We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

A+ Handyman

Founded 1998 • With Angi since August 2012

625 Berryville Ave

Winchester, VA 22601

A+ Handyman has been in business, offering dependable service, for over 20 years locally. Have a piece of mind and rest assured you will receive top notch, honest and friendly service. Call today to get your free estimate and be sure to ask about our Preventative Maintenance Program --- we have a plan for every budget, home and business. In the unlikely event that you need a service we do not provide, we can give you a exceptional referral....

10/15/2018

Krystal S.

There team was amazing and very prompt.... they repaired my leak then waited to make sure they fixed it properly and then came back out and did the drywall repair.... excellent Company

Description of Work
Roof repair from a leak and then drywall repair

Category drywall, handyman service, roofing

08/16/2018

Stacy H.

My 84 year old Mom hired him to power wash her house. His employee was there for 3 1/2 -4 hours. (Mom says it was 8am-11:30am) Charged her $396.00 Did not power wash under her front porch..instead of taking a wreath down, they avoided that area...the windows were so dirty when they were done, she had to pay someone else to wash them...the shutters still had dirt all over them and last but certainly not least, they power washed the paint off about a 10-12 foot span of her brown guttering ..after going that far he realized the paint was coming off & did not wash the rest & DID NOT TELL HER ABOUT IT. (now granted the guttering is old ..which you would think they would have assessed due to oxidation, BUT you would think that you would notice immediately if you see SILVER instead of BROWN & STOP. Not 12 feet later! AND you would think he would have come & got Mom immediately, but no..they never said a word about it!) She called the owner about the guttering & porch but had not seen the windows yet (so that was not mentioned) He was nasty on the phone with Mom & has been nasty in the conversation I had with him via FB messenger. He did come to her house & offer to clean the porch but his response was pretty much sorry about your luck with the guttering. (said it was old & it's not his fault the paint came off) Now it looks like ****. And why would she want them to come back after doing a crappy job the first time & not telling her about the guttering??? NO THANK YOU! The estimate (which he did not give her in writing ,even though he said he offered ...but I doubt Mom heard correctly because she has some hearing issues..which most elderly do) was supposed to be $65 an hour & charged her $45 for soap & gas for the power washer. He claimed they were there for 5 hours & when I called him out on that he said well his guy had to use his time to go get the supplies & gas...Really? Lowes and a gas station are 2 minutes from Moms house. When I then called him out on that , he then changed his story & said he could show me a phone call on his phone from the guy that washed Mom's house confirming the price for Mom that it was between 12:30 & 1pm so that makes it 5 hours of labor...that guy could have been anywhere making that call if that's even true. During my messages with him, he insinuated that Mom was either senile or a liar, he had a smart *** come back for every point I brought up & in general he needs some manners when it comes to dealing with clients. So in a nutshell, Mom paid for 5+ hours of labor and $45 for some soap & a gallon of gas...what she got was a half clean house, windows so dirty you could barely see out of one of them, dirty shutters, and guttering that looks like crap now. AND he refuses to give her ANY money back. I asked if he could at least refund her the 2 hours of labor to cover the cost of getting the windows washed and he would not even do that! In my opinion...that is BAD BUSINESS and I hope no one else gets treated like my Mom did.

Description of Work
House & Guttering power washed

Category handyman service, pressure washing

This customers daughter, [Member Name Removed] put this story, in a different version on her FB page in which I answered. There are 2 sides to every story. However, the pics and various other info I have reveals the truth. She has been making many false claims, then apologizing for them. This post of hers was written before the last round of FB posts in which she apologizes for only some of her false claims. We started power-washing the gutters and after a short distance 8-10 feet we stopped because we saw that the 30+ year old brown gutters had failing paint. The paint actually came off with a wet rag. These gutters have been neglected for years. They need to be painted. They wanted me to paint them for free. Which I would not do. However, I did offer to come back and take care of the other couple small items, about 30 minutes worth from the time we pull up to the time we pull away. I have offered this repeatedly to no avail... yet she claims I have done nothing to remedy the matter. For the full conversation see her FB page, and you too will see the dishonesty and lack of morality that I have dealt with with [Member Name Removed]. Funny part is.....I never knew who she was till the other day...the work was completed a close to 2 weeks ago.It is also funny she doesnt have the cost of the job right OR the date of completion 8/7, but the date of 8/10 works better for her "story".... Way too many irregularities in her story to taken seriously. We have well over 100 reviews on here and this is probably the only negative one. Thats because we do our job RIGHT, and if we by chance miss something, we are always happy to correct it. Go to her FB and see for yourself our repeated offers. ( UPDATE--please note, after reading this, she has deleted the FB post- probably because it contradicts what she has said here, further damaging her credibility.) While there, take note of how her and her friends basically accused me of lying when our powerwasher had to be put in the shop the day after we completed her moms job-- it is still there, just went yesterday to discuss with the mechanic repairing it. Will be glad to furnish receipt when the work is completed. AGAIN, way too many irregularities to be taken serious. Even offered to repaint the small section of gutter. Feel free to look at our other 100+ reviews for a good honest opinion of our customers. ALSO, the job was not done on a time and material basis, she was given a quote. I have it on her original paperwork, free for the world to see This is the agreement that Angie's list asks you to confirm before posting a message here.....I confirm that the information contained in this response is true and accurate and represents my actual first-hand experience. I understand that Angie's List relies upon the accuracy of the information in order to service its members. I understand that Angie's List will attempt to fairly represent both sides of the issue. I also understand that my response will be reviewed and may be altered if I have used any name or have used language that Angie's List deems inappropriate........ She has totally violated everything in that statement. I will be speaking to Angie's about her post.

04/21/2018

Karen L.

We had a bad winter storm with high winds. Many of the asphalt shingles flew off the garage roof and we needed a quick replacement of the roof because more winter storms were forecasted. Jim at A Plus Handyman gave us a very good estimate and despite bad weather, he was able to replace the roof quickly and weatherize it before the interior of the garage was damaged. He was super nice to deal with, responsive, affordable with quality work. Would definitely do business with him again!!

Description of Work
replace garage roof

Category handyman service, roofing

Thanks [Member Name Removed], The weather was a challenge... the winds and calls about wind damage just kept coming! The challenge was not only volume, but also doing our best to complete all the roof work in not only a timely manner, but, while keeping our guys safe and working efficiently. The winds certainly were against everyone for a while. . . Thanks for the opportunity and for your kind review, we appreciate it.

08/18/2017

Lee P.

Went smoothly new what they were doing. Showed up on time. Very professional did great work.

Description of Work
Drywall, electrical switches, light, faucet repair, sub-pump.

Category drywall, electrician, plumbing

08/17/2017

Sharon L.

The work was started on the scheduled date as agreed upon and the work was completed within a couple of days. Richard came out to look over the job and provided an estimate for the work within a couple of days. The old toilets and vanity were hauled away. The job was completed for the estimated price. The is the second time I have used A+ and I am equally as pleased this time as I was when they painted the exterior of my home. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced two toilets Replaced lighting fixture in hall bathroom Replaced vanity, vanity top and vanity faucets in master bath. Replaced and installed handheld shower head in master bath.

Category handyman service, lighting, plumbing

07/04/2017

Cathy W.

I think it went fine and fixed both.

Description of Work
Water hose shut offs.

Category handyman service, plumbing

06/26/2017

Kenneth S.

Very good work by them when performed. Only complaint out of the few times I have used them is scheduling. They are very busy so scheduling can be a problem and once they needed to reschedule which caused me to hire someone else for the job

Description of Work
Some minor household things, such installing ceiling fans and fixing doors that were no longer aligned

06/21/2017

John Y.

The work was done quickly and very professionally. The tech was very nice to deal with.

Description of Work
Storm door Installed

02/14/2017

Laci R.

Rick was on time, friendly and completed the job. Rick was professional.

Description of Work
Repair plumbing & drywall.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing

02/03/2017

Wayne J.

Chargued extra for prep work to install tile. House was built in 1972 but tub was just installed,not quite level. The extra charge was for cutting tiles.

Description of Work
Install ceramic tile in small bathroom.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

11/23/2016

VICKI B.

Mike arrived on time, assessed the situation (was here just for estimate). Gave me a price quote and arranged to return later in the day & to do the work. He was professional and friendly. He explained all the steps as he went along. Went above and beyond. Worked carefully and efficiently. charged as quoted. Would recommend highly.

Description of Work
Moved an outlet box re-routed electrical cables in a wall to allow for cabinetry.

Category electrician, handyman service

11/17/2016

Raj P.

Very good job, no issued, fast, reliable.

Description of Work
Hand large airer. Hand ceiling hardware.

11/10/2016

Nancy D.

Mike was on time & prepared every day. He performed excellent service for us.

Description of Work
Electrical work for new office space.

Category electrician

11/09/2016

Anise W.

On time, efficient, friendly, good job on all the things that were done.

Description of Work
Hanging pictures, hanging drapes.

10/24/2016

Leah Z.

Grab bar installation was fast and done well. Tile work was a little sloppy and not properly cleaned up. Not bad though, just not A work.

Description of Work
tile bathroom; install grab bars

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

10/17/2016

Kathy R.

It went well. The power washing and repairs on the outside were excellently done. The interior rooms were nicely painted. The only negative - and a small one at that - was that the job got handed off to several different people and so I had to show each new person where to do the touch up work and remind about things that had been agreed upon with the previous person. The rates were a wee bit high - but they were efficient and I did initially have a bigger job and changed some things midstream. I think it all came out in the wash.

Description of Work
I had the house power washed, some rotted spots repaired by the sliding glass back doors, 2 rooms painted, dry wall repaired and some additional touch up in various places inside the house.

Category handyman service, pressure washing, interior painters

07/14/2016

LaRue B.

Perfect! Mike is fantastic! Always does a great job. Leaves everything clean.

Description of Work
Replace ceiling fan.

Category ceiling fans

07/14/2016

Cathy W.

On time, Mike took the time to go to tower & replace a broken fixture.

Description of Work
3 exterior lights, replaced plus, picture hung.

Category handyman service, lighting

05/31/2016

Nate N.

Work was done quickly with high quality. Easy to work with and responsive.

Description of Work
See estimate sheet. All work personal.

05/12/2016

William M.

This is an old garage on a slab of concrete but with one corner of the slab cut away where previous owners had a sauna. They had divided the building in half, an office in one part, a workshop in the other. On one side of the building an unused door had been left in place, and siding along the bottom of the wall was rotting. I asked Eric and Mickey of A+ Handyman to take the door out, replace the entire wall, which had rot along the bottom, and close up the space on the inside with drywall. Additionally, they cleaned up some rot around another door frame, replaced a boards on other walls along the ground and patched a couple of other places where there was damage or rot. We made an appointment for them to come and give me an estimate--they arrived promptly, gave me the estimate in a few days, and completed the work as planned, adjusting the estimate downward slightly to match the work done. Nice people who do good work for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Replaced a door and siding on an old garage/sleeping room.

Category contractors, handyman service

04/19/2016

Aaron R.

Overall, I was happy with the experience. I had three contractors provide me with estimates and Jim did not come in the lowest, but he price matched when I gave him the opportunity. The electrical work was done the first day, however one of the rough-ins had a bad neutral wire which required, Mike the electrician to com back out and fix it. Brian the p

Description of Work
I had rough-ins installed for ceiling fans in three bedrooms on my second floor. I also had my foyer (catherdral ceiling), living room (vaulted ceiling), and second floor breezeway painted.

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans, interior painters

04/18/2016

Kevin S.

Rodney was on time each day, courteous and helpful. Painting job looked very good. Mike did a very good job hanging fans. He was on time and very polite.

Description of Work
Painting of dining & living room, ceilings, trim, walls (Rodney). Hang 2 ceiling fans in BSMT. (Mike).

Category ceiling fans, interior painters

02/25/2016

Leslie K.

Great job! Explained everything well and verified understanding and satisfaction. Very helpful man.

Description of Work
Repair crack in brick. Weather strip back door. Repair two gates.

Category handyman service, masonry

02/09/2016

Cathy W.

Outstanding as always! Storm door had to be reordered & A+ took care of everything smoothly.

Description of Work
Installed door, cleaned dryer vent, replaced 2 exterior light bulbs & 1 interior.

Category handyman service, lighting, doors, dryer vent cleaning

12/21/2015

Stephen F.

They were professional and were quick.

Description of Work
Installed 3 ceiling fans and four lights both inside and outside.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans