ALJ Services LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2012

7079 Riley Rd

Warrenton, VA 20187

Owned and operated by Alan Jackson....

03/02/2019

Karen A.

Alan showed up right when he said he would, did the work, and cleaned up after himself. He knows what he is doing and the install was done in the timeframe he indicated. He put the fireplace equipment we had in the garage like I asked him to. He even cleaned out the fire place before installing the pellet stove, something that we should have done. We are now enjoying our pellet stove.

Description of Work
Installation of a pellet stove insert

05/27/2016

Greg H.

Description of Work
I have used Alan for the last several years to clean and service my pellet stove. I would never look for anyone else. He is super friendly, extremely careful to keep my house clean and dust to an absolute minimum. I can not say enough good things about him. This company is highly reccomended.

04/07/2016

Brenda W.

Description of Work
Replaced a part. He is the only one I use to work on my pellet stove. I would give him the highest rating. I'm hoping A is the highest because that's what I marked.

11/27/2015

Mark F.

Description of Work
Do a thorough cleaning and lubrication of our pellet stove. A little slow on returning the phone call the schedule, but the new assistant is doing a great job. | Mr. Jackson is always conscience, respectful of your home and cleanliness, and very honest, only doing what is necessary.

10/19/2015

Peter Z.

This is something of a disappointment because I used ALJ to install my pellet stove and thought they did professional job and provided a quality service, unfortunately scheduling them for a follow up service has been impossible. The phone is rarely (not once in 4 tries) answered so it always goes to voice mail, but the messages I left weren't answered promptly so a week later when they would call back I was invariably not able to answer the phone and they would leave a voice mail for me. The response to the first email I sent said I should call to schedule which is problematic, and they didn't respond to the second email.

Description of Work
Unable to contact this company and schedule a service.

Category fireplaces

I am a owner operator ( one person ) and in the Fall and Winter I do play phone tag with customers. Phone calls are done in the mornings and evenings, in the order they are received. Maybe servicing before the busy time would be better.

04/10/2015

Andrew B.

Did a very thorough and complete job cleaning the stove. I had maintained the stove myself for 20 years but decided to have it professionally done. He was able to make adjustments to the combustion fan and auger motor which helped with some issues I was having. I plan to use his services again.

Description of Work
Cleaned and maintained pellet stove

Category handyman service, fireplaces

04/01/2015

edward R.

Every time I call it takes them weeks to call me back. Called in late December 2014, got a call back late January, after I had someone else do the work. Agreed we will use them for the annual cleaning and even got a price quote. so then I called to book a pellet stove cleaning, called twice and e-mailed Finally got a rather not friendly message notifying me that they are "not taking in new customers". I don't find this to be professional or nice. So, no thank you "we are not taking in new service providers of this kind" as well. This is not the way to do business as I see it.

Description of Work
They seem to be unresponsive.

03/13/2015

Greg H.

Alan is great! One could not ask for a better or more professional person. I have used him for several years for annual cleaning and maintenance inspection of my pellet stove. He is there when he says he will be there and returns phone calls when you leave a message. He arrives on time and never gives the feeling a rushing the work. Alan is extremely thorough and detailed in his work. He is EXTREMELY careful not to make a mess in the house and goes over and above to control dust and dirt. I cannot say anything more better about this gentleman or his company. I would highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Yearly cleaning and inspection of pellet stove.

03/06/2015

Timothy T.

Very well.

Description of Work
Checked pellet stove.

12/16/2014

Randall F.

Alan Jackson visited our home and provided a written estimate of the proposed work. He was flexible with our situation and arranged to do work in 2 visits to allow us to perform some of the tile work ourselfs. The work was done well and we are happy with the result.Seems as though email is the best way to contact.

Description of Work
ALJ Services installed a new Harman pellet stove in our home.

11/19/2014

MICHAEL A N.

He did a great job.

Description of Work
He came to clean a mechanism on my stove.

Category appliance repair, handyman service

10/15/2014

Calvin D.

Alan arrived a bit early for the appointment and went right to work. The pellet stove was taken apart, cleaned and all the details of its use explained to us. Any parts that were needed he had on hand. The damper cap was then installed on the chimney with a new cap also installed. Alan was able to get the damper cap at a discount and passed the savings on to us. In the end his price came in under the quote. I will be using him for all my pellet stove needs in the future.

Description of Work
Cleaned pellet stove, installed chimney cap, installed damper cap

Category chimney caps, fireplaces

02/20/2014

Greg H.

This company is great to deal with. Small business with excellent customer service. I have used ALJ Services a couple times now during the last several years and will continue to do so. Allen is great. He is on time, thorough, and extremely clean. I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Repaired broken ignighter on Harman Pellet Stove and perfromed full service check and detailed cleaning.

02/05/2014

Tafi K.

Very professional

Description of Work
unfortunately does not deal with the service I required however was kind enough to offer advise over the phone and suggest and name and number of someone that can help with the issue we have.

01/31/2013

Greg H.

I could not have been more pleased. The technician showed up right on time and did an excellent job. He was very careful to keep my home clean and free of dust. I was extremely happy and will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I have a pellet stove that was long overdue for its yearly cleaning and check-up. The service company I used in the past had gone out of business. I found ALJ Services on Angie's List and decided to give them a call.

10/01/2012

Cathy B.

Great service! This is the third year that I've used this company, and I continue to be highly impressed with the service! My pellet stove was inspected, cleaned, and adjusted for this winter's use. He arrived on time, and quickly went to work. My pellet stove continues to work perfectly winter after winter, due to this company's excellent service every year. He answered every question I had, and was so pleasant and efficient. If you need service on your pellet stove, this is the company to use!

Description of Work
Service included the complete cleaning, inspection, and adjustment of my pellet stove.

09/07/2012

Mark F.

He does an exceptional job. He is timely on arriving. He does a great job cleaning up after himself, which is important because there can be a lot of dust and ash from the stove. I would highly recommend him for your pellet stove issues. I've used him before to make repairs on the pellet stove, and that work was also done well.

Description of Work
Allen did annual maintenance on our pellet stove.

Mr. Handyman of Northern Virginia - Arlington to Haymarket

Mr. Handyman is your one-call solution for a wide range of home maintenance and repair needs. Our uniformed technicians are fully insured professionals. We arrive on time in uniform and a marked van with the tools to complete the job right. r. Handyman technicians are highly skilled craftsmen with an average of 10 years’ experience in the trades. We’re home repair and improvement experts, and we are known for the quality of our workmanship and professional reliability so you know the job will be done correctly and efficiently.

Offers by  Mr. Handyman of Northern Virginia - Arlington to Haymarket on Angi
    King General Contracting

Our services include: painting (interior & exterior), shingles (repair and replace), siding, vinyl, drywall, fencing, decks and more! We accept credit cards and also have coupons on our web site. We have 3 crews to cover a 100 mile radius. For the most prompt service, please call us directly at our main number. We look forward to hearing from you!

Nicolai Repairs and Services

Small reapirs around the house; to plumbing, electrical, and refinishing projects. Small and large repairs on vehicles and small engines. Furniture building and refinishing. Building projects and painting.

Install, service and repair of pellet stoves