Arbol Tree Service

Founded 1998 • With Angi since September 2013

Arbol Tree Service offers tree removal, stump grinding, crane service, tree maintenance service, trimming & pruning, and Hedge pruning. We have 15 years of experience and take pride in what we do. We provide honest workmanship and raise the standards for quality tree services. We don't believe that you should have to choose between the best job and the best price, so we provide you with both! We also provide an array of other services listed below....

Coghlan Enterprises

Coghlan Enterprises is a Williamsburg Va (and environs)-based, insured home beautification business with over two decades of experience in painting, pressure washing, and wood-working. We have a B contractor's license and, from the result of customer satisfaction per attention-to-detail craftsmanship and faithful ethical practices, an A rating with the Better Business Bureau and a B rating with Angie's List. Are You looking for a business that cares about reducing the volume of harmful dust particles that comes from sanding wall-repair products? To have Your cabinets, mantle, shed, or deck restored? Need to change the color of Your children's game-room, Your man-cave, or dining room? How about a business that cares about giving to those in need at home and abroad? If we do it and You need it, then we hope to have You as our next satisfied customer!

JL Power Washing & Home Improvements

We specialize in all phases of remodeling for your home, business, bathrooms, kitchens, finishing basements, roofing services, power washing and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Power House Painting and Home Improvement

Our award-winning painting, pressure washing and home improvement company is dedicated to giving you a great customer experience and delivering beautiful work that you will absolutely love. Our hundreds of positive reviews, multiple awards and A+ ratings is proof that we are really good at what we do.

Offers by Power House Painting and Home Improvement on Angi

10/10/2016

In last July I received an offer from a man who sounded competent and gave some advice, changing my plans. I agreed to the price he offered for the whole work. Since I was concerned about one of his suggestions I called him and he announced his visit a few days later. He did not come, so I left him a voice mail to ask when he would come. Since then I have called him and left many messages on his voice mail, which announces that he will return the call within 48 hours. All in vain. No work was done, and I was disappointed.

Description of Work
Removing a tree and uplifting a dozen trees.

Category concrete repair

03/26/2016

It went very well. I was impressed with their professionalism and care. While they were here, he took down two trees for my neighbor. All this work was also done safely and professionally.

Description of Work
Pedro and crew cut down one large tree, shredded it and cleaned up the debris.

12/10/2015

Arrived quickly for estimate after first call. After that it took weeks to get return calls after leaving voicemail messages. That is the only negative. When he did call to do the job, he arrived promptly and completed the work efficiently. Using a crane, Pedro plucked the large oak tree from the midst of other plantings and laid it safely on the street in two pieces. From there they cut it up and fed it into a large wood chipper. They left the area cleaner than they found it.

Description of Work
Remove large oak tree from front yard.

10/06/2014

I was afraid I'd lose the tree, but their arborist said that was unnecessary. He recommended the crown cleaning. They performed the work and did a good job of cleaning up.

Description of Work
Crown cleaning of a tree.

10/01/2014

Pedro went far and beyond the work estimated. The most professional operation I have ever experienced.

Description of Work
Pedro and his crew took down 5 large bushes and pruned several trees. The quality of work was outstanding and the cost very reasonable.

Category lawn service,tree service

06/17/2014

The staff was friendly and the owner arrived 1-2 days to assess the job and provide estimates for the cost and when the project could be started. He mentioned the start date would be dependent on the weather and they would reschedule if they felt the ground was too soft. The workers arrived on time, listened to the details of the job, and then got right to work. They laid plywood sheets to minimize damage to the yard when felling the tree and removing the wood. Unfortunately, the ground was soft due to rain earlier in the week and removing the wood on an industrial dolly caused furrows in the yard and broke a small portion of our sprinkler line (which we didn't find until the sprinklers were turned on in the spring). It might have been better if the company postponed the project until the ground wasn't as soft, but the damage inflected was minimal. They completed the job in about four hours. Overall, I was very satisfied with their work and I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
The company removed a dead 30' pine tree, cut 10' of it into firewood, hauled out the rest of the wood, and then proceeded to grind the stump. They two additional stumps and pruned vegetation bordering a waterway.

05/15/2014

Outstanding experience! I called three local tree removal services (within Williamsburg and Newport News). All three were knowledgeable and professional. Arbol stood out for several reasons: ONE: Arbol had a crane that they could use to take my 111 year old TWO: Red Oak down without destroying my yard. One of the other bids claimed that they had six cranes at their disposal yet would not use on this job. THREE: Prompt and professional visit after my call to assess job with an all-inclusive bid to remove and grind. The gentleman that bid the job operated the crane on the job. FOUR: PRICE. Arbol beat one bid by $1100 (and used a crane) and brought enough people to do the job inside one day. The others projected a two-day job with a crew of 2-3 people. I *highly* recommend Arbol and will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Removal and stump grinding of Oak tree, Birch tree, and other smaller trees.

02/12/2014

I received three estimates for tree removal. I was very impressed with Arbol from the very beginning. I initially wanted two trees taken down in my front yard. The owner, Pedro, was very courteous and explained how the two trees would be taken down. He also suggested about taking down another tree in the front yard that had major wind damage to the top of the tree. I also explained to Pedro that I would like to keep some of the wood for firewood and he said that was no problem at all. He answered all of my questions and stated that he would go back to the office to give me an estimate later that evening. When the estimate did not arrive as promised I received a phone call from Pedro early the next morning stating that the office was very busy and I should see an estimate later that morning. Arbol's estimate came out about $200 more than another company in town but I just got a bad vibe from that company so I decided to go with Arbol and my wife and I couldn't have been more pleased. Initially, Arbol was supposed to come between 11 AM and noon. The crew of three did not show up until 2 PM but when they arrived they got straight to work. The climbers took down one tree within about 45 minutes and cut up the trunk wood as I requested. Later in the afternoon, Pedro showed up on site and apologized for having a small crew today. Normally there would be 5 workers but due to the possibility of rain, two workers cancelled for the day. The three workers on site (plus Pedro when he arrived) worked quickly and efficiently. I enjoyed watching the climbers scale each of the trees and first limb the trees and then cut sections from the top down. After all three trees were down, Pedro began to grind the stumps. Pedro stayed until after dark to make sure everything was finished on time and to our satisfaction. A minor mishap damaged some brick work around a flower bed where one of the red oaks were located. Pedro quickly called a mason who came out the following day to look at the damage. Overall, Arbol was a great tree service and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is interested in getting any tree work done whether it be total removal or a trimming. Arbol left my yard looking immaculate and the only trace that Arbol was even at my house was the three small mounds of shavings from the stump grinding.

Description of Work
Arbol cut down two red oaks and one sweet gum tree in the front yard. They cut the two red oaks into 16" logs so that I could have them for firewood. They also ground all three stumps and cleaned up the site to include the excess stump grindings.

02/05/2014

I was extremely impressed with Pedro's knowledge as well as the promptness and professionalism of the entire crew. The crew was thorough and efficient. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the company and will certainly call on Arbol in the future!

Description of Work
Pedro and his crew removed a 70-ft lightning-struck pine and pruned and trimmed shrubbery, as well.

Category tree service

It was so great to meet you and help to beautify your yard! The trees and ornamental shrubs looked great after trimming and you will no longer have to worry about the lightning struck tree! Thank you for choosing us to care for your yard! We look forward to working with you in the future!

12/21/2013

They arrived on time as promised and the crew was amazing and very professional and friendly. They removed all the trees within 2 days and ensured their safety at all times. Great job would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Removed trees from my yard

Category tree service

Thank you very much for your business with Arbol. Your yard looked great after we were done! We hope to work with you again in the future! Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us, with Angie's List.

Tree removal, stump grinding, crane service, tree maintenance service, trimming & pruning, hedge pruning. Anything to do with concrete, bricks or blocks, powerwashing, brush clearing, bush hogging, leaf removal, snow removal and we sell seasoned hardwood firewood!

Check, Financing Available