work
Two separate visits: 9/14/2012 Refrigerator was freezing items in refrigerator side - technician fixed this problem Dishwasher wasn't cleaning the upper level of dishes - looked inside and asked how often I used vinegar to clean. When I stated none, he said that was my problem. 11/19/2012 Dishwasher still wasn't cleaning properly -- since the time limit had expired that AHS requires, I had to pay additional $75 for this service. Explain the problem to the technician (MUNIB) and he took the dishwasher apart and found the problem. Items had blocked the filter and the pump needed to be cleaned.

08/20/2012

Kimberly B.

I have American Home Shield who sent Appliance Magic out to diagnose my refrigerator. The first issue had to be that they didn't ask what kind of fridge I had, so they sent out a technician who was confused as to my brand (Fisher and Paykel) and so he asked for the book. We gave it to him, but it is an owner's manual, not an operating manual. He removed the screws from the plate that housed the components, put a flashlight in it, "looked" around (because he touched nothing), and then he declared that it must be my control board or the compressor and reattached the plate. He said that he had to, "diagnose the refrigerator online", and would return on Saturday but gave me no time. On Saturday, I called to get an estimated arrival time. The dispatcher was confused. He told me that only one person works on Saturday and he would call me back. When he returned my call he said, ?We cannot fix that refrigerator as we are unfamiliar with that brand?. He then told me that he had called American Home Shield to tell them that they could not fix it. When calling AHS, they had not received a call from Appliance Magic. Now I have to wait for another company because Appliance Magic was too incompetent to ask what kind of refrigerator I owned, but more important, their technician was not up front enough to simply say, I cannot fix this. This has cost me another 7 days of substandard refrigeration and loss of food and I seriously question Appliance Magic?s business practices.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair estimate

05/07/2012

Imogene and Jim W.

Overall - the experience was great. The company called me within 20 minutes of my initial report to my home repair contractor, a separate company. They called on a SUNDAY and made the appointment for early MONDAY. The price was very reasonable. They did a great job! Really, what more could you ask?

Description of Work
I emailed my home maintenance repair service on Sunday, May 6, 12012, that my refrigerator and freezer were not working. They emailed me back within five minutes with my work order number and the name of the repair company that would handle my problem. Appliance Magic LLC called me within 20 minutes of that email. We discussed times for the work to be done, agreeing the repair person would arrive between 10am and 1pm the next day, Monday, May 7, 2012. The repairman called me 20 minutes before he arrived. He assessed the problem immediately - the defroster was broken. He accomplished all his work efficiently. He answered all my questions, explained why the problem had occurred, and how long it would take for the refrigerator and freezer to get back to full cooling/freezing capacity . I was very impressed that this company called me on a Sunday, made an early appointment for Monday, arrived early, and accomplished the work in about 45 minutes. The repairman was polite, friendly, well trained, and informative. I definitely recommend this company and will use them again when necessary.

Category appliance repair

Lowe's Air Duct Cleaning Inc.

HVAC Certified Lowe's Air Duct Cleaning Business is able to offer SAME DAY SERVICE, Flat rate - UNLIMITED Vents/Returns (per 1 HVAC system). No taxes! No fees! No surcharges! Lowe's employs 3-Stage HEPA Filtration technology to ensure top notch indoor air quality. Lowe's also offers Free Video Inspection of the Air Ducts (before & after cleaning) to demonstrate quality. Specialties in cleaning HVAC/Heating & Air Ventilation System include compete elimination of: - dust and debris - allergens - animal dander - fungi - bacteria and viruses - mold. Reducing: - allergy reactions, - itchy eyes, - sneezing, - irritation of the mucous membranes, - asthma issues, - respiratory Ailments, - bad smell/odor. Equipment Lowe's uses is latest and greatest on the market, such as TurboJet Max II (power-horse negative air pressure machine made by Air-Care), and Hurricane Air Duct Cleaning Equipment (manufactured by Meyer-Machine). HEPA certified, helps improve air quality and helps those with allergy or asthma problems. EPA and American Lung Association suggested that indoor air can be up to 100 times more polluted than outdoor, and therefore poses a greater risk to our health. They also suggested that a single air vent contains more germs and microorganisms than the average chicken coop. HVAC system in your home recirculates the air 3,275 times each day. Amount of dust accumulation is enormous.

DAVIS FORD HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING

The weather is unpredictable and with the ever-changing seasons, a fully operational HVAC system is required for comfort. If you need heating and cooling services, depend on Davis Ford Heating and Air Conditioning. We are an HVAC contractor with more than 25 years of experience, serving the greater Washington DC Metro. We are specialized in providing heating and cooling solutions. Our heating and cooling services vary from heat pump repair and gas boiler repair to electric furnace repair service. We also handle AC replacement and AC repair services. Because customer service is a priority to us, we personalize every experience and work to provide a quality service every time.

Atlantic Duct Cleaning

QUALIFICATIONS : ADC has successfully performed HVAC air duct cleaning on more than 160,000 systems. Proud member of the NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association) since 1995. Certification #11950078 The Atlantic Duct Cleaning process meets or exceeds all related industry standards. Certified by the NADCA in Ventilation System Mold Remediation (VSMR) and Certified Ventilation Inspection (CVI). Certification #V303030426 Active Member, IAQA (Indoor Air Quality Association) AWARDS Angie’s List Super Service Award from 2009 -2021 and is Better Business Bureau Accredited Business with A+ Rating. NADCA’s Safety Award Recipient (eight times), past winner of Outstanding Safety Award THE ATLANTIC DIFFERENCE Our service fee is based on the number of systems (we won’t waste time counting your vents!) Customer’s final cost of service is provided in advance, when the appointment is scheduled (you needn’t worry about unexpected add-ons after our technicians arrive) Our highly trained office staff and technicians will answer any and all of your questions about equipment, policies, and procedures (you can be confident that you are receiving the highest quality service) Simple online appointment scheduling available. All ADC technicians are professionally trained, in-house employees (we don’t use temps or subcontractors) 100% satisfaction guaranteed (if you’re not happy, we’re not happy!) TECHNOLOGY: State-of-the-art HyperVac Equipment HEPA-Filtered Vacuums for dust free experience NADCA-Certified Source Removal Air Duct Cleaning (only proven method to correctly clean your duct system)

Offers by Atlantic Duct Cleaning on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal
    $20

Dishwashers, refrigerators, freezer, dryer, gas, stove, ice makers, trash compactor, microwave oven, & washing machine repairing.