JT Askew Drywall and Plaster Repairs

Founded 2005 • With Angi since November 2012

155 A Indian Cir

Williamsburg, VA 23185

With more than 40 years of experience, I take great pride in my company and the work that we do. We offer drywall and plaster repairs, interior painting and we can even repair or install textures. While our services are primarily offered on the Peninsula of Hampton Roads, we also venture outside of

02/29/2020

Jeff L.

John did a great job, repair was completed quickly. Great job blending the patch in with rest of the textured ceiling. Good job cleaning up the work. Would recommend and rehire again if needed.

Description of Work
Ceiling patch, repair and paint.

Category drywall, plastering, interior painters

01/15/2020

William G.

They responded immediately and got to work within two days after I contacted them. His workers were very polite and professional. They finished the entire job in 4 hours. Not only did they put up barriers to protect the rest of my home, but they also swept up and mopped their work area afterwards. The owner JT Askew also came by after the jobs completion to inspect his employees work. I will definitely only call them for my next project.

Description of Work
I needed the new sheetrock in my hallway bathroom taped and finished. I also needed a 6x6 foot hole in my kitchen ceiling hung and finished.

Category drywall

Thank You so much for taking your time to give a review. We are happy you are pleased with the work! Please call if you need anything.

06/03/2019

Theresa A.

I can not say enough about this company! I called with a job I needed done in a hurry and JT sent Jim and Denise out the very same day. Job was estimated and they returned in two days to do an amazingly thorough job. These folks are hard working, and pleasant to have in your home. Repairs were completed and they left the area very clean. To top it all, when leaving, Denise graciously thanked me for the work! No, thank you for the amazing customer service and for being part of the best experience I have ever had with a home repair company. Thank you, Jim for recommending the right paint for the job. I will be in touch as soon as I have another project. 100% satisfied.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Category drywall

Thank you so much, we take pride in our company, and customers. So glad you were pleased.

01/31/2019

Ryan D.

Amazing. Completely satisfied with the work that was completed. JT used D.C. Stucco and Plaster to complete the job, and I couldn't be happier with the service and the results of the repair. I had a hole in the ceiling from where someone stepped through the ceiling from the attic that was repaired and a crack running across my bedroom ceiling from water damage that was repaired. Both were fixed in less than 2 hours and done right! Plus, I have a scallop pattern on the ceiling that was matched perfectly. (See pics) I highly recommend this company for drywall repair, and I am definitely going to use again. Thank you for your excellent service and thank D.C. Stucco and Plaster for completing the job. Give them a call. Will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Ceiling Drywall plaster repair

Category drywall, plastering, water damage restoration

09/23/2018

Ron H.

Very well finished in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Category drywall

Thank you so much for your review, contact us for anymore needs. Thank you

06/13/2018

Robert H.

Mr. Askew came to my home, very well spoken, reviewed the damaged areas, and thoroughly explained the repair process. He addressed every one of my concerns, and discussed alternatives when I described the failed attempts by other companies that tackled these issues. He possessed the voice of experience. His crew arrived the morning. They too were courteous and skilled. Once done, other than the repaired (like new) surfaces, you'd never guess they were even there. Nothing out of place, no dirt, no dust, no mess. Very professional. JT Askew will be the first company I call for my next project!

Description of Work
Drywall Cracks Repaired

02/23/2018

Steven J.

JT and his team have an eye for detail. They spotted minor flaws I overlooked and now my walls are all smooth and blemish free. 25 years worth of dents, dings, nail pops, and wall hanging scars throughout my house are all gone in 2.5 days. The new paint will look so much better over the improved surfaces. The team, Denise and Monty, worked great together. The clean-up at the end exceeded my expectations. Don't try to do drywall yourself, hire an experienced professional to get the best results.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

03/12/2017

E. C.

When I first called for information JT called right back and came out right away to do an estimate. Both he and his staff were very helpful (by email and on the phone) in coordinating a good time to do the work . He was very conscientious about covering adjacent walls and the floor and cleaned up all around when he was done. The repair is excellent and blends in with the rest of the ceiling so you'd never know there was a gapping hole there before the repair. We will definitely use JT again and recommend him to neighbors.

Description of Work
We needed part of a ceiling replaced/repaired from a leak above it.

01/16/2017

vicki R.

live out of state, contacted company, gave him tenants name and number. Had a small area of ceiling that needed repair. Tried reaching him on his email 2-3 times and he never got back with me. Didn't know if he ever went to property. Very unprofessional. Have a real estate company that handles property, if he had trouble with tenant. I would have liked a response from him, so I could hire someone else if he wasn't interested.

Description of Work
repair a spot on ceiling

Category drywall

Mrs [Member Name Removed], we are tried to reach your tenant several times, we can not do more than that , I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. . We always are available 24/7 by phone. Sorry you did not receive the service you wanted , we always aim to please and by our standards and list from Angie's list we do.. your tenant never responded. We can't serve anyone that we can't get in touch with , sorry this happened. We never have these things happen. We are sorry this didn't work out for you. Thank you

11/30/2016

Sandra R.

Very professional, excellent job. I would highly recommend this company. I would give this company an AAA+++

Description of Work
Wallboard ceiling

11/01/2016

J G.

Quality/workmanship is second to none. Will hire again for second project we have. 300sq/ft room finished correctly over three days time. Level of finish work drastically reduced time to prime/seal and paint. Can't recommend strongly enough if you're considering a drywall project.

Description of Work
New drywall for an unfinished room

09/06/2016

Aaron O.

JT returned calls, was prompt and professional. Estimate was receive right after he came out to look at job. All of his crews were great. Honest, quality work. Hard to find these days. Would use him again for any repairs or new drywall work needed.

Description of Work
Install kitchen ceiling and repair holes in walls

07/04/2016

Heather H.

JT Askew returned my phone call promptly and came to my house the same day to provide an estimate. He returned the following day and repaired several small holes and dings in the drywall of our rental home. He is professional and courteous. I highly recommend him for any project; big or small.

Description of Work
Repaired bathroom and bedroom hole in drywall.

02/09/2016

Frank C.

JT was able to work with a last minute changed schedule on my part. He and his crew were punctual and professional in fixing all my drywall. They did a superb job at a very good price. I highly recommend JT to anyone who needs drywall repair.

Description of Work
Repaired ripped drywall at the apex of a cathedral ceiling. Also fixed drywall holes in several areas throughout the home caused by my large dog. Also fixed a drywall hole in the master bedroom caused by grandson stepping through the attic floor.

01/13/2016

William S.

Once it stopped raining and the ground had dried up some, this company had delivered and hand carried 106 sheets of 4' X12' X 1/2" sheet rock down a hill and into a basement. Through no fault of their own, the rain had prevented this job from starting when expected, but was promptly started within a few days. A team came in to hang the drywall quickly and in a professional manner. The finisher came in right after the hangers and also did his job quickly and professionally without any flaws. There were a couple of tricky spots in the mechanical area of the basement which they worked around with ease and they also did a superior job of finishing a curved wall area. This job was completed in the time I allotted and on schedule. From delivery to clean up, this company did an excellent job and I would use them again as needed for repair or new work. I will also recommend JT Askew Drywall and Plaster Repairs to any one needing this type of service.

Description of Work
Provided, hung and finished drywall for approximately 1750 SF of new living space.

Category drywall

Thank you so much for sharing your experience [Member Name Removed]! We greatly appreciate the work and the recommendation! Jeff

10/30/2015

Deb H.

JT and Dwight did a great job of bringing the drywall edges up to meet skylight frames giving them the clean-eadged architectural look I was after. Also repaired midline cracks in two cathedral ceilings, settling cracks, sheetrock tape repairs and some water damage from minor leaks.. JT was amenable to work around my schedule. They prepped areas well, cleaned up thoroughly after sanding and left minimal dust behind. Great job at a reasonable price provided by professional craftsmen.

Description of Work
Tied in drywall edges of 7 skylight wells; repaired water damage and settling cracks in older home

09/27/2015

Elizabeth B.

JT was quick to answer our request for a price for multiple small plaster jobs. Since we are an older house, he wanted to make sure of the type of ceiling repairs needed. He asked great questions and made some smart suggestions and even gave us some names of talented individuals for other jobs he doesn't do. After agreeing to a price, he showed up with his team and they got them to work. They were remarkable careful not to make a mess while doing the repair work. They were quick and attentive. They matched the 60 year old swirl pattern perfectly. JT even came back two days later to be inspect the results before accepting payment. He even checked back with us on the work the others he recommended have been doing. I can't recommend JT Askew high enough. We could not be happier.

Description of Work
Repaired plaster in bathroom and kitchen; repaired water damage near fireplace while matching old pattern

Category drywall, plastering, water damage restoration

09/24/2015

Steve M.

On time and completed job in time estimated. very pleased with work and J T and his staff were a joy to work with. Very professional but personal. Well worth the cost. I will hire again if needed and will gladly refer J.T. to others,

Description of Work
Repaired water damaged ceiling in dining area and kitchen. Repaired damaged ceiling in upstairs man cave where I had step through the ceiling.

09/23/2015

patricia L.

Could not have gone better!

Description of Work
Sorry Im late with this review. Date and Cost approx. Plaster repairs done in 7 rooms where radiators where removed. Also several settling cracks were repaired.

Category drywall, plastering

07/22/2015

Ryan B.

I couldn't have asked for a better experience with a contractor in our newly-bought house that we've been renovating. JT was very responsive and showed up the day after I called to check out the situation and give me his advice and cost estimate. We have about a 13'x30' living room and they quoted us $600 for the labor (I bought the drywall). I had done some research and determined that this was a very good deal. They came to the house the day after I bought the drywall, and had it all installed and mudded in half a day. Then came back the next morning to sand it, cleaned up, and were done. It's the best drywall finishing I've ever seen, and had several friends make that same comment. I will definitely hire them again if we have any more drywall work.

Description of Work
Put up new drywall on the ceiling in our living room. We were renovating our house, and took down acoustic tiles from the ceiling. There was perfectly good drywall there originally, but the liquid nails holding up the tiles had ruined the drywall. I was going to try to sand it and repaint, but gave up on that idea. I looked up JT Askew and asked them to come give me an estimate for putting up new drywall. They suggested just putting up new drywall over the old.

Category drywall

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us Ryan! We greatly appreciate your business and support! JT.

07/02/2015

Mike K.

Just great in every respect!!! Very professional and thorough from prep to cleanup!

Description of Work
Repaired numerous cracks and nail pops in every room in the house, including ceiling repair on a vaulted ceiling that required a scaffold. Acquired painter, price is included in above amount.

Category drywall

Thank you so much for the kind things you said, We are very glad to help when ever we can.You and your wife were so kind and helpful to all of us,and we thank you so much. JT

12/16/2014

DEBBIE & JOHN B.

Had a 8" inch hole in the kitchen from roof leak water damage. Wanted to get it fixed before Christmas. Researched Angie's list for local provider/contractors and found JT Askew. Wrote them a short request/requirements email on Angie's List messages. Got a reply within a day that said they could do the work in the timeframe requested. Jim Young stopped by on 15 Dec for a look at the damage and an estimate. The estimate was within the range I had set. Said he could do the work the next day..16 Dec. The repair with painting was conducted on 16 Dec with minimal hassle and excellent results. An A+ job from beginning to end.

Description of Work
Repaired a water damaged portion of kitchen ceiling. Fixed the dry wall hole and matched both the ceiling and wall paint color.

07/24/2014

Sarah A.

Four weeks ago, the house I had just moved into suffered a severe plumbing problem. While many of the service people did good work, J.T. Askew, Denise, and the rest of the crew were outstanding. The work was meticulously done, quickly, and the staff was pleasant and professional. The came when they said they would (What a concept!) and took every precaution to keep my house as dust free as possible. These are wonderful people, and I will absolutely work with them again.

Description of Work
Drywall, plaster, insulation, clean up.

Category drywall, insulation, plastering

Thank you so much {removed member name} for sharing your experience with us! We greatly appreciate your business & support!

07/04/2014

Mark W.

I was 100% satisfied with every aspect of service and quality of work from this contractor. My first time using Angie's List and glad I did.

Description of Work
Repair ceiling drywall damaged by a plumbing leak.

08/01/2013

Patricia P.

great, Owner of company involved in project. Techs on site were very professional and made an effort to reduce the amount of dust in home during demolition. They used quality materials. Would absolutely use again and would highly recommend.

Description of Work
remove old drywall, hang new drywall and finish most of the upstairs of the home.

GV SOLUTIONS PAINTING AND CLEANING LLC

GV Solutions is a family company dedicated to Remodeling, Painting interior and exterior, repair and clean from small areas to large places, We are dedicated to listening to the needs of our clients, and making possible projects at the best prices and qualities We make free estimates, we arrange a visit or call with our future client in order to hear in detail what they need. Our services: - Interior and exterior painting - Installing floors and removing old floors - Sanding and varnishing of wooden floors - Repair on walls, ceilings or any area of ​​your house - Deep cleaning of your home - Cleaning with pressure machine - Home remodeling - We can help you with this and much more

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Splash of Colors, LLC

Splash of Colors is a family owned and operated business, with over 35 years of experience. Our main goal is to do quality work and customer satisfaction because we take pride in achieving what our father has taught us.

The Painter, Inc.

We are a family-owned painting company established in 2006 to fill a void in excellent customer service in the painting industry. Our unique approach to customer service, high quality paints, and a 100% money back guarantee are the reason why we are the fastest-growing painting company in our area for the last four years. We do all types of interior and exterior painting, deck and fence staining, Garage floor Coatings, Cabinet refinishing and much more.

Drywall Repair Plaster Repair Stucco Installation/Repair Sheetrock Installation/Repair Interior Painting Exterior Painting Residential Home Repairs Commercial Repairs Residential Painting Commercial Painting

We do not sell any drywall, plaster or painting products. We are contractors who provide the service of completing the job for you. Thank you!