We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

APPLIANCE CONNECTION

Founded 1985 • With Angi since April 2005

13851 TELEGRAPH RD STE 101

Woodbridge, VA 22192

Family Owned and Operated since 1985. Largest Showroom in the Region. Most Brands and Models on Display. In-House Delivery and Installation Available. Low-Pressure, Friendly, Highly Trained Sales Staff. We Do Not Sell on the Internet. Contact store directly for further conversation.

09/20/2022

Philip S.

**WASHINGTON D.C. BUYER BE WARE** This company is horrible. I purchased a washer and dryer with install and haul away. They made 6 separate deliveries. Delivery 1 was for dryer vents (the units I ordered were ventless). Delivery 2 was the electrical cords. Delivery 3 was a washing machine. Delivery 4 was a dryer. Delivery 5 was haul away. Delivery 6 was install. After delivery 4 I notified the company that I no longer needed the haul away or install service and I requested a refund. They continued to call me and send people out to remove my old appliances and install the new ones. They still refuse to provide me with a refund for the services I did not receive.

Description of Work
Purchase, Install and Haul away of washer dryer

12/23/2021

Ronald B.

Customer server service needs improvement . The new dishwasher had a malfunction and had the call for a repair .

Description of Work
Appliance purchasing and installation

05/08/2020

James A.

I wish I could give an A rating; these guys were GREAT. They took my call immediately on a Tuesday; helped me place the order for a stackable laundry center. They promised delivery and installation for the following Monday. They arrived on the promised date, and the install went perfectly! I would definitely use them again. My 2 reasons for the B rating are: First, they promised to call me Friday or Saturday with the time window for the delivery, that call never happened; I called the store on Sunday to ask what time they were coming, and the guy answering the phone wastotally unable to help, he said no one from the Delivery dept worked on Sundays, and that it was MY fault for not calling on Saturday; so I had no idea what time to expect the delivery. My second issue, I wanted to buy the GE 5-year extended warranty; at Lowe's the waranty costs around $230, but this company wanted to charge me over $400 for a 5 year warranty (on an item that only costs $1000). It doesn't really make sense that a warranty should cost 40% of the item, so I did not purchase the warranty. To be clear, I WILL USE this company again, mainly because the delivery and install was on the promised day and it went perfectly.

Description of Work
Bought a new Laundry Center (Stackable Washer/Dryer)

08/08/2019

Joseph K.

We were looking to replace our entire suite of kitchen appliances. After much research, we decided on using Appliance Connection of Woodbridge. It turned out to be an excellent choice. Over the course of two consultations with our sales consultant, Elijah Harshbarger, we learned the pros and cons of different manufacturers' lines and were able to select a matched appliance set that checked off all of our requirements. Two weeks before delivery and installation, Appliance Connection sent an installation consultant to our house to check all of the places where the new appliances would go. From ensuring adequate door width to bring the appliances in and out, to measuring the cutout for the cooktop in our stone counter, to ensuring that the base for the wall ovens was adequate to support the new units, Appliance Connection left nothing to chance. Their attention to detail paid off when their four man team came with the appliances to install them. They came with everything needed to complete the job and the installations went forward without a hitch. They even moved our old refrigerator to the spot in our garage where we are now keeping it and reassembled it so that is was ready for us to plug in and use. Through it all, our sales associate Elijah stayed in touch to ensure that everything was done to our satisfaction. We could not be happier with the professionalism shown by all of the team that we interacted with at Appliance Connection and could not have made a better decision in choosing where to get our appliances.

Description of Work
Replacement of all kitchen appliances

06/06/2018

MERVINA S.

Very good company to work with. I visited the store twice, once to discuss options and the second time to make my purchase. Both times the sales person was knowledgeable and helpful. The delivery and installation went smoothly. The crew that did the installation arrived during a thunderstorm and were extremely careful moving the old and new stoves in my kitchen. I would definitely do business with them again.

Description of Work
Purchased a new electric range for my kitchen

Category appliance sales

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]!

06/02/2017

Carol P.

had problem leveling refrig. Head delivery guy seem unaware that the refrigerator had leveling legs; eventually figured it out. After they left, noticed some dents in wood floor at front of refrigerator that had probably happened when they pushed the refrig into place. (Had warned them that the floor was soft.)

Description of Work
purchase and delivery of a refrigerator

02/02/2017

David S.

Perfect. Despite the fact that washer and dryer needed be lifted over a counter and then stacked - and all appliances were a very tight maneuver through an historic farmhouse.

Description of Work
Delivery and installation of Bosch Benchmark Range, Refrigerator, and Dishwasher - and delivery and installation of Electrolux Washer and Dryer

12/14/2016

FARRELL H.

They were very good! They replaced this really strange part in a concrete box at the bottom of the washing machine and it works perfectly now. They were prompt, knowledgeable and they did the job in a really short period of time and for a reasonable amount of time. Interactions with them was perfect. The work turned out just fine! I was very happy with them!

Description of Work
I think they came and fixed my old washing machine.

11/07/2016

Anne Z.

Listened well, knew products well, provided plenty of options, professional

Description of Work
New appliance

07/18/2016

JOSEPH B.

Although I needed a couple of subsequent adjustments to the installation of the stacked washer/dryer and refrigerator, the service was excellent. They came back to make adjustments with no questions asked. The sales process was also very good, and I found the prices to be equal to or better than Home Depot. Would definitely use again!

Description of Work
Bought five new stainless steel appliances and had them installed

02/06/2016

Angela M.

This was the third appliance store we visited in our search for a new built-in refrigerator. Melanie was extremely patient with us as we searched for the best refrigerator for our small kitchen in Alexandria. She was extremely knowledgeable and thorough in checking the specifications for different models and finding the refrigerator that would get through our tight doorway from family room to kitchen. She also gave us a very competitive price. On February 5, Anders and his team carefully removed the old machine, and painstakingly installed the new SubZero. My husband and I could not have asked for a better or more professional installation. They were wonderful! My husband and I would definitely recommend this store to anyone looking for a new appliance!!

Description of Work
Removed 28-year old SubZero and installed new SubZero refrigerator

05/25/2015

Melissa M.

Excellent. I dealt with Kenny who has worked for Appliance Connection for many years and he knows his stuff. I am a repeat customer with this appliance store and trust them completely. I didn't even have to go in person to look at the products. I had Kenny guide me to the best rated dishwashers. They installed the dishwasher very professionally. It required taking off the cabinet cover and they put everything back to together wonderfully. My price included installation, an extra cost for the panel install and a 5 year warranty.

Description of Work
I purchased a new Bosch dishwasher and also had it installed.

Category appliance sales

Thank you so much, [Member name removed]!

05/23/2015

BARBARA P.

Our sales person, Charlotte, was very attentive and knowledgeable. She made the buying experience painless. The installers (2) arrived within the delivery window. They removed the old dishwasher and installed the new one. They explained what they were doing and how the dishwasher works, checked for leaks and secure connections, cleaned up thoroughly.

Description of Work
Removed old dishwasher and installed new dishwasher

Category appliance repair, appliance sales

Thank you, [Member name removed]!

04/04/2015

David G.

Installers were professional and did a great job. A screw scratched the top of the dishwasher door during installation. Though it is only visible if the door is actually open, the installer proactively pointed it out and said they would be replacing the control panel where the scratch was once the part could be ordered.

Description of Work
Deliver and install a new vented range hood and a new dishwasher.

03/17/2015

JOHN P.

This was the best experience. I would give it an A+ if I could. On 12/3/2014 I was in need of 3 appliances (range, fridge, microwave) in a hurry. Lowes, Home Depot and several other stores had a long wait for delivery due to the holiday season. I called Appliance Connection and talked to Rob Mosier. He was tremendous. He actually matched Lowes and Home Depot sales price AND he beat their price on installation/take-away AND he was able to deliver on 12/7/2014, which was faster than any other store by at least 2 weeks. He went to great lengths to get this done for us, and for that he won me over. This is what I learned about Rob and his store -- they will do everything they can to take care of their customer and they will not be beat on price. During installation I learned another benefit of going with Appliance Connection: their install guys are the best. Their install guys are employees of the store, not contractors; and I think this makes a difference in the level of service. They took the time to carefully install the new appliances and explain how they work. This was a great relief because I have had unsettling experiences with appliance installation when a big chain store hires out contractors to do the job.

Description of Work
Deliver and install 3 new appliances & take away old appliances.

02/24/2015

James R.

Our rating is based on 2 recent experiences: (1) Bosch Dishwasher - our old Bosch had broken and we were in a hurry for a replacement. We called several places to find the appliance sales price for Bsch was the same with only a few dollars difference in delivery / install fees. The top 2 potential sellers were Bray & Scarff (B&S) and Appliance Connection (AC). We chose AC because they promised delivery / installation in 5 days from the order where B&S schedule could only get it to us in about 10 days. We first recd. a call from AC the day before the 1st promised delivery date to say they would need to reschedule to two days later. On the rescheduled day when I stayed home from working to await delivery we got a call just after 9 AM to say once again the dishwasher could not be delivered so would need to reschedule. We called the sales agent to get a firm / assured date complaining that the promised delivery date / per contract of sale was missed and also a second missed. She assured us the next scheduled delivery date to us was confirmed now four days after the second missed day. :/ One day before that third scheduled deivery date we got another call fromAC to say gosh oh gee the delivery would need to be rescheduled now for the FOURTH time - no apolgy, no we are so srry, just as if that was standard practice at AC we would have to accept! We cancelled the order!!! The other issue involved a Whirlpool washer / dryer set purchased 08/13/14. That set billed by Whirlpool as top rate was delivered and found to be leaking water from the day installed. The surprising first response from AC was we needed to call the manufacturer! :/ This is the co. (AC) w/ the motto "We know the sale isnt complete until You are completely satisfied." After convincing them to come check out the water leakage, they diagnosed the problem as a faulty washer. After a subsequent visit when the water leakage persisted they ordered a new washer after many emails and much insistance! The new washer came and two days later the same water leakage! After the next visit with 2 more AC folks they realized it was NOT the washer but the dryer! This whole experience took over a month to resolve, many letters / emails and the owner whom we contacted several times by letter sent fedEx and emails NEVER bothered to respond> A good example to us of the real service policies at AC. The sales agent was the only bright spot and she was extremely helpful. However, we will NEVER buy another appliance from AC and suggest that these 2 recent experiences for us are examples of the REAL service practices at AC.

Description of Work
Sell us a Bosch Dishwasher and a Whirlpool Cabrio platinum washer / dryer set.

02/12/2015

David S.

This job went very well even with a few hiccups that were not the fault of Appliance Connection. The sales reps were very knowledgeable, listened to my needs, and found a product to fit my needs. Installation technicians were very polite and professional and skilled at installing the product. The only issue, which is minute in comparison to the exceptional work performed, is there is a disconnect between the sales reps and the shipping/installation department in communicating when an installation is going to happen. The sales department gave me an installation date and time but that information was never passed onto the installation team. After the ice maker stopped working after 5 weeks of troubleshooting, Appliance connection reached out to Frigidaire to have the refrigerator replaced. Frigidaire (Electrolux) said the malfunctioning ice maker was not reason enough to replace the refrigerator. Amazingly Appliance Connection, acknowledged the refrigerator was defective and took it upon themselves to replace the refrigerator with any other brand than Frigidaire. *** Note Think twice before buying Frigidaire refrigerators ***

Description of Work
Removed old appliances and installed refrigerator, stove, microwave, and dishwasher. There were issues with the Frigidaire refrigerator's ice maker. Appliance Connection put me in touch with ASI to repair the ice maker. Over the next 5 weeks ASI replaced every component of the ice maker's system except the connecting hoses. Replaced the water valve, filter, filtration electronics, adn finally the ice maker itself.

10/22/2014

Richard M.

We were steered toward the Appliance Connection by a friend who purchased the same items. We also checked Angie's for recommendations and were ready to visit the store. We worked with Nancy, and it was a pleasure. She showed us around the showroom and was very knowledgeable about all the options. We went with the two items above and have been very impressed with both...replaced the standard GE appliances for two awesome appliances we use every day. The Jenn Air cook top is awesome! Throws out the BTUs and boils/cooks faster than any stovetop I've used. The dishwasher is super quiet, so quiet they had to add a red light shining on the floor to let you know it's on! They also worked with us as we were having our counters replaced by Pyramid, and both companies were great to arrange the work together, so no issues and quick replacement. I will go back for stove replacement!

Description of Work
Purchased a Jen Air 30" Gas Center Cooktop with fan, and a Bosch 500 series Dishwasher; cost includes installation fees.

09/29/2014

Paul G.

The GE wall oven in our house was old - we had it installed over 25 years ago when we did a major kitchen addition. It had been and quot;acting upand quot; over the last several years. Although we could still use both ovens, the digital clock was and quot;cookedand quot; and as a result we could no longer use the self-cleaning or other timer-related functions and it would frequently beep for no reason at all. We called the beeping our and quot;ghostand quot; and became more frequent over time. It was now time to replace the ovens! We had used Appliance Connection for other kitchen appliances. We did our and quot;due diligenceand quot; and checked other local appliance stores and web sites for brands and prices. We finally settled on an Electrolux double wall oven and found that Appliance Connection offered the best value - cost of appliance and installation charges. When we purchased our oven, Appliance Connection was offering a and quot;freeand quot; pre-installation inspection. We were happy to have this and would have otherwise paid for it (I think it was $75.00) to ensure our new oven would fit into the wall cabinet. The survey team (Michael and Mathias) took their time doing the survey and measurements, including inspecting the electrical supply line. The installation team (again, Michael and Mathias) was fantastic. Before any work was started. they put down protection on our oak floors in the kitchen. The actual removal of the old GE and installation of our new Electrolux went extremely smooth. They did the initial set up of the digital display and we were up and cooking in no time! They took the time to show us how to operate the basic oven functions and where to find and quot;how toand quot; information in both the and quot;quick start guideand quot; and full instruction manual. When it was all said and done, we even got a some money back as the new oven slipped right into the opening from the old oven, no cabinet cutting required!

Description of Work
Pre-installation inspection and installation of a new Electrolux double wall oven.

09/27/2014

BARBARA P.

Stephen and Jon arrived within the designated appointment time. They removed the old microwave and installed a new GE over the range microwave. They tested it to make sure it worked properly and then thoroughly cleaned up afterwards. They hauled away the old microwave.

Description of Work
Installed a new over the range microwave and hauled away the old microwave.

06/11/2014

Harry L.

Their quote was approximately $7,500. The showroom was pretty well put together and they pretty much had all the appliances on display. They were professional. They were very knowledgeable. If they didn't know something, they would research it.

Description of Work
We got a quote from Appliance Connection for a suite of appliances.

05/01/2014

Robin P.

The showroom is easy to navigate and has all like appliances grouped together, making it easy to compare features. We worked with Andrea Nohe, who was extremely helpful. She really listened to our needs and requirements, made good suggestions and pointed out things we had not thought of. And she was VERY patient with several last-minute about-faces mainly caused by our contractor. She was very responsive to panicked phone calls and e-mails and kept churning out new invoices and pricing until we finally settled on our ultimate selections.

Description of Work
Helped us select and purchase 6 new appliances for our kitchen remodel.

03/23/2014

Joanne M.

iAC was a bit out of the way for us, but we chose them because of their reputation on Angie's List and Yelp for excellent service, especially fixing problems arising from installation, if any. The store has a wide selection of brands and models of all types of appliances. Yurii, our sales consultant was very professional and knowledgeable, initially steering us away from combo washer/dryers, which had aroused our interest. He also was candid about the issues with front loader washers, and knew a lot about the features of a variety of brands. He steered us to Electrolux, which wasn't even on our list of brands. My only issue with Yurii was that it seemed a bit hard to draw information out of him, despite the fact that he knew a lot about the appliances. He answered questions readily and thoroughly, but rarely volunteered information. Since we don't purchase appliances every day, this made the choice a bit harder than necessary. Also (not his fault, I'm sure), there price was the price - no haggling. He did find an obscure rebate coupon when I pressed. The installation team was excellent. They showed up on time, took great care to protect our floors and walls, were very polite, and obviously knew their business. The job was well done, and they explained how everything was set up, and even something about the operation of the W/D. We've had no issues so far. We probably paid a bit more for our W/D than we would have at a big box store, but we got excellent service so far. I definitely would recommend Appliance Connection.

Description of Work
Sold and installed stacked washer/dryer in our home.

03/18/2014

Maura M.

This has been the best experience purchasing major appliances. I visited the store in Woodbridge twice and knew right away they were experts at appliances. I worked with Melanie on both occasions and can not say enough good things about her. She was professional and knowledgeable about all the different lines of appliances and was truly interested in helping me select appliances that would fit my needs and not just interested in a and quot;saleand quot;. She took over two hours with me as I made my way around the store selecting the fridge, dishwasher, stove and microwave and worked up 4 or 5 different quotes on the different lines. After a trip out of town, I returned to the store and we adjusted a few of the appliances in a quote and I purchased the set. (Note: The prices were definitely comparable to other options.) Due to one of the items being unavailable, I scheduled delivery and installation for about two weeks later. The team of two, who BTW work directly for Appliance Connection, arrived with the appliances on Saturday could not have been more conscientious. They carefully removed the old appliances and took care to correctly install and level each new appliance and then ran each one through a series of tests to make sure different features and cycles were operational. In total, they spent nearly 4 hours at the house and even took special care to adjust the microwave vent so it was positioned correctly over the new microwave. They cleaned up after themselves, were polite and never once gave me the impression they were in a rush and had to get on to their next delivery. It truly has been a great experience working with Appliance Connection from start to finish. If you are looking for major appliances, shop here. You will not regret it!

Description of Work
Purchased and had delivered and installed all four kitchen appliances from Appliance Connection.

02/11/2014

Gloria M.

It went very well. The young men who delivered and installed them were courteous and answered all my questions.

Description of Work
I purchased a washer and a dryer and they installed them for me.