A ProLawn Service Corp.

Founded 1981 • With Angi since April 2011

280 Victory Rd

Winchester, VA 22602

ProLawn's organic approach offers an environmentally sound alternative to chemical lawn care. ProLawn is a locally owned and operated family business. For over 35 years, we have personally served each client's lawn. Some call us their 'personal gardener'. Here at ProLawn, we strive for excellence in our personalized client relationships; quality in our job performance; and measured results in your lawn's performance. After your personal, certified technician visits for the first time, we recommend trying something new. wiggle your toes in the grass; play fetch with the dogs; or listen to the kids in the back yard...you'll know you made the right choice...for your family and for your lawn. ...

03/15/2021

Nicholas J.

If I could give Prolawn Lawncare zero stars I would. I hired Prolawn after firing TruGreen (another terrible service provide like so many in Northern Virginia). Prolawn was my service provider for just one season because of the incompetence of their office team and management/ownership. The technician I first met with had 25 years of industry experience and was quality focused. He was the reason I hired Prolawn, with the expectation, the technician that I met with would provide the service each time. The office staff said it would be no issue to have this technician assigned to my account, however several times early on in the relationship, a different technician that had never been to my property performed the service. So as you would expect, roughly 35% of the yard was not being serviced. In addition to Prolawn not honoring their word to schedule the same technician for each scheduled service so I would be assured 100% of the service was being completed each time, they had the incorrect sketch of my property. The incorrect sketch led to 35% of my property not being serviced each and every time a different technician performed it. And by the way, Prolawn was charging me 100%. I went through 3-4 iterations with Prolawn to correct the sketch, the technician came out to my property again, etc.. I thought the issue had been corrected, but to no avail it wasn't fixed. Last week I went through another iteration with the office staff to correct the sketch because the 1st service they provided this year (March 2021) was incomplete and again done by a different technician. This time the incorrect sketch only led to 20% of my property not being service, but once again, charged the full amount. Last week I tried working with the office team to correct the sketch once and for all and requested the technician and person responsible for updating the property sketch visit my property. I was told they would schedule it next week. This morning I received a call from someone on their office team "respectfully" declining to provide further service after speaking with management/ownership. Prolawn provides weed and fertilizer treatments, this isn't rocket science, but due to the incompetence and the ineptitude of the office team to get a simple property sketch correct, they will no longer be providing service. In general, this is the state of customer service today and small businesses like Prolawn that are owned/operated/managed by fools. Providing good (not even great) customer service, just enough to keep a customer is not difficult, but this is the result when the company is led by clowns.

Description of Work
Lawn weed and fertilizer treatments

Category landscaping, lawn treatment

As a family owned and operated organization in our 40th year of business, we always strive to provide 5 star service. We wish you the best in finding a company that can meet your needs.

04/15/2020

Tim C.

I've been using them for 11 years. I had no problem with them and I'm really happy with their service. I'm would recommend them to all. They were very responsive and highly communicative.

Description of Work
They did lawn care service.

Category lawn service

Wow, 11 years! Thank you so much for your business and for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the continued opportunity to take care of you lawn. Donnie talks about your lawn like it's his own. That's one of the ProLawn advantages of having the same tech on your lawn year after year. We look forward to the next 11 years and beyond!

04/15/2020

Jeff R.

They were very reliable, honest and they did a fantastic work. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They took care of my lawn.

Category lawn service

[Member Name Removed], thanks so much for not only entrusting your lawn, but also your parents' lawn, to us. We appreciate the opportunity to take care of your property year in and year out. And thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

04/14/2020

Sandy T.

They are very good, prompt, they answered all my questions and I'm very pleased.

Description of Work
They did a lawn care work.

Category lawn service

We appreciate your taking the time to give us a review. Thanks for coming on board with us last August. We're excited to see the results of our service after a full season on your lawn.

04/14/2020

Tom M.

They did a very good service and very helpful.

Description of Work
They did a lawn care service.

Category lawn service

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review! Thanks for being a valued client for the past two years. It's a privilege to take care of your lawn season after season!

09/26/2019

Christine B.

They're professional, very good and good customer service and great follow up.

Description of Work
Lawn care treatment.

Category lawn treatment

Thanks for being a valued client since 2014. We appreciate your continued business and look forward to many more seasons taking care of your lawn.

08/16/2017

Vivian P.

I am very satisfied with their service, and their office personal. Their technicians come when they say they are going to. They are a good company, and I would recommend them! This is Vivian from Middletown, VA.

Description of Work
He took samples, and compiled an estimate of what it would take to repair the lawn.

02/09/2014

Patty V.

This company is extremely difficult to deal with when you have a problem. We are suppose to have the 10 treatments spread out through the year - approx 6 weeks apart. During the last two years, we notice that they get behind in the schedule and then want to do treatments back to back. When I checked on the ingredients on the applications they were putting down - I discovered that they must allow time between treatments so that the ingredients have time to work. This was NOT the case during our 2013 season and our lawn suffered early on. I finally had to place a restriction on my account so that they had to call me before they come out to service my lawn - this way I was able to control the time between visits. Secondly, in 2012, their service representative blamed a lot of our lawn problems these last 2 years on watering so he suggested an irrigation system and offered his company to perform the work and that they would contact us. We waited weeks and then I sent an email to him. He acknowledged that he forgot and said that he would get someone to contact us. Even after several calls to Randy - noone from Prolawn ever contacted us about installing an irrigation system. On every single visit, he begins telling you about other customers problems and how they handle it - he will go on and on about this for an hour if you let him. I only care about what's happening with my lawn. We have been with prolaw for 3 years and frankly our yard does not really look any better than when we started with them. Bottom line - take the time to find someone else. Don't use Prolawn.

Description of Work
2013 Service Agreement for 10 treatments. We initially hired this company to maintain our lawn. In the beginning we followed their suggestion to have our yard completely reseeded and top soil mixture be applied to hold the seed - this cost us $1600.00. Then afterwards, we began a maintenance program.

05/20/2013

FREDERICK C.

Prolawn comes six times a year. They always leave a record of what they did and their quality control operations always call to check if we were satisfied or whether there was some else they could assist with. The result has been a care free lawn that is looks great. I have also used Prolawn for aeration and overseeding of our lawn.

Description of Work
Annual contract for lawn fertilization and treatment. We have about 8500 square feet of lawn.

01/25/2013

Linda R.

They came out on a regular basis and redid my very, very bad lawn; they made it look green again and I did not have to do anything except cut it; so that was very good. They showed up on a regular basis and let me know what they did. If I had any issues when I called them they immediately sent somebody out here to fix it. When I found a couple of brown spots in my, otherwise, green lawn they came out and took care of that. I really did not have any issues with them at all. I think their pricing is a little high but I got good service for it. The quality of service was okay and they called me the next day to follow up on their service from the day before.

Description of Work
I use ProLawn for yearly lawn care.

Category landscaping, lawn treatment

08/02/2012

Karen G.

ProLawn started doing our neighbor's lawn this year. I saw them spraying today (August 2, 2012) and asked them what they were using. The pesticide applicators had no idea what the active ingredient was in the herbicide they were spraying, just that the trade name is Momentum and it's an herbicide. They did refer me to their 800 number and the person I spoke with there looked up the information and called me back - the main active ingredient is 2,4-D (the active ingredient in "agent orange"), thus the good grade for responsiveness for taking the time to get that information to me (I wanted to check what precautions I should take with our kids and pets - agricultural workers are supposed to stay out of treated fields for 48 hours, so I'll use that as a guideline). The ProLawn website claims that they spot treat perennial weeds when present, but they were definitely broadcast spraying today. I read the instructions for Momentum, the product they were using, and it specifically says to avoid treating lawns that are stressed by hot weather and/or drought conditions. Our weather has been hot and dry, and our neighbor's lawn looks as stressed as ours - neither has been watered. So I doubt they should have been spraying that product today, if they were paying attention to the recommended application methods. I also consider their website somewhat deceptive. The first statement under "The ProLawn Difference" is "Our organic approach makes the difference...." They may use organic fertilizers, but the herbicide they were using today is definitely not organic.

04/14/2011

Rachael M.

I have some bad feedback to give about them. Sometime in 2010 their management changed and after that I don't think they did that well of a job. Right now most of my yard is actually weeds. They did 50% and half of them for spheres and were to do several treatments a year on it. The thing that make me not use them ever again is that I had the sprinklers system installed and the old person I used to work with whenever they would put the holes in the ground, they would call me a couple of days in advance and make sure that our water goes off. They would get a lot of ducts and put the sprinkler system in. I had called them and told them as I didn't want my sprinkler system ruined and he said that he would call me at least 4 days in advance so that I could mark the system. They called me 1 day in advance and told me they were coming out tomorrow. During the summer I leave the house between 5and6 and I get home by 9. I came home to the message saying that they are coming tomorrow. I called back saying wait till I get more time and whoever the manager over there started yelling at me saying that we don't give you more time. The person whom you are talking about doesn't work here anymore and I quite literally stayed with this company even though I felt it was a little bit sub-par because of the great customer service of this man. By the time they could put me back on their schedule they had already been freezing and the grass doesn't tend to grow much when it's freezing. When I expressed my concern to her she said I was crazy and that the grass grows even when it freezes. It was $360 that went down the drain. They are completely rude and unprofessional. The other gentleman over there was fine but I wasted a lot of money.

Description of Work
I used the service of Pro Lawn Inc last year to fertilize, weed control and they put the plugs in the yard for the grass to grow.

Category lawn service, leather & vinyl repair

Timber Works Tree Care

Timber Works Tree Care is an experienced and trusted Tree Service Company dedicated to providing quality Arboreal Services at an affordable price. We are proud to have the best reputation in our service area with over 100 5 star reviews on Google, Angie's List, and Yelp. Timber Works Tree Care has locations in Front Royal VA, and Manassas Va, and offers Tree Service, Tree Removal and land clearing/forestry mulching services to those in Winchester Va, Shenandoah Valley, and northern Virginia area.

Green Pest Services

Pest Control Done the Green Way Green Pest Services is committed to providing effective and environmentally conscious pest control services for our customers in Northern Virginia and the surrounding areas. We are constantly seeking to perfect our service by offering the latest in green pest control technologies and products.

Gordon W Frazier Tree Service

Since 1990, Gordon W. Frazier Tree Service has been providing excellent tree care and service for residential and commercial customers throughout the Northern and Central Virginia areas. Our many services include but are not limited to all phases of tree care and removal, hazardous and dead tree removal, pruning, dead-wooding, trimming, crown reduction, tree maintenance and preservation, stump removal, bucket truck services and much more. As a family owned and operated company, we are committed to the personal care of your trees. Tree care is more than our job; it's something we are proud of. We're always happy to inform you about the work we're doing. We consider it important that you're aware of the benefits of each task we perform - not only for your security, but because we enjoy sharing our knowledge. If you ever have questions about what we do, just ask us! Call us today for your free estimate.

Offers by Gordon W Frazier Tree Service on Angi

Virginia
    Virginia: Pest Control
    06/30/2022
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check

mowing

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about A ProLawn Service Corp.

How is A ProLawn Service Corp. overall rated?

A ProLawn Service Corp. is currently rated 4.1 overall out of 5.

What days are A ProLawn Service Corp. open?

A ProLawn Service Corp. is open:

What payment options does A ProLawn Service Corp. provide

A ProLawn Service Corp. accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check

Does A ProLawn Service Corp. offer free estimates?

Yes, A ProLawn Service Corp. offers free project estimates.

Does A ProLawn Service Corp. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, A ProLawn Service Corp. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does A ProLawn Service Corp. offer a senior discount?

Yes, A ProLawn Service Corp. offers a 5% senior discount.

Does A ProLawn Service Corp. offer emergency services?

Yes, A ProLawn Service Corp. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by A ProLawn Service Corp.?

Yes, A ProLawn Service Corp. offers warranties.

What services does A ProLawn Service Corp. offer?

A ProLawn Service Corp. offers the following services: organic based lawn care, weed control, mosquito control, soil testing, soil amendments, fertilization, grub control, lawn pest management, aeration and over seeding

Are there any services A ProLawn Service Corp. does not offer?

mowing